Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

[Locked] Recent Server Lag

OP hidden klmm

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I have noticed that I am starting to get games where everyone is lagging together with the first noticed occurrence happening yesterday. I know it isn't my ISP and I have messaged other players in the game to confirm they were lagging as well.

Do the servers require maintenance?
There was a service alert on Xbox Live yesterday for a few hours, multiple games were affected during this
I've noticed that too, it's been happening to my friends and I. Our whole lobby just rubber bands around, and it's super annoying.
I've noticed that too, it's been happening to my friends and I. Our whole lobby just rubber bands around, and it's super annoying.
Yeah my friend and I gave up after a couple of matches and switched to apex
stckrboy wrote:
There was a service alert on Xbox Live yesterday for a few hours, multiple games were affected during this
I see it is still up but it highlights party chat disconnections as the affected service. I haven't seen this lag on PUBG or Blops 4 either...only select games in H5 matchmaking.

Just played a WZA game that was almost comical.
Noticed it the other day, still on-going issue sadly. It's making the game frustrating.
I've noticed it, too. I was about to make a post asking if anyone else had noticed it as well before I found this thread. I've got a good connection so I figured that couldn't be it, but I do know that Xbox Live has been having issues for the last few days. I hope they can get it fixed soon.
So 3 days straight, why is this still an issue?, it's making the game at times feel unplayable.
Is it acceptable that we pay for a service where it lags for three days straight?
Is it acceptable that we pay for a service where it lags for three days straight?
Yeh this is getting ridiculous, the lag and rubber-banding connection makes it impossible at times to know where I am or where I'm currently standing since it ends up feeling like guess work due to the random teleporting.

The weird part is Xbox support seems to believe they know what is causing the issue, it's been nearly a day since I lasted checked, I still see nothing has been fixed and no eta for when there due to fix the issue that's making the game mostly frustrating, at times unplayable in it's current state.
I'm running a parkour tournament today and this lag is still infecting everyone.
I have had severe server lag for two days. Rubber banding in almost every match. It’s and if it continues I’m not sure that I can keep playing.
Unacceptable lag, every other lobby I join is ridiculous as if everyone has 900 ping.
Yeh been checking often, had to take a break but it does look like nothing is improving with the servers at the moment.
I thought was my internet
Caught this tweet from Josh Menke - 343 are aware and looking into it, for the moment they don't think it's their side
https://twitter.com/joshua_menke/status/1106980222102962176
Quote:
No, not related to the update, but an issue we've been hearing about the past few days. Nothing has changed on our side, but it may be a transient data center issue. We're looking into it. If you link some bad match examples from your halowaypoint match history, I can look.
Just updating from N America that all these lag issues are still near-constant throughout Warzone matches.
I’m also having high input lag lately. I try and shoot and my gun doesn’t. I try and clamber and I can’t. I try and track player’s movement but they rubber band around. The game is so bad for me lately, it’s hard to even play. If I actually aim at the opposing players my shots do not register. I have to predict the other players movement and shoot where I think they will be just to hit them. I have a hard time picking up weapons and equipment. This is horrible. I dedicate most of my playing to this game because I like the competition, but it’s hard to compete when the game is constantly behind your inputs. I don’t get it. MCC doesbt play this way. What has happened to H5? It used to play much smoother. So frustrating.
So 4 days straight server issue's, now today......can't find a single game. It's like the servers got worse because modes like WZ are claiming the WZ double event playlist has no population...

What's more strange is Xbox Live support reported on their service status page "We believe we've identified the issue" and yet that was 3 days ago since they updated their Xbox Live service status, nothing has changed or been updated to let people know.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3