Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

The official Halo 5 "Why was I banned?" thread

OP EvaWulf

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 128
  4. 129
  5. 130
  6. 131
  7. 132
  8. ...
  9. 311
The game crashes all the time mid game or i just get booted for no reasons, than i get banned it's stupid fix this why im i getting punished for something that's not my fault. Halo 2 never did this carp to me on the original xbox why can't you do the same on a Superior system makes no sense. Please stop banning for this reason
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.

Additionally, please refrain from posting remarks that are not appropriate for a Halo forum.


*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
How do you quit one game play a full game the next time and get banned the next it makes no sense and I'm not going to play a game that is a one side match same thing gos for Warzone it's like I'm playing with a bunch for -Yoinking!- idiots
DeLune1989 wrote:

Politics and religion are off limits as topics for obvious reasons.

The game crashes all the time mid game or i just get booted for no reasons, than i get banned it's stupid fix this why im i getting punished for something that's not my fault. Halo 2 never did this carp to me on the original xbox why can't you do the same on a Superior system makes no sense. Please stop banning for this reason
5 out of your last 10 were DNFS. If you are claiming that this wasn't you quitting, have a look at your connection. There are multiple threads about how to improve your connection. Try using the search bar at the top to find them.

How do you quit one game play a full game the next time and get banned the next it makes no sense and I'm not going to play a game that is a one side match same thing gos for Warzone it's like I'm playing with a bunch for -Yoinking!- idiots
It takes the system a while (usually the length of a match) to implement your ban. You were not banned for quitting a single match. You have DNFS for 7 out of your last 30 matches. Finish your matches and you won't get banned.
RastASmoker4200 . Why am I banned if the game had server problems one game knocked me out right at the end , I got to play another game till the end kicks me literally the end also I'm banned for 8 hrs when yesterday it happened again . Now I understand if you quit you should get banned but I didn't an I'm banned for that long bet soothing I can't control . Fix it or lessen my time or something cause I really didn't do NADA
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
DeLune1989 wrote:
343 has the right to determine what is posted on their forums. That includes the right to not allow political or religious stuff. You have no reason to assume someone was 'offended.' If you have questions about moderation decisions message one of the moderators as posting about moderation decisions is also against forum rules. This is also off-topic to the ban thread and site as a whole. I apologize I probably should have mentioned that in my first post, I just assumed you were already aware.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
So I quit a game of infection because I had to go to the washroom, which is understandable. But then after, I disconnected because I have crappy Rogers internet and I got a message saying I was banned for quitting. How does disconnecting because of bad internet result in a ban? This has happened so many times that my ban timer is at 3 hours now and I'm typing this waiting for my very unreasonable ban to be lifted. Its so unfair that I get banned for disconnecting, which was completely out of my control. I'm sure other people are experiencing this problem. 343 please fix this issue because I love Halo 5, but this banning thing is so frustrating. I've been so patient with this issue but now I can't stand it anymore, something has to be done to fix this. Getting disconnected SHOULD NOT be a reason for a ban.
You are responsible for maintaining a stable internet connection. 343 can't do anything about your internet.
I understand what you mean, I wrote that post in the heat of the moment as I was extremely frustrated at the time. But don't you think that banning due to one disconnection is inappropriate? Surely 343 understands that not everyone has good internet and disconnections can happen even with good internet. I bring this up because a know plenty of people with this issue.
I was banned for finishing a infection and I did pretty good got 39 kills and a killionaire and I don't quit well except when the servers say they didn't work, anyway banned for 3 days yayy!!!! I guess.
Just got banned from arena for 5 minutes. Then played warzone assault. (I did finish the game) Then got arena banned for 30 minutes again without even stepping into the arena menu. Why? For those of you who want to say that the ban took a while to happen I got banned justly for 5 minutes. I admit that. However a second ban right after the first without any cause is my frustration.
DUBSnUP420 wrote:
RastASmoker4200 . Why am I banned if the game had server problems one game knocked me out right at the end , I got to play another game till the end kicks me literally the end also I'm banned for 8 hrs when yesterday it happened again . Now I understand if you quit you should get banned but I didn't an I'm banned for that long bet soothing I can't control . Fix it or lessen my time or something cause I really didn't do NADA
Again you are not banned for 1 DNF. 3 out of your last 10 were DNFS alone. If you are truly losing connection at this rate you should look to improve your connection. There are several threads devoted to this which you can find with the search feature.
So I quit a game of infection because I had to go to the washroom, which is understandable. But then after, I disconnected because I have crappy Rogers internet and I got a message saying I was banned for quitting. How does disconnecting because of bad internet result in a ban? This has happened so many times that my ban timer is at 3 hours now and I'm typing this waiting for my very unreasonable ban to be lifted. Its so unfair that I get banned for disconnecting, which was completely out of my control. I'm sure other people are experiencing this problem. 343 please fix this issue because I love Halo 5, but this banning thing is so frustrating. I've been so patient with this issue but now I can't stand it anymore, something has to be done to fix this. Getting disconnected SHOULD NOT be a reason for a ban.
You are responsible for maintaining a stable internet connection. 343 can't do anything about your internet.
I understand what you mean, I wrote that post in the heat of the moment as I was extremely frustrated at the time. But don't you think that banning due to one disconnection is inappropriate? Surely 343 understands that not everyone has good internet and disconnections can happen even with good internet. I bring this up because a know plenty of people with this issue.
You were not banned for one disconnection, 4 out of the 30 matches including and prior to your last DNF.

