2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 126
Man I tell ya.. you as a company need to fix these so called dedicated servers.. search own country something.. these people with Google fiber lol just warrior.. I think as bad as host h3. How are you suppose to play competing online? Handicap the connection to make them all similar.. this is 2016.. 10 yrs of this o.0 halo based on connection online.. when game was is tweak mode shots registered great before the launch.. then it goes back to a host feel per game.. 65down 5 up 80s to 90s latency
Man I tell ya.. you as a company need to fix these so called dedicated servers.. search own country something.. these people with Google fiber lol just warrior.. I think as bad as host h3. How are you suppose to play competing online? Handicap the connection to make them all similar.. this is 2016.. 10 yrs of this o.0 halo based on connection online.. when game was is tweak mode shots registered great before the launch.. then it goes back to a host feel per game.. 65down 5 up 80s to 90s latency
This is so true and makes me so damn angry!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This is so true and makes me so damn angry!
I agree with both of you!! For dedicated servers which the game should play better then prior titles isn't even close. The word horrendous comes to mind... Sad thing is the damage has already been done..

Zippy.
dear 343.

something is wrong, very wrong. The last few months has been horrendous for me and all my friends regarding halo multiplayer. We play from Norway and have always had good connection to the European servers, but during the last couple of updates something surely has changed.

i will put you trough me and all my friends experience with halo 5 from day one. The reason posting this is because we do love the game when it runs in a smooth and fun way !

At release the lag was different then what it is today. This was before matchmaking preferences were added. The lag was in form of delayed, shot reg., delayed grenades and you could clearly tell this was because we matched with american players on american servers.

Then you added the "region block" and the game just felt amazing for a couple of weeks. Shots were perfect, grenades was instantly being thrown when you hit the grenade button. Everything just felt great.

then the "region block" was removed and we matched a lot with american players again.

Then came the "match preferences option" we always have been using the "focused" setting and in the start it was a real game changer. Like the "region block" everything just felt great when playing games in both arena and warzone for many months.

suddenly ( i dont know exactly when) something happened. This was not your ordinary " delayed greandes" and shot reg. lag, this was something else. For a couple of weeks the game has just been feeling very very bad. aiming feels "sluggish", slow and unresponsive. When doing actions like sprint and jump there is like a small input delay. Its like other players can see me before i see them, sometimes i die in 2 pistol shots while they can withstand a whole clip.Their grenades are like nukes, mine like water-balloons. When moving and sprinting its like everything is slowed down, and you can clearly feel hickups when moving. This is actually the worst kind of lag i have had in any halo game and it is 100% game breaking The game has for me and a lot of other friends become unplayable, and its a real shame because we do love it when it works.

i have checked 4 times with my ISP provider ( TELENOR ) and everything is fine on my end. I have also had an expert at my house to check my connection to the sentral, and everything is just as it should be. Also i am not the only one having these problems as mentioned.

A couple of days ago i went and bought "gears of war 4" mostly to check if i would be having the same kind of problems. My experience so far this week has been amazing. I have the option to choose preferred datasenter and can also see my ping, this actually tells me that my ping to the European servers is only 70MS (from what i know this is pretty good). Why do we not have this option in halo ?

I have always loved halo and would consider my self a big fan
played a lot of H2 both online and offline with friends
3000 games of h3 matchmaking
1500 games halo reach
2000 games H4
soon to be 3000 games of H5

i know you guys are listening and that you have a lot of love for the community, i trust you try to fix this problem as soon as possible and take our feedback seriously..
I also hope you will be bringing us some kind of response soon! It has been 2 weeks since this tread was established!.

Vikingpoowah
Disconnected from warzone game
Restarts Xbox
Plays a community action sack match
Gets dc on last round
Internet speed of 433MB/s
Go back to region lock! And, get rid of whatever new lag compensation you have implemented!!
dear 343.

something is wrong, very wrong. The last few months has been horrendous for me and all my friends regarding halo multiplayer. We play from Norway and have always had good connection to the European servers, but during the last couple of updates something surely has changed.

i will put you trough me and all my friends experience with halo 5 from day one. The reason posting this is because we do love the game when it runs in a smooth and fun way !

At release the lag was different then what it is today. This was before matchmaking preferences were added. The lag was in form of delayed, shot reg., delayed grenades and you could clearly tell this was because we matched with american players on american servers.

