3. 130
  4. 131
  5. 132
  6. 133
  7. 134
  8. ...
  9. 311
Hi,

I have had a problem recently where every time i sign on to halo 5: guardians, the ban hammer popup screen comes up and says I'm banned. I have done nothing wrong and this keeps happening. First the problems started when i would finish a game to completion and then it would glitch out and kick me from the game which resulted in the game thinking i quit the match. This is a problem because if you quit a match then it bans you, yet i did not voluntarily quit the match. This should be fixed because i play fairly and don't think i should be banned for something that the game did on its own.

P.S. It wasn't so bad at first because it would only ban me for a few minutes, but now, as of today, 8/8/16 at 11:21 PM, i have been banned for 1 day 18 hours and 50 something minutes.

THIS IS NOT FAIR... FIX THIS!!!
Because you've had 8 DNFs within the last week.

Your very last match was a DNF, and the game told you later that you were banned.

If you happen to disconnect, you would still be liable for a ban, something that 343i said woul happen, and gives the same problems as quitting.
Hi,

I have had a problem recently where every time i sign on to halo 5: guardians, the ban hammer popup screen comes up and says I'm banned. I have done nothing wrong and this keeps happening. First the problems started when i would finish a game to completion and then it would glitch out and kick me from the game which resulted in the game thinking i quit the match. This is a problem because if you quit a match then it bans you, yet i did not voluntarily quit the match. This should be fixed because i play fairly and don't think i should be banned for something that the game did on its own.

P.S. It wasn't so bad at first because it would only ban me for a few minutes, but now, as of today, 8/8/16 at 11:21 PM, i have been banned for 1 day 18 hours and 50 something minutes.

THIS IS NOT FAIR... FIX THIS!!!
In addition to what Wild Vegetable already said, it is also worth mentioning that the disconnects you experience aren't the game glitching. It's the banhammer kicking in for the previous DNFs you had. The banhammer just runs late, so it seems like a glitch because you can quit and not get immediately banned, but then finish your next game and then the ban kicks in. But it actually isn't a glitch, it's just a late banhammer.
In your case, your recent history suggests that whenever you quit a game, you actually turn off the game for awhile. Note that this doesn't prevent the ban; the ban will still kick in the next time you sign on, as it appears you have already experienced.
I just finished a game where I won and I got banned for 19 hours...WTF kind of -Yoink- is this? I havent left a game in over 2 days and thats because I lagged out. You guys are terrible
I was banned for 23 hours! and it kicked me out of the game!!
Banhammer!
I just finished a game where I won and I got banned for 19 hours...WTF kind of -Yoink- is this? I havent left a game in over 2 days and thats because I lagged out. You guys are terrible
Your last match was a DNF. You had one yesterday and the day before as well. You were not banned for finishing a game, you were banned for failing to finish an multiple earlier ones. It takes the system a period of time to catch-up and implement your ban. Finish your matches and you won't get banned.

Capri9760 wrote:
I was banned for 23 hours! and it kicked me out of the game!!
You have 27 DNFS (discounting your customs) with 128 games played (including customs).

Banhammer!
Praise be to the ban hammer! May it strike fear into the hearts of the quitters, afkers, and griefers.
I got banned because the servers are garbage. but there are still other ways to get banned like killing your own team mates. But still please 343 studios fix your servers so we don't get banned for losing connection or make it so that it can detect that you lost connection and you wont get banned.
Xenowulf wrote:
I got banned because the servers are garbage. but there are still other ways to get banned like killing your own team mates. But still please 343 studios fix your servers so we don't get banned for losing connection or make it so that it can detect that you lost connection and you wont get banned.
The system can detect that you have lost connection. It cannot determine why you lost connection. If the ban hammer makes exceptions for that people would just pull their power cords/turn off their routers or take some other means to force a disconnect in order to avoid the consequence of their actions. The net has to be cast wide in order to catch all the bad eggs.

