Skip to main content
So since getting the Xbox Series X, I haven't been able to stay in matches with my friends in Halo 5's matchmaking. It would always say "unable to join" then I'm seperated from them. I have open nats and services are running fine but I can't seem to stay in a matchmaking session with them. Is anyone else with a Series X/S experiencing this bizzare anomaly?
Ken Static wrote:
So since getting the Xbox Series X, I haven't been able to stay in matches with my friends in Halo 5's matchmaking. It would always say "unable to join" then I'm seperated from them. I have open nats and services are running fine but I can't seem to stay in a matchmaking session with them. Is anyone else with a Series X/S experiencing this bizzare anomaly?
I have a Series X and have not come across any issues with the game whatsoever. Works exactly how my One X did but just faster.

Tried resetting your network settings on your console alongside a hard reset?
Ken Static wrote:
Same issue
Ya I'm having the same problem it's frustrating as heck cause it's sooooooo hard to get a game and now usually when I do for some reason I'm only playing with EU kids and I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico (southwest usa) so u can imagine my connection to that server so it hasn't been kind at all to my k/d I just got my lowest placement ever since I started playing this game after ten games I was ranked a plat 5 and that has never happened the lowest before this I was seeded was a diamond 1. Don't get me started how it is once I am in a game either literally has to shoot a guy who was 1 shot in the head 5 times! NO JOKE!!!! Getting a perfect it's next to impossible now as well cause I have to shoot kids 8 to 12 times for them to die now it's unbelievable I thought gaming on the new series x while playing Halo 5 would have been such an amazing experience with better graphics and -Yoink- reg. But nope it's the complete opposite so Im not playing H5 sadly right now anymore even though I want to sooooooo bad
TheDonCJG wrote:
Ken Static wrote:
I have a Series X and have not come across any issues with the game whatsoever. Works exactly how my One X did but just faster.

Tried resetting your network settings on your console alongside a hard reset?
I tried all of this even a hard reset of my console and network still nothing I even opened up the ports to see if that would help a little and nope nothing
I have the same issues. When I first launch the game and try to join a public match I get kicked with "unable to connect to server" and "unable to join". Then every game after seems to work fine till the game freezes and crashes after 4-5 hours of playing (only game that does this). The only thing I found that kind of works is to go-to custom games browser and join a game. Let it error out, and join another. Then once it loads, you can quit and play social/rank/warzone without getting kicked.

I think it's an issue with quick resume. I have the game installed on my internal, fresh install. I may try moving it to my external storage and see what happens.
Halo 5 is borderline broken on Xbox Series X and S consoles and 343 refuse to acknowledge it, here's another thread with several pages about it. I've tried reaching out to devs on Twitter with no luck.

The population for this game is already so little and these issues are just making it drop by the day, the game really needs to get enhanced and optimized.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/series-x-halo-5-performs-poorly/c191f8be-a87e-4d4a-b3dc-1085be7121a8/posts