2. ...
  3. 100
  4. 101
  5. 102
  6. 103
  7. 104
  8. ...
  9. 126
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/halo-5-multiple-lag-issue/9ea0f822-5c55-4f44-b235-e9246fc3b4b5/posts?page=68

Add 68 pages of a locked thread to this thread. A repeat thanks to someone...B.L.
Incredibly infuriating

Gave Halo 5 another chance again after years and I'm still getting the exact same lag issues as before since launch. I play other Multiplayer games on PC and even the same Xbox One and I never get such issues.

Extreme rubber banding, disconnects from games, other people teleporting and me instantly dying.

It's like... why did I even bother buying this pile of hot garbage.
Cannot get into any games on any play lists, just keeps saying that there was an issue with the Halo 5 Gaurdians servers.
FlashyDIRK wrote:
Cannot get into any games on any play lists, just keeps saying that there was an issue with the Halo 5 Gaurdians servers.
also having this problem.
V40K5161 wrote:
FlashyDIRK wrote:
also having this problem.
Also cannot play online
Multiplayer has not worked for me for the past two hours.
I had a TON of connectivity (and "dedicated server" + 2/4 steps in progress) problems today both on my main and my Alt accounts.

Please rectify these server problems immediately 343.

Main GT: NihilusMask44
Alt GT: L0RD NIXILIUS

The times/dates of occurrence of all of these server issues which I experienced: approximately 14:00 hours until 17:35 hours CST, TODAY (June 17th 2018).
Instance Report
  • Gamertag - Fariko Ocelot
  • Description of your issue- Lag/Latency/Hit detection it seems every Ranked/ or social playlist server has high latency. This occurs almost every game. This has been going since True Skills 2.0 Was released to the general public( not saying related just a time since i started noticing it). I,ve had my isp out about 6 times in the last month and they seem to think its on your end, Its like im playing with people from the uk. Latency is definitely above average in almost all areas of H5, When i can put an entire clip into an enemy less than 5 meters away something is wrong, also cant get a specific date, but also have had issues when someones sheilds are down and again i shoot 6 to 12 times nothing, it was such an easy task to 5 someone, then it became that i was always trading kills but now it has gotten worse.like i said deffintely Latency,Hit detection. Lag etc
    • Time & Date the issue occurred (if available)- Almost every game
    • Playlist Name -Ranked / Social / Warzone
    • Are you experiencing delayed grenades, shot registration, etc? Please describe.- Lag/ Latency issues, shot registration
    • Are you experiencing disconnects?- Yes during mostly ranked playlist
    • Are you “teleporting” around, or seeing other players warp from place to place?- Players standing still then vanish, then i die from know ware.
  • Match Link (Waypoint,
  • i do have game footage but at this time i would have to go through about 60 Hrs of gameplay to find everything
  • Network Information
  • Country/Region- USA- North east Ohio
  • Your ISP- Spectrum
  • Bandwidth speeds (12/140)
  • Make / Model of your router-Arris/Motorola SBG6782-AC
  • Firmware version of your router-SBG6X82-8.6.0.0-GA-08-046-NOSH
Any additional information you can provide about your set up / connection would also be of great help- Am playing on a hard wired network connection, All hard wired connections are new and are less than one year old, all cat 6,
Instance Report
  • GT - See Forum User Name
  • Description of your issue
    • Every night after 7pm AST
    • Team Arena, FFA, Slayer
    • Shots not REGISTERING!!!! but I mean, NOT REGISTERING!, people teleport here and therE
    • Are you experiencing disconnects? - Warzone Assault freezes out after backing up at the end of the game (From stats board)
    • **** I cannot stress enough the damn freaking shots dont register!!!!!
    • SHOTS DONT REGISTER!!! SHOTS DON'T REGISTER!!!! GAME IS BECOMING A PITA TO PLAY...
  • Network Information
  • Country/Region - Puerto Rico
  • Your ISP - LibertyPR
  • Bandwidth speeds (Up / Down) - 12/100
  • Make / Model of your router - TG2492
  • Firmware version of your router - Dont know
I’ve not been able to play online or even access my armoury and I’ve ven tried uninstalling an reinstalling and it keeps saying unable to retrieve data even though it is internal In my Xbox so ..what do I do
TrUoK wrote:
I work as an IT professional and understand networking quite well. Heres a quick run down of what I've noticed. I have access to a netduma router which allows me to see location of the servers. I am located in northern utah. My nearest server is southern california. Its by far the worst server in the U.S. Not sure whats wrong with it but my ping testing has the lowest and highest returns with Cali. The normal ping is about 30 for me which would be great, but during the game it spikes drastically, from 30-90. Makes most games very difficult to play so I personally block that server because it is consistently erratic. The one is texas is best for me. Pinging around 55-65 but very stable, almost no spikes. Ping is a bit high but the games atleast consistent but if your opponent is closer to the server than you expect a tough match. As i get further to the east coast the ping is higher and they seem to be stable, but the ping is too high the be competitive against anyone living on the east coast.

