2. ...
  3. 129
  4. 130
  5. 131
  6. 132
  7. 133
  8. ...
  9. 310
Will being disconnected by lagging out of a game cause a ban, or count against me, aside from losing whatever XP or RP boost I had used?
yea, it used to happen with my crappy--Yoink- internet, and it still sometimes happens to me.
I quit out of 1 game after 36 successfully completed games over 22 hours and I got banned for 17 hours!!!!!!

This is completely unacceptable. I play fair and respectfully and generally don't quit. When I'm deciding between COD and Halo for my next game, this will be a definite consideration!

WTF!!!???
Does anyone at 343 ever take a sample size of DNFs and review them to see why they may have quit? Im just curious because for a while I was quitting whenever I got really bad lag or if I got put on a team with one other person in a ranked playlist. I was fully aware id be banned and didn't act surprised when it happened, It was my way of protesting I guess but it ended up being not worth it cause nothing changed and I haven't really got any answers from anyone as to potential solutions that 343 is taking. So when I say
" I quit because Im in a ranked playlist and my teams kills aren't counting or our headshots are delayed in Swat etc etc." Does 343 ever look into that or do they just blanket ban everyone and not do any research or studies on the issue? Im sure they are super busy supporting the game and putting out awesome free content Im just curious if anything is ever looked into regarding this. I think there is a big difference between quitting soley because I don't want to lose, versus quitting because Im not losing a ranked match on unfair terms.
DeLune1989 wrote:
Does anyone at 343 ever take a sample size of DNFs and review them to see why they may have quit? Im just curious because for a while I was quitting whenever I got really bad lag or if I got put on a team with one other person in a ranked playlist. I was fully aware id be banned and didn't act surprised when it happened, It was my way of protesting I guess but it ended up being not worth it cause nothing changed and I haven't really got any answers from anyone as to potential solutions that 343 is taking. So when I say
" I quit because Im in a ranked playlist and my teams kills aren't counting or our headshots are delayed in Swat etc etc." Does 343 ever look into that or do they just blanket ban everyone and not do any research or studies on the issue? Im sure they are super busy supporting the game and putting out awesome free content Im just curious if anything is ever looked into regarding this. I think there is a big difference between quitting soley because I don't want to lose, versus quitting because Im not losing a ranked match on unfair terms.
Also I have recorded some excellent clips of Kills not counting and strange lag kicking in and out during matches and other things. Im going to put a compilation together and see if anyone at 343 is interested in seeing it if they don't believe me.
I quit out of 1 game after 36 successfully completed games over 22 hours and I got banned for 17 hours!!!!!!

This is completely unacceptable. I play fair and respectfully and generally don't quit. When I'm deciding between COD and Halo for my next game, this will be a definite consideration!

WTF!!!???
I see 3 DNFs on the 7th and 6 DNFs on the 6th. Almost every single one of those quits was while you were going negative, outside of that Warzone Firefight match (for obvious reasons).

So something seems wrong here.
NCLocken wrote:
i say they should get rid of the ban hammer, i mean, all its doing is making people even more frustrated, and because of where i live, i can loose connection to the game, and it always happens while playing swat, BTB, infection, and slayer... and it seems lots of people are also having trouble with that, so i say they should just get rid of it... its pointless...
I can agree with that, partly.

They should make it so that anyone who'd qualify for a ban gets flagged, and then flagged players would only match against each other. With abuse prevention methods implemented to prevent players from abusing the system, like not tracking any stats at all, reduced or even no rewards at all (no xp, no RP and no Commendation progress).
Naqser wrote:
NCLocken wrote:
i say they should get rid of the ban hammer, i mean, all its doing is making people even more frustrated, and because of where i live, i can loose connection to the game, and it always happens while playing swat, BTB, infection, and slayer... and it seems lots of people are also having trouble with that, so i say they should just get rid of it... its pointless...
I can agree with that, partly.

They should make it so that anyone who'd qualify for a ban gets flagged, and then flagged players would only match against each other. With abuse prevention methods implemented to prevent players from abusing the system, like not tracking any stats at all, reduced or even no rewards at all (no xp, no RP and no Commendation progress).
Ok... I would only say not no xp or RP, but just absolute minimal... I mean, I'm a busy person, so sometimes I have to leave games, but I just don't want to leave for work, get flagged and then not get any req points, but I would at least get minimal xp/RP
NCLocken wrote:
Naqser wrote:
NCLocken wrote:
Ok... I would only say not no xp or RP, but just absolute minimal... I mean, I'm a busy person, so sometimes I have to leave games, but I just don't want to leave for work, get flagged and then not get any req points, but I would at least get minimal xp/RP
Or you could just not play a match when you were likely to have to leave before it was finished. The idea behind having a system that punishes quitters is to reduce bad behavior and make the game more enjoyable for the rest of us. So how about a system where if you quit, you are subject to be banned and upon your return you cannot earn XP/RP for a long periods as well. Harsher punishment = more incentive to show consideration for the people you'd be playing with.

