Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

The official Halo 5 "Why was I banned?" thread

OP WulfwoodsSins

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 162
  4. 163
  5. 164
  6. 165
  7. 166
  8. ...
  9. 276
JamesS117 wrote:
I have just been banned for 9 hours for quitting a game that had an abysmal connection, rubber banding all over the place, impossible to play. People will say '9 hours, you must be a regular quitter' i'm not. I only ever leave a game if the connection is beyond terrible which seems to be far too often and isn't a problem with my internet as i have fibre optic and experience no difficulties on any other games. I feel that it is a bit harsh to be banned for 9 hours from a game that i paid good money for, especially as i bought the special edition console as well, £430 in all. Is there anyway to contest the ban?
There is no way to contest the ban. Posting here is the closest thing, but 343i does not seem to ever come by here themselves.
Kenai07 wrote:
Dear 343,

I recently (a few days ago) purchased Halo 5. Haven't really played a lot arena matchmaking but ended up quiting two games and was then banned. I would like to voice my frustration about this. I feel justified in leaving a game from time to time. Life happens, you may have to take a call, you may have to help a roommate carry in groceries, or whatever else may happen while playing a game. Since matchmaking games cannot be paused, and since standing in one spot may negatively impact your team, I will leave games.

There are also situations where one can be exploring different game types. I had only played one game type and wanted to see what the different types had to offer. I played one, did not find it particularly enjoying, and decided to leave to try another. I then had to leave the next game for a reason outside the world of Halo and was punished for it. How was I banned for two minor infractions? I feel there is a better route to take than banning someone for leaving 2 games.

Unlike games of Halo past, players can join mid game. This makes leaving a game a lot less severe than in recent history, yet the punishment has escalated severely. I also see issues arising from false positives for 'leaving' games. Situations like a person's internet or power going out (among many other possible situations outside of the users control). Stack this with the situations where a person is validated in choosing to leave a game (aforementioned real world reasons, escaping a harassing player, trying to avoid lag, etc) and the validity of a straight count of 'violations' is brought into question.

Halo 5 is a game, and a game's primary purpose is to provide recreation. Taking away a person's ability to enjoy that recreation because they 'might' have malicious intent or because they 'might' have done an undesirable action on purpose, seems like it would hinder more people trying to enjoy the game than punish people not playing by the rules.

I understand wanting to place deterrents for undesirable behavior. However resorting to actions as severe as banning should not be so hastily reached. I feel that a few warnings, possibly accompanied by a smaller XP gain, could help stop some of this behavior. Eventually resorting to banning may be necessary but only after other steps have been taken to curb the behavior.

With the questionable nature of the violation measurement, the possibility of punishing an 'innocent', and the availability of other avenues before such a severe action; I find it difficult to understand why 343 chose to implement such a harsh punishment philosophy. In light of this I would like to suggest that 343 revisit their decisions and lessen the punishment for certain violations, such as leaving a game.

Thank you for your time.
- A concerned Halo player

(ps I am posting this primarily for feedback to 343, and probably will not respond for discussion.)
Chimera30 wrote:
Kenai07 wrote:
Unlike games of Halo past, players can join mid game.
This only applies to unranked Arena playlists. The ranked playlists (like the Slayer match you did not finish most recently) do not support Join In Progress, so if you leave a ranked match, no one will join to take your place, leaving the rest of your team down a man and at a disadvantage.
He is basically telling you that he didn't sign up for some pro league when he purchased halo. Im sure we all understand the policy and consequences for quitting games; but the whole point is to play halo5 for recreational entertainment and not be burdened by stricter guidelines and punishment; these circumstances should be left in Esports or some professional gaming event.
Actually he did, he agreed to the TOS, and there is a disclaimer about matchmaking rules in effect for misconduct.
The TOS has nothing to deal with severe punishment and false positives okay... are you actually fully understanding this conversation?
Remember, they are not talking about policy/rules, but general Ban expectations from a typical video game. I don't see any notion that Kenai07 misunderstood the agreement in the halo5 TOS.
Kenai07 wrote:
Dear 343,

I recently (a few days ago) purchased Halo 5. Haven't really played a lot arena matchmaking but ended up quiting two games and was then banned. I would like to voice my frustration about this. I feel justified in leaving a game from time to time. Life happens, you may have to take a call, you may have to help a roommate carry in groceries, or whatever else may happen while playing a game. Since matchmaking games cannot be paused, and since standing in one spot may negatively impact your team, I will leave games.

