Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

Pls fix post-carnage screen freezing, 6+ months

OP skydogcom

When you back from post-carnage screen, there is more than 15% chance to freeze in next searching screen. This issue has been there for more than 6 months, wth 343 hasn’t fixed this stupid problem.
skydogcom wrote:
When you back from post-carnage screen, there is more than 15% chance to freeze in next searching screen. This issue has been there for more than 6 months, wth 343 hasn’t fixed this stupid problem.
IIRC from discussion during a social stream (but please feel free to correct me if this recollection is not right) this is in the same 'batch' of issues as the first game auto disconnect from searching, where a factory reset seems to fix the issue at least temporarily, which implies its a client-side caching problem: therefore very difficult to identify and fix
MorseyBaby wrote:
skydogcom wrote:
IIRC from discussion during a social stream (but please feel free to correct me if this recollection is not right) this is in the same 'batch' of issues as the first game auto disconnect from searching, where a factory reset seems to fix the issue at least temporarily, which implies its a client-side caching problem: therefore very difficult to identify and fix
Delete all game saves, delete MAC alternative address, remove game to external, no luck. Try reset later. 343 should detect the error logs, analyze and remove the cache caused the freezing automatically if these issues happened, not everyone has an external hdd to backup 1TB games. Some of my friends have the same, only Halo 5, other games ok. I call 343 lazy developer, gave up H5, all support resources to fix their devastated MCC.
MorseyBaby wrote:
skydogcom wrote:
Factory reset console and only one game Halo 5. It’s okey for about 25 matches, now freezing twice within last 15 games. So it’s definitely due to 343’s coding. They should fix this if they are not lazy. But I have no faith on them since MCC and no BTB maps.

And thanks for your advice.
skydogcom wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
skydogcom wrote:
Factory reset console and only one game Halo 5. It’s okey for about 25 matches, now freezing twice within last 15 games. So it’s definitely due to 343’s coding. They should fix this if they are not lazy. But I have no faith on them since MCC and no BTB maps.

And thanks for your advice.
Wish I could offer more, but at the end of the day i know these things are immensely complex (and immensely frustrating for players). Realistically a this stage in the game's lifecycle I'm fairly sanguine, but know that if such bugs haven't been deemed enough of an issue already they probably won't be prioritised for a fix.