DeLune1989 wrote:
DeLune1989 wrote:
Also I have recorded some excellent clips of Kills not counting and strange lag kicking in and out during matches and other things. Im going to put a compilation together and see if anyone at 343 is interested in seeing it if they don't believe me.
The system is automated. The reason people quit is irrelevant. They were up front about the ban policies even before the game was released. If the reason counted people would just claim it was the reason they felt would give them the most sympathy.Lag/Latency is the bugbear of online gaming. I've seen it blamed for more matches where someone performed badly, than anything else. While lag is a thing, it is often used as a scapegoat for just having a bad game. You cannot tell why people leave from game footage.
The ban system for unranked arena matches/warzone is the absolute worst system to be implemented in online gaming to date. It is a pretty big joke that I pay 60 a year for live and paid your salary, but you ban me... If I had known this was a thing, I would not have purchased your game, and ended my support of the halo franchise. I finish a game and take a phone call and get banned. Quit a triple team slayer game because it is the most poorly thought out, garbage playlist imaginable, with spawns that could make the Dali Lama punch a hole in the wall, and get banned for it. I'm in a fire team that starts a game without asking and have to leave, and I get banned. I remember a whole bunch of problems in halo 2, but people quitting wasnt one of them. I lag all the time, and rec services dont work... But I get banned when I have a life outside of your game? Get real.
Is something wrong with the Halo 5 servers or something? I've been playing nearly daily since the game launched in October 2015. Not once had I ever been disconnected from a match (and, just to be clear, I have never quit a match, ever, not even when it was 1 vs. 4), but in the past few weeks I've been booted mid-match with a "You left your Fireteam" error message (never mind that I wasn't in a Fireteam) at least ten times. This is a recent phenomenon and it is not the fault of my ISP as my Internet has never gone down, and so surely must be Halo 5 server issues. Nevertheless, I've now been banned twice in the past few weeks, which is asinine. If 343i cannot distinguish between DNF's caused by them vs. DNF's caused by the player, then they should not be banning anyone.

Having said that, DNFs are still plaguing Arena gameplay, and clearly 343i's poorly thought-out solution of banning is both unethical and ineffective. They need to let us re-join matches we get disconnected from (and not penalize us for it), or implement JIP, which is a much better solution than the lopsided 1v4, 2v4, and 3v4 matches that have plagued the game since Day One.
So I was banned form arena for 30 minutes for quitting two separate games, which I understood. What I don't understand is that I was playing warzone to wait for the ban to be lifted. Then I finish one last warzone match and leave to go play arena, and out of nowhere I get the banhammer for 22 hours. I don't get it. I was playing warzone then I get banned from arena for 22 hours for no reason. If I did something wrong that I don't know about, can somebody please tell me?
So I was banned form arena for 30 minutes for quitting two separate games, which I understood. What I don't understand is that I was playing warzone to wait for the ban to be lifted. Then I finish one last warzone match and leave to go play arena, and out of nowhere I get the banhammer for 22 hours. I don't get it. I was playing warzone then I get banned from arena for 22 hours for no reason. If I did something wrong that I don't know about, can somebody please tell me?
What could be the case is that the penultimate Arena DNF caused the 30 min ban, and the one after that triggered the 22 hour ban. Since the banhammer typically runs one game behind, it might have taken an extra game or two for the hammer to kick in fully based on your most recent Arena DNFs. Not sure. It also would have helped if you did any betraying during your Warzone play. Again, not sure what exactly could have cause it, just throwing out ideas. A 22 hour ban suggests that you've gotten banned before; I'd suggest changing how you play to ensure you don't break the matchmaking rules.
Chimera30 wrote:
What could be the case is that the penultimate Arena DNF caused the 30 min ban, and the one after that triggered the 22 hour ban. Since the banhammer typically runs one game behind, it might have taken an extra game or two for the hammer to kick in fully based on your most recent Arena DNFs. Not sure. It also would have helped if you did any betraying during your Warzone play. Again, not sure what exactly could have cause it, just throwing out ideas. A 22 hour ban suggests that you've gotten banned before; I'd suggest changing how you play to ensure you don't break the matchmaking rules.
I have gotten banned before, but on about the same circumstances. I may disconnect from a match due to network issues, though there have been 3 or 4 cases where I finished the match and just got banned. I've never gotten banned on warzone before, and I may accidentally hit one person while driving around, but I don't continuously do it. On one of the matches before I got banned I did accidentally kill one of my teammates by shooting an explosive object and he was around. I don't know what could have caused it, but I'll look out for the things you suggested and make sure I steer clear of doing that. Thanks for the help and if anything I said clarifies the problem please tell me. Thank you again.
coip wrote:
Is something wrong with the Halo 5 servers or something? I've been playing nearly daily since the game launched in October 2015. Not once had I ever been disconnected from a match (and, just to be clear, I have never quit a match, ever, not even when it was 1 vs. 4), but in the past few weeks I've been booted mid-match with a "You left your Fireteam" error message (never mind that I wasn't in a Fireteam) at least ten times. This is a recent phenomenon and it is not the fault of my ISP as my Internet has never gone down, and so surely must be Halo 5 server issues. Nevertheless, I've now been banned twice in the past few weeks, which is asinine. If 343i cannot distinguish between DNF's caused by them vs. DNF's caused by the player, then they should not be banning anyone.

