Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

Server Reports: Latency, Disconnects, etc

OP Forum Team

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 113
  4. 114
  5. 115
  6. 116
  7. 117
  8. ...
  9. 124
343 you guys use the worst servers on the planet ever.

You made such an amazing game where the skill gap is awesome, the moving mechanics are so much fun and add so many elements to take advantage of.

However all of that is negated by your trash servers where the outcome of the game is based off of who is closer to the server. You take all the skill out of the game when I have to shoot people 10 times to get a kill with the magnum.

Lose so many games where I have 500+ more damage than the people I lose to.

I understand the servers may be out of your control and the population is so small but enough is enough.

We need Matchmaking to incorporate a system where it at least puts you on a closer server 1 out of 10 games.

Furthermore in ranked please do the following:

Please FACTOR IN THE DISTANCE TO SERVER when determining the amount of CSR you go up and down from a win or loss. The same should be done for IP prioritization if you guys are doing this.

Reason being is you have people who live close to servers that have a completely different experience than most of your population that still plays this game.
Hola, I can not come into the game, it bring a notification saying that I am unable to connect with the servers online, but also I cannot pass the main screen, it is like a bug, I cannot also play the campaign , nothing because of that. What is going on?
FARTMAN Z wrote:
Can't seem to keep a connection. You know you lose the reqs u use in a game when the server can't stay connected. Twice in 5 minutes. Not a happy camper. 😡
This is happening to me also and I'm close to a server.
I think the game broke... again. Getting to be as ridiculous as it was in April.
The game can't tell the difference between being spawn trapped, 'inactivity'. Just been in a game where I was unable to do anything, was kicked from game due to the other team 'cheating'. Match in Warzone Assault. It's not good when half the team is either kicked or unable to do anything due to farming, is punished for others cheating. I'm reporting this as a bug since this is the first time where I've been unable to do anything due to people cheating, been kicked for doing this. What else am I supposed to do if the game won't let me do anything?
no matching in japan from today.
ronnie42 wrote:
The game can't tell the difference between being spawn trapped, 'inactivity'. Just been in a game where I was unable to do anything, was kicked from game due to the other team 'cheating'. Match in Warzone Assault. It's not good when half the team is either kicked or unable to do anything due to farming, is punished for others cheating. I'm reporting this as a bug since this is the first time where I've been unable to do anything due to people cheating, been kicked for doing this. What else am I supposed to do if the game won't let me do anything?
there is no cheating in halo. You clearly dunno how the system works. They were farming off you because they had so much control. The only bugs that are around are: crappy hit registration and lag because of the varying internet speeds that people have across the world
ronnie42 wrote:
The game can't tell the difference between being spawn trapped, 'inactivity'. Just been in a game where I was unable to do anything, was kicked from game due to the other team 'cheating'. Match in Warzone Assault. It's not good when half the team is either kicked or unable to do anything due to farming, is punished for others cheating. I'm reporting this as a bug since this is the first time where I've been unable to do anything due to people cheating, been kicked for doing this. What else am I supposed to do if the game won't let me do anything?
there is no cheating in halo. You clearly dunno how the system works. They were farming off you because they had so much control. The only bugs that are around are: crappy hit registration and lag because of the varying internet speeds that people have across the world
That's not true, what is spawn trapping to the point where it is unplayable then? cheating, knowing where spawns are, making it impossible to play, forcing penalties that can't be avoided...basically punishing anyone who doesn't spawn fast for them to cheat. Literally when you report players...it says about exploiting games, as they have all the 'control', using it to their advantage to 'farm kills' is cheating since they are exploiting the system. People doing this should have a penalty instead of the people putting up with it since it's forcing us to be afk because we are unable to do anything.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
The game can't tell the difference between being spawn trapped, 'inactivity'. Just been in a game where I was unable to do anything, was kicked from game due to the other team 'cheating'. Match in Warzone Assault. It's not good when half the team is either kicked or unable to do anything due to farming, is punished for others cheating. I'm reporting this as a bug since this is the first time where I've been unable to do anything due to people cheating, been kicked for doing this. What else am I supposed to do if the game won't let me do anything?
there is no cheating in halo. You clearly dunno how the system works. They were farming off you because they had so much control. The only bugs that are around are: crappy hit registration and lag because of the varying internet speeds that people have across the world
That's not true, what is spawn trapping to the point where it is unplayable then? cheating, knowing where spawns are, making it impossible to play, forcing penalties that can't be avoided...basically punishing anyone who doesn't spawn fast for them to cheat. Literally when you report players...it says about exploiting games, as they have all the 'control', using it to their advantage to 'farm kills' is cheating since they are exploiting the system. People doing this should have a penalty instead of the people putting up with it since it's forcing us to be afk because we are unable to do anything.
