Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

[Locked] Lag in matchmaking lately?

OP Cetra Lucindia

Is it just me or has there been some random delay with things registering in halo 5 matchmaking? Ive been playing alot of infection lately since i almost never played it and figured it would be a fun way to close out 152. However I feel like several times i head shot a zombie and it takes almost a second for him to die on my screen sometimes resulting in a mutual death.

Same with shot gun kills it sometimes takes a half second or full second for a zombie to actually die after being shot. Are others experiencing this or is it just my internet? I did all the network speed tests via the xbox network options and it says everything is fine. My connection is great, my NAT is open and i dont have issues in other games. Are the Halo 5 servers just getting messed with for whatever reason?
Probably should post in the H5 topic of games.
I'm having a similar problem in Slayer, delays and teleports. My internet is fine tho, might be a server problem.
APBsniper wrote:
I'm having a similar problem in Slayer, delays and teleports. My internet is fine tho, might be a server problem.
Do you know if halo 5 ever swaps over to P2P? or is it dedicated servers all the time? I know MCC sometimes goes p2p for whatever reason so that might explain the h5 issues if it does the same.. Its very inconsistent even over hours of play in h5 matchmaking.
APBsniper wrote:
Do you know if halo 5 ever swaps over to P2P? or is it dedicated servers all the time? I know MCC sometimes goes p2p for whatever reason so that might explain the h5 issues if it does the same.. Its very inconsistent even over hours of play in h5 matchmaking.
I thought it was just the dedicated servers, but I'm not certain. It could swap