There are also situations where one can be exploring different game types. I had only played one game type and wanted to see what the different types had to offer. I played one, did not find it particularly enjoying, and decided to leave to try another. I then had to leave the next game for a reason outside the world of Halo and was punished for it. How was I banned for two minor infractions? I feel there is a better route to take than banning someone for leaving 2 games.

Unlike games of Halo past, players can join mid game. This makes leaving a game a lot less severe than in recent history, yet the punishment has escalated severely. I also see issues arising from false positives for 'leaving' games. Situations like a person's internet or power going out (among many other possible situations outside of the users control). Stack this with the situations where a person is validated in choosing to leave a game (aforementioned real world reasons, escaping a harassing player, trying to avoid lag, etc) and the validity of a straight count of 'violations' is brought into question.

Halo 5 is a game, and a game's primary purpose is to provide recreation. Taking away a person's ability to enjoy that recreation because they 'might' have malicious intent or because they 'might' have done an undesirable action on purpose, seems like it would hinder more people trying to enjoy the game than punish people not playing by the rules.

I understand wanting to place deterrents for undesirable behavior. However resorting to actions as severe as banning should not be so hastily reached. I feel that a few warnings, possibly accompanied by a smaller XP gain, could help stop some of this behavior. Eventually resorting to banning may be necessary but only after other steps have been taken to curb the behavior.

With the questionable nature of the violation measurement, the possibility of punishing an 'innocent', and the availability of other avenues before such a severe action; I find it difficult to understand why 343 chose to implement such a harsh punishment philosophy. In light of this I would like to suggest that 343 revisit their decisions and lessen the punishment for certain violations, such as leaving a game.

Thank you for your time.
- A concerned Halo player

(ps I am posting this primarily for feedback to 343, and probably will not respond for discussion.)
Chimera30 wrote:
Kenai07 wrote:
Unlike games of Halo past, players can join mid game.
This only applies to unranked Arena playlists. The ranked playlists (like the Slayer match you did not finish most recently) do not support Join In Progress, so if you leave a ranked match, no one will join to take your place, leaving the rest of your team down a man and at a disadvantage.
He is basically telling you that he didn't sign up for some pro league when he purchased halo. Im sure we all understand the policy and consequences for quitting games; but the whole point is to play halo5 for recreational entertainment and not be burdened by stricter guidelines and punishment; these circumstances should be left in Esports or some professional gaming event.
Actually he did, he agreed to the TOS, and there is a disclaimer about matchmaking rules in effect for misconduct.
The TOS has nothing to deal with severe punishment and false positives okay... are you actually fully understanding this conversation?
Remember, they are not talking about policy/rules, but general Ban expectations from a typical video game. I don't see any notion that Kenai07 misunderstood the agreement in the halo5 TOS.
Yes, he quit games and got banned before he knew how quickly the ban hammer would strike. I have yet to see a false positive.
Kenai07 wrote:
Dear 343,

I recently (a few days ago) purchased Halo 5. Haven't really played a lot arena matchmaking but ended up quiting two games and was then banned. I would like to voice my frustration about this. I feel justified in leaving a game from time to time. Life happens, you may have to take a call, you may have to help a roommate carry in groceries, or whatever else may happen while playing a game. Since matchmaking games cannot be paused, and since standing in one spot may negatively impact your team, I will leave games.

There are also situations where one can be exploring different game types. I had only played one game type and wanted to see what the different types had to offer. I played one, did not find it particularly enjoying, and decided to leave to try another. I then had to leave the next game for a reason outside the world of Halo and was punished for it. How was I banned for two minor infractions? I feel there is a better route to take than banning someone for leaving 2 games.

Unlike games of Halo past, players can join mid game. This makes leaving a game a lot less severe than in recent history, yet the punishment has escalated severely. I also see issues arising from false positives for 'leaving' games. Situations like a person's internet or power going out (among many other possible situations outside of the users control). Stack this with the situations where a person is validated in choosing to leave a game (aforementioned real world reasons, escaping a harassing player, trying to avoid lag, etc) and the validity of a straight count of 'violations' is brought into question.

