2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 120
Quote:
We’ve been keeping an eye on reports regarding server issues and are looking to provide the Halo services team with more detailed information and reports. If you are experiencing issues, please provide the following information to help with the investigation. If at all possible, please provide a video of your issue, as well as the Waypoint game link, as this will be most helpful in identifying the root cause.
Instance Report
Gamertag- unrealiztiic
Description of your issue horrible connections, shots not registering, never get trades. Close 1 on 1s always favor my opponent and its so obvious
Time & Date the issue occurred since most recent update
Playlist Name arena/slayer
Are you experiencing delayed grenades, shot registration, etc? Yes, shots arent registering when i know im hitting the shots
Are you experiencing disconnects? Yes, even in customs
Are you “teleporting” around, or seeing other players warp from place to place? Yes here and there. Not as bad as the shot registration
Match Link (Waypoint, HaloTracker, or Halo5Arena)
Video of your experience (XboxDVR, YouTube, Waypoint, Xbox.com)
Network Information
Country/Region united states east coast
Your ISP verizon fios
Bandwidth speeds (Up / Down) 9 up 15 down
Make / Model of your router
Firmware version of your router
Any additional information you can provide about your set up / connection would also be of great help!
Thank you,
The Forum Team
I just cant find a game on any playlist. after waiting a few mins it says "there may not be enouph players to support a game in this playlist.Please try a different playlist" What the Hell is going on? Is this gonna be fixed soon? This -Yoink- always seems to happen on my days off!!
"Attention " There was a problem with the xbox live party service. Please try again . And before this I couldn't connect the the server I played two warzone games and all of a sudden I can't play anymore. How long are the servers going to be down for ? It's the 5 October 2016 I'm Canada BC vancouver
Please fix the server asap
What's up with the servers??? Attention: SERVERS ARE DOWN!
Gamertag: PappyMD
Time/Date: Currently, and over past several days

Issue: #1. Unable to connect to the Guardians Lobby ("There was a problem with the Xbox Live Party Service") tonight.
#2. Have also been getting "disconnected from the server" a lot over the past 3 weeks - thought it was at my end, but the realized that (interestingly) this only seems to happen in "Arena" - it's never happened during "Warzone." In any case, I've lost a few RP Bonus options on them.
#3. Also seeing other players glitch all over the map - usually (it seems) right when I'm sighting in on them. Note this only started happening/becoming noticeable over the past 7-10 days.

V/R,
Rich Catherina
PappyMD
Having a lot of connections issues. I was playing several matches just moments ago. While searching for another game I started getting error messages saying "can't connect to dedicated server".

After multiple attempts, I decided to completely restart my console and Internet router. After trying this again I am finding myself unable to connect to the Guardian lobby. I get an error saying, "There was a problem with the Xbox live party service. Please try again."

This has been going on for about 30 minutes. Hope this can get fixed soon??
Still down, does custom gaming still work
Instance Report

Unfortunately my allowed number of recorded clips was full why I couldn´t record any new videos during gameplay from the past couple of frustrating weeks of Halo 5. Thus I have to provide some both old and new examples below but which are equally relevant for my experience since launch. I have now deleted some old videos and I can record new ones again.

Last week was terrible connection wise. This week was much better until last night when servers were acting crazy again. It is really obvious that the server performance fluctuates greatly. But even when being at its best behavior having a minimum latency of 50-70ms, like I do to closest H5 servers, is too much for a competitive fps game.

Problem with dedicated server
9:46pm CET on the 3rd of October
BTB playlist
Searching and then a server is started, disconnect from server with red screen containing message "there was a problem with the dedicated server".

This happens a lot, in any playlist and it doesn´t matter if I am searching alone or in a fireteam. It was extreme last week but not as frequent this week.

Cannot leave matchmaking & retrieving data screen
13th of August
Playlist: Slayer
After having finished a game I can sometimes not leave the matchmaking process. In the post game lobby I get the “retrieving data” screen and I am not able to leave. The search for the next match eventually starts and I can still not leave matchmaking and get locked in to play another game even if I don´t want to.

This happens from time to time. In this case which I recorded a while ago it happened in between this game and this game.
Retrieving data is a screen I see a lot after games. Either it takes 10 seconds to retrieve the data from the last game (which is ok), or it cannot be retrieved at all until the next game has already begun. Connection to Halo 5 servers is also evident when I cannot open req packs awarded after a game or buy req packs in the store until one or several games later.

Gameplay issues
5th of October
Playlist: BTB
This game from last night played really bad from a connection point of view. Frame rate dropped considerably during times and lag/latency was very obvious. Unfortunately I forgot to record those frame rate drops but it looked/felt like playing on 20fps at times.

9th of September
FFA playlist
Heavy latency – check grenade delay at 23 seconds into the video. Happened in this game. This game was extreme and I get those games sometimes. Similar but not quite as extreme examples are common though.

2nd of October
Breakout
Splinter grenade to the face but no kill This is the most recent direct hit with a splinter grenade that didn´t kill my enemy. I always die from direct hits myself. Happened in this game.

The above are a few examples. But latency is evident every time I play as I have no Halo 5 servers close enough to where I live. The more competitive the game is the greater a factor latency becomes. My lowest ping to EU servers is 50-70ms. That is too much, but is made much worse by the jitter and how the latency fluctuates causing lag spikes. We ideally need a Halo 5 server in Scandinavia for stable low latency connections.

