6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 125
SPRTN94 wrote:
From the latest community update:
Quote:
Many people asked some variation of “will the Halo 5 servers be fixed?”
I think there are a few different underlying issues that parts of the player base have experienced that have been lumped into “fix the servers!” Overall the online experience for Halo 5 is pretty great but the team is aware of a few specific issues that seem to be increasing in prominence. As a commitment to sustaining a fun and enjoyable online experience along with a consistent and fair competitive landscape, the team is actively investigating these reports. In fact, I’m told there will be a very small update pushed out tentatively as early as next week that’s strictly under-the-hood work to further assist in identifying the root causes of reported instances of higher-than-usual latency, disconnects as well as melee registration to help facilitate a fix. I expect to be able to share more on this front in the coming days.
So, basically, they're going to do a backend update to attach some diagnostics system searching for the causes of all these servers issues?
Did i understand correctly?
Yeah I think you nailed it. Must be one helluva server issue if they're doing that
Well this is far over due in my book. What they don't realize though is I feel its effecting far more players then they think. What I don't get is if TF2 is using the same azure servers why is it that game performs flawless for me and my ping for that game is 23ms. Halo5 is a garble mess of lag and every other strange thing you can think of happens to me on that game. Of course TF2 has server selection and ping numbers and H5 doesn't .Which it should!!! Would probably help them find the problem we are having now.. I sure hope this helps them figure this out.. its such a shame.. :-/

Zippy
SPRTN94 wrote:
Quote:
I think there are a few different underlying issues that parts of the player base have experienced that have been lumped into “fix the servers!” Overall the online experience for Halo 5 is pretty great but the team is aware of a few specific issues that seem to be increasing in prominence. As a commitment to sustaining a fun and enjoyable online experience along with a consistent and fair competitive landscape, the team is actively investigating these reports. In fact, I’m told there will be a very small update pushed out tentatively as early as next week that’s strictly under-the-hood work to further assist in identifying the root causes of reported instances of higher-than-usual latency, disconnects as well as melee registration to help facilitate a fix. I expect to be able to share more on this front in the coming days.
So, basically, they're going to do a backend update to attach some diagnostics system searching for the causes of all these servers issues?
Yeah I think you nailed it. Must be one helluva server issue if they're doing that
Well this is far over due in my book. What they don't realize though is I feel its effecting far more players then they think. What I don't get is if TF2 is using the same azure servers why is it that game performs flawless for me and my ping for that game is 23ms. Halo5 is a garble mess of lag and every other strange thing you can think of happens to me on that game. Of course TF2 has server selection and ping numbers and H5 doesn't .Which it should!!! Would probably help them find the problem we are having now.. I sure hope this helps them figure this out.. its such a shame.. :-/

Zippy
We should add server ping and other networking info for Halo 6
Good news finally!!! : ) Someone from Europe here? We can check together (play) the state of the game until the update & also after that. Cheers you all & thanks for those who helped in this feedback along this. HOPE!
Gamer tag. atx dbird
not sure what's going on but I have multiple accounts and while I can still play multiplayer nothing updates. Examples are spartan emblems are always white loading images and after game reports are unviewable as if I didn't play a game. Also unable to view other players stats meaning everyone is a spartan rank 1 with no games played. My stats do not update such as spartan rank Kda or rank. Also req points do not load. Says I have 0. Literally everything stays the way it was from the moment I start playing. Only way to get updated stats is to reset my Xbox. Except I never get req points. Then same thing happens. To get any updated rank or stats I have to reset my Xbox. This has been happening to me for about 5 days now I haven't seen anyone on google with this complaint or the forums. Is it just me
SPRTN94 wrote:
Hey guys while you're working out these server issues could you possibly work on a solo searching mechanic ? I've spoken to a few big name Halo 5 YouTubers and they have all said that solo searching is a must have. Unless you want to match full teams in Slayer and Objective *Shrug*
This is a great idea!!!! Just one solo team playlist, please!!!
I can't find any players in Warzone. Literally, I sat there for 10 minutes before a screen popped that I was unable to match. I couldn't connecty for SWAT either. I managed to get into one Firefight and then encountered the same problem. This was an issue yesterday too.
Unbelievable.

Italy, almost 15 PM of sunday
Team Slayer, Balanced
Did only 1 qualification match, past season was Diamond 6

Cannot find a single game. Only "Not enough players in this playlist" messages. How can this be possible?

Dammit, playing this game has become really impossible...

PS: I don't try expanded simply because i care about my mental sanity.
Very slow machtmaking search 12 hours ago in slayer & firefight,EU,fireteam from UK,Italy & Spain.Near not able to find a game.
Instance Report
  • XxPist0lWhipxX
  • Delayed Grenades toss, delayed explosions, terrible shot registration, rubber-banding, jittery movements. It's as if my controller inputs are .5 seconds late randomly and frequently, sometimes constantly. What I'm seeing doesn't seem totally amiss aside from jittery spartans, but what I'm feeling is rage inducing. I feel like I'm constantly being cheated, because I am. Delay my inputs, even a fraction of a second, and the game becomes unplayable. No disconnects this game, although disconnects are becoming more frequent in general.
    • 11/6/2016 around 1:00PM
    • Team Arena (Fathom - CTF)
    Network Information
    • United States - Wisconsin
    • Charter Spectrum
    • 35.71Mbps Down / 5.53Mbps Up
    • 0% packet loss
    • 89ms latency
    • MTU 1480
    Additional Information