Having said that, DNFs are still plaguing Arena gameplay, and clearly 343i's poorly thought-out solution of banning is both unethical and ineffective. They need to let us re-join matches we get disconnected from (and not penalize us for it), or implement JIP, which is a much better solution than the lopsided 1v4, 2v4, and 3v4 matches that have plagued the game since Day One.
Letting a player re-join matches is good in the short term, but can lead to abuse if not done correctly.

Join in Progress in a ranked playlist is a bad idea in general, and part of the reason why Halo 4 failed so badly.

No one wants to join a losing match, and it's hard to keep a rank of something you didn't or barely influenced.
So i'm not going to go on a massive rant like a child like I did last time. I'm just going to say my piece. I keep getting banned after the match is over and it just not fair. I have a clip that i'm going to link below showcasing my issue. This has happened many times and I don't know why. I have no problems with any other game. No connection issues at all. Just Halo 5.

http://xboxclips.com/anime+freak+me/c5c447bf-189f-4bd7-ba6f-3f3faaff4642

If anyone looks at the video in the link above, please watch till the end. That's when the issue happens for no reason whatsoever. This has happened on several occasions.
Every game I play, at the very end of the match, I get a "Lost connection to servers." error message right before it sends me to the main menu. This has resulted in an 8 hour ban.

Yes, I have quit a few matches and have gotten banned previously. However, I learned my lesson and stopped quitting matches. Now I am getting banned every time I play, because of this stupid server issue.

Please unban me or I will have to get a refund. I didn't buy this game just to get wrongfully banned for hours on end.
So i'm not going to go on a massive rant like a child like I did last time. I'm just going to say my piece. I keep getting banned after the match is over and it just not fair. I have a clip that i'm going to link below showcasing my issue. This has happened many times and I don't know why. I have no problems with any other game. No connection issues at all. Just Halo 5.

If anyone looks at the video in the link above, please watch till the end. That's when the issue happens for no reason whatsoever. This has happened on several occasions.
Cross referencing your video with your game history shows that the video is of this game you played. Your history indicates that this game was completed (indicated by "Defeat" instead of "DNF"). What that suggests is that the connection loss you experienced was not an actual connection issue, but the banhammer kicking in for previous DNFs that you have on your record (this and this). The banhammer runs 1-2 games behind, so rather than kick in right after the game you quit, it kicks in after the next game, even if you finish that one. This appears to be what you are experiencing. The solution to this is to 1) stop quitting, or 2) troubleshoot your connect if you are experiencing internet issues that cause you to continually DNF.
Every game I play, at the very end of the match, I get a "Lost connection to servers." error message right before it sends me to the main menu. This has resulted in an 8 hour ban.

Yes, I have quit a few matches and have gotten banned previously. However, I learned my lesson and stopped quitting matches. Now I am getting banned every time I play, because of this stupid server issue.

Please unban me or I will have to get a refund. I didn't buy this game just to get wrongfully banned for hours on end.
As I said for the poster above you, you aren't actually losing connection from the game; the banhammer is kicking in for previous DNFs, but it runs 1-2 games behind you. You have several DNFs across your recent Arena and Warzone history; this is what is causing your bans. It's just that since the banhammer is late in kicking in, it allows you to play an extra game or 2 before it hits you, but even if you don't quit those games, it still activates for the DNFs you did before. You confusion is probably stemming from the fact that, when you quit a game, the banhammer didn't kick in immediately, and the fact you were able to continue playing made you think that you got off scott free. This isn't the case. The "connection lost" you experience after completing a game isn't an actual disconnect, but rather the banhammer finally kicking in. It was just late.
Edit: also, you likely won't be able to get a refund for getting banned. If you recently purchased the game from a retailer like Gamestop, you may be able to return the game for store credit or exchange it. But if you bought it digitally or bought it awhile ago, a full refund is out of the question. And you won't get any money from 343i, because 1) they didn't sell you the game, and 2) you have no case for which you deserve a refund.
Chimera30 wrote:

Cross referencing your video with your game history shows that the video is of this game you played. Your history indicates that this game was completed (indicated by "Defeat" instead of "DNF"). What that suggests is that the connection loss you experienced was not an actual connection issue, but the banhammer kicking in for previous DNFs that you have on your record (this and this). The banhammer runs 1-2 games behind, so rather than kick in right after the game you quit, it kicks in after the next game, even if you finish that one. This appears to be what you are experiencing. The solution to this is to 1) stop quitting, or 2) troubleshoot your connect if you are experiencing internet issues that cause you to continually DNF.