Halo 5 is a game, and a game's primary purpose is to provide recreation. Taking away a person's ability to enjoy that recreation because they 'might' have malicious intent or because they 'might' have done an undesirable action on purpose, seems like it would hinder more people trying to enjoy the game than punish people not playing by the rules.

I understand wanting to place deterrents for undesirable behavior. However resorting to actions as severe as banning should not be so hastily reached. I feel that a few warnings, possibly accompanied by a smaller XP gain, could help stop some of this behavior. Eventually resorting to banning may be necessary but only after other steps have been taken to curb the behavior.

With the questionable nature of the violation measurement, the possibility of punishing an 'innocent', and the availability of other avenues before such a severe action; I find it difficult to understand why 343 chose to implement such a harsh punishment philosophy. In light of this I would like to suggest that 343 revisit their decisions and lessen the punishment for certain violations, such as leaving a game.

Thank you for your time.
- A concerned Halo player

(ps I am posting this primarily for feedback to 343, and probably will not respond for discussion.)
How are any of these false positives?

As far as the banhammer knows, at one point in time you were in the server, then you left the server, but the game is still going.

Do you know what happens when you allow these things to be forgiven? They get abused, and they get abused easily. If you allow Internet disconnections to be forgiven, then I can pull out my Ethernet cable every time I'm losing, and "Oops, I disconnected". How would the banhammer know if a disconnect was on accident or on purpose? How would the banhammer know that you left for an emergency or because you didn't want to play?

The ban system was put in for a reason because of this. In the Master Chief Collection, people were dodging games by closing the game with zero penalty whatsoever. Why? Because the system allowed them to.

The only thing it can do is consider all DNFs as a problem, and ban based on that. The only problem is how it considers that DNF. Yes there are emergencies, yes there are unforeseen events. But that's why the banhammer doesn't ban you after one DNF.

In your case, you left 2 out of a total 9 games. If the banhammer works based on repeats, that's two games in a row. Not the worst thing in the world, but some people can get banned for that. If it goes by percentages, you left ~22% of your total games, which is quite a lot when you don't take context.