Network Information
  • ISP: Bredbandsbolaget/Telenor
  • Bandwidth: 12 mb/s up, 100mb/s down (FIBRE)
  • Router: Asus RT-AC66-U
  • Firmware version: 3.0.0.4.380_4005 (latest)
  • Open NAT
Additional info:
  • My Xbox is always wired and I never play on wireless.
  • There is usually no other traffic or very little other traffic when I play Halo.
  • I have performed tests with pingtest.net, speedtest.net and other services to determine that there are no issues with my connection as such. Issues come when connecting to distant servers due to the nature of long distance routing of internet traffic (latency, lag, jitter, package loss). A local H5 server for Scandinavian/Nordic countries would solve a lot of the issues.
there is still something wrong, sits in search mode till time out. the very few i do get into are laggy.all my internet equipment is new, fast connection,wired...What the hell happened? Does anyone have an idea? Is anyone from support gonna comment??
Last night between 7 and 8pm PST, I was able to play Warzone and Grifball, then once my Fireteam tried to set up a new game, we kept getting a message that it "could not connect to dedicated server". We experimented with all game types, even Campaign. Then we tried to play MCC and none of us could invite each other into a group, or join a group. We also got kicked out of our Xbox, not Halo, party. So there definitely was something wrong with the Xbox servers in general yesterday. No idea if it is still going on, as I only play in the evenings.
Last night between 7 and 8pm PST, I was able to play Warzone and Grifball, then once my Fireteam tried to set up a new game, we kept getting a message that it "could not connect to dedicated server". We experimented with all game types, even Campaign. Then we tried to play MCC and none of us could invite each other into a group, or join a group. We also got kicked out of our Xbox, not Halo, party. So there definitely was something wrong with the Xbox servers in general yesterday. No idea if it is still going on, as I only play in the evenings.
There were some issues with the Xbox Live Servers last night that were affecting a few different games, not just Halo. Everything should be back to normal now but do report back anything if you still have issues connecting or with anything noted in the first post :)
I'm also experiencing what said in this brilliant post i found.
Halo aim strictly tied to connection.
Since the service interruption last night my profile is saying I am banned from playing. This came without any action on my part and does not give any indication of when the ban will be lifted. ????
tenjay3333 wrote:
Since the service interruption last night my profile is saying I am banned from playing. This came without any action on my part and does not give any indication of when the ban will be lifted. ????
You should use the ban thread for help with an issue like this, It's pinned right below this one
Incident report

Cannot leave matchmaking
6th of October
Playlist: Breakout
After finishing a game of Breakout I could not back out and leave matchmaking (by pressing "B" and choose to leave matchmaking). Once I could finally get the system to react to my input of pressing "B" it was too late and already starting a server and launching the next game of Breakout. This happens regularly and shows how annoyingly sluggish the server connections are. Most often I do not even get the chance to press "B" at all like I did this time. So I either have to play another game I don´t want to play or I have to quit which none of us likes and which renders me a ban.

Happened between this and this game.

Network Information

Additional info:
  • There is usually no other traffic or very little other traffic when I play Halo.
Incident report

Cannot leave matchmaking
6th of October
Playlist: Breakout
After finishing a game of Breakout I could not back out and leave matchmaking (by pressing "B" and choose to leave matchmaking). Once I could finally get the system to react to my input of pressing "B" it was too late and already starting a server and launching the next game of Breakout. This happens regularly and shows how annoyingly sluggish the server connections are. Most often I do not even get the chance to press "B" at all like I did this time. So I either have to play another game I don´t want to play or I have to quit which none of us likes and which renders me a ban.

Happened between this and this game.

Network Information

Additional info:
This happens to me occasionally as well (USA, Midwest). If you realize you can't back out, just dashboard before the "begin matchmaking" countdown hits 0. Annoying, but effective workaround.
stckrboy wrote:
tenjay3333 wrote:
You should use the ban thread for help with an issue like this, It's pinned right below this one
I think tenjay3333 is ok with posting the problem here as the ban is a direct result of the bad server issue. Just happened to me half an hour ago. I think the servers have been hacked!
I think tenjay3333 is ok with posting the problem here as the ban is a direct result of the bad server issue. Just happened to me half an hour ago. I think the servers have been hacked!
Servers haven't been hacked and any queries about bans should be made in the ban thread
Gamertag- TylerC99

• For the past 14 weeks, I have not been able to connect to the halo 5 lobby service. Ever since launch to the time I could not connect, 14 weeks ago, I could play any playlist for as long as possible and then one day it just failed to connect to the lobby service. I have spoken to our ISP many times and their internet is fine and was even updated to current standards recently so their end is fine. I have attempted to play on other family members gamer tags, re-downloading the game, unplugging, clearing data, and still had no success so it most likely is 343i not being compatible with Central Link.
    • For the last two major updates, I could not even play any of it due to this issue. Being a halo fan for half my life while paying for the game and Xbox Live Gold really grinds my gears when I cannot even play the only game I enjoy. I am Spartan rank 114 and would appreciate it if I could play the game so that I do not miss any more content.
      • Occurs every time
      • Playlist Name- All Matchmaking Playlists / Lobby Service
Network Information

• Country/Region- United States/ Central Time: South Texas
    • Your ISP- Central Link Broadband
    • Bandwidth speeds (Up / Down)- (6.92 / 15.89 Mbps)
    • Ping- 24 ms
    • Make / Model of your router- Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router / WNDR3700v4
    • Firmware version- V1.0.2.78
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 120