dude you clearly dont know how halo works then. Sweaty players predict spawns in HCS as well that is how they win. OMG you really need a reality check on what spawn predictions are
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
The game can't tell the difference between being spawn trapped, 'inactivity'. Just been in a game where I was unable to do anything, was kicked from game due to the other team 'cheating'. Match in Warzone Assault. It's not good when half the team is either kicked or unable to do anything due to farming, is punished for others cheating. I'm reporting this as a bug since this is the first time where I've been unable to do anything due to people cheating, been kicked for doing this. What else am I supposed to do if the game won't let me do anything?
there is no cheating in halo. You clearly dunno how the system works. They were farming off you because they had so much control. The only bugs that are around are: crappy hit registration and lag because of the varying internet speeds that people have across the world
That's not true, what is spawn trapping to the point where it is unplayable then? cheating, knowing where spawns are, making it impossible to play, forcing penalties that can't be avoided...basically punishing anyone who doesn't spawn fast for them to cheat. Literally when you report players...it says about exploiting games, as they have all the 'control', using it to their advantage to 'farm kills' is cheating since they are exploiting the system. People doing this should have a penalty instead of the people putting up with it since it's forcing us to be afk because we are unable to do anything.
dude you clearly dont know how halo works then. Sweaty players predict spawns in HCS as well that is how they win. OMG you really need a reality check on what spawn predictions are
It's basic game design...cheating is still cheating.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
The game can't tell the difference between being spawn trapped, 'inactivity'. Just been in a game where I was unable to do anything, was kicked from game due to the other team 'cheating'. Match in Warzone Assault. It's not good when half the team is either kicked or unable to do anything due to farming, is punished for others cheating. I'm reporting this as a bug since this is the first time where I've been unable to do anything due to people cheating, been kicked for doing this. What else am I supposed to do if the game won't let me do anything?
there is no cheating in halo. You clearly dunno how the system works. They were farming off you because they had so much control. The only bugs that are around are: crappy hit registration and lag because of the varying internet speeds that people have across the world
That's not true, what is spawn trapping to the point where it is unplayable then? cheating, knowing where spawns are, making it impossible to play, forcing penalties that can't be avoided...basically punishing anyone who doesn't spawn fast for them to cheat. Literally when you report players...it says about exploiting games, as they have all the 'control', using it to their advantage to 'farm kills' is cheating since they are exploiting the system. People doing this should have a penalty instead of the people putting up with it since it's forcing us to be afk because we are unable to do anything.
dude you clearly dont know how halo works then. Sweaty players predict spawns in HCS as well that is how they win. OMG you really need a reality check on what spawn predictions are
It's basic game design...cheating is still cheating.
not even going to bother with you. You're complaining when you barely play warzone smh. Yet again spawn trapping is not cheating. Its called using a brain to play a game.
I’m not sure what patch these guys are trying to implement but it’s the exact same issues when they rolled out the previous “patch” that messed everything up. This is ridiculous and once again unplayable.
ronnie42 wrote:
The game can't tell the difference between being spawn trapped, 'inactivity'. Just been in a game where I was unable to do anything, was kicked from game due to the other team 'cheating'. Match in Warzone Assault. It's not good when half the team is either kicked or unable to do anything due to farming, is punished for others cheating. I'm reporting this as a bug since this is the first time where I've been unable to do anything due to people cheating, been kicked for doing this. What else am I supposed to do if the game won't let me do anything?
there is no cheating in halo. You clearly dunno how the system works. They were farming off you because they had so much control. The only bugs that are around are: crappy hit registration and lag because of the varying internet speeds that people have across the world
Actually you can cheat in halo. Some players use modded controllers, glitches, and possibly software mods. I have seen it before. In a game and it was put on YouTube.
The lag, rubber banding (now visible), and lack of shots hitting has gotten progressively worse over the last week. Yesterday was horrible. If I want to keep playing, I either hide in a corner or wait until I have the good connection and DESTROY everyone else.
Is all the ranks now all together or am I joining people in there group party because is impossible for me to win now. I was a good player in every playlist in solo, now my team is platinum and under and the enemy team is onyx and champ plz fix this 343i.
I guess I’ll start posting games. This is terrible.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/2ab12eb8-5817-4722-b8b6-5ed361a484f7/players/tdw%20trespies?gameHistoryMatchIndex=5&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All
Instance Report
  • Gamertag ViewerPoem3382
  • Description of your issue. When I press start it says”error authorizing user with halo 5 guardians server. You will be unable to access online modes”.
    • Time & Date the issue occurred (if available) I don’t know date but it appeared the second time I tried to play.
  • Match Link (Waypoint, HaloTracker, or Halo5Arena)
  • Video of your experience (XboxDVR, YouTube, Waypoint, Xbox.com)
Network Information
  • Country/Region Sweden/Europe
  • Your ISP. it says IPv4
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Ocorri isso comigo TBM...
In Australia, and since the new season rolled out can’t get a ranked game. Why?!?

