2. ...
  3. 239
  4. 240
  5. 241
  6. 242
  7. 243
  8. ...
  9. 306
My son has an account, and I have had him get off the game for whatever reasons while playing. I had no clue he would be banned for 36 hours for leaving games. Can the ban be removed?
It's an automated system. I've yet to see a ban repealed. In order to receive a 36 hour ban he would have had to have banned many, many times before.
Crazy I get on sometimes an haven't seen it. Only had the account for 2 months
It said it was from idling
He still would have had to have had multiple bans for idling (having no controller input during an active match for about three minutes) in order to receive a ban of that duration. Bans start off about 2 minutes and double with each subsequent infraction.
Mierdas banean por puras pendejadas los hijos de perra y además meten a partidas desequilibrada que no mamen
Hi there. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Link of the video demonstrating what I mean:
https://youtu.be/DnFt3dnXjiI
Before I immediately got this "ban" on the game, I joined a friend's invite to play the game, and I haven't started the game yet. Once entering I am greeted with this and I am left to not play at all for 24 hours.
Just for the clarification, I've not done anything that determines a ban such as quitting a game and etc.
This is an ongoing error for both me and my cousin since we keep getting on and get this error for doing nothing. If it's a network problem, then it should be solved ASAP. This is tiring me and my cousin for a problem that we can't solve.
Hekok wrote:
Before I immediately got this "ban" on the game, I joined a friend's invite to play the game, and I haven't started the game yet. Once entering I am greeted with this and I am left to not play at all for 24 hours.
Just for the clarification, I've not done anything that determines a ban such as quitting a game and etc.
This is an ongoing error for both me and my cousin since we keep getting on and get this error for doing nothing. If it's a network problem, then it should be solved ASAP. This is tiring me and my cousin for a problem that we can't solve.
I do see one DNF in your recent games, and sometimes that is enough to trigger a ban, especially if you have been banned many times before.
Do you recall seeing a ban message pop up with a timer sometime in the last 48 hrs? How many times have you encountered this particular situation? When was the last time this happened? When did it start happening? Looking through your game history, you've been playing fairly regularly so it doesn't look like something odd is going on at first glance, but that's why I ask these questions.

One thing to check would be to make sure that your Xbox Live Gold subscription is active. If it is and this is an actual ban, your only recourse is to wait it out.
Chimera30 wrote:
Hekok wrote:
I do see one DNF in your recent games, and sometimes that is enough to trigger a ban, especially if you have been banned many times before.
Do you recall seeing a ban message pop up with a timer sometime in the last 48 hrs? How many times have you encountered this particular situation? When was the last time this happened? When did it start happening? Looking through your game history, you've been playing fairly regularly so it doesn't look like something odd is going on at first glance, but that's why I ask these questions.

One thing to check would be to make sure that your Xbox Live Gold subscription is active. If it is and this is an actual ban, your only recourse is to wait it out.
I've been banned about 3 days ago from the same error. That video showing what happened was a ban from today.
The game starts up as if nothing occurs and when I click on a match it shows nothing but the same message thats in red.
Hekok wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Hekok wrote:
I've been banned about 3 days ago from the same error. That video showing what happened was a ban from today.
The game starts up as if nothing occurs and when I click on a match it shows nothing but the same message thats in red.
The link you provided did not show the type of ban message I'm referring to. Those red warning signs next to the playlists can show up for a variety of reasons, including an expired Live Gold account. I'm referring to a message that pops up once per ban, that looks like this:
ban message
Did you see a message like this at any point before you became unable to play? This message pops up once every time a ban activates; if you didn't see this message, you probably aren't actually banned and something else could be preventing you from connecting.
How about other multiplayer games? Can you play those online?
Chimera30 wrote:
Hekok wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Hekok wrote:
The link you provided did not show the type of ban message I'm referring to. Those red warning signs next to the playlists can show up for a variety of reasons, including an expired Live Gold account. I'm referring to a message that pops up once per ban, that looks like this:

Did you see a message like this at any point before you became unable to play? This message pops up once every time a ban activates; if you didn't see this message, you probably aren't actually banned and something else could be preventing you from connecting.
How about other multiplayer games? Can you play those online?
It doesn't say anything about a ban and neither was there a timer to show when i wasn't able to play.
I'm addressing that this is more of a network error, since I haven't done anything to get this result- I havent left too many times, I have xbox live still active, etc.
I considered this more of a glitch or so since every other multiplayer works fine, and the I just can't play this one because of no reason. It just appears in all sections, and starting a match would just give the same message that was already highlighted in red (Could not find a server that was suitable for all the membersin your fireteam). I'm not even able to play forge or custom games when this occurs. Just to note I dont have bad internet either, so I don't see why this is a network problem too. I see this more as of the game's fault than mines.
I haven't gotten a response back so here's a link that shows everything of the problem:
https://youtu.be/RTkKMXAILXU
No timer, just the same message and im unable to play for 24 hours or so.
Hekok wrote:
I haven't gotten a response back so here's a link that shows everything of the problem:
https://youtu.be/RTkKMXAILXU
No timer, just the same message and im unable to play for 24 hours or so.
That isn't a ban. Try hard resetting your console; if that fails you'll need to troubleshoot your connection.
Lately I have been getting a popup dialogue box while playing Halo 5 Super Fiesta Games that says, "Connection lost your console has lost connection to the game server". This message kicks me out of the match repeatedly, and I get the banhammer message. I wait until the ban is up and sure enough within a match or two it happens again and again until the banhammer message hits. I immediately test my network connection and multiplayer connection and they are always connected. This seems to be a Halo server issue. It has gotten so bad that I cant even play without frusteration. Any Ideas? Anybody with the same issue? Certainly not worth playing a game that is constantly interrupted. I have rooted out the fact that my internet connection is superb, my live gold account is active, I do not leave games unless this connection error kicks me out. ???????

