2. ...
  3. 238
  4. 239
  5. 240
  6. 241
  7. 242
  8. ...
  9. 293
Hello everyone, quite a while ago I was banned from my halo 5 game, so I came on just recently to hoping it had gone away, it hadn’t (I’m assuming I have been permanently banned). The only reason I think I could have been banned in this way is because I have quit the game around 20 times over a 3 month period, but most of these were due to server lag. I was hoping that someone could help me get my account back and perhaps lift the ban?
If it was simply from quitting/dnfs than you almost certainly weren't permabanned; those tend to be for more serious or extreme and frequent violations. Now I have a few questions; Did you receive a 'banhammer strikes' message?" What kind of message do you receive when you attempt to join a matchmaking playlist? Is this both for Warzone and Arena?

You aren't likely to be unbanned; I've yet to see a ban overturned. You'll most likely have to wait for your ban to be over (if you are in fact banned.)

Also for future reference; please avoid post bumping/multiposting (particularly if you're posting the same thing.) You can edit posts to add more information and respond to multiple people in a single post. It also isn't going to get you an answer any faster.
proxiplay wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not reedit content which had been previously edited by a moderator.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Was this edited for posting a link? I read through the forum rules and the only thing that I see this possibly falling under is a rant. Also, to be fair, I'm "quoting" this as a citation for my query- not reposting edited content. Also, if posting links/personal information is against the rules, is it going to be added to the list?
Was this edited for posting a link? I read through the forum rules and the only thing that I see this possibly falling under is a rant. Also, to be fair, I'm "quoting" this as a citation for my query- not reposting edited content. Also, if posting links/personal information is against the rules, is it going to be added to the list?
As you've PM'd me already I'll folllow up there, but as a note for the future we don't discuss moderator decisions in public. If you have a question, PM is always the way to go
Hello everyone, quite a while ago I was banned from my halo 5 game, so I came on just recently to hoping it had gone away, it hadn’t (I’m assuming I have been permanently banned). The only reason I think I could have been banned in this way is because I have quit the game around 20 times over a 3 month period, but most of these were due to server lag. I was hoping that someone could help me get my account back and perhaps lift the ban?
If it was simply from quitting/dnfs than you almost certainly weren't permabanned; those tend to be for more serious or extreme and frequent violations. Now I have a few questions; Did you receive a 'banhammer strikes' message?" What kind of message do you receive when you attempt to join a matchmaking playlist? Is this both for Warzone and Arena?

You aren't likely to be unbanned; I've yet to see a ban overturned. You'll most likely have to wait for your ban to be over (if you are in fact banned.)

Also for future reference; please avoid post bumping/multiposting (particularly if you're posting the same thing.) You can edit posts to add more information and respond to multiple people in a single post. It also isn't going to get you an answer any faster.
It says the ban hammer strikes for any matchmaking playlist I try to join. Also it’s like they’ve disconnected me from the servers because when I first go onto the game it says “Attention unable to connect to the halo 5 guardians lobby service” and I click ok then all of my service record is gone I have nothing left of my old profile, and it says I’ve just started the game, however you can see that’s not true if you look at my halo 5 profile on the waypoint.

It says the ban hammer strikes for any matchmaking playlist I try to join. Also it’s like they’ve disconnected me from the servers because when I first go onto the game it says “Attention unable to connect to the halo 5 guardians lobby service” and I click ok then all of my service record is gone I have nothing left of my old profile, and it says I’ve just started the game, however you can see that’s not true if you look at my halo 5 profile on the waypoint.
That isn't a ban. There were some xbox live issue earlier this evening, I'm not sure if they've cleared up now. You should give your console a hard reset and make sure your live connection is working properly

That isn't a ban. There were some xbox live issue earlier this evening, I'm not sure if they've cleared up now. You should give your console a hard reset and make sure your live connection is working properly
Are you sure that bad connection would delete my profile data?