Warzone and social are unaffected.
Our group has a lot of problems each night staying together in a party. A few of us have been playing together since Halo 2 days/2005, others since 2007 after Halo 3 launched. One person is in New Hampshire, one in Florida, one in Missouri, one in Colorado, one in Texas and three of us in Arizona. Each night we get together and play for a couple of hours. Almost every night, someone drops out of the game because of lag, or can't join the team in the lobby, because of the red screen saying cant connect to servers. We all quit out every time one in our party drops from a game, shutting off our consoles, rebooting and re joining up, starting a new party each time and have to do this multiple times in an evening just to stay together/play together...texting each other so we know who to join up on and to inform each other what's happening. Why someone left the party etc.Often someone in our group gets ban hammered just because we're trying to keep our party together and end up frustrated and playing custom games with lop sided teams just so we can all stay together and play.

I totally understand the banhammer, I was around in the days when people quit out over a map they didn't like etc, but getting banned simply because were quitting out to keep our party together over server problems is beyond frustrating. We don't want to quit out, we just want to stay together in our party. Its really hard for us in different time zones to coordinate play time as it is, because we are all 37-60 years old. Laura has been playing with us since she was in college. We have family's, we have careers, and responsibilities, so it is very difficult for us all to get together over different time zones to play together in the first place, so when we cant stay together in a party for 2 hours someone usually gets mad and quits, then the whole party starts quitting out of frustration. This never happened in Halo 2 or Halo 3. Granted there were other issues with those games back then, but creating a party and playing together was not one.


My gamertag is FreddyTW0times. This happens so often, its pointless to try and pick a specific date and time. It happens the most with the person in Texas and the person in New Hampshire. It happens in Super Fiesta, Big Team Super Fiesta and in the lobby where we often cant connect or join each other. I can provide more information if needed, but there are a lot of people involved.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 113
  4. 114
  5. 115
  6. 116
  7. 117
  8. ...
  9. 124