Maybe it jumped the gun, maybe it's a misstep in calculation. It could be a lot of reasons, but at the end of the day, one should try to quit as little as often.
Banned for 17mins your server kicked me out a game yet again, it's like I have to come here and complain every day at this point, at least the ban is not 8 or 24 hours like before , but I shouldn't be banned period, Fix your servers or take the ban system off until you get your crap running the right way!
Banned for 17mins your server kicked me out a game yet again, it's like I have to come here and complain every day at this point, at least the ban is not 8 or 24 hours like before , but I shouldn't be banned period, Fix your servers or take the ban system off until you get your crap running the right way!
Looking at the likely game in question (this one), it seems that you were the only one who did not finish the game. Since no one else in that game got a DNF, it seems unlikely that it was a Halo 5 server issue, and more likely that there was a problem between the server and your console specifically. For what it is worth, it doesn't look like you quit that game voluntarily, based on your performance and the closeness of the match, so that's good. It also looks like you don't DNF that often (at least in the past couple days), so maybe this disconnect was just fluke. It certainly bodes well that your current ban was less lengthy this time around; maybe the banhammer is still sensitive towards you from previous bans (a 24 hour ban is pretty severe and would suggest you had gotten banned at least a few times before that one). I think so long as you don't quit games like you have been recently, then even if you get disconnected again (as long as it's not common), then your cooldowns will get shorter or perhaps go away all together. But obviously the ban system won't be removed because that would cause all sorts of problems, and again, since it was only you that DNF, it suggests that the general Halo 5 servers were fine during that game, and that the problem was probably specific to your connection to the server.
Chimera30 wrote:
Banned for 17mins your server kicked me out a game yet again, it's like I have to come here and complain every day at this point, at least the ban is not 8 or 24 hours like before , but I shouldn't be banned period, Fix your servers or take the ban system off until you get your crap running the right way!
Looking at the likely game in question (this one), it seems that you were the only one who did not finish the game. Since no one else in that game got a DNF, it seems unlikely that it was a Halo 5 server issue, and more likely that there was a problem between the server and your console specifically. For what it is worth, it doesn't look like you quit that game voluntarily, based on your performance and the closeness of the match, so that's good. It also looks like you don't DNF that often (at least in the past couple days), so maybe this disconnect was just fluke. It certainly bodes well that your current ban was less lengthy this time around; maybe the banhammer is still sensitive towards you from previous bans (a 24 hour ban is pretty severe and would suggest you had gotten banned at least a few times before that one). I think so long as you don't quit games like you have been recently, then even if you get disconnected again (as long as it's not common), then your cooldowns will get shorter or perhaps go away all together. But obviously the ban system won't be removed because that would cause all sorts of problems, and again, since it was only you that DNF,it suggests that the general Halo 5 servers were fine during that game, and that the problem was probably specific to your connection to the server.
When everyone has server interruption, you will receive a brief "server disconnection" message along with no record of that game. This Ban instance could suggest internet drops due to high traffic at that specific time. I have seen Quite a bit of "server disconnection" messages, so Blame Rambo is right, they do need to look into fixing their servers.
Chimera30 wrote:
Banned for 17mins your server kicked me out a game yet again, it's like I have to come here and complain every day at this point, at least the ban is not 8 or 24 hours like before , but I shouldn't be banned period, Fix your servers or take the ban system off until you get your crap running the right way!
Looking at the likely game in question (this one), it seems that you were the only one who did not finish the game. Since no one else in that game got a DNF, it seems unlikely that it was a Halo 5 server issue, and more likely that there was a problem between the server and your console specifically. For what it is worth, it doesn't look like you quit that game voluntarily, based on your performance and the closeness of the match, so that's good. It also looks like you don't DNF that often (at least in the past couple days), so maybe this disconnect was just fluke. It certainly bodes well that your current ban was less lengthy this time around; maybe the banhammer is still sensitive towards you from previous bans (a 24 hour ban is pretty severe and would suggest you had gotten banned at least a few times before that one). I think so long as you don't quit games like you have been recently, then even if you get disconnected again (as long as it's not common), then your cooldowns will get shorter or perhaps go away all together. But obviously the ban system won't be removed because that would cause all sorts of problems, and again, since it was only you that DNF,it suggests that the general Halo 5 servers were fine during that game, and that the problem was probably specific to your connection to the server.
When everyone has server interruption, you will receive a brief "server disconnection" message along with no record of that game. This Ban instance could suggest internet drops due to high traffic at that specific time. I have seen Quite a bit of "server disconnection" messages, so Blame Rambo is right, they do need to look into fixing their servers.
Chimera was pointing out that everyone else in the game finished the match. Therefore it wouldn't be a server issue but an issue in Rambo's network or settings.
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera was pointing out that everyone else in the game finished the match. Therefore it wouldn't be a server issue but an issue in Rambo's network or settings.
What exactly is your point towards my response A1tontoyota? This conversation is not about everyone else finishing the match= non server fault (which is true) but... I think you don't understand the fact that server faults don't appear under the game history. Therefore, it would be redundant to even look at who's finishing the match to determine server issues. Also, Rambo's home network could be working properly, but Internet noise could be the root of the cause for his DNF's and Ban.
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera was pointing out that everyone else in the game finished the match. Therefore it wouldn't be a server issue but an issue in Rambo's network or settings.
What exactly is your point towards my response A1tontoyota? This conversation is not about everyone else finishing the match= non server fault (which is true) but... I think you don't understand the fact that server faults don't appear under the game history. Therefore, it would be redundant to even look at who's finishing the match to determine server issues. Also, Rambo's home network could be working properly, but Internet noise could be the root of the cause for his DNF's and Ban.
You basically said it wasn't a server issue, but 343 needs to fix their servers. Thought you were confused.
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera was pointing out that everyone else in the game finished the match. Therefore it wouldn't be a server issue but an issue in Rambo's network or settings.
What exactly is your point towards my response A1tontoyota? This conversation is not about everyone else finishing the match= non server fault (which is true) but... I think you don't understand the fact that server faults don't appear under the game history. Therefore, it would be redundant to even look at who's finishing the match to determine server issues. Also, Rambo's home network could be working properly, but Internet noise could be the root of the cause for his DNF's and Ban.
You basically said it wasn't a server issue, but 343 needs to fix their servers. Thought you were confused.
What is your stand point on that A1tontoyota? Would you agree or not? Please elaborate to us on what your objections might be towards server issues, and how does it relates (or not) to bans.