If you are losing connection often enough that you are getting banned use the search feature at the top to find threads about improving your connection. There are plenty of threads on the subject and you can find advice that will reduce the chance of you losing connection in the future.
I finished my game, but the screen was blue and hazy, however I was able to get to my postage carnage stats, which means the game was over and completed. Why was I banned when I quit the game on my Xbox One dashboard when the game was completed and I wasn't able to join a game due to some Halo related issue that wasn't due to my fault at all. And I got banned. This isn't just a one off either, either I disconnect from a game (and Halo 5 is the only game I disconnect from) and I am currently banned for 23+ hours due to the frequency of this issue that isn't my fault. I love Halo, played it for over a decade. Why is this occurring when it isn't my fault and I've taken every precaution, paid more for better internet connection and have anxiety of my game messing up and me being banned for days at a time. Please help if you can, because this is just frustrating, I can't play with my friends and it's incredibly upsetting. And an FWI, I left one game today, however played about 6 or so games today. I understand the ban hammer is late and what not, however any other DNF's I've had, with the exception of maybe Three or so in the past week (played many games) the others are disconnects and not my fault.
HALOfanJOE wrote:
I finished my game, but the screen was blue and hazy, however I was able to get to my postage carnage stats, which means the game was over and completed. Why was I banned when I quit the game on my Xbox One dashboard when the game was completed and I wasn't able to join a game due to some Halo related issue that wasn't due to my fault at all. And I got banned. This isn't just a one off either, either I disconnect from a game (and Halo 5 is the only game I disconnect from) and I am currently banned for 23+ hours due to the frequency of this issue that isn't my fault. I love Halo, played it for over a decade. Why is this occurring when it isn't my fault and I've taken every precaution, paid more for better internet connection and have anxiety of my game messing up and me being banned for days at a time. Please help if you can, because this is just frustrating, I can't play with my friends and it's incredibly upsetting.
Judging from your game history, it looks like you are experiencing the "late banhammer"; that is, the ban you're getting for your DNFs is kicking in after you complete your next game, instead of kicking in immediately when you DNF.
If you think that there is something wrong with the banhammer in your case, please try to capture video evidence of your next ban. Or, you know, take steps to ensure that the bans don't keep happening (i.e. stop quitting or troubleshoot your internet connection).
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
if Memory wrote:
You might have just explained why you don't have a team to play with.
if Memory wrote:
You might have just explained why you don't have a team to play with.
Exactly.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I was banned last night, was playing in a party with 2 people. I don't actively do anything that would warrant a ban as I play a ton of halo (see sr) and want to continue. I was searching, we found a game, and then I lagged out. My brother said he got a notification I signed in right before it happened. So maybe an issue with xbl. After that I got the notification of being banned. What? Please fix the ban system cause I've got banned 2 or 3 times in over 16 days of actively playing arena and don't want it to happen any longer.
Why did you guys have to make it so that you cannot frequently leave games or else you'll get banned? A little kid in arena was complaining, so I asked him why he was whining, and he was complaining about the fact that he was banned from playing warzone because he has a bedtime and he could not finish the match and his mum made him get off. What will you guys do about the younger part of the "Halo" community?
if Memory wrote:
Is it really too hard to understand quitting = bans? It doesn't matter why you quit.
if Memory wrote:
It's pathetic, really. The quit ban is the most desperate attempt at false control, it's not even funny. Your matchmaking is absolutely atrocious. So, you can't give me a teammate with a decent mic, so instead I have to settle for some reject who holds forward. It's hard to progress in this game because of the -Yoink- you enforce with your -Yoink- systems. -Yoink- you 343, you're not getting anymore money out of me. You pansy -Yoink- cupcakes.
Is it really too hard to understand quitting = bans? It doesn't matter why you quit.
It doesn't make any logical sense that we're being banned because we left a game. btw Yoink!
if Memory wrote:
It's pathetic, really. The quit ban is the most desperate attempt at false control, it's not even funny. Your matchmaking is absolutely atrocious. So, you can't give me a teammate with a decent mic, so instead I have to settle for some reject who holds forward. It's hard to progress in this game because of the -Yoink- you enforce with your -Yoink- systems. -Yoink- you 343, you're not getting anymore money out of me. You pansy -Yoink- cupcakes.
It doesn't make any logical sense that we're being banned because we left a game. btw Yoink!
Because leaving a game affects the rest of the team, who now have to continue the game with one man down.

Every time you pick a playlist, the game reminds you that excessive quitting, betrayals, and disconnects will lead to a ban. Every time you try to press that quit button, the game reminds you that excessive quitting will lead to a ban.

Finish what you started, take responsibility for your actions. If you don't want to get banned, don't quit the game. It's not that difficult.
hey quick question! I recently got banned on halo 5 cus of two quits one of them was because of a rage quit playing with some randoms with no mics who were intentionally killing me as a picked up a power weapon. Cool so I quit I was sick of it... Then I was in the middle of a game and had to help downstairs cus of an emergency so I idled and got kicked before I could get back in time. Clearly I'm going to be banned I -Yoinked!- up I'm not mad about it in the slightest it's a good reason to be banned but I'm really just trying to figure out where I could see how long I'm banned for because I clicked out of the message before I looked at the length of the ban and have no way to tell how long I'm banned for so is there some way you could actually see how long your banned for after the first message your given?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 130
  4. 131
  5. 132
  6. 133
  7. 134
  8. ...
  9. 311