As I said for the poster above you, you aren't actually losing connection from the game; the banhammer is kicking in for previous DNFs, but it runs 1-2 games behind you. You have several DNFs across your recent Arena and Warzone history; this is what is causing your bans. It's just that since the banhammer is late in kicking in, it allows you to play an extra game or 2 before it hits you, but even if you don't quit those games, it still activates for the DNFs you did before. You confusion is probably stemming from the fact that, when you quit a game, the banhammer didn't kick in immediately, and the fact you were able to continue playing made you think that you got off scott free. This isn't the case. The "connection lost" you experience after completing a game isn't an actual disconnect, but rather the banhammer finally kicking in. It was just late.
Edit: also, you likely won't be able to get a refund for getting banned. If you recently purchased the game from a retailer like Gamestop, you may be able to return the game for store credit or exchange it. But if you bought it digitally or bought it awhile ago, a full refund is out of the question. And you won't get any money from 343i, because 1) they didn't sell you the game, and 2) you have no case for which you deserve a refund.
-Yoink-
NCLocken wrote:
Naqser wrote:
NCLocken wrote:
Or you could just not play a match when you were likely to have to leave before it was finished. The idea behind having a system that punishes quitters is to reduce bad behavior and make the game more enjoyable for the rest of us. So how about a system where if you quit, you are subject to be banned and upon your return you cannot earn XP/RP for a long periods as well. Harsher punishment = more incentive to show consideration for the people you'd be playing with.

DeLune1989 wrote:
DeLune1989 wrote:
The system is automated. The reason people quit is irrelevant. They were up front about the ban policies even before the game was released. If the reason counted people would just claim it was the reason they felt would give them the most sympathy.Lag/Latency is the bugbear of online gaming. I've seen it blamed for more matches where someone performed badly, than anything else. While lag is a thing, it is often used as a scapegoat for just having a bad game. You cannot tell why people leave from game footage.
So your right people blame a bad match on stuff... thats obvious that wasn't the point of what i was saying at all. I specifically said I knew what I was doing and I knew id get banned temporarily. However , and I say this with the utmost respect, you are completely wrong about not being able to tell why someone left from viewing footage. For example If I say " Wow, i just got put on 3 teams of 2 people 3 times in a row, if this happens again I'm going to quit, and then low and behold that happens, and i quit well i guess that wold add up. Now if someone says thats bull and I say heres the footage for it, that would pretty much prove my case. Im not saying its the best avenue to take but when no solutions can be found otherwise what do i have to lose? Also the reason people quit is not irrelevant. its one thing to have a bad connection once and a while, its another thing altogether when a crazy amount of lag/server related garbage is going on. Despite me wanting to have the best match ettiequte possible, I also have a set time to play and sometimes it gets to the point its better to risk getting banned for a while then to have to sit through another hideous match. Im sorry but there is a HUGE difference between someone quitting cause they are losing cause they have a bad match,or someone quitting because they keep getting crap connections and terrible matchmaking. I still come back and play cause I love halo. Are you suggesting i should just not play at all if i have issues with certain aspects of the game,and or have issues with the way I'm expected to deal with them? Banning shouldn't be this arbitrary rule that just gets enforced by a robot. I guess everything is black and white on here and there is no grey area. I wish that was the case with matchmaking all the time. Id rather have to wait to get into a clean match,as opposed to getting into one thats unplayable. Overall its not the end of the world, i just don't understand why people get so mad at someone for quitting a ranked match but no one gets as mad when someone loses a ranked match or loses a contest because of those issues. I guess if you could look at the footage and see if my score was 1 for 35 you'd know I was quitting cause i was a sore loser.
Hi,

I have had a problem recently where every time i sign on to halo 5: guardians, the ban hammer popup screen comes up and says I'm banned. I have done nothing wrong and this keeps happening. First the problems started when i would finish a game to completion and then it would glitch out and kick me from the game which resulted in the game thinking i quit the match. This is a problem because if you quit a match then it bans you, yet i did not voluntarily quit the match. This should be fixed because i play fairly and don't think i should be banned for something that the game did on its own.

P.S. It wasn't so bad at first because it would only ban me for a few minutes, but now, as of today, 8/8/16 at 11:21 PM, i have been banned for 1 day 18 hours and 50 something minutes.

THIS IS NOT FAIR... FIX THIS!!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 129
  4. 130
  5. 131
  6. 132
  7. 133
  8. ...
  9. 310