Are you sure that bad connection would delete my profile data?
A poor connection could prevent your profile from updating. If you were banned when you attempted to join a playlist it would read something along the lines of "one or more of your fireteam members are banned."
I’ve been banned from playing social it’s been over 24 hours and the ban still hasn’t come off please can anyone help I’m getting board of playing warzone
Fsmew wrote:
I’ve been banned from playing social it’s been over 24 hours and the ban still hasn’t come off please can anyone help I’m getting board of playing warzone
Looks like you regularly don't finish games in social, which the system doesn't like. It's probably why you were banned. There is no way to lift bans early; you just have to wait until it expires. If you don't remember the original ban message then you won't know how long the ban is for. Usually first bans are less than an hour long; if you've been banned for 24+ hours, then this is not your first ban, as ban lengths increase with each new ban you get.
Hello, Thanks so much for your help earlier this year. Just wanted to let you know that the root of my problem was that I didn't have any more Xbox Gold I think. I repurchased Xbox Gold about a month ago and now it is working fine.

Wish you the best of luck,
-Not you4567
lol my entire team quit on me, it’s 1 vs 4 and it’s 33-9 and I got banned for intentionally jumping off the map?? I was hoping it would add to their kills and end the game already. So I can get banned if I quit but I can also get banned if I give up when everyone else quits. I guess next time I’m just supposed to stand there until they kill me 17 more times? I suck at this game, I’m not coming back from that deficit.
You have four DNFs on your first page of history. DNFs, Idling, quitting, suicides and afk are all reasons to get banned. The system looks for these types of behavior, and dolls out the punishment accordingly. willibpimpin710
You have four DNFs on your first page of history. DNFs, Idling, quitting, suicides and afk are all reasons to get banned. The system looks for these types of behavior, and dolls out the punishment accordingly. willibpimpin710
Well, good thing I have this on game pass and didn’t buy it yet. I don’t like being told how I can play my games from someone else. I have a life and quit once because well, I had to go. The other 3 almost half, if not all my team quit so instead of being mauled in a gang bang, I followed suit. I’ll just play it as long as it’s free.

also, one of those “DNF’s” is for jumping off the map. How fair is it to punish a player for quitting or punish him for not wanting to sit there and get killed another 16 times before the game can end? How about a, “hey, this game sucks and you’re getting destroyed mightily and your entire team has quit so we’ll just end it to save you the frustration and so you don’t have to endure a ton of kills on your record. Lol whatever though.
Well, good thing I have this on game pass and didn’t buy it yet. I don’t like being told how I can play my games from someone else. I have a life and quit once because well, I had to go. The other 3 almost half, if not all my team quit so instead of being mauled in a gang bang, I followed suit. I’ll just play it as long as it’s free.

also, one of those “DNF’s” is for jumping off the map. How fair is it to punish a player for quitting or punish him for not wanting to sit there and get killed another 16 times before the game can end? How about a, “hey, this game sucks and you’re getting destroyed mightily and your entire team has quit so we’ll just end it to save you the frustration and so you don’t have to endure a ton of kills on your record. Lol whatever though.
Halo does need a mercy rule.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I would really like to help you,but I dont understand what are you saying.Could you please use english?
My son has an account, and I have had him get off the game for whatever reasons while playing. I had no clue he would be banned for 36 hours for leaving games. Can the ban be removed?
My son has an account, and I have had him get off the game for whatever reasons while playing. I had no clue he would be banned for 36 hours for leaving games. Can the ban be removed?
It's an automated system. I've yet to see a ban repealed. In order to receive a 36 hour ban he would have had to have banned many, many times before.
It's an automated system. I've yet to see a ban repealed. In order to receive a 36 hour ban he would have had to have banned many, many times before.
Crazy I get on sometimes an haven't seen it. Only had the account for 2 months
Crazy I get on sometimes an haven't seen it. Only had the account for 2 months
It said it was from idling
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 238
  4. 239
  5. 240
  6. 241
  7. 242
  8. ...
  9. 293