2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 310
I quit one game and have been banned since 2/24 1:30pm....I seldomly quit, not consist at all. But when I do, it's usually one or two games and get banned for hours. Bout to take all this back.
I have NEVER quit a game and was banned for the first time from any Halo game EVER last night, and it was because of Halo 5's servers. I have never had internet issues while playing, had power issues while playing, or any other troubles. I occasionally do get disconnected from the game during play, but it is always an issue with the servers, (i always stay signed into Xbox Live, stay in my party, etc. so I know its not my internet connection). Last night I was playing with a friend in assault and he got disconnected, then about 2 minutes later it disconnected me. We stayed talking the entire time, and tried to run another game but I was banned. Dont punish me for your problems. I have lost 3 ultra rare/legendary rp cards because of this crap. I want to be able to play the game I bought when I want to and not get BANNED because Microsoft's AZURE servers are trash. 343, find a way to differentiate when a player quits or has a disconnect on their side VS your side, and implement the ban that way. Until then, TAKE IT OFF!

Edit: Here is my DNF history to show I am not a habitual quitter. All of the games were disconnected by Halo's Servers!
Arena
1 2/24
1 2/20
1 2/19
1 1/29
1 1/23
1 1/13
1 1/8
1 12/23
2 12/21
10 out of 598

Warzone
1 2/21
2 2/15
1 2/13
2 1/23
1 1/9
2 1/2
1 12/31
1 12/30
1 12/26
1 12/22
1 12/5
1 12/2
1 11/7
2 10/31
1 10/29
1 10/26
20 out of 641

Also let it be known my very first game of Halo 5 EVER i was disconnected. Awesome start.
I was playing warzone and I won. Then we went back to the lobby and I quit so I can open req's then it said I got banned. I'm assuming I got banned for leaving the lobby but that doesn't happen. All I did was win then I got banned YYY?
Hell yeah, banned for TK in Griffball :|
sometimes life is a bad thing..
The following FAQ should answer some of your questions about Halo 5 bans. We will update this FAQ as necessary.

I received an in-game message saying I have been banned. Why?

If you are checking this page because of an in-game message, it is likely that you have been banned for violating the terms of use and/or committing a code of conduct violation. It is also possible, in the case of an especially egregious violation, that your Xbox One system itself is now banned from Matchmaking. The duration of this ban is based on the type, frequency or nature of the committed violation. In most cases, Custom Games will still be available. In extreme cases, they will not.

What types of actions can result in a ban?

Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:
  • Modifying your Xbox One hardware or game software and services in any way.
  • Idling through games, habitual quitting/suiciding/betraying, or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
  • Impersonating a 343 Industries or Microsoft employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players.
I shouldn't be banned. My brother/sister/cousin/dad/mom/friend must've logged on with my account and done bad things. Will you please reverse my ban?

If this is indeed the case, we do understand your frustration. However, it is your sole responsibility to keep your account information secure and not share it with others who would abuse it. We have no way of detecting who is playing with your account, and if your gamertag is caught making naughty, you will be banned. Those are the rules.

I didn't do anything wrong, and you can't prove it. Will you please reverse my ban?

Our automated system builds up a digital case of wrongdoing before any ban is enacted. If you accidentally disconnect a time or two, you won't get banned. Instead the system looks for patterns that can't happen accidentally. If the banhammer detects enough wrongdoing, you were doing wrong.

Will posting in this thread guarantee my ban will be lifted and that someone will respond personally to every post?

Unfortunately, no. We simply don't have enough eyes, ears and typing hands to respond to every single post. However, the community will help keep you honest. You have a public game history for everyone to see. If you post you were banned unjustly, the community is in their rights to check out your history to confirm or deny your claims. Please, just keep it clean.

The purpose of this thread is to keep all questions pertaining to bans in one place. Without a megathread for such questions, the rest of the forum will almost certainly turn into a cavalcade of ban questions.

If you were banned and think you have a case, this is the ONLY thread you should post in. If other moderators see posts pertaining to bans in other threads, they will either be deleted outright or a kind-hearted mod might just move the posts to this thread.

If any users are caught habitually spamming ban threads in other threads, we will consider that a violation of the forum Terms of Use. You will risk being banned here as well. We don't want to have to ban anyone, but we do want an open, honest and positive place to post about all things Halo, so a thread like this is necessary.

Thanks in advance!
This...was needed, but is kinda sad. ^^"
im a defender of if you betray you should get banned, though when there is an official form created for this sort of issue. there is a problem in there somewhere
I understand that 343 wants to have the best possible online experience available for Halo 5. But asking people to play a game where they are getting creamed by a cohesive team is just silly. Banning should be reserved for individuals who quit games purposely ( often to troll or de-rank) individuals who are playing a game out of their league/laggy should not be punished. Whenever I run into the problem of not being able to access any REQS, I typically just leave. Furthermore, If half of my teammates leave in a CTF game, I should not be punished for not wanting to completely derail my KD in a 1v4 slaughterfest.