Some players may confuse network inconsistencies and server issues, which is common when trying to figure out why they have been banned; in that case, it was not a server issue. On the other hand, some excessive disconnects are caused by server issues which in this case, requires attention to be repaired. Anything else I could help you with A1tontoyota?
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera was pointing out that everyone else in the game finished the match. Therefore it wouldn't be a server issue but an issue in Rambo's network or settings.
What exactly is your point towards my response A1tontoyota? This conversation is not about everyone else finishing the match= non server fault (which is true) but... I think you don't understand the fact that server faults don't appear under the game history. Therefore, it would be redundant to even look at who's finishing the match to determine server issues. Also, Rambo's home network could be working properly, but Internet noise could be the root of the cause for his DNF's and Ban.
You basically said it wasn't a server issue, but 343 needs to fix their servers. Thought you were confused.
What is your stand point on that A1tontoyota? Would you agree or not? Please elaborate to us on what your objections might be towards server issues, and how does it relates (or not) to bans.

Some players may confuse network inconsistencies and server issues, which is common when trying to figure out why they have been banned; in that case, it was not a server issue. On the other hand, some excessive disconnects are caused by server issues which in this case, requires attention to be repaired. Anything else I could help you with A1tontoyota?
The only server issues I have witnessed have been posted on the xbox live status page and usually affect everyone.
This whole "server dissconnection" issue needs to be cleard up.
If Gamer A is in a lobby with Gamer's B,C,D,E,F,G and H they are waiting to play a game, the game starts and everyone has a great time shooting the hell out of each other, suddenly Gamer A gets booted out of the game with the dreaded" server dissconnection", where as Gamer's B,C,D,E,F,G,and H carry on playing the game.
This is not a problem with the actual Server itself, it has not crashed, not turned itself off or burst into flames and stoped working, if the server had stoped working, all Gamer's would be then kicked back to the menu screen to choose from the playlist.
As it was only Gamer A that was kicked back to the menu screen it means that he lost the connection, not the Server.
This is the same type of thing that can happen in a business senario at a place of work/office that has many computers connected to a network and a server.
E.G 10 computers connecting to a server where all users of those 10 computers has a personal space on the server's hard drive, If the server goes down for any reason(even som idiot coud pull the plug) then those 10 computers would not have access to that server, but if only a handfull of those computers, say 3 of them cant connect or have connected and suddenly cant access thir information then there is most likely a Networking issue, NOT a Server Issue(thats when you call Tech support and scream at them to fix the darn thing lol)
There are alot of things that can affect loosing connection, "noise" on the line being one of them, this means that the noise is interfering with the packets of data being sent over the Internet, more often than not the noise is at or near the user end, this can easily be troubleshooted by picking up the home telephone if the user has their broardband supplied over the telephone network and listening to the dial tone, if their is "crackling" on the line then that is what the Noise is.
So the first thing someone should do if they are getting the "Server disscinnect" message is to check to see if the game has been recorded in thir game history, if it hasn't then the SERVER is at fault, If the game is in their history and all other players completed the game then as Chimera pointed out "that everyone else in the game finished the match. Therefore it wouldn't be a server issue but an issue in Rambo's network or settings."
The next thing to look at is the user's "network" connections to the internet, either through a telephone line or a dedicated seperate line to the home, or if some people are lucky enough to have fiber to the house providing their connection to the internet. Are the cable situated correctly from the router to the internet socket/telephone line in the home? does the cable have any exposed wires? if all of that checks out then onto the next step.
If your internet comes to your home through the home telephone check to see if their is "noise on the line" by picking up the phone and listening to the dial tone, if you hear any interference or "crackeling" then you have "noise" (call your ISP and get them to sort out getting the "noise" of the line, it's their job) this noise can affect the data being sent from you xbox to the servers, use this link to also help diagnose the problem from you xbox to the internet. http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/network-settings.
