Series X Halo 5 Performs Poorly

OP lgndofhalo3

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Well in some way I'm glad to see other people are having issues, but a little disappointed as well. Figured I'd come add mine in hopes that it is addressed. I am experiencing bad stuttering while playing H5 multiplayer. My xbox and monitor are set for 120 Hz and VRR, not sure if either or both are the culprit. I see others have had success fixing the issue by hard setting their monitor and xbox to 60 Hz, I havn't tried this and for me I'll play something else (and have been) before doing this manually every time I want to play a game. The other issue I commonly have is the first game I play with friends I am disconnecting prior to the game starting and they get locked into a ranked game without me. Not sure if this is in relation to quick resume or just odd coincidence.

Really hoping this gets fixed in the future, H5 is one of the best multiplayer experiences out and I hate that it is miserable on the series X.

Update 1: Tried just setting the xbox to 60 Hz today and the game freaked out and wouldn't let me even get to the menu screen. Was annoyed so didn't try messing with monitor settings and VRR.
Saves are broken on Halo 5 and my Xbox Series X.

VERY FRUSTRATING to have to go over the same ground time and time again. SAVES DONT SAVE. WTF?!?!?
Try unplugging power cord. Might have to do so everyday to connect quickly. Try getting a cat 6 Ethernet cord or an upgraded gaming router. Using a cat8 wired to router. Cat 7 for pc cat 6 for Xbox one x. The cat 5e on the console did stutter and lag. The older console works great on WiFi. Recommend higher cat Ethernet cable. Current setup is an 24” ips 144hz monitor but is operating better on 60hz. Auto HDR if available works great. Wired razer Controller wired razed headset.
Try unplugging power cord. Might have to do so everyday to connect quickly. Try getting a cat 6 Ethernet cord or an upgraded gaming router. Using a cat8 wired to router. Cat 7 for pc cat 6 for Xbox one x. The cat 5e on the console did stutter and lag. The older console works great on WiFi. Recommend higher cat Ethernet cable. Current setup is an 24” ips 144hz monitor but is operating better on 60hz. Auto HDR if available works great. Wired razer Controller wired razed headset.
Yea i actually do reset my console often and unplug seems to help, i run cat 6 from router to xbox but not modem to router i might switch that out and see if that helps even more but honestly i have almost completely resolved my issues and can play H5 happily now.
Orland0h wrote:
Update on the worst issues you can possibly experience on the series x. Random stoppage of the game. Just completely. I can't even explain how this works but it literally pauses and kicks you from the game. Like an error in programming causing a hangup and the exception doesn't catch properly. This is ridiculous.
This is what I experience, random lost connections and then I get booted from a game in progress and then a split second later I am connected again. Never happened on Xbox one. I keep changing the ports through advanced settings as that has seemed to work for some. Interestingly, this seems to happen most frequently within the first hour after turning on the xbox and playing the game. Halo 5 is the only game I play so I can’t say if this happens on other games.
you wana know why cause i got proof on face book yall, dont take care of your program and, not only that you, don't fix what needs done so yeah im calling you out shame on you, and certain members i got integrity and honor what do you all have lies and abominations, thats your fault for making a game with out fixing the program, its your fault not telling the creators of a game there are problems, its your fault for not speaking up when people record have evidence to show whats wrong.
I've noticed the stutter is very prevalent on Fathom especially at the doorways of the bases. Can confirm this issue happens with or without my capture card being in the setup and these stutters are making it to my monitor so it's definitely not caused by my Elgato. Also I have confirmed my Xbox is not trying to use VRR as I have locked it to 60hz in the video settings using Manual mode rather than HDMI Auto Detect. HDR and everything is also disabled as my monitor/elgato do not support them and the options are greyed out in the video settings.

Here is a decent clip of the issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ms7cJdaAIfX3i6C2VNuTk298kEEpXlxj/view?usp=sharing

Stutter happens the most at the beginning and end of the video. The end is a very good example of how this kind of issue can completely ruin gameplay as the game randomly stuttering during gunfights is a massive issue. Really upsetting as the game feels SO GOOD on the Series X but this one issue may cause me to sell and just go back to the One X until Infinite :(
Thanks for posting a video. This is the exact same thing I am seeing when I play Halo 5 on my Xbox Series X.

Setup:

Xbox Series X
HDMI
Xbox set to 1440P output at 120HZ
Wired
same issues Im getting. I also have the exact same setup as above.
Ok, so I've been playing Halo 5 on a 4K 60hz 32' monitor on my Series X since the launch of Series X and never had a single issue, today I bought a 1440p 170hz 27' monitor, I plugged my Series X on this new monitor and Halo 5 now says that it is being played at 120 fps, which is impossible because the game didn't got any update for Series S/X and it is not on FPS Boost programe but whatever, the problem is that now, on this new monitor the game stutters a lot! It never happened on my 4K 60hz 32' monitor...

Anyone know why this is happening? Tomorrow I'll try it again on my 4K monitor to see if it is the servers or something but I don't think it is...
Just to give an heads up, I returned the 1440p monitor and got another 1440p monitor.

Still stuttering, doesn't happen on my 4k 60fps tv.

But I tried something different today, I put my Series X on 1080p and tried Halo 5 with that resolution on my 1440p and... No stuttering with 1080p resolution.

So, the problem is not the monitors, the problem is the 1440p resolution than basically f*cks the game because he doesn't support it natively. Happens the same on Far Cry 5 though, it doesn't happen in Modern Warfare, just talking about games not enhanced to Series S/X, because all the games enhanced work just fine on 1440p
I just got my x series and I have noticed major lag playing halo. I know it's not my connection or tv. When I switch back to my Xbox one. Halo runs just fine.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4