Summary, anyone gaming on the west coast has essentially 1 server and its definitely not functioning properly so west coast gamers probably aren't having much fun. East coast is probably ok but cant say specifically because I haven't been out there. Any of us in the west and north west are basically s.o.l. One of many reasons why I don't play Halo much anymore. Not sure 343 knows or cares but yeah if you are having issues with lag on halo 5, and you live west of colorado, you aren't crazy, and also theres nothing you can do to change it.
I’ve played on both West and Aast coasts. I have also gone too two tournaments and can tell you this is exactly what ruined Halo 5 for competitive players. The advantage you get from ping is readiculous and the lag affects shot registration, magnatism, and damage. The diference is night and day when you play at tournaments game is so much fun and balanced. I can handle losing because the other team had better players or better teamwork. It makes the game fun and makes you go back to the drawing board to get better. Losing because you are playing the game with a huge disadvantage on ping is why people don’t play this game. It’s the reason halo is dead and the population is down (they won’t share the population numbers with us either). More so the reason halo is dead is 343’s total lack of response it would literally be better if they just said hey we dropped the ball it can’t be fixed but we can use your help and feedback to make sure halo 6 is better. I know I could at least conceive my old teammates and friends to comeback to halo if 343 atleast acknowledges these issues.
Heavy aim. Blanks shots. Every game.
TrUoK wrote:
I work as an IT professional and understand networking quite well. Heres a quick run down of what I've noticed. I have access to a netduma router which allows me to see location of the servers. I am located in northern utah. My nearest server is southern california. Its by far the worst server in the U.S. Not sure whats wrong with it but my ping testing has the lowest and highest returns with Cali. The normal ping is about 30 for me which would be great, but during the game it spikes drastically, from 30-90. Makes most games very difficult to play so I personally block that server because it is consistently erratic. The one is texas is best for me. Pinging around 55-65 but very stable, almost no spikes. Ping is a bit high but the games atleast consistent but if your opponent is closer to the server than you expect a tough match. As i get further to the east coast the ping is higher and they seem to be stable, but the ping is too high the be competitive against anyone living on the east coast.

Summary, anyone gaming on the west coast has essentially 1 server and its definitely not functioning properly so west coast gamers probably aren't having much fun. East coast is probably ok but cant say specifically because I haven't been out there. Any of us in the west and north west are basically s.o.l. One of many reasons why I don't play Halo much anymore. Not sure 343 knows or cares but yeah if you are having issues with lag on halo 5, and you live west of colorado, you aren't crazy, and also theres nothing you can do to change it.
I’ve played on both West and Aast coasts. I have also gone too two tournaments and can tell you this is exactly what ruined Halo 5 for competitive players. The advantage you get from ping is readiculous and the lag affects shot registration, magnatism, and damage. The diference is night and day when you play at tournaments game is so much fun and balanced. I can handle losing because the other team had better players or better teamwork. It makes the game fun and makes you go back to the drawing board to get better. Losing because you are playing the game with a huge disadvantage on ping is why people don’t play this game. It’s the reason halo is dead and the population is down (they won’t share the population numbers with us either). More so the reason halo is dead is 343’s total lack of response it would literally be better if they just said hey we dropped the ball it can’t be fixed but we can use your help and feedback to make sure halo 6 is better. I know I could at least conceive my old teammates and friends to comeback to halo if 343 atleast acknowledges these issues.
Your pretty much spot on! There is a lot of performance issues this game has. Ive also been to some of the community tournaments and the game plays awesome! There is also something else that I want to point out. The coding for this game isn't correct either. One reason why this thread was started by 343. One of the questions they ask is what brand of router and what firmware one has. The reason for this is because the coding in this game isn't being recognize fully in most routers QoS. Bits and pieces of this game is being put into low priority even if one would give it the highest priority.. And when this happens the game will play very poorly. They have done a little to try and correct this but the game isn't still being fully recognized to this day. Its something they cant fix.. They have done very little to help this games performance. Here is a list of things this game doesn't have that would help.
They have no latency compensation at all.
No selectable servers.
They don't sync players up by pings (something they could do today and this would help out a lot. Other games do this all the time.
There search preferences have flaws. Focus doesn't cap pings.. anyone searching outside of focus can be joined into the game.
The game is a free for all when it comes to pings,, theres no capping..
What we should be concerned about is that 343 has shown very little interest into any of these things and its very likely the next Halo will have these exact same issues..
Shot registration feels very bad and lot of time it feels like I am shooting blank. Please fix the shot registration.
TrUoK wrote:

Your pretty much spot on! There is a lot of performance issues this game has. Ive also been to some of the community tournaments and the game plays awesome! There is also something else that I want to point out. The coding for this game isn't correct either. One reason why this thread was started by 343. One of the questions they ask is what brand of router and what firmware one has. The reason for this is because the coding in this game isn't being recognize fully in most routers QoS. Bits and pieces of this game is being put into low priority even if one would give it the highest priority.. And when this happens the game will play very poorly. They have done a little to try and correct this but the game isn't still being fully recognized to this day. Its something they cant fix.. They have done very little to help this games performance. Here is a list of things this game doesn't have that would help.
They have no latency compensation at all.
No selectable servers.
They don't sync players up by pings (something they could do today and this would help out a lot. Other games do this all the time.
There search preferences have flaws. Focus doesn't cap pings.. anyone searching outside of focus can be joined into the game.
The game is a free for all when it comes to pings,, theres no capping..
What we should be concerned about is that 343 has shown very little interest into any of these things and its very likely the next Halo will have these exact same issues..
Man, I really hope they fix this, there is so much potential with online streams and online tournaments if they fix all of this. Thank you for the heads up and explanation. At least now I know why the game plays the way it does.
i am getting banned for the game disconnecting me the internet works on any other game so why am i banned
Does anyone have experience with whether certain ports work better for Halo 5 than others? I’m finding the default Xbox Live ports are blocked from port forwarding on the isp level by ATT due to security issues. Cant rely on Xbox network setting to tell you if they’re open. Wondering if anyone finds some of the manual options more likely to work.
Does anyone have experience with whether certain ports work better for Halo 5 than others? I’m finding the default Xbox Live ports are blocked from port forwarding on the isp level by ATT due to security issues. Cant rely on Xbox network setting to tell you if they’re open. Wondering if anyone finds some of the manual options more likely to work.
Have you tried UPnP? It is very common for those type of ports to be closed.. Seems more and more ISP are doing this.. Do you know what ports your ISP does have open? You might be able to map ports to your xbox ports.. If your using a router supplied by your provider its likely they are blocking them there.. If you have your own router and they are still blocked then its being done at the ISP level hub.. Then your really sol.. The first thing I would try is UPnP.. If you still have trouble feel free to post here.. Maybe we can figure something out.. A friend of mine has the same provider and he is having the exact same problem.. Also I should add this is very likely being blocked by your ISP because this game isn't being properly identified in the hopper QoS.. If your also using IPv6 port 3544 should be used also.. And of course all the other common ports that im sure you already know.. If you know what type of IPv6 you have like Native IPv6 then it might not be needed but it likely wont hurt either.. Good luck!
i am getting banned for the game disconnecting me the internet works on any other game so why am i banned
Halo5 is very sensitive to ones connection over any other game out there. The only things you can do is make sure your wired directly to your router or modem.. No wireless.. If you are wired and still getting disconnected then you have to make sure either you enable UPnP or open the proper ports for this game in your router.. Another thing you always want to do is check and make sure your NAT type is open. To test this you go into your xboxs network settings and it will be displayed there. Strict or Moderate will not do! It must say Open.. In that same networking settings there will be an option to test your NAT.. I recommend you test yours.. Give those things a try.. Good luck!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 100
  4. 101
  5. 102
  6. 103
  7. 104
  8. ...
  9. 126