Just looked at the banhammer message, and it say's " Placed on cooldown for 3 days!!!! because of poor connection the the halo server. This is not my poor connection!!!! My connection is lightening fast!

Just looked at my network stats.... Download speed: 52.49Mbps
Upload Speed: 4.8Mbps
Packet Loss: 0%
Latency: 38ms
Wireless Strength: 100%

These stats are pretty typical for my network as I have invested a lot into it for my job and my computer. Server Connectivity should not be an issue on my end.

I have a strong network setup.. I honestly do not think the problem is on my end.
I think Halo Developers/ Server Managers..... whoever's responsibility this is should look at this issue and how it effects bans. Doesn't seem too fair for honest players that just want to play.
So since none of these Employees are 343 related just a bunch of internet trolls who don’t give you useful information. Calling out the guy who sent me 2 links to a stupid 15 second video. I would like to talk to the actual manager about my ban. That apparently was supposed to be 11 hours no more no less as quoted. I’m not an uneducated sophomore moron so I know that I only had a 11 hour ban. However it lasted for more than that when quoted 11 hours. I REPEAT 11 Hours! Your moderators are unhelpful and don’t know customer service like I do. If 343 is in fact in charge of these forums, I have a complaint on the quality of them and layout and most personally, the moderators. Don’t know how you recruit them however I want to assist costumers like they cannot. If you care about your gaming community 343 please respond. I will even send letters if I have to.
DTM L3SS3R wrote:
So since none of these Employees are 343 related just a bunch of internet trolls who don’t give you useful information. Calling out the guy who sent me 2 links to a stupid 15 second video.
Not sure what links you're referring too, but insulting people isn't a great way to start off or allowed on this site.

Quote:
I would like to talk to the actual manager about my ban.
The ban system is automated. There isn't a 'manager' of the ban system that you can talk to, I'd be happy to answer your questions and explain what is going on though.
Quote:
That apparently was supposed to be 11 hours no more no less as quoted. I’m not an uneducated sophomore moron so I know that I only had a 11 hour ban. However it lasted for more than that when quoted 11 hours. I REPEAT 11 Hours!
The ban system works on a short delay (usually a match or two.) I'm guessing from your game history that you quit. The ban registered with the system. You played and completed a match. Then quit another before your previous ban enacted. So in effect you earned another ban, before you'd been informed of your first. So your 11 hour ban was followed by a 22 hour ban (as the ban system basically doubles with each additional infraction) I've seen that reported a couple of times before. Either way you'll have to wait out your ban.

Quote:
Your moderators are unhelpful and don’t know customer service like I do.
That isn't what we're supposed to do. We're moderators. We keep the forum clean and enforce the rules. Most of us are also helpful by nature and try to guide you to the right answer in addition to directing you where to post. The moderator you previously dealt with does know what he is talking about, answered your questions, and did direct you to the appropriate place for you to ask those questions going above and beyond and did so politely.
Quote:
If 343 is in fact in charge of these forums, I have a complaint on the quality of them and layout and most personally, the moderators. Don’t know how you recruit them however I want to assist costumers like they cannot. If you care about your gaming community 343 please respond. I will even send letters if I have to.
Costumers? That's a funny typo. This is the ban thread it's about asking and answering questions about the ban system. If you have something to suggest about formatting the site then there is a thread in GD about improving the waypoint forum experience. If you're just going to complain about the moderation team you can do that via PM.

USMCd3Vil wrote:
Lately I have been getting a popup dialogue box while playing Halo 5 Super Fiesta Games that says, "Connection lost your console has lost connection to the game server". This message kicks me out of the match repeatedly, and I get the banhammer message. I wait until the ban is up and sure enough within a match or two it happens again and again until the banhammer message hits. I immediately test my network connection and multiplayer connection and they are always connected. This seems to be a Halo server issue. It has gotten so bad that I cant even play without frusteration. Any Ideas? Anybody with the same issue? Certainly not worth playing a game that is constantly interrupted. I have rooted out the fact that my internet connection is superb, my live gold account is active, I do not leave games unless this connection error kicks me out. ???????Just looked at the banhammer message, and it say's " Placed on cooldown for 3 days!!!! because of poor connection the the halo server. This is not my poor connection!!!! My connection is lightening fast! I'm giving up on this game
The system is automated. It treats any disconnection or DNF in the same way. There are quite a few threads offering advice on how to better maintain connection to the servers that you can search for that might help you.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
proxiplay wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
*Censorship You do realize there is a terms of service for using this website, right? You are only making yourself look foolish with posts like this.
proxiplay wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
*Censorship You do realize there is a terms of service for using this website, right? You are only making yourself look foolish with posts like this.
Plus, a private person can never violate the Constitution, only the U.S government.
A1tontoyota and ReusableLime20, while I appreciate the lesson in law and whatnot, it's straying off-topic. Please keep this topic for discussing H5 bans :) If you have a question about anything feel free to PM me. Thanks!
I hadn’t played H5 for 16+ hours... So, I get on, start a game, but then have to quit the game because I had to do something. I was sitting in the menus for five minutes, and when I come back it says I was banned for being idle for too long, when I wasn’t in a game. Why, and how, did I get this ban?
I hadn’t played H5 for 16+ hours... So, I get on, start a game, but then have to quit the game because I had to do something. I was sitting in the menus for five minutes, and when I come back it says I was banned for being idle for too long, when I wasn’t in a game. Why, and how, did I get this ban?
On your record you do have a few DNF's. Quitting, idling, and griefing can get you banned. The system looks for patterns and dolls out punishment accordingly.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 239
  4. 240
  5. 241
  6. 242
  7. 243
  8. ...
  9. 306