Obviously it would be impossible to determine the intent of a individual leaving a game, however, I still think the system should be more lenient to innocent players.

If I'm playing a social game where I'm loosing 900-100 and I get a invite to join a friend, sorry but I don't really feel bad for leaving my temporary online teammates, and I doubt they even care.

Whats next banning people who have bad K/D? I would much rather a player who has 10 deaths and 1 kill leave than stay in. In some cases, leaving a game can actually be a sign of sportsmanship. Especially in social, where another- possibly superior player would take their place.
im a defender of if you betray you should get banned, though when there is an official form created for this sort of issue. there is a problem in there somewhere
me either, but a teamkill in griffball is more or less random. I think the drop out option for TK is quite "unfair" within this modus.
So, i left a game because of the absolutely -Yoink- matchmaking and then i got banned. Why the -Yoink- do you get banned for leaving 1 Match ?
Wartree 28 wrote:
So, i left a game because of the absolutely -Yoink- matchmaking and then i got banned. Why the -Yoink- do you get banned for leaving 1 Match ?
Many matches have you left in the past?
A "1 game and you're sitting in timeout" policy is one of the worst marketing moves you can make. Yep. I really want to continue playing your game when I'm forced to sit through 12 minutes of spawn kills/stat padding by a fireteam of 4 if I don't want to be banned for 9 minutes.
stckrboy wrote:
xArcueidx wrote:
The one major issue I have is whether the ban system ever resets. It ruins some of the fun when i'm constantly worried that uncontrollable accidental team damage or suicides, or a potential disconnect, will result in a longer and longer and longer ban.
It doesn't really reset as such, but bans are only placed when there is a recognisable pattern of offences picked up from any of those listed in the OP. As your friend probably won't have that he'll be fine - leaving the odd time for IRL stuff is acceptable, it's when this keeps happening over and over. There's only so many times you can leave due to emergencies within a short period of time before it's going to get flagged.
Its a shame bans don't reset as such since my situation still does not make sense.
So bans are only placed when there is a recognizable pattern of offenses: Quitting matches, Betrayals or team killing, Idling (AFK), intentional suicides, and excessive disconnects. However, this doesn't explain how my only offenses (1 dnf from a disconnect 2 weeks back, followed by 1 leave of social ctf) resulted in a temporary ban while my friends who have left several more games than I have, and have accidentally betrayed/suicided more than I have, haven't been banned at all.

"As your friend probably won't have that he'll be fine"
While I am worried about my friends, as some of them have a large pattern of accidental offenses, this isn't the issue I am curious about. I'm wondering how, as stated above and in the original post, the little offenses I have led to a ban while the people I know with a larger pattern of offenses haven't seen a single ban. Really places into question how the flagging system works. I don't remember how the ban system worked in Halo 4 and previous installments, but I don't recall having this concern (and its not like I'm suiciding, betraying, idling, disconnecting, or leaving more. If anything I've done little to no offenses besides the 1 disconnect dnf and the 1 social ctf dnf).

I am seeing numerous forum and reddit posts on people being banned from leaving warzones and all arena playlists. If so, which playlist is more like the previous installment social playlists where one can join and leave without offense? I honestly left that 1 social ctf thinking it was a casual playlist as it was unranked, but since that appeared to have not been the case, are there any casual playlist a player can say, while waiting to go out, jump in a game and leave if they run out of time?
stckrboy wrote:
I quit one game yesterday and banhammer hit for 8:30 hrs! Is it cumulative? Does it reset ever? One match come on.
Yes, it takes into account your previous games so if you have a history of quitting, AFK'ing or team killing then eventually one game is going to trigger a ban if you do any of those things again. The system itself generally runs 1 game behind, which is sometime why you will be banned at the end of your next match.
I have hundreds of games and maybe 3 quits. Why do I get a ban. This system is -Yoink-.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
This banning system makes it much harder to be a bad player. I am, and have always been, and will always be a bad player. I've played Halo and Marathon before that for 20 years now and I have never been good and I never get better. So why is it now that 343 is happy to take my money, but then ban me for being the player that I am? Seems a bit extreme.
http://youtu.be/L0LiytLelUM

Nuff said

May have to with the fact that you have 4 dnfs in your last 30 matches.
I was not aware. How does one get DNFs?
Just got banned for the first time ever in my seasoned Halo playing career. Bought around 10 Halo titles over the past 15 years, played hundreds and hundreds of hours of MP Matchmaking over the years too. I have had a couple of issues with disconnects in H5 due to my ISP (I live fairly remotely) and have quit out of a couple of games when the servers have been making my character walk the same 15 paces again and again and again.

I'm disappointed because I just threw down $25 on the Arena REQ pack, got lagged out leading to me having to quit my first game and subsequently banned. Now I'm apprehensive to dive back into the Arena in case this happens again.

My Xbox was syncing data whilst booting up the game a couple of times, are there any MM issues at present?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 310