2. ...
  3. 127
  4. 128
  5. 129
  6. 130
  7. 131
  8. ...
  9. 288
Could anyone tell me where I see for how long I've been banned? I only see a red message saying i'm banned, it doesn't say for how long.
So, if you're disconnected from the server - or whatever - that counts towards a potential ban? It shows in my history as 'did not finish' (DNF) for some of my matches; so the game interprets my losing connection with the server as a quit? That sucks.

My latest game kicked me because of a fireteam change, and then I got banned.

EDIT: It told me how long within the ban message. Not sure about anywhere else.
POOFmagic7 wrote:
gotta love the first time i signed in today I've been banned for 6 hours and haven't even played an arena game yet. figure it the **** out......cant even play a game i paid 120$ for because who wants to play Warzone Its just SH*T
Is this a bad time to point out the more than 10 DNFs within the past week?

8/2 - Infection on Drillsite
8/2 - FFA on Coliseum
8/2 - Infection on The Crypt
8/2 - Doubles on Overgrowth
7/29 - Doubles on Cobalt
7/29 - Super Fiesta on Torque
7/29 - BTB on Boulevard
7/28 - Super Fiesta on Fathom
7/28 - Breakout on Altitude
7/28 - Doubles on Optic Prison
7/28 - Doubles on Cobalt
i don't leave games half of those games after the game is done i get the connection lost msg even tho i finished the game
i couldn't give two f*** if a player leaves my team i welcome the challenge 343 needs to figure it the f*** out.. can't tell you how many times i just finished a game and it sais connection lost and i get banned even tho i just finished the game
I was just playing halo 5 and my game lagged and forced me out, just once. And I immediately got a 10 hour ban. I just want to say that's bull, not to mention the lack of appeals process for these bans is just not fair
This is so irritating. Kept getting disconnected. Pretty much at all points of the game. The more recent have been right when the game starts. I've even been dropped into the middle of another game, only to lose connection at get kicked out. Thought it was on my end, but I'm good. And as I can see through this thread, I'm not the only one.
I keep finishing my games till the very end and when the screen turns black it'll say "connection lost. As a result I now have a god damn 2 day ban!!!! Wtf! I've been a long time Halo player ever since CE and I have not been more frustrated with any of the games until now! Thanks 343 for making me not want to play halo because of your crapy servers and bs ban hammers. Now please fix this garbage.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not promote cheating or griefing.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Ok so I fell of that dumb cliff map with the bad gravity lifts and get kicked from the game for "unatural selection", fine. Play the next game of SWAT, game disconnects and ban? I bought the game yesterday and get banned after 10 games! Is there a way to appeal or get un banned? I've played every Halo multiplayer and haven't seen anyone, let alone myself get banned. Look at my service record and profile, this is just so dumb to get auto banned from knowing what jumps I can't make.
I left one game, that's it, and it banned me. I don't think that that is right, at all.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
My younger brother was playing on his account today and got kicked from a game because his controller died (couldn't get to batteries quick enough). What's weird is that he hasn't had a DNF since March. This is the exact game, for reference: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/476da704-a99c-4ebb-87a0-7367c882d272/players/vicinalmantis24?gameHistoryMatchIndex=108&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena

Can anyone explain what the heck is going on here? His ban was a short one (9 minutes), but as far as I can tell he hasn't done anything since he bought the game to deserve a ban. Also, does this mean that now he has the chance to get banned for much longer periods of time if a disconnect happens or we have another controller mishap? I read the front page of this thread, but I am still not sure if this means he has some sort of permanent record in Halo which is just going to result in longer bans down the road if he does happen to do something wrong. Does the system decrease the amount of time you are banned if you don't commit any offenses for a long time for instance?
KILLst31n wrote:
I left one game, that's it, and it banned me. I don't think that that is right, at all.
you can get banned for multiple reasons, and every DNF you receive adds up as well. the game is not a day by day basis on determining bans. the system does not reset either. someone could quit 15 games get multiple banns, leave not play for months play a few games then quit one game and receive another ban.

My younger brother was playing on his account today and got kicked from a game because his controller died (couldn't get to batteries quick enough). What's weird is that he hasn't had a DNF since March. This is the exact game, for reference: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/476da704-a99c-4ebb-87a0-7367c882d272/players/vicinalmantis24?gameHistoryMatchIndex=108&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena

Can anyone explain what the heck is going on here? His ban was a short one (9 minutes), but as far as I can tell he hasn't done anything since he bought the game to deserve a ban. Also, does this mean that now he has the chance to get banned for much longer periods of time if a disconnect happens or we have another controller mishap? I read the front page of this thread, but I am still not sure if this means he has some sort of permanent record in Halo which is just going to result in longer bans down the road if he does happen to do something wrong. Does the system decrease the amount of time you are banned if you don't commit any offenses for a long time for instance?
as mentioned, 9 mins is nothing to worry about but yes he could possibly receive longer bans in the future but another thing to consider is you get banned for more then just quitting games. betrayals and suicides dont really show up in the service record and accidental or not they add up as well
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
Ok so I fell of that dumb cliff map with the bad gravity lifts and get kicked from the game for "unatural selection", fine. Play the next game of SWAT, game disconnects and ban? I bought the game yesterday and get banned after 10 games! Is there a way to appeal or get un banned? I've played every Halo multiplayer and haven't seen anyone, let alone myself get banned. Look at my service record and profile, this is just so dumb to get auto banned from knowing what jumps I can't make.
Bans have been a thing for quite a while. Persistent suicides are considered a form of griefing (If you played every Halo game you remember the h3 derankers.) If you kill yourself enough times then you are kicked and may get banned. While I would say it is theoretically possible to kill yourself 3 or 4 times by accident I would assume it is very rare and the net had to be spread wide to catch the bad eggs.
I was just banned the other day for 8 mins and I do not team kill or quit and have been kicked out of a game due to server issue. I really don't understand why I was banned at all I always stay in game even if it's just me left.
i get banned every time i play breakout for a duration of a day or 2
I have that problem but the people dint say how I got banned
Libruh wrote:
I have that problem but they dint say how I got banned they said it was my internet but my internet is perfectly fine
POOFmagic7 wrote:
POOFmagic7 wrote:
gotta love the first time i signed in today I've been banned for 6 hours and haven't even played an arena game yet. figure it the **** out......cant even play a game i paid 120$ for because who wants to play Warzone Its just SH*T

8/2 - FFA on Coliseum
7/29 - Doubles on Cobalt
7/29 - BTB on Boulevard
7/28 - Doubles on Cobalt
i don't leave games half of those games after the game is done i get the connection lost msg even tho i finished the game
Why do u guess have to be mean and point out DNFs but u guess don't even know if poof magic lagged out
POOFmagic7 wrote:
POOFmagic7 wrote:

8/2 - FFA on Coliseum
7/29 - Doubles on Cobalt
7/29 - BTB on Boulevard
7/28 - Doubles on Cobalt
Why do u guess have to be mean and point out DNFs but u guess don't even know if poof magic lagged out
He wasn't being mean. He was pointing out why he was banned. It doesn't matter if he 'lagged out' or not. Every DNF counts towards the ban hammer and every DNF disrupts the game he was in.

I have that problem but the people dint say how I got banned
Libruh wrote:
I have that problem but they dint say how I got banned they said it was my internet but my internet is perfectly fine
You've been told several times why you were banned. You have 6 DNFS in your last 30 matches.

Libruh wrote:
You have 9 DNFS in your last 100 matches. That is why you were banned. If you finish your matches you will not be banned.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 127
  4. 128
  5. 129
  6. 130
  7. 131
  8. ...
  9. 288