Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

Map name keeps reverting back

OP Janus XLII

So I made a made a map I don't know how long ago and named it simply 'Island'. I then wanted to change the name, so I changed it to Litore'tæluði (Beach Planet)... The name stays for a while then it reverts back to 'island' for no apparent reason, can anyone help me out here???
p.s. I've used other names and the map name still reverts back to 'island'
Are all of the names you're using inclusive of special characters? If so that's perhaps why it doesn't accept the change. Try a simple change first, maybe just to 'islands' and see if it will accept it. If it does you'll know what the issue is. If it doesn't, you could reach out to Tom French and see if he can help. I think there were some issues with map naming a few weeks back
stckrboy wrote:
Are all of the names you're using inclusive of special characters? If so that's perhaps why it doesn't accept the change. Try a simple change first, maybe just to 'islands' and see if it will accept it. If it does you'll know what the issue is. If it doesn't, you could reach out to Tom French and see if he can help. I think there were some issues with map naming a few weeks back
quick question if you ever get around to answering this. Why not delete my post that I made on the regular Halo 5 forum, then shoot me a private message saying to not Cross post. Why lock it?
We don't delete posts, it also helps remind others who see that, that they shouldn't cross post as per the forum rules
stckrboy wrote:
We don't delete posts, it also helps remind others who see that, that they shouldn't cross post as er the forum rules
I'll keep that in mind, I was just getting annoyed that no one was helping me with the Name problem until now.
Are you in forge saving it as a new map or just renaming it in the menus/file browser?
Are you in forge saving it as a new map or just renaming it in the menus/file browser?
Usually renaming it in the Menus, but I'll give the other thing a try and report back