5. 122
  6. 123
  7. 124
  8. ...
  9. 271
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
You mean the part where you blame the system and compare 343i's banhammer to oppression? Yeah, I read that.
Simply put the banhammer as of now does not function. It is to weak against those who quit a lot as it happens a lot to me to remain alone doing 1v4 games and to hard against those who have "needs". You can't just ban someone who quits 2 games in a row or x games over y games hoping that there will not be any quitters... in fact that is not working. I would have made something like you have 1 quit per day after that it is a 24 hours ban to extremely punish quitters...
The banhammer as of now is an half measures and as Offensive Bias once said: half measures will not suffice.
Either have it very soft or very hard but this middleground means that those who did not quit beacuse of being quitters are punished harsly and those that are the real quitters are punished too lightly. And anyway, a personal curiosity of mine: We had to quit a game but when we quit only him received the ban notification and then we went doing some coop campaign for about 2 hours but after we stopped playing coop I received the ban message that said that i was banned well for the next 7 hours... Is it possible for the hammer to have such a long delay or was there anything else wrong?
Here's another suggestion for the game in which no one is monitoring the other unacceptable behaviors like boosting accounts, team shooting but not killing, trolling, ect ect ect.

Hiw is about ban those players instead of the ones whom get frustrated and want to quit? I understand you may have overlooked this idea... Lol It's another example that the system is broken and trolls are always gonna be trolls. I've lost about 95% of my Big Tram Battle games due to trolls, boosters, KDwhores, quitters, non playing people, under skilled as bullies like to play in teams to beat up other players. So many ways this could be fixed as well... Yet your doing NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it shows...

maps Just look at my game history.. It doesn't lie
on average I have between 2-8 people quit on my team in BTB.. Or should I say get dropped by YOUR servers
You are attempting to deflect from the issue. First by claiming that some things go unpunished (which is partially true and largely false.) and then by claiming that people have quit on your team which is irrelevant. Someone else's actions do not cause yours. It is still the case that you have a large amount of DNFS. You cannot claim that they were 'dropped by the servers' as you have no idea why they left the match. 343 have been very clear with what was considered ban worthy even before the game was released. This includes; betraying, afking, quitting, and having a poor connection.

Just out of curiosity do you do this in real life as well? When you do something wrong or when something bad happens to you try this hard to deflect blame from yourself?

Also You're means you are. Your means owned by you.
No where did you justify the logic of the ban system... Also thanks for the correction on You're* lol I hope you sleep better at night for in no way helping solve the issue at hand. By the words and response you used you have shown that you favored exploits and poor behavior.

It's ok not everyone can be a Liberal like you. :)
Here's another suggestion for the game in which no one is monitoring the other unacceptable behaviors like boosting accounts, team shooting but not killing, trolling, ect ect ect.

Hiw is about ban those players instead of the ones whom get frustrated and want to quit? I understand you may have overlooked this idea... Lol It's another example that the system is broken and trolls are always gonna be trolls. I've lost about 95% of my Big Tram Battle games due to trolls, boosters, KDwhores, quitters, non playing people, under skilled as bullies like to play in teams to beat up other players. So many ways this could be fixed as well... Yet your doing NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it shows...

on average I have between 2-8 people quit on my team in BTB.. Or should I say get dropped by YOUR servers
You are attempting to deflect from the issue. First by claiming that some things go unpunished (which is partially true and largely false.) and then by claiming that people have quit on your team which is irrelevant. Someone else's actions do not cause yours. It is still the case that you have a large amount of DNFS. You cannot claim that they were 'dropped by the servers' as you have no idea why they left the match. 343 have been very clear with what was considered ban worthy even before the game was released. This includes; betraying, afking, quitting, and having a poor connection.

Just out of curiosity do you do this in real life as well? When you do something wrong or when something bad happens to you try this hard to deflect blame from yourself?