It covers most thing regarding to setting up a wirless/wired connection, NAT types and what type is needed to effectivly play multiplayer, also in the advanced setting screen it will tell you idf you have any packet loss.
Now not all parts of the internet are the same, it has to do with how good the infrasctructure of the cableing that is near you and in other countries aswell, some places/countries have good infrasctructure others have bad, there is a mixture of old and new, when that happens there will most likely be a loss of data going from old to new, this can also affect the "connection" to the server and result in "packet loss" and the end result is "lost connection to the server", again this is not the Server's fault if everyone else is still having a jolly good time teabagin the noobs in the game, it is a problem most likely at the user's end, or horrible infrastructure.
So do a little trouble shooting you connection first to see if it is the problem, if it is, then scream at your ISP to fix the darn thing, oh and while you at it say you pay good money for this and try and get a reduction from your monthly bill, has worked for me in the past.
P.s. If you are one of the lucky ones that do have Fiber to the house for your internet then a test on the line would need to be done by an engineer with a BER Tester, these can be quite expensive, but what they do is test the fiber for dB loss(decibel loss) and the higher the number the less information is being passed through the fiber optic cable.
Ankles32 wrote:
This whole "server dissconnection" issue needs to be cleard up.
If Gamer A is in a lobby with Gamer's B,C,D,E,F,G and H they are waiting to play a game, the game starts and everyone has a great time shooting the hell out of each other, suddenly Gamer A gets booted out of the game with the dreaded" server dissconnection", where as Gamer's B,C,D,E,F,G,and H carry on playing the game.
This is not a problem with the actual Server itself, it has not crashed, not turned itself off or burst into flames and stoped working, if the server had stoped working, all Gamer's would be then kicked back to the menu screen to choose from the playlist.
As it was only Gamer A that was kicked back to the menu screen it means that he lost the connection, not the Server.
This is the same type of thing that can happen in a business senario at a place of work/office that has many computers connected to a network and a server.
E.G 10 computers connecting to a server where all users of those 10 computers has a personal space on the server's hard drive, If the server goes down for any reason(even som idiot coud pull the plug) then those 10 computers would not have access to that server, but if only a handfull of those computers, say 3 of them cant connect or have connected and suddenly cant access thir information then there is most likely a Networking issue, NOT a Server Issue(thats when you call Tech support and scream at them to fix the darn thing lol)
There are alot of things that can affect loosing connection, "noise" on the line being one of them, this means that the noise is interfering with the packets of data being sent over the Internet, more often than not the noise is at or near the user end, this can easily be troubleshooted by picking up the home telephone if the user has their broardband supplied over the telephone network and listening to the dial tone, if their is "crackling" on the line then that is what the Noise is.
So the first thing someone should do if they are getting the "Server disscinnect" message is to check to see if the game has been recorded in thir game history, if it hasn't then the SERVER is at fault, If the game is in their history and all other players completed the game then as Chimera pointed out "that everyone else in the game finished the match. Therefore it wouldn't be a server issue but an issue in Rambo's network or settings."
The next thing to look at is the user's "network" connections to the internet, either through a telephone line or a dedicated seperate line to the home, or if some people are lucky enough to have fiber to the house providing their connection to the internet. Are the cable situated correctly from the router to the internet socket/telephone line in the home? does the cable have any exposed wires? if all of that checks out then onto the next step.
If your internet comes to your home through the home telephone check to see if their is "noise on the line" by picking up the phone and listening to the dial tone, if you hear any interference or "crackeling" then you have "noise" (call your ISP and get them to sort out getting the "noise" of the line, it's their job) this noise can affect the data being sent from you xbox to the servers, use this link to also help diagnose the problem from you xbox to the internet. http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/network-settings.
It covers most thing regarding to setting up a wirless/wired connection, NAT types and what type is needed to effectivly play multiplayer, also in the advanced setting screen it will tell you idf you have any packet loss.
