OP MorseyBaby

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Been playing on Series X for about a month, have had no issues with this problem until yesterday. Now it’s almost every game I have to dashboard to be able to search again
Been playing on Series X for about a month, have had no issues with this problem until yesterday. Now it’s almost every game I have to dashboard to be able to search again
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?
MorseyBaby wrote:
I have not yet. But reading through some of the other posts here, that doesn’t seem to fix the issue
Yep, me too. On a series S, no less. Gonna try to delete my local data, not game, and get on with it.

disappointing that I haven’t played in two years to come back and find this is the current state of matchmaking. Here’s to hoping Infinite gets the love it deserves.
MorseyBaby wrote:
I have not yet. But reading through some of the other posts here, that doesn’t seem to fix the issue
It did for me temporarily
MorseyBaby wrote:
So, for the past few weeks, playing ony Xbox One X, 90% of the time when I complete a game, after the post-match screen I return to the menu to find myself stuck on the 'Deploying' screen from the previous match. The only fix is to dashboard, quit H5, and relaunch.

I've undertaken the following troubleshooting:
  • Confirmed it doesn't happen on my Halo 5 edition Xbox One (i.e. not a profile issue)
  • Also doesn't happen when playing in cloud via xCloud.
  • Tried console restart and hard reset (i.e. shouldn't be a caching issue)
  • Tried uninstall and reinstall (i.e. shouldn't be a gamefiles issue).
  • My console has received updates since it has started happening (as I'm in Xbox Insider Alpha Skip ahead), but it started randomly between updates and has continued afterwards.
Short of a factory reset I don't know what else to do.

Has anyone else encountered this and solved it? Annoyingly my One X is in my main gaming room so don't want to be playing on my other console just as a workaround
This issue has been happening to me the past couple weeks & I’m on an original Xbox One. It’s starting to happen more frequently, but earlier in the day it was happening significantly less. Going to do a full shutdown of my Xbox to see if that helps.
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
So I have tried this, but the problem still exists.

what I don’t understand is I have been plying halo 5 on my series x for about a month and this problem started a few days ago. Around the time the infinite flight started rolling out. And now I can play 1-2 games and have to dashboard to continue. Very frustrating
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

what I don’t understand is I have been plying halo 5 on my series x for about a month and this problem started a few days ago. Around the time the infinite flight started rolling out. And now I can play 1-2 games and have to dashboard to continue. Very frustrating
Yeah it started out just on One X for me but not on One or Series S but then it spread so it’s definitely a profile issue.

The trouble is it's a really tricky one for them to reproduce in house..until they do it’s harder to identify and fix
So I might see a trend, but I’m curious, who in this thread that’s having this issue has their Xbox in the preview program? The problem for me didn’t start until I joined it in the preview program and I have read other are in as well and having the same issues?

has someone had this issue with a Xbox that’s not in the preview program?
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

Yeah it started out just on One X for me but not on One or Series S but then it spread so it’s definitely a profile issue.

The trouble is it's a really tricky one for them to reproduce in house..until they do it’s harder to identify and fix
same here. some day I can do 10 matches, the other day every third game...
I opened a ticket, we will see.
So I might see a trend, but I’m curious, who in this thread that’s having this issue has their Xbox in the preview program? The problem for me didn’t start until I joined it in the preview program and I have read other are in as well and having the same issues?

maybe you are right. I joined the preview program a view weeks ago on the series x. before i had no problem, but I was with the one S also in the preview program and never had a problem with it
Snake339 wrote:

maybe you are right. I joined the preview program a view weeks ago on the series x. before i had no problem, but I was with the one S also in the preview program and never had a problem with it
Ok, hopefully this is the problem. I might remove my series x from the preview and see if that fixes the issue. I’ll update tomorrow after the infinite flight is done
Snake339 wrote:

Ok, hopefully this is the problem. I might remove my series x from the preview and see if that fixes the issue. I’ll update tomorrow after the infinite flight is done
My Series S was 100% not in the Insider builds and it happened there so don't think it's insider-build specific. Plus... the insider build it started happening on the One X is now general release. It's possible something in that update is the root given how much traction this post is getting recently
MorseyBaby wrote:
Snake339 wrote:

My Series S was 100% not in the Insider builds and it happened there so don't think it's insider-build specific. Plus... the insider build it started happening on the One X is now general release. It's possible something in that update is the root given how much traction this post is getting recently
Ok that’s good info to have. If your Xbox is not in the preview program and you’re having the same issues we are then it’s safe to say the preview program is not the cause. You might be right about the current update though, which there’s no solution to that right now
I have the same problem every 2 or 3 matches just stay on deploying, an this happen on my xbox one fat.

I reinstall the game and the the problem is the same.

Now i have the series S install halo again but the problem jus still happen
I think it came with a dashboard update, cause I played for about 3 to 4 weeks on the new series x without any problem. then suddenly it appeared.
I recently changed the energy saving Funktion to shut down. that didn't solve the problem.
MorseyBaby wrote:
Snake339 wrote:

Ok that’s good info to have. If your Xbox is not in the preview program and you’re having the same issues we are then it’s safe to say the preview program is not the cause. You might be right about the current update though, which there’s no solution to that right now
Yeah, it's such a minefield to try and work out.
Ok, so I took my series X out of preview beta and restored to the current public update that is out. I have not had the issue once since doing this. So I do believe it is a newer version in the preview that may be causing it. I will update if I experience the issue again. If you see nothing from me then I would say it’s safe to assume the problem was fixed for my experience
Ok, so I took my series X out of preview beta and restored to the current public update that is out. I have not had the issue once since doing this. So I do believe it is a newer version in the preview that may be causing it. I will update if I experience the issue again. If you see nothing from me then I would say it’s safe to assume the problem was fixed for my experience
If my experience matches yours... it will recur eventually, I'm afraid. We shall see though. Fingers crossed it won't
MorseyBaby wrote:
If my experience matches yours... it will recur eventually, I'm afraid. We shall see though. Fingers crossed it won't
Hopefully, now that I know I am tempted to join preview again just to report the problem. But I don’t think I will just yet
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5