Our actions are defined by those of others as well as if you remain the only one in your team you are being damaged your kd will lower your csr etc. in real life when someone does you some kind of damage he does get punished indeed but the damaged person receive some kind of compensation for the damage he was dealt. In halo 5 you just get to either loose kdr csr or to risk a ban yourself which does indeed for some players incite quitting in certain situations however this is a minority of course.
And the servers seriously have problems, they don't drop you the 99% of the time but sometimes it just starts lagging and no it wasn't on my end i was playing with my friends and it lagged in the exact same moments to them as well. While the servers issues are not major they should be dealt with since 343 policy is to consider every dnf to contribute towards your ban.

And it shows...

There is a reason if they don't punish team shooting are some kinds of trolling... the reason being that the trollers and griefers would then report innocent people and cause them to be banned... So would you rather have some games with an idiot that gets you killed or risk the possibility of being banned because an idiot decides to falsely report that you do shoot your team. I do however agree that in some cases the punishing of the frustrated players is wrong since some times it is caused by flaws in the game such as matchmaking sometimes putting you with players with too different skill or like the game spawning you in front of 3 foes... But the right thing would be to address those flaws and overhaul the game current state to cause less frustration so that they can really justify their policy of considering any dnf.
In the end I think it was our fault we should have checked first what the ban system was like... If I knew the game was in this "state" i would have not bought it even though i love halo. The game as it is is unbalanced, the things that I see usually are in games alphas or betas at worst.

And it shows...

There is a reason if they don't punish team shooting are some kinds of trolling... the reason being that the trollers and griefers would then report innocent people and cause them to be banned... So would you rather have some games with an idiot that gets you killed or risk the possibility of being banned because an idiot decides to falsely report that you do shoot your team. I do however agree that in some cases the punishing of the frustrated players is wrong since some times it is caused by flaws in the game such as matchmaking sometimes putting you with players with too different skill or like the game spawning you in front of 3 foes... But the right thing would be to address those flaws and overhaul the game current state to cause less frustration so that they can really justify their policy of considering any dnf.
In the end I think it was our fault we should have checked first what the ban system was like... If I knew the game was in this "state" i would have not bought it even though i love halo. The game as it is is unbalanced, the things that I see usually are in games alphas or betas at worst.
You do realize that your last post makes no sense absolute and after reading I understand you don't get why the system is bias and messed up already. It's ok to ban quitters but not team shooters, betrayers, exploiters, boosters, unranked bullying. It's all the same boat of banning quiters. Except the ones mentioned are getting off pretty lightly compared to the ones quitting games that are horrible.

Recheck your logic

And it shows...

You do realize that your last post makes no sense absolute and after reading I understand you don't get why the system is bias and messed up already. It's ok to ban quitters but not team shooters, betrayers, exploiters, boosters, unranked bullying. It's all the same boat of banning quiters. Except the ones mentioned are getting off pretty lightly compared to the ones quitting games that are horrible.

Recheck your logic
My logic is fine. I do agree that they need punishment. The point is how do you identify this guys?
While it would be very good to have all of those guys punished the resources needed to do that would be monumental... how would 343 even make money?
Seeing if a player completes a match does not require much code as it is a binary variable (either he finished or not) while the number of variants to consider to understand if a player is trolling or not for example are nearly endless.
No where did you justify the logic of the ban system... Also thanks for the correction on You're* lol I hope you sleep better at night for in no way helping solve the issue at hand. By the words and response you used you have shown that you favored exploits and poor behavior.

Again you try to deflect with whataboutism and a poorly constructed ad hominem in place. I have in no way 'favored exploits and poor behavior' by pointing out that it was irrelevant to the case. When the system doesn't work that doesn't take away from when it does work as in your case. Try to take some responsibility for your actions. The system is designed to detect DNFS that reach certain benchmarks and deal with those who have them. You met those benchmarks and were banned.

And it shows...

