4. 127
  5. 128
  6. 129
  7. 130
  8. ...
  9. 310
Chimera30 wrote:
iiTzTabby wrote:
I got Halo yesterday and I've already been banned twice for losing connection. I finished a multi game today and it said connection lost and then it told me I'm banned.. I don't want this to keep happening! What do I do?
Looking over your total history, you appear to have quite a few DNFs for just starting out Halo. What you thought was "connection lost" was actually the banhammer kicking in. You most recent DNF triggered the ban, but the banhammer runs ~1 game behind schedule, so it didn't kick in until you finished your next game. As soon as that game finished, the ban kicked in, making it seem like you disconnected (you didn't, the ban just kicked in as soon as the game completed).
As for what you can do to prevent future bans, well, 1) stop quitting, or 2) if you are having actual connection issues, troubleshoot your connection. Look at ping, look at packet loss, switch to wired connection, maybe contact your ISP.
Yes I quit games yesterday and I got banned for 12 mins. I didn't realize you get banned for quitting. Today I have only quit one game and that's because I wasn't going to play anymore. How many times can you quit until being banned?
iiTzTabby wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
iiTzTabby wrote:
I got Halo yesterday and I've already been banned twice for losing connection. I finished a multi game today and it said connection lost and then it told me I'm banned.. I don't want this to keep happening! What do I do?
Looking over your total history, you appear to have quite a few DNFs for just starting out Halo. What you thought was "connection lost" was actually the banhammer kicking in. You most recent DNF triggered the ban, but the banhammer runs ~1 game behind schedule, so it didn't kick in until you finished your next game. As soon as that game finished, the ban kicked in, making it seem like you disconnected (you didn't, the ban just kicked in as soon as the game completed).
As for what you can do to prevent future bans, well, 1) stop quitting, or 2) if you are having actual connection issues, troubleshoot your connection. Look at ping, look at packet loss, switch to wired connection, maybe contact your ISP.
Yes I quit games yesterday and I got banned for 12 mins. I didn't realize you get banned for quitting. Today I have only quit one game and that's because I wasn't going to play anymore. How many times can you quit until being banned?
Well, once the system issues an initial ban for quitting, continuing to quit runs the risk of getting you lengthier bans. So, it's not a matter of how many times you can quit before being banned; now its everytime you quit, you will get a longer ban. Again, your best bet to prevent bans is to not quit. Finish your matches, and if you think you may not want or be able to complete your next match, maybe just don't even enter matchmaking. But once you are in a match, try to finish it (if it's an emergency that you need to quit, then you need to quit, but just know that the system is watching so you better only quit when you absolutely need to).
Chimera30 wrote:
iiTzTabby wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
iiTzTabby wrote:
Well, once the system issues an initial ban for quitting, continuing to quit runs the risk of getting you lengthier bans. So, it's not a matter of how many times you can quit before being banned; now its everytime you quit, you will get a longer ban. Again, your best bet to prevent bans is to not quit. Finish your matches, and if you think you may not want or be able to complete your next match, maybe just don't even enter matchmaking. But once you are in a match, try to finish it (if it's an emergency that you need to quit, then you need to quit, but just know that the system is watching so you better only quit when you absolutely need to).
This ^^

Regardless of why you quit, you still quit the game. The system has no way of knowing why and saying you had a legitimate reason to quit is irrelevant.
I believe I once got banned for constant "suicide" on breakout before the game even started.
Quit 1 game, played 2 more got the banhammer then. Okay then. Solid system in place there.
OK first off No I did not quit I learned my lesson from that. Now I was playing halo 5 arena and it took sometime to connect to the server and when everybody finally connected, it says disconnected from server. 😑 And it takes me the loading screen after that it says" you have been banned from h5 and my cool down time is 6d:17:15:14. And I'm like WTF so all the other people in that lobby got disconnected from the game and all the players messaged me saying did you get banned for 6 days and I said yeah. And everybody in that game got a 6 day ban and I mean EVERYBODY we all got into a party and discussed it and everybody was pissed, cause all 8 of us got the same about of time. What do I do I wish I could show you a pic but I don't know how to on the halo forums, if there's a way tell me so I can show the pic.
Now I've been banned for not being able to LEAVE THE POST CARNAGE RESULTS!! I am now demanding a response from an official for this. Three times being banned for finishing games is enough! The game wouldn't even show the results. It just gave me a blurred image of Infinity. So I dashboard, restarted the game, then got banned. I want to answer to this now and I want this fixed.
Quit 1 game, played 2 more got the banhammer then. Okay then. Solid system in place there.
