2. ...
  3. 125
  4. 126
  5. 127
  6. 128
  7. 129
  8. ...
  9. 310
I just got a new Xbox one s and have started playing halo 5 after nearly 1200 days without having an Xbox one, I put halo 5 in and go to play a multiplayer match. My lag kicks me from a game and I get a ban.....?...really? I've been playin for 5 mins and I get banned because of a lag? That's not fair yeah? Or am I wrong guys? I didn't even get a kill I was killed once, kicked then banned. My guess is they need to fix this or what?
So right after i was unbanned from arena i played about 5 FFA matches and then i decided to play doubles but the other team wad hogging the power weapons and somtimes spawn killing so i quit. Tell me why i got banned for 3 days for quitting 1 match. 343 needs to do something
So right after i was unbanned from arena i played about 5 FFA matches and then i decided to play doubles but the other team wad hogging the power weapons and somtimes spawn killing so i quit. Tell me why i got banned for 3 days for quitting 1 match. 343 needs to do something
As explained in the first post of this topic, you do not get banned for quitting 1 match. It takes multiple offences to receive a matchmaking ban, which increases each time another ban is placed on your account. To reach a ban length of 3 days means you already need to have been banned on multiple occasions. Check the first post for details on how the timer is displayed in case you are reading an incorrect length.

Check your account history though you have 8 unfinished matches over the last week and there are a further 7 or 8 from the week before. Remember that team killing, afk'ing and intentional suicides also count towards action taken against you.
stckrboy wrote:
As explained in the first post of this topic, you do not get banned for quitting 1 match. It takes multiple offences to receive a matchmaking ban, which increases each time another ban is placed on your account. To reach a ban length of 3 days means you already need to have been banned on multiple occasions. Check the first post for details on how the timer is displayed in case you are reading an incorrect length.

Check your account history though you have 8 unfinished matches over the last week and there are a further 7 or 8 from the week before. Remember that team killing, afk'ing and intentional suicides also count towards action taken against you.
so when does the banhammer reset
As far as I know it doesn't, it continually monitors your account for patterns. As long as you aren't doing any of the above on a regular basis you should be ok. You would have to ask 343 for more explicit details on the ban system.
I just got a new Xbox one s and have started playing halo 5 after nearly 1200 days without having an Xbox one, I put halo 5 in and go to play a multiplayer match. My lag kicks me from a game and I get a ban.....?...really? I've been playin for 5 mins and I get banned because of a lag? That's not fair yeah? Or am I wrong guys? I didn't even get a kill I was killed once, kicked then banned. My guess is they need to fix this or what?
You didn't finish your first two games back to back.
You have 6 DNFs in under 24 hours.

The weird part are those FFAs that lasted only a minute, were those Custom Games?
Naqser wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Can someone fix halo 5 servers
Please only use the ban thread for ban-related questions and discussion. For other support issues, make your own thread in the support forum.
Oh really ok smart guy how come ur the only person saying this and everyone else says the same thing ur wrong face now stop trying u never give up just shut up and listen for once I speak for everyone u don't even work for 343 so saying stuff noob
Oh no you don't.

Would you kindly explain how it can't be network issues on your end instead of insulting?
Ok I will because it's the only game I lag out of u don't even listen u dint even read it why would u even respond I don't think anyone brought u in to this so shut up
Naqser wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Please only use the ban thread for ban-related questions and discussion. For other support issues, make your own thread in the support forum.
Oh really ok smart guy how come ur the only person saying this and everyone else says the same thing ur wrong face now stop trying u never give up just shut up and listen for once I speak for everyone u don't even work for 343 so saying stuff noob
Oh no you don't.

Would you kindly explain how it can't be network issues on your end instead of insulting?
Ok I will because it's the only game I lag out of u don't even listen u dint even read it why would u even respond I don't think anyone brought u in to this so shut up
Yet pretty much no one else in your matches that you lagged out of were thrown out as well?
No where did you say it's the only game you lag or get disconnected from, at least not on the two last pages.
I'm free to respond to anything I want to respond to on this forum, and I do read the things I respond to, and I may join any conversation I like, so no, I won't be quiet.

Furthermore, I don't think anyone from i343 has ever responded to anything in this thread, and they're the ones handling the bans, so you won't get a response out of them, especially if you behave like you do.
The next best thing are regular forum goers and sometimes a moderator (who isn't an i343 employee) will post their best guess as to why you or anyone else are banned.

If you've port forwarded and otherwise optimised your connection and internet setup for Xbox Live yet still have issues with Halo 5, I recommend you check what kind of router you have, if it has an IP TV specific wire port (if you use wire), check how it works with the Xbox, and check with your ISP if there's anything they can do because there has been at points issues between some ISPs and Microsoft's XBL servers.

