[Locked] Region-Specific Matchmaking Adjustment Test

OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
During the hours of 9-11 AM PDT on Thursday, December 10, we will be rolling out a series of temporary adjustments to test improvements for region-specific matchmaking for regions listed in this thread. If you are able, please join us in searching Halo 5 matchmaking during this time, and let us know about your experience, if you see improvements, etc.

We look forward to hearing your feedback!

12.22.15 Update
We’re currently in the process of analyzing a great deal of collected data as well as feedback from you in order to assess the impact of the changes that were tested earlier this month. If we’re able to confirm that the impact was positive across the board for all regions, we will make the change permanent, and if it turns out that it didn’t quite have the impact we were hoping, we’ll dig deeper into the data to determine how we can improve further. Please stay tuned to this thread for additional information and updates.

Please continue to share any additional reports in this thread so we may continue to track your experience.

12.11.15 Update
Based on initial positive results from these tests, we are asking you to provide:
- Gamertag
- Region
- Quality of match feedback along with links to specific matches from your Game History on Halo Waypoint or on HaloTracker
If you do not wish to provide this information publicly, please feel free to send this information to us in a private message.

12.10.15 Update
Based on initial positive results from this morning’s test, we’ll be running additional tests from 3-5 PM PT. Please continue to provide feedback on your experience!
Hi,

Does this include Arena matchmaking or Warzone only?

Thanks,

Spec
Finally !!!! I hope the update works for warzone AND arena
I hope this also fix the european problem.
Hi Forum Team!
I'm from New Zealand and have been having trouble since the last patch trying to find ANY Warzone Assault games. Will this test get Assault working again?
It will be running from 6AM-8AM NZDT on Friday morning so if there is a chance that Assault will work, I will happily get up early and help you guys test it! :)
I am also from New Zealand. I have spent the last 45 minutes unable to play any games on any playlist.

I'll gladly get up early if this aggravating problem can finally be remedied
Are you testing around removing the region lock? Altering it to allow for non region matches given a long period of searching/low population in the player's region or simply improving times on current region locked matchmaking game finding times?
Are you testing around removing the region lock? Altering it to allow for non region matches given a long period of searching/low population in the player's region or simply improving times on current region locked matchmaking game finding times?
No this is to do with being connected to servers so far away our eyes could bleed with the latency lol, I for one will be testing it i suspect with the time its being held this test will be for the EU the next one will be AUS i guess their are more than enough people in each region for matches really.
It's at midnight and everyone is sleeping. I don't think this test works well. Please change testing time everyone can be participate.
Bob YAMADA wrote:
It's at midnight and everyone is sleeping. I don't think this test works well. Please change testing time everyone can be participate.
Amazing news and thank you but wouldn't it be better to test at a time(s) that would effect all regions listed?
Would like to know if this includes EU, and is also for Arena.

If it is, would be great news and will definitely return to matchmaking. Probably the most important update 343 will implement in my opinion, would really prove that 343 care about the non-US players!
No wonder I have 25% hit ratio one match and the next game 40% when I end up playing against US players. And the other team have 40-50% hit ratio when we loose. Last night between 20-21.00 CET was almost unplayable for me, no problem with my connection. I just couldnt aim, my hits dont register.
I feel your pain...fingers crossed!
Yeah this really is make or break for a large section of the population, and I think would restore faith in the franchise and the devs for those frustrated by these issues. Word of mouth will soon boost the population back up.

I have my fingers crossed for 343, and all the EU/Asian/Oceanian and African players out there.
Hi 343 Industries, I'm Japanese competitive halo player.

After getting Onyx rank, I can hardly find any matches in Arena now. Warzone is the only playlist I can play now.

Japanese have the same Trouble (plz check out this → ttps://twitter.com/zephyritself/status/661938911183110144). and also Asian players .

Aslo the test hours 2am to 4am here in Japan is too late. but I wish strongly to be improved.

Japanese and other Asian players have the same problems. I don't care about lag issue due to connecting other servers I just want to play the game

Halo5 is Awesome game. Thank you for reading.
I thought better and you will not have my feedback.

earlier this forum were all in ready to talk , and do all the tests that were necessary .

but you guys of 343 or even a weekly response gave us.

