OP lgndofhalo3

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
DrEZdoesIT wrote:
I have a series x and play halo 5 frequently. I haven’t noticed any stuttering. I don’t stream at all though. Gameplay has been buttery smooth.
I also have the Series X and it runs great on it, even though there isn’t any enhancements for the Series X/S. So can also confirm.

To Original Post- Maybe it’s where you installed the game, funny as it sounds. I’m assuming you installed it into your internal storage. Which if you didn’t, than that’s your problem right there. It’s also not really enhanced for Series X/S....Which is most likely the reason you are getting the problems.
(Also I’m sure other people have mentioned these things as well)
DrEZdoesIT wrote:
I have a series x and play halo 5 frequently. I haven’t noticed any stuttering. I don’t stream at all though. Gameplay has been buttery smooth.
I also have the Series X and it runs great on it, even though there isn’t any enhancements for the Series X/S. So can also confirm.

To Original Post- Maybe it’s where you installed the game, funny as it sounds. I’m assuming you installed it into your internal storage. Which if you didn’t, than that’s your problem right there. It’s also not really enhanced for Series X/S....Which is most likely the reason you are getting the problems.
(Also I’m sure other people have mentioned these things as well)
This doesn't make any sense. As you said, the game is not enhanced for Series X/S. This means that the storage location is irrelevant. Only Enhanced for Series X/S games need to be on internal storage.
Has anyone tried playing the game from external storage yet? Curious to see if this resolves the issue as this all seems to be related to Quick Resume...
I’m having a server problem with my series X with Halo 5. I’m only getting 3 out of 4 servers, but when I connect my Xbox one x, not a problem at all. Now my series runs smooth & fast with the Master chief collection.
I also have issues connecting to dedicated servers. Seems like some kind of issue with the new "Quick Resume" feature. I typically have to quit the Halo 5 build or hard restart my Series X to resolve the issue.
Yea I totally reset my Xbox Series X... I’m afraid to download the Halo collection again, because that’s when it start giving me problems. And I play guardians more so I’ll just stick with guardians.
Tested out the game on an External USB this weekend and there was no noticeable change in terms of random frame skips and lag. Hopefully this is addressed soon but I am not expecting any kind of response at this point.
Really hoping they patch the Series X issues, the frame rate stutters and tearing make the game run worse than the One X version.
Shystie wrote:
Really hoping they patch the Series X issues, the frame rate stutters and tearing make the game run worse than the One X version.
Unfortunately not. There isn't even a way to state any issues directly to 343i and I highly doubt any of them are going through the countless threads on halowaypoint to improve a 5 year old game, that had struggles from the beginning. What bugs me the most, is the fact that the Series S runs the old one version of H5 with bad and fuzzy textures, crappy antialiasing, bad draw distances, a foggy screen and worse texture popping than one x and series x on "1080p". But to get back to the topic: there might be a possible chance that the stuttering is caused by other players with bad internet connection for whatever reason. The game tends to stutter when players leave a match, noticeable in warzone and arena.
Ever since I upgraded from my 2013 Xbox One to the Series X, Halo 5 has been an up and down experience. On the one hand, heavy aim is reduced greatly and the resolution increase is great.

However, there are a lot of optimization issues that I and many people are experiencing. The common factor being the Series X (possibly S as well, but that has a smaller and unknown sample size).

The primary problem is this strange stuttering issue. My connection is wired, and it doesn’t matter what server I’m on, my game will get these strange stutters, and the only way to alleviate them is to restart my xbox. I know it’s not a connection issue because my health bar will move flawlessly, even when thr stuttering occurs. This indicates that it’s not a server issue, but a hardware issue with my xbox. From what I understand, every pro streamer with a Series X has run into this stuttering issue, so it’s not a faulty xbox. There’s something wrong with stuttering on Halo 5 on this new xbox and I won’t pretend to know what it is. For more information, I’ve tried turning on/off freesync, vrr, 4k, 60hz, 120hz, pretty much every single video setting on my xbox hasn’t changed the stutter.

Another thing that I’ve heard people discussing is the server issues recently. These are to be expected since Microsoft’s servers are being taxed pretty hard. But what I’ve heard, (and experienced) is weird disconnects with people who have Series X’s. At this point it’s too early to say if it’s a hardware issue or just a server issue, but it should definitely be watched.

343, I don’t know if any of you read these forums, and I know you all moved on from H5, but if you all could fix this stuttering issue, it would be huge. Somebody programmed H5 to work on the new consoles via backwards compatability, which means that person can hopefully be given the opportunity to fix it. One more update and you guys can let H5 rot and work on Infinite.

Thank you for reading this and I hope you find the time to fix these performance issues.
i've heard wonderful things from people who play H5 on the series X. Pros have said theres no more heavy aim, screen freezes, lagging, and servers feel a lot better than on other xboxs.
Hi everyone I had the same problem and I managed to fix it by disabling 24 Hz and 50 Hz in my video settings.

WARNING: I have my xbox in Spanish, I'm translating the settings and menus myself so maybe some things will have a slightly different name
Just go to the settings ->TV and display options -> advanced options

And make sure allow 50 Hz and 24 Hz are disabled, they are allowed by default.