DeLune1989 wrote:
DeLune1989 wrote:
DeLune1989 wrote:
Politics and religion are off limits as topics for obvious reasons.

The game crashes all the time mid game or i just get booted for no reasons, than i get banned it's stupid fix this why im i getting punished for something that's not my fault. Halo 2 never did this carp to me on the original xbox why can't you do the same on a Superior system makes no sense. Please stop banning for this reason
5 out of your last 10 were DNFS. If you are claiming that this wasn't you quitting, have a look at your connection. There are multiple threads about how to improve your connection. Try using the search bar at the top to find them.

How do you quit one game play a full game the next time and get banned the next it makes no sense and I'm not going to play a game that is a one side match same thing gos for Warzone it's like I'm playing with a bunch for -Yoinking!- idiots
It takes the system a while (usually the length of a match) to implement your ban. You were not banned for quitting a single match. You have DNFS for 7 out of your last 30 matches. Finish your matches and you won't get banned.
Ill be done after this response. So I have no problem if 343 wants to disallow "political" or religious stuff. My issue was taken with the definition of political. The only reason I could see banning those topics would be in the attempt to avoid Offending anyone thats why i chose that word and went on a little further. Please understand my frustration. I just don't understand how such simple things are being considered negative or inappropriate I was shocked to see that the name of a politician and a quote given in reference to a issue regarding Halo 5 could be interpreted as political. I will message all future issues with moderation at said moderators. I was aware that issues like profanity and issues of race sex and religion would be considered taboo and inappropriate for a forum about gaming, however I was unaware to the extent of which things would be labeled as such. As far as it being off topic, your correct its not specifically about being banned however it was in response to a redacted post in this thread. Finally, my issue is with the inconsistent use of such moderation and the implications of that, meaning is it a conscious double standard or lack of a functioning system in place? I don't see how what Im saying can do 343,myself, or any other viewer of the forums any harm but, this will be my last post on here regarding the topic I've been discussing.
Again if you have issues with the moderation, message one of the moderators. If you don't know who they are Stckrboy, Thy Reaper MC, David J. Cobb, Viper Skills, Ka Five, Wulfulwood Sins (His was the first post in this thread), Snickerdoodle, all come to mind. I think I missed a few, but I'm sure one of them would be equipped to answer your questions. I can think of several reasons besides 'offense' that would cause 343 to ban political discussion ranging from lack of desire to start a flame war, lack of desire to be associated with any political candidate, the fact that it is off-topic to the forum and would thus take away from the discussion of Halo as our conversation demonstrates, and a few others. However, I can understand that 343 doesn't want people to be offended when they come to the Halo message boards as well and has every right to block discussion for those reasons. The reason for the rule is irrelevant as long as it is in place, this is a hosted forum and they can make whatever rules they like.

I was banned for finishing a infection and I did pretty good got 39 kills and a killionaire and I don't quit well except when the servers say they didn't work, anyway banned for 3 days yayy!!!! I guess.
You were not banned for finishing a match. It takes the system a short time (usually one match) to catch up and start your ban. 4 out of your last 10 matches were DNFS finish your matches and you won't get banned.