Then you added the "region block" and the game just felt amazing for a couple of weeks. Shots were perfect, grenades was instantly being thrown when you hit the grenade button. Everything just felt great.

then the "region block" was removed and we matched a lot with american players again.

Then came the "match preferences option" we always have been using the "focused" setting and in the start it was a real game changer. Like the "region block" everything just felt great when playing games in both arena and warzone for many months.

suddenly ( i dont know exactly when) something happened. This was not your ordinary " delayed greandes" and shot reg. lag, this was something else. For a couple of weeks the game has just been feeling very very bad. aiming feels "sluggish", slow and unresponsive. When doing actions like sprint and jump there is like a small input delay. Its like other players can see me before i see them, sometimes i die in 2 pistol shots while they can withstand a whole clip.Their grenades are like nukes, mine like water-balloons. When moving and sprinting its like everything is slowed down, and you can clearly feel hickups when moving. This is actually the worst kind of lag i have had in any halo game and it is 100% game breaking The game has for me and a lot of other friends become unplayable, and its a real shame because we do love it when it works.

i have checked 4 times with my ISP provider ( TELENOR ) and everything is fine on my end. I have also had an expert at my house to check my connection to the sentral, and everything is just as it should be. Also i am not the only one having these problems as mentioned.

A couple of days ago i went and bought "gears of war 4" mostly to check if i would be having the same kind of problems. My experience so far this week has been amazing. I have the option to choose preferred datasenter and can also see my ping, this actually tells me that my ping to the European servers is only 70MS (from what i know this is pretty good). Why do we not have this option in halo ?

1500 games halo reach
2000 games H4

i know you guys are listening and that you have a lot of love for the community, i trust you try to fix this problem as soon as possible and take our feedback seriously..
I also hope you will be bringing us some kind of response soon! It has been 2 weeks since this tread was established!.

Vikingpoowah
Very well said. And these issues that you describe sound way to familiar to mine. And its quite shocking to be honest. And im in the US. Something has gone very wrong here and it is out of our control. I no longer can get any of my friends to play the game. And honestly I cant blame them. These issues have really been a deal breaker. What fun is it to play a game when before it even starts you have already lost... I know no one likes to through numbers around but when H5 doesn't even make the top 20 most played game on xbox theres something seriously wrong.. And H5 is just becoming a year old. If this isn't a clear sign I don't know what is..

Zippy.
dear 343.

1500 games halo reach
2000 games H4

Vikingpoowah
Very well said. And these issues that you describe sound way to familiar to mine. And its quite shocking to be honest. And im in the US. Something has gone very wrong here and it is out of our control. I no longer can get any of my friends to play the game. And honestly I cant blame them. These issues have really been a deal breaker. What fun is it to play a game when before it even starts you have already lost... I know no one likes to through numbers around but when H5 doesn't even make the top 20 most played game on xbox theres something seriously wrong.. And H5 is just becoming a year old. If this isn't a clear sign I don't know what is..

Zippy.
Zippy, brother, you are so right on. Last night and today, my friends and I just simply gave up after a few games because it is so horrible and out of control. I'm talking about "1-shots" suddenly ping-ponging all over the place and aim reticle spining like a top and getting destroyed before I can fire two shots!! What on earth is going on? We are all in California, and connecting to California servers, slayer playlist, but we might as well be playing from the moon. I keep checking back here hoping that there is some glimmer that things will get fixed.
Oh ! I forgot to post my network stats -_-
Down: 50+
Up: 6~
Ping/latency: 60 ms
Wired connection
Instance Report

Gamertag (if different from account you are posting on) - same

Description of your issue - My friends and I keep getting kicked out of games, within the last week or 2 I have got kicked twice and my friends get kicked the next game. We were winning all these games, and we used to never get kicked. Also last night I had 3 games in a row start with less then a full lobby ( the other team was missing 1-2 or even 3 players lol) . Anyways I'm in Massachusetts and my friend in NJ was having problems too, we used to never get kicked and it seems as though our server is acting up or something. O yea and were both hard lined lol

Time & Date the issue occurred (if available) - last night / early this morning

Playlist Name - slayer H5

Are you experiencing delayed grenades, shot registration, etc? Please describe. - every once in awhile but not very often , I see other players lagging tho, teleporting all over the place.

Are you experiencing disconnects? - yes.