PS: Don't ask me why, it doesn't make any sense to me but I thought it would be worth the shot and it worked. Why wouldn't halo 5 output at 60Hz (my TV doesn't support 120) I don't know., but it did remove the stuttering

<snip>
Can you please try this and add it to OP if it also works for you?
ChaosRave wrote:
Shystie wrote:
Unfortunately not. There isn't even a way to state any issues directly to 343i and I highly doubt any of them are going through the countless threads on halowaypoint to improve a 5 year old game, that had struggles from the beginning. What bugs me the most, is the fact that the Series S runs the old one version of H5 with bad and fuzzy textures, crappy antialiasing, bad draw distances, a foggy screen and worse texture popping than one x and series x on "1080p". But to get back to the topic: there might be a possible chance that the stuttering is caused by other players with bad internet connection for whatever reason. The game tends to stutter when players leave a match, noticeable in warzone and arena.
The stutter is not the same network stutter you see when someone leaves the game. I can confirm this. It feels like frame stutter you would feel if your gaming PC is struggling to render frames.
Try taking your console to the store and see if they can change your xbox. Greetings :)
Multiple past gen games are having very similar issues on the Series X, Gears 5 was one of them until they patched it about a week ago seen here - https://youtu.be/YvJ3lsFBkcw?t=216

MS Can't exactly go around advertising 'your old games work best on SX' and then not bother to patch flagships like H5 when they perform worse.
Ever since I upgraded from my 2013 Xbox One to the Series X, Halo 5 has been an up and down experience. On the one hand, heavy aim is reduced greatly and the resolution increase is great.

However, there are a lot of optimization issues that I and many people are experiencing. The common factor being the Series X (possibly S as well, but that has a smaller and unknown sample size).

The primary problem is this strange stuttering issue. My connection is wired, and it doesn’t matter what server I’m on, my game will get these strange stutters, and the only way to alleviate them is to restart my xbox. I know it’s not a connection issue because my health bar will move flawlessly, even when thr stuttering occurs. This indicates that it’s not a server issue, but a hardware issue with my xbox. From what I understand, every pro streamer with a Series X has run into this stuttering issue, so it’s not a faulty xbox. There’s something wrong with stuttering on Halo 5 on this new xbox and I won’t pretend to know what it is. For more information, I’ve tried turning on/off freesync, vrr, 4k, 60hz, 120hz, pretty much every single video setting on my xbox hasn’t changed the stutter.

Another thing that I’ve heard people discussing is the server issues recently. These are to be expected since Microsoft’s servers are being taxed pretty hard. But what I’ve heard, (and experienced) is weird disconnects with people who have Series X’s. At this point it’s too early to say if it’s a hardware issue or just a server issue, but it should definitely be watched.

343, I don’t know if any of you read these forums, and I know you all moved on from H5, but if you all could fix this stuttering issue, it would be huge. Somebody programmed H5 to work on the new consoles via backwards compatability, which means that person can hopefully be given the opportunity to fix it. One more update and you guys can let H5 rot and work on Infinite.

Thank you for reading this and I hope you find the time to fix these performance issues.
I think it is server lag. It has been going on for two weeks or so. Last night it was unbearable but this morning it seems to be better. I don’t think it is an issue with the series x. Because it didn’t stutter like this a month ago.
I recently got halo 5 for my Series X and I have noticed that the enemy animations run at a lower fps than the rest of the game. Don't know if this is the case for anybody else or if this is an issue of not receiving an update for optimization but I find it kind of annoying. This is happening in the campaign.
I recently got halo 5 for my Series X and I have noticed that the enemy animations run at a lower fps than the rest of the game. Don't know if this is the case for anybody else or if this is an issue of not receiving an update for optimization but I find it kind of annoying. This is happening in the campaign.
It's normal. Due to the weak specs of the old Xone, 343i used every trick to maintain a stable 60fps experience like cutting out splitscreen, dynamic resultion and enemy/spartan animations running at roughly 30fps when they're farther away, noticable in firefight. So my guess is that the campaign uses that "technique" more often, because of old hardware of the Xone. That should be obsolete now with the series consoles, but 343i doesn't want to release a next gen update.
I mean Halo is a pretty small and not well known game at all, why should they even bother, right?.. smh
R D0UBLE wrote:

I think it is server lag. It has been going on for two weeks or so. Last night it was unbearable but this morning it seems to be better. I don’t think it is an issue with the series x. Because it didn’t stutter like this a month ago.
Definitely series x related. I play Halo 5 a lot like everyday a lot and it would randomly kick series x players because I have friends that experience it too and laggy stuttering thats not related to servers. This game definitely has issues on the Series consoles and it sucks that it's just getting ignored. Sometimes the game is unplayable unless I quit my quick resume game and halo 5 and reboot the console its really annoying.
Sometimes it feels like the game is almost running at 30 fps because it gets bad its like heavy aim seldom gets 2x as bad. I really hope 343 addresses the issues with Halo 5 because it's definitely going to reduce an already small population.
I too am experiencing the stuttering issue. More specifically, this stuttering very much looks like a frame rate dip that I see in pc games with unlocked frame rates. Certain scenes require more gpu power and the frame time spikes when these scenes happen.

Here is what I have found thus far. The stuttering issue shows up on my 1080p benq which is 240 hz, but not my 4k LG OLED which is 120 hz. I haven't tried this a lot, but I pretty much see it every single game in Halo 5 in the benq, but haven't noticed it once on the LG
Can we at least have this issue acknowledged by someone at 343? It shouldn't be difficult to patch at all..

I have experienced some issues as well on my series x, sometimes it feels like when I respawn there's some delay before I can start to move, my hits don't seem to connect, a few minutes ago I literally shot a gun goose coming straight to me with a rocket and didn't even break the dudes shields, it all seems to be centered around connection but I game wired with a 200 down 20 up and my connection is always fine
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4