Now not all parts of the internet are the same, it has to do with how good the infrasctructure of the cableing that is near you and in other countries aswell, some places/countries have good infrasctructure others have bad, there is a mixture of old and new, when that happens there will most likely be a loss of data going from old to new, this can also affect the "connection" to the server and result in "packet loss" and the end result is "lost connection to the server", again this is not the Server's fault if everyone else is still having a jolly good time teabagin the noobs in the game, it is a problem most likely at the user's end, or horrible infrastructure.
So do a little trouble shooting you connection first to see if it is the problem, if it is, then scream at your ISP to fix the darn thing, oh and while you at it say you pay good money for this and try and get a reduction from your monthly bill, has worked for me in the past.
P.s. If you are one of the lucky ones that do have Fiber to the house for your internet then a test on the line would need to be done by an engineer with a BER Tester, these can be quite expensive, but what they do is test the fiber for dB loss(decibel loss) and the higher the number the less information is being passed through the fiber optic cable.
A lengthy but easy-to-understand description. Thanks for taking the time to make those points.
I WAS BOOTED WHILE PLAYING A MATCH OF SWAT, I WAS BANNED FOR 20 MINUTES. DO YOU WANT ME TO QUIT PLAYING THIS GAME ?
THAT IS JUST UNJUST, THIS IS A BROKEN GAME. ALSO IT SAID I WAS BOOTED BECAUSE MY FIRE TEAM CHANGED WTF.
TODxSNIPER wrote:
I WAS BOOTED WHILE PLAYING A MATCH OF SWAT, I WAS BANNED FOR 20 MINUTES. DO YOU WANT ME TO QUIT PLAYING THIS GAME ?
THAT IS JUST UNJUST, THIS IS A BROKEN GAME. ALSO IT SAID I WAS BOOTED BECAUSE MY FIRE TEAM CHANGED WTF.
20 Minutes is not that much of a time, some people have had it in the day's category, although I do wish 343i would address the "your fireteam has changed" bug, and explain why this happens.
All I can suggest is that you periodically completly shut down your xbox, this is what my friend does because he has had this problem, and since he has been doing a shut down he hasn't had the fireteam changed notice and not been kicked from matches since.
Ankles32 wrote:
TODxSNIPER wrote:
I WAS BOOTED WHILE PLAYING A MATCH OF SWAT, I WAS BANNED FOR 20 MINUTES. DO YOU WANT ME TO QUIT PLAYING THIS GAME ?
THAT IS JUST UNJUST, THIS IS A BROKEN GAME. ALSO IT SAID I WAS BOOTED BECAUSE MY FIRE TEAM CHANGED WTF.
20 Minutes is not that much of a time, some people have had it in the day's category, although I do wish 343i would address the "your fireteam has changed" bug, and explain why this happens.
All I can suggest is that you periodically completly shut down your xbox, this is what my friend does because he has had this problem, and since he has been doing a shut down he hasn't had the fireteam changed notice and not been kicked from matches since.
I too will add that I always fully power down my Xbox One after each session, and I have never been disconnected due to the "Your fireteam has changed" issue.
TODxSNIPER wrote:
I WAS BOOTED WHILE PLAYING A MATCH OF SWAT, I WAS BANNED FOR 20 MINUTES. DO YOU WANT ME TO QUIT PLAYING THIS GAME ?
THAT IS JUST UNJUST, THIS IS A BROKEN GAME. ALSO IT SAID I WAS BOOTED BECAUSE MY FIRE TEAM CHANGED WTF.
This is a sad situation, because the moment someone gets 2 dnf's the ban police would claim it was too many and deserving of ban punishment; while at the same, they would say "it's not that bad" for being banned 20 minutes for no misconduct of your own; so they tell us to void the benefits of "instant on mode" in order to prevent being banned in halo5. Do they even see how ridiculous this has become? This mess has to change....
Can someone help explain why I got a 45-minute ban? I've only played a few games (6), but looking at my service record, it shows that my last game was a DNF? I never got a chance to play that game, there was some sort of network error, and then it got stuck on the looking for players screen. I couldn't back out, so I left the fireteam from that screen to back out, then tried to enter another match, and the banhammer message popped up.

Unrelated issue maybe? After leaving the fireteam, and retrying to join my friend, it wouldn't let me (I'm assuming I couldn't join him because of the ban?) I rebooted the console (Xbox One S) I tried to get back into Halo 5, but a message popped up stating if I owned the game, if so please enter the disc. The disc was in the console, tried taking it out and putting it back in. That didn't work, same message. I could only get back in, after taking out the disc, turning off the console, turning it back on, and then putting the disc in. Any thoughts?
Does quitting social matches where half my team is afk and the other quit affects this? If it does then it shouldnt be a social playlist
Was just playing warzone firefight for a while, got tired and decided to do my 10 qualifying matches for team arena, first play I quitted because my team wasnt doing a Bety good job and the enemy looked like they were in the same fireteam, next match I played capture the flag, won in first place, message pops up that I lost connection to the server, banned for 2 hours, can still look at the stats of the capture the flag game, what the hell
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 162
  4. 163
  5. 164
  6. 165
  7. 166
  8. ...
  9. 276