Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

[Locked] Please fix it

OP oTH3 ASSASSINo

For the past couple of days and now weeks, ive been having the same issue. Dedicated server problems. Being kicked out of games, lagging and skipping. Its really throwing off my gameplay and im losing games unnecessarily. I'll throw one grenade and 2 will come out, or the enemy is just eating bullets. Was getting assassinated in a game and some how I got out of the animation. Im all about a win but i want a fair one. Teammates are quiting or getting lagged out and making games uneven so i end of quiting my placment matches because its 4 on 2 or 4 on 1. Anybody else having these issues ?
YES, it has been very disappointing. I agree with you on all counts.
I am having the same issues!! Ughhh it’s so freaking annoying!!
It took me 1 hour to find a match where I didn’t get dropped before anything loaded, but I had that Walmart connection where every shot missed.
I believe most of the issues you describe are xbox hardware configuration issues. If you look at my game history, I play every day, pretty much since launch. On 8.15.18 I replaced my xbox, new xbox. I begin to get kicked out of games, random disconnects, check all of the DNF's since then. All disconnects. For the two years previous I was not having these issues with my old xbox. on 9.5, 3 days ago, no more DNF's. This is how I fixed the DNF problem.

In my router settings,
  1. I gave the xbox a unique assigned IP address.
  2. I turned off automatic UPNP
  3. I set up the xbox IP address as DMZ
  4. For good measure I hard reset before I play once a day.
I am wired, always been. The above worked for me. Good luck.

@snickerdoodle I posted the above in hope of helping everyone having issues playing H5. Not sure if there is a better location for it. Glad to write it up somewhere else if needed.
I believe most of the issues you describe are xbox hardware configuration issues. If you look at my game history, I play every day, pretty much since launch. On 8.15.18 I replaced my xbox. I begin to get kicked out of games, random disconnects, check all of the DNF's since then. All disconnects. For the two years previous I was not having these issues with my old xbox. on 9.5, 3 days ago, no more DNF's. This is how I fixed the DNF problem.

In my router settings,
  1. I gave the xbox a unique assigned IP address.
  2. I turned off automatic UPNP
  3. I set up the xbox IP address as DMZ
  4. For good measure I hard reset before I play once a day.
I am wired, always been. The above worked for me. Good luck.
Thanks for the pointers. Since the problem has been going on ive been switching between wired and a wireless and nothing is changing its getting really annoying because i know i dont suck and some of my deaths are mind boggling to me.
Two out of five games have players dropping out in Team Arena.
Feel free to log things like this in the pinned servers thread, there's a template in the first post that can be used