Our actions are defined by those of others as well as if you remain the only one in your team you are being damaged your kd will lower your csr etc. in real life when someone does you some kind of damage he does get punished indeed but the damaged person receive some kind of compensation for the damage he was dealt. In halo 5 you just get to either loose kdr csr or to risk a ban yourself which does indeed for some players incite quitting in certain situations however this is a minority of course.
And the servers seriously have problems, they don't drop you the 99% of the time but sometimes it just starts lagging and no it wasn't on my end i was playing with my friends and it lagged in the exact same moments to them as well. While the servers issues are not major they should be dealt with since 343 policy is to consider every dnf to contribute towards your ban.
No. You and you alone are responsible for your actions. Real life crimes often go unpunished.

My understanding is that damage to your teammates is tracked by the system and so if you repeatedly shoot your own teammates you will be more likely to be kicked and possibly banned for greifing when you do betray someone. The games is not unbalanced, but at least you realize you have the choice to either abide the rules or be banned.

And it shows...

Recheck your logic
Griefers are banned. Those who are caught using exploits may be banned. Please check your facts before you attempt to deflect from your own offences.

Again you try to deflect with whataboutism and a poorly constructed ad hominem in place. I have in no way 'favored exploits and poor behavior' by pointing out that it was irrelevant to the case. When the system doesn't work that doesn't take away from when it does work as in your case. Try to take some responsibility for your actions. The system is designed to detect DNFS that reach certain benchmarks and deal with those who have them. You met those benchmarks and were banned.

And it shows...

No. You and you alone are responsible for your actions. Real life crimes often go unpunished.

My understanding is that damage to your teammates is tracked by the system and so if you repeatedly shoot your own teammates you will be more likely to be kicked and possibly banned for greifing when you do betray someone. The games is not unbalanced, but at least you realize you have the choice to either abide the rules or be banned.

By the game is unbalanced i meant stuff like weapons and etc. some of the weapons are OP while some are not competitive as other weapons are...
For exampe i find the plasma rifles (both original and the h4) to be very powerful weapons that are balanced but that in some maps are present in too many places for how powerful they can be.
Or for example some maps have overshield or active camo at the center between the 2 squads spawns meaning that even if you get to the power up first you are most likely gonna get killed.
I also find that the SMG for example is a little bit OP and that the AR is like a slower firing SMG and that as such it is kinda mostly useless.
The prometheans weaponry is mostly superior to any other weapon and the fact that all weapons do spawn very often does not help IMO.
Also the spawning system is not good, sometimes it will spawn enemies while you just killed some opponents or spawn you near opponents, it is almost as if the games choses who wins by either spawning more enemies to kill a wounded spartan or spawning 1 player between 2 foes or more... Not very nice IMO.
I did'nt think the game actually tracked any shot you take at your teammates but that would kinda make sense.
As for crimes if you are forced to commit a crime under extenuating circumstances you will not get full punishment... So even others CAN somehow be responsible of your actions... However I must agree that very often crimes do go unpunished.
Hello. Got dc'd 4 or 5 times today before the match started and now I have a 8 hour ban. Usually I'll go afk and get a 40 min or so ban so this is pretty crazy. Pls halp!
Hi everyone,

This is something that is happening to me very often and its so frustrating! Whenever I am in a middle of a match (arena or warzone) and someone invites me to a squad I autommatcally quit the match and join the squad, without any need for acceptance of the invitation! I am playing with offline status now to not be seen by my friends and avoid this to happen. For now I am banned for 57 hours, as I was banned for the same reason multiple times before (I was banned by the same reason before)!I don´t know if this is a glitch from my current version of win10 (I am a preview member) or its something related to the game, but in my opinion if the ban hammer strikes so hard the "quitters", there must be a way to revoke the ban in such cases.

And it shows...