• In the past year I have experienced this kind of lag. Immediately after launch this kind of lag was very rare, which I found incredibly impressive. As the months passed and my skill level increased, I began experiencing more and more of this kind of lag. After the last update, this kind of rage inducing lag has been almost constant in every slayer and arena game I play. There are games where everything runs perfect, and those games feel amazing. Next game is the complete opposite, and everything feels so wrong. I love this game, a LOT. It's amazing in so many ways. But I won't play it if I keep feeling cheated every single time I play. No other game can offer me what Halo offers me. Unfortunately, it seems not even Halo can either. It makes me so very sad.
    4 months ago the servers were great and i could find a match in a few seconds. Now I have to wait minutes for a match . I am afraid, there are many issues with the 343's servers. I am also getting lag more often when I playing so it really annoys me.
    SPRTN94 wrote:
    Quote:

Zippy
    I agree that TF2 runs better on the Microsoft servers but it also has issues. I have noticed that on the region select screen I will get a low ping 20-30 but when I hit the back button while playing a match my ping is always in the 60-80s which I don't understand, my friends ping is the same in match. I have also played multiple matches with one person skipping around in TF2 which is annoying. On a good note I have noticed that server ping times have reduced in halo 5 from 60ms to 45 on the Texas data center and from 65-70ms to 49-51 on the Illinois data centers, so work is getting done and I hope the servers keep improving for halo.
    A half hour ago, arena-slayer-balanced search preference, cant find a game,my net connection is working fine:
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DarthRevan7117/video/23251027
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DarthRevan7117/video/23251492
    The servers finally died or people is massively leaving the game, perhaps both. Im a complete dedicated player, for me Halo is like a sport, this is actually killing me.
    A half hour ago, arena-slayer-balanced search preference, cant find a game,my net connection is working fine:
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DarthRevan7117/video/23251027
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DarthRevan7117/video/23251492
    The servers finally died or people is massively leaving the game, perhaps both. Im a complete dedicated player, for me Halo is like a sport, this is actually killing me.
    Know that feel bro.
    Having such a great multiplayer game and not being able to play it sucks to say the least.

I'm in your exact situation.
    This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
    *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Instance Report
    • XxPist0lWhipxX
    • Delayed Grenades toss, delayed explosions, terrible shot registration, rubber-banding, jittery movements. It's as if my controller inputs are .5 seconds late randomly and frequently, sometimes constantly. What I'm seeing doesn't seem totally amiss aside from jittery spartans, but what I'm feeling is rage inducing. I feel like I'm constantly being cheated, because I am. Delay my inputs, even a fraction of a second, and the game becomes unplayable. No disconnects this game, although disconnects are becoming more frequent in general.
      • 11/6/2016 around 1:00PM
      • Team Arena (Fathom - CTF)
      Network Information
      • United States - Wisconsin
      • Charter Spectrum
      • 35.71Mbps Down / 5.53Mbps Up
      • 0% packet loss
      • 89ms latency
      • MTU 1480
      Additional Information

• In the past year I have experienced this kind of lag. Immediately after launch this kind of lag was very rare, which I found incredibly impressive. As the months passed and my skill level increased, I began experiencing more and more of this kind of lag. After the last update, this kind of rage inducing lag has been almost constant in every slayer and arena game I play. There are games where everything runs perfect, and those games feel amazing. Next game is the complete opposite, and everything feels so wrong. I love this game, a LOT. It's amazing in so many ways. But I won't play it if I keep feeling cheated every single time I play. No other game can offer me what Halo offers me. Unfortunately, it seems not even Halo can either. It makes me so very sad.
      Your issues sound way to familiar to mine. Im in Minnesota. And also have Charter Spectrum. Everything you said above is exactly the same way it has gone on for me. This is very strange and I sure hope 343 can find the root of this cause..

Zippy.
      just ended 2 slayer games.... both games ended 50-20 something ... lag was horrendus! couldnt hit my opponents twice before they killed me, extremely sloppy and slow movement, shots not registering, people shooting me through walls, fps drops ...all the well known problems people here have been complaining about for over a month. In the first game i could even hear a guy say something about the horrible lag and that he was fed up with all the problems, then he left the game.

343... can you please respond to your players and fans ? you created this thread over a month ago and you haven't responded once to our feedback... People in this thread are the people who love your game and most likely a part of your biggest fan group.

many great games has been released this fall and people will surely find other games if you dont respond to the problems and bugs that is plaguing this game after several updates.

This is not a rant, its actually just the truth and i hope you realize that
      hope we hear from you soon !

From one of your biggest fans Vikingpoowah :)
      SPRTN94 wrote:
      SPRTN94 wrote:
      Quote:

Zippy
      We should add server ping and other networking info for Halo 6
      I totally agree with you my friend! These basic features would just be so helpful and honestly would do the game a great help. I will be paying close attention to see if Halo6 will have it.. If it doesn't im not sure I will purchase the game.

Zippy
      1. 1
      2. ...
      3. 12
      4. 13
      5. 14
      6. 15
      7. 16
      8. ...
      9. 125