Just got banned from arena for 5 minutes. Then played warzone assault. (I did finish the game) Then got arena banned for 30 minutes again without even stepping into the arena menu. Why? For those of you who want to say that the ban took a while to happen I got banned justly for 5 minutes. I admit that. However a second ban right after the first without any cause is my frustration.
3 out of your last 10 matches were DNFS. You seem to average 1 in 10 before that. I would say since you failed to finish the match that you would normally have received your ban after the system increased the length of your ban (but this is only conjecture on my part.)
I mean i am directly connected to my modem with an ethernet cable that is 2 feet long and i have a connection of 65 mbps with a ping of 6 so i dont have bad connection but only in this game i lose connection to the servers and get booted or the game just crashes and im not the only one like this.
Quote:
Comedyshermit
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I joined some guy who invited me and it said it was waiting for the game to end before I could join and play, so I joined someone else and I realized I had been banned, I had messed around earlier that night and killed my teammate once because he was being annoying in a game, but I was still confused, I hadn't done anything too major. I was only banned for 5 minutes, which is no biggie, but a bit harsh, for leaving a game I wasn't in
I got banned 2 days ago by a forced xbox one update.
Now I'm banned for quitting a game once because my other teamate quitted and yeah it was strongholds and it's unfair with just 3 guys in the team.
Why am I banned for just quitting once?
I joined some guy who invited me and it said it was waiting for the game to end before I could join and play, so I joined someone else and I realized I had been banned, I had messed around earlier that night and killed my teammate once because he was being annoying in a game, but I was still confused, I hadn't done anything too major. I was only banned for 5 minutes, which is no biggie, but a bit harsh, for leaving a game I wasn't in
please don't complain about an unfair ban when you clearly committed an unfair act. thats just like going to tell your mom sally hit you because you hit her. folks please use reasonable common sense when reporting an unfair ban. as much as I want 343 to do something about the ban hammer, comments like yours will ultimately hurt the cause. if you were being a little mischievous and got banned, stop whining and leave this thread for legitimate complaints.
Ok banned again because somehow I got forced out of a game?
now I have to wait for 39 min
I mean i am directly connected to my modem with an ethernet cable that is 2 feet long and i have a connection of 65 mbps with a ping of 6 so i dont have bad connection but only in this game i lose connection to the servers and get booted or the game just crashes and im not the only one like this.
Quote:
Comedyshermit
In the future either tag me or actually quote me if you want my attention, please. I've had a handful of disconnects since launch and I live in a fairly rural area. I certainly have not had a number of disconnects equivalent to 4 out of thirty matches. As I said if you believe that those were all disconnects and not quits, then I would work to resolve that problem. There are many threads that relate to improving your connection to the servers. There are many things you can do. You say you have a wired connection. You should make sure the port you are using is the best option, make sure your nat is open, make sure that you aren't experiencing issues on your connection that are transitory. As I said there are many threads on this topic with people who offer better solutions than I could in this case.

The ban hammer is an f****** joke. The lag gets so bad that the only option is to quit. Why would I want to sit through an entire match and not be able to shoot or kill? I mean come on, I quit once and every great while and I still get the ban hammer. Very frustrating and annoying. Good riddance
Since you are using an alternate account to the one you are playing on I have no way to help you.

I joined some guy who invited me and it said it was waiting for the game to end before I could join and play, so I joined someone else and I realized I had been banned, I had messed around earlier that night and killed my teammate once because he was being annoying in a game, but I was still confused, I hadn't done anything too major. I was only banned for 5 minutes, which is no biggie, but a bit harsh, for leaving a game I wasn't in
2 out of your last 10 matches were DNFS. When you can no longer back out of the search pattern you are 'in the game.' As long as you finish your matches, don't betray, or afk you won't get banned.

I got banned 2 days ago by a forced xbox one update.
Now I'm banned for quitting a game once because my other teamate quitted and yeah it was strongholds and it's unfair with just 3 guys in the team.
Why am I banned for just quitting once?
3 out of your last 30 matches are DNFS and I am discounting your custom matches.
i say they should get rid of the ban hammer, i mean, all its doing is making people even more frustrated, and because of where i live, i can loose connection to the game, and it always happens while playing swat, BTB, infection, and slayer... and it seems lots of people are also having trouble with that, so i say they should just get rid of it... its pointless...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 128
  4. 129
  5. 130
  6. 131
  7. 132
  8. ...
  9. 311