By the game is unbalanced i meant stuff like weapons and etc. some of the weapons are OP while some are not competitive as other weapons are...
For exampe i find the plasma rifles (both original and the h4) to be very powerful weapons that are balanced but that in some maps are present in too many places for how powerful they can be.
Or for example some maps have overshield or active camo at the center between the 2 squads spawns meaning that even if you get to the power up first you are most likely gonna get killed.
I also find that the SMG for example is a little bit OP and that the AR is like a slower firing SMG and that as such it is kinda mostly useless.
The prometheans weaponry is mostly superior to any other weapon and the fact that all weapons do spawn very often does not help IMO.
Also the spawning system is not good, sometimes it will spawn enemies while you just killed some opponents or spawn you near opponents, it is almost as if the games choses who wins by either spawning more enemies to kill a wounded spartan or spawning 1 player between 2 foes or more... Not very nice IMO.
I did'nt think the game actually tracked any shot you take at your teammates but that would kinda make sense.
As for crimes if you are forced to commit a crime under extenuating circumstances you will not get full punishment... So even others CAN somehow be responsible of your actions... However I must agree that very often crimes do go unpunished.
You don't get it... You wasted a good bit of your day agreeing that the system is broken and flawed and bias. Yet you used about 1000 words more than you needed to to deflect what I stated and then state restate in final words my original post.

Next time before you try and discard someone's statement you should probably look and see if you know what you are talking about. Hit me back when you've reached 3,000 games played on Halo 5. Than maybe... Just maybe you will have some enlightenment
I've been banned for nine years for accidental suicides, everyone keeps telling me it must be nine minutes but it's been six days and I still can't enter any arena games, I read it right. I guess it's back to halo 4 then..
So today I was banned to the point that I am not even allowed to play Custom Games... This is really beginning to irritate me BECAUSE I played a few matches of BTB, played a custom game, then went onto SMITE to play with some friends. I then get back on to see that I am unable to play Halo 5 ENTIRELY! I never received a ban time or anything! It just told me that I am unable to play. Now, I'm not sure what I did because I rarely quit games, avoid team killing, and I try my best to avoid suicides! I have no clue what's going on but it needs to be fixed. I bought this game to play with my friends and then they make it so I can't play after I've spent around possibly more $100?! I find that to be robbery! It's also quite offensive as well. If someone could please help me that would really be appreciated.
Never be banned for leaving one match right I have seen the banhammer banner three times now for excepting an invite. Last one was ten minutes ago and before that a month ago. I don't play unfair or do anything to deserve a ban at all.

And it shows...

You don't get it... You wasted a good bit of your day agreeing that the system is broken and flawed and bias. Yet you used about 1000 words more than you needed to to deflect what I stated and then state restate in final words my original post.

Next time before you try and discard someone's statement you should probably look and see if you know what you are talking about. Hit me back when you've reached 3,000 games played on Halo 5. Than maybe... Just maybe you will have some enlightenment
Evidently I did not agree wkth everything you've said. And i stated that system would be acceptable if they fixed the game.
Also playing 3000 games does not make you necessarily right.

And at this banning rate I probably won't ever get 1000 games I usually don't rage quit but this game succeeds in making quit...
There even some games in which i have not quit a single game over hundreds and hundreds.
343 you need to fix the ban in arena, I get lagged out saying my fire team has changed and I get penalized it's total bs if you ask me!
I've been banned for nine years for accidental suicides, everyone keeps telling me it must be nine minutes but it's been six days and I still can't enter any arena games, I read it right. I guess it's back to halo 4 then..
6 days? That's strange, because your service record shows that you have been playing games in Arena and Warzone all week
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-history/players/death%20agent%20677?gameModeFilter=Arena
Every time I finish a game on Arena I lose connection to the server and I am constantly banned multiple times a week!!!!!
this banning system is the worst, once I was playing in a match and my connection failed and I got disconnected, then I got banned for "quitting many matches" WTF!!! they really have to fix that
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 120
  4. 121
  5. 122
  6. 123
  7. 124
  8. ...
  9. 271