Being rude to anyone here won't alleviate any ban issues you have with i343, other than perhaps make yourself feel better by letting off some steam.
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Oh no you don't.

Yet pretty much no one else in your matches that you lagged out of were thrown out as well?
No where did you say it's the only game you lag or get disconnected from, at least not on the two last pages.
I'm free to respond to anything I want to respond to on this forum, and I do read the things I respond to, and I may join any conversation I like, so no, I won't be quiet.

Furthermore, I don't think anyone from i343 has ever responded to anything in this thread, and they're the ones handling the bans, so you won't get a response out of them, especially if you behave like you do.
The next best thing are regular forum goers and sometimes a moderator (who isn't an i343 employee) will post their best guess as to why you or anyone else are banned.

If you've port forwarded and otherwise optimised your connection and internet setup for Xbox Live yet still have issues with Halo 5, I recommend you check what kind of router you have, if it has an IP TV specific wire port (if you use wire), check how it works with the Xbox, and check with your ISP if there's anything they can do because there has been at points issues between some ISPs and Microsoft's XBL servers.

Being rude to anyone here won't alleviate any ban issues you have with i343, other than perhaps make yourself feel better by letting off some steam.
I said that already and u said I lagged out we all know that already I said this is the only game I lag out of . Just actually read the full message for once
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Oh no you don't.

I said that already and u said I lagged out we all know that already I said this is the only game I lag out of . Just actually read the full message for once
And I got banned for that why do u think I'm here
stckrboy wrote:
As far as I know it doesn't, it continually monitors your account for patterns. As long as you aren't doing any of the above on a regular basis you should be ok. You would have to ask 343 for more explicit details on the ban system.
Wait it doesn't? Holy crap
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Oh no you don't.

And I said that you didn't say at any point before that Halo 5 is the only game you lag out of.
Sure you said it, it was in your post I quoted, where I said that you didn't say anything about it before.

Next post of yours:

I think you're here to get your banned lifted, if it's still active, and to reset your ban timer, from a problem you don't fully understand and do not have all the information about.
Yes I did 6 times omg why haven't u saw them stop lying I said this a lot of times just replying to my post
Naqser wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Oh no you don't.

And I got banned for that why do u think I'm here
And lagging out out means u get banned
Yes I did 6 times omg why haven't u saw them stop lying I said this a lot of times just replying to my post
You said you lagged out six times from Halo 5.
You never said Halo was the only game you do not lag out of, prior to when you said it back then with my longer post.

Later post of yours:

Only if you disconnect in excess
I've just been banned for 7 hours , I'm tired of this it seems like it wants to ban me . I was playing slayer and then I started lagging so I quit the game and fixed and check my connection after it was fine I played and finished a game of team arena and straight after we lost the server disconnected and now I'm ban this happens all the time it ensures that as long as I leave a game I get ban
DopeAy wrote:
I've just been banned for 7 hours , I'm tired of this it seems like it wants to ban me . I was playing slayer and then I started lagging so I quit the game and fixed and check my connection after it was fine I played and finished a game of team arena and straight after we lost the server disconnected and now I'm ban this happens all the time it ensures that as long as I leave a game I get ban
So the game you quit because you felt laggy is likely what triggered the ban. The banhammer runs ~1 game behind you, so after you finished your next game (Team Arena), the ban kicked in. The server didn't disconnect; you just got banned immediately after the game. That is why your history shows you as finished that Team Arena game.
Even if you are experiencing lag, don't quit. Finish your laggy game, then troubleshoot your connection. Quitting for any reason just makes bans more likely.
I got Halo yesterday and I've already been banned twice for losing connection. I finished a multi game today and it said connection lost and then it told me I'm banned.. I don't want this to keep happening! What do I do?
iiTzTabby wrote:
I got Halo yesterday and I've already been banned twice for losing connection. I finished a multi game today and it said connection lost and then it told me I'm banned.. I don't want this to keep happening! What do I do?
Looking over your total history, you appear to have quite a few DNFs for just starting out Halo. What you thought was "connection lost" was actually the banhammer kicking in. You most recent DNF triggered the ban, but the banhammer runs ~1 game behind schedule, so it didn't kick in until you finished your next game. As soon as that game finished, the ban kicked in, making it seem like you disconnected (you didn't, the ban just kicked in as soon as the game completed).
As for what you can do to prevent future bans, well, 1) stop quitting, or 2) if you are having actual connection issues, troubleshoot your connection. Look at ping, look at packet loss, switch to wired connection, maybe contact your ISP.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 125
  4. 126
  5. 127
  6. 128
  7. 129
  8. ...
  9. 310