Looking through your history, it seems you have DNFs dotted throughout your Arena career. It doesn't necessarily look habitual, but maybe it is enough for the system to have flagged you. And then your most recent DNF triggered a ban, which took 1-2 games to catch up to you, finally kicking in after you had completed some games after your DNF.
OK first off No I did not quit I learned my lesson from that. Now I was playing halo 5 arena and it took sometime to connect to the server and when everybody finally connected, it says disconnected from server. 😑 And it takes me the loading screen after that it says" you have been banned from h5 and my cool down time is 6d:17:15:14. And I'm like WTF so all the other people in that lobby got disconnected from the game and all the players messaged me saying did you get banned for 6 days and I said yeah. And everybody in that game got a 6 day ban and I mean EVERYBODY we all got into a party and discussed it and everybody was pissed, cause all 8 of us got the same about of time. What do I do I wish I could show you a pic but I don't know how to on the halo forums, if there's a way tell me so I can show the pic.
Looking at both your Warzone and Arena history, I would say it doesn't corroborate your story about not quitting. You have more than a few DNFs in both Warzone and Arena over the past few days. Now as for the rest of your story about your entire party getting banned, if that happened that is indeed weird. However, all we have to go on is your word. If you think that picture evidence would help your case, you can always upload images to a pic sharing site like imgur and then link the uploaded pics here. I will say, though, that 343i's Forum Team rarely comes by the thread, and most of the people who would see your "proof" wouldn't be able to do anything about your ban.
So right after i was unbanned from arena i played about 5 FFA matches and then i decided to play doubles but the other team wad hogging the power weapons and somtimes spawn killing so i quit. Tell me why i got banned for 3 days for quitting 1 match. 343 needs to do something
You have 6 DNFs in under 24 hours.

The weird part are those FFAs that lasted only a minute, were those Custom Games?
no it was online
So while some guy and i kill each other in social breakout i get disconnected to then see the you left the fireteam and the ban hammer messages. And i did not think my disconnects were close enough for getting banned sense they're days or lots longer apart if they do happen. From hearing how it takes a game or two for it to register makes it more surprising that the ban was so instant. So is there any reason why and is it likely to happen again?
For some reason, I have been constantly kicked from Arena just as I finish a game. And then, I get banned! I got banned from matchmaking because the game forced me to quit from the game! Anyway to fix this?
Blackversa wrote:
For some reason, I have been constantly kicked from Arena just as I finish a game. And then, I get banned! I got banned from matchmaking because the game forced me to quit from the game! Anyway to fix this?
I was just looking at my game history, and I didn't get a DNF! Im sorry to say, but I think there may be something wrong with the bans.
Blackversa wrote:
Blackversa wrote:
I was just looking at my game history, and I didn't get a DNF! Im sorry to say, but I think there may be something wrong with the bans.
Checking your history reveals 3 of your last 10 Arena games listed as DNF. Your most recent FFA Arena game wasn't the cause of your current ban; the DNF before that game is what triggered your ban. The banhammer just took 1 game to catch up to you, and banned you as soon as your FFA game completed.
Edit: you also did not finish yesterday's Warzone game.
Hola papu
I've been running into the same issue ( your fireteam has changed). Ever since I started playing doubles. Not to mention I keep getting the same issue in warzone. My history shows my DNF's have only been in this past week if that, so I would greatly appreciate it if this were fixed because I for one am not quitting the game I am being kicked out with a stupid message that refers to my previous statement (YOUR FIRETEAM HAS CHANGED). Thank You
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
really I get banned for TWO HOURS JUST BECAUSE I LOSE CONNECTION TO THE RETARDED SERVERS AT THE POST GAME SCREEN THIS HAS BEEN THE NUMBER ONE ISSUE SINCE DAY ONE AND IT STILL ISN'T FIXED?!?! ARE YOUR SERVERS POTATOS WITH A FEW WIRES PLUGGED IN OR WHAT?!?!
You've got 3 DNFs out of your last 10 games in both Arena and Warzone. You aren't losing connection at a post-game screen; what that is is the banhammer kicking in as soon as the game is over. What triggered the ban was likely the most recent DNF you had in Arena, then it took the banhammer ~1 game to catch you. Immediately upon completion of your next game, the ban kicked in.
Ok that explains his issue what about mine.lol but for real this is bull
Ok that explains his issue what about mine.lol but for real this is bull
I tend to only reply to people whose cases I think I understand. In your case, the cause of your ban is all the DNFs you have in Arena and Warzone. However, I don't have any insight on the "Fireteam has changed" issue you cite, so I didn't reply.
Well thank you for letting me know.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 126
  4. 127
  5. 128
  6. 129
  7. 130
  8. ...
  9. 310