Are you “teleporting” around, or seeing other players warp from place to place? - other players.

Match Link (Waypoint, HaloTracker, or Halo5Arena) - unknown

Video of your experience (XboxDVR, YouTube, Waypoint, Xbox.com) - unknown

Network Information - open/unrestricted

Country/Region - good ol' US of A

Your ISP - Comcast :/

Bandwidth speeds (Up / Down) - unknown but I have the highest speed they offer, I think its 125 GB or something like that lol

Make / Model of your router - I had them send me a new one a couple months ago so it's top notch as well.

Firmware version of your router - unknown

I don't understand why this is happening all of a sudden because it seems like there are less people playing then ever. My friend said last night he couldnt even play FFA (H5 of course) the game told him "not enough people playing the playlist" something like that lol .PLEASE fix the North East server.

On a different note what's the deal with getting kicked from a Warzone lobby while it's searching for a new match. I keep getting kicked if I open packs, send messages, or even invite people into the party chat :( kinda sucks man.

Also PLEASE fix the stupid melee man , the games been out for almost a year and the melee still doesn't register everytime , people call a ghost or phantom melee , i just call it BS. Theres a rummor going around that 343 intentionally made the aerial melee ( jump to a melee) slower on PURPOSE!?!? Please this has to be fixed.

Spawning on a Plasma nade in Slayer/Arena causes the game to auto select that nade :( , there are not a lot of spawns that put you on top of them but it still happens if someone died and dropped one on a spawn :( . I have been posting about this for like a year and no one has done anything about it. This is my LAST attempt to try and help this game and help you 343 . Idk what to do anymore , Extermination finally got put into the game after one of my posts made it on the top post list but the medal doesn't show up in the carnage report still and the guy (game narrator) doesn't say it either :'(

Please help , thank you - Happy.
Hey forum team. How about contacting me. Considering I have an issue and microsoft pushes me away to this site. Because of laziness. Sick of this stuff. Honestly. Contact me.
I am contacting you for halo 5 constantly kicking me.....not giving me things I've paid for and just completely being down more often then it should
My last game yesterday did the thing where the carnage report doesn't load, it doesn't show up on Waypoint, and no rewards are provided (still counts the Reqs you use though). Sometimes it will eventually show up if you wait, but it's been about 24 hours so I'm calling it. I can't provide a link because there is no acknowledgement that the game even occurred. Playlist was Warzone.
dear 343.

1500 games halo reach
2000 games H4

Vikingpoowah

Zippy.
Zippy, brother, you are so right on. Last night and today, my friends and I just simply gave up after a few games because it is so horrible and out of control. I'm talking about "1-shots" suddenly ping-ponging all over the place and aim reticle spining like a top and getting destroyed before I can fire two shots!! What on earth is going on? We are all in California, and connecting to California servers, slayer playlist, but we might as well be playing from the moon. I keep checking back here hoping that there is some glimmer that things will get fixed.
Oh man do tell.. I called damn near beginning a few of my friends to play and they wont have nothing to do with it like this. I use to be able to play with friends from all over the place across the US and it was fine.. Now its impossible. Im sure there are more players out there that are having the same issues but the sad thing is they very likely have moved on and or are not at all on waypoint here.. Im from Minnesota and am having the same issues as you. Your not alone man.. So sad and very depressing to see this happen to such a game as Halo.. I keep checking back here as well waiting for a fix. And every night I jump on hoping they have fixed it.. But as you can guess no such luck!!

I guess this is where I can say keep the faith bro! But even im starting have big doubts for a fix.

Zippy.
I am contacting you for halo 5 constantly kicking me.....not giving me things I've paid for and just completely being down more often then it should
343, one of the few companies where it makes enough money to fix and prep better servers but doesnt do -Yoink- about them. Im ranting as well since ive gotten Dced recently from a ranked Arena game. You know 343, the playlist where i lose CSR if i get dced
Yeah that. Congrats.
Played perfectly whole day. No issues whatsoever. At night. Boom DC, does 343 even care since it took them 9 months to actually make a post about this issue
The Server are crap as hell, for real, it cant be that you get DC every few games. Fix your servers, A whole year and still no good server
DC'd at the start of a match. Rip that CSR and my teammate's CSR
Hi

for over a week now I Haven't been able to find a warzone game. Even if I leave it to search for a good 5minutes I still get nothing. Why is this?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 126