Now after more than a month is finding that cast a temporary patch and been fine.

not underestimate my intelligence please .

just tell me what is working , I am not a beta tester of this that halo has become.

if possible 343 look my particular profile , and return my money erase this game from my account .
Good job 343!

After all this time and receiving feedback for a "BETA" you supposedly had earlier this year, promising regional servers (but cut it before game release), you are NOW "testing" region specific servers!?

Oh, so you've finally realised there's a problem?

Having daily or weekly meetings and discussions in house about the global issues with players either unable to play or generally having connections problems due to high instances of LATENCY in what is meant to be a "competitive multiplayer"; but how can someone with 200-300ms ping compete with someone who only has 20-50ms ping!? Truthfully, they can't. Not unless that player with low ping has low skill compared to the person who has high ping but a higher skill level.

How you've taken on a massive title such as Halo and not allowed there to be "REGION SPECIFIC SERVER LISTINGS" from the get go, yet a new product created by a small & new company in Respawn are able to do such a thing for Titanfall is astonishing. THAT is customer care, that is creating a competitive platform for the gamers. What you have done 343 is alienate everyone outside of the US of A. How's that population count going?

Absolutely and unbelievably incompetent. Regional servers are a must have, welcome to eSports 343!! GET A GRIP!
Berra wrote:
No wonder I have 25% hit ratio one match and the next game 40% when I end up playing against US players. And the other team have 40-50% hit ratio when we loose. Last night between 20-21.00 CET was almost unplayable for me, no problem with my connection. I just couldnt aim, my hits dont register.
This is not what they are truing to fix from what I understand from the OP.

What you are talking about is the latency we get when international players are matched on US servers all the time. That´s what we are arguing that 343 need to do something about in this thread:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/dedicated-servers-eu/a65cf801-460d-49f5-abcc-4b172f736b3a/posts
Quote:
During the hours of 9-11 AM PDT on Thursday, December 10, we will be rolling out a series of temporary adjustments to test improvements for region-specific matchmaking for regions listed in this thread. If you are able, please join us in searching Halo 5 matchmaking during this time, and let us know about your experience, if you see improvements, etc.

We´ve been giving you feedback for along time now (see link at bottom of post) and you (343) have been absolutely silent on the matter so don´t give us the "we look forward to hearing your feedback bs please".

You have to do something about regional server options in matchmaking. That would solve the issue for all. Those who are willing to spend more time searching for a match with good ping can chose that, and those who want to find a game quickly can do that. Make it an option in the matchmaking system. I understand that the players in the other thread you are pointing to may be having some other kind of technical issue. But I would say the issues are at least co-related.

Please check and respond 343, the survival of your game is hanging by a thread, so proceed wisely: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/dedicated-servers-eu/a65cf801-460d-49f5-abcc-4b172f736b3a/posts
Quote:

9-11 PDT? So 4pm to 6pm here in the UK, meaning barely anybody in the UK will benefit from this.
Good job 343!

After all this time and receiving feedback for a "BETA" you supposedly had earlier this year, promising regional servers (but cut it before game release), you are NOW "testing" region specific servers!?

Oh, so you've finally realised there's a problem?

Having daily or weekly meetings and discussions in house about the global issues with players either unable to play or generally having connections problems due to high instances of LATENCY in what is meant to be a "competitive multiplayer"; but how can someone with 200-300ms ping compete with someone who only has 20-50ms ping!? Truthfully, they can't. Not unless that player with low ping has low skill compared to the person who has high ping but a higher skill level.

How you've taken on a massive title such as Halo and not allowed there to be "REGION SPECIFIC SERVER LISTINGS" from the get go, yet a new product created by a small & new company in Respawn are able to do such a thing for Titanfall is astonishing. THAT is customer care, that is creating a competitive platform for the gamers. What you have done 343 is alienate everyone outside of the US of A. How's that population count going?

Absolutely and unbelievably incompetent. Regional servers are a must have, welcome to eSports 343!! GET A GRIP!

343. We do not want a patch. PLEASE TAKE A NOTE FROM TITANFALL AND GIVE US WHAT YOU ADVERTISED, REGIONAL SERVER SELECTION.

I have 300 ping when I am forced to play on US servers against players with 24 ping. It's game breaking.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13