2. ...
  3. 258
  4. 259
  5. 260
  6. 261
  7. 262
  8. ...
  9. 293
ok, -Yoink- this game. i am officially over halo 5 . its been over 2 years since i played H5, and when i jump on to play finally, i still gotta wait 33 hours. wtf.
11 out of your last 50 matches are dnfs, judging by your other post I assume you were idle in some if not most of them. It isn't the game's fault that you refuse to comply with matchmaking rules.
My name is Joshua Tavenor. I just turned on my xboxonex to play halo 5 guardians and it says that I am banned. What do I do and why am I banned? Can you email me the specifics at redacted My profile is IronTAVenor
My name is Joshua Tavenor. I just turned on my xboxonex to play halo 5 guardians and it says that I am banned. What do I do and why am I banned? Can you email me the specifics at Redacted My profile is IronTAVenor
You have a few DNF's on your service record. Quitting, suicides, griefing are the things that the system looks for then bans. When you get banned the system tells you for how long. If this is your first ban, then it should not be too long.

I would recommend that you edit your post and remove your personal e-mail.
I believe when HALO:INFINITE comes out or gets a banhammer beta, 343i requires to absolutely let the system function as HALO:REACH did. Get killed by a teammate too many times (Mainly 3 times), pop up the options. 1-Report, kick the player for betrayal & send it to the banhammer since he wont stop or 2-Forgive, it was an honest accident & you forgive them (Helps with grifball accidents since i got booted for that on halo5). Secondly, (this might go off topic.) Make requisitions earned like HALO:REACH, let requisitions purchase armor, skins, announcers, etc... Keep the req packs for warzone only.
I believe when HALO:INFINITE comes out or gets a banhammer beta, 343i requires to absolutely let the system function as HALO:REACH did. Get killed by a teammate too many times (Mainly 3 times), pop up the options. 1-Report, kick the player for betrayal & send it to the banhammer since he wont stop or 2-Forgive, it was an honest accident & you forgive them (Helps with grifball accidents since i got booted for that on halo5). Secondly, (this might go off topic.) Make requisitions earned like HALO:REACH, let requisitions purchase armor, skins, announcers, etc... Keep the req packs for warzone only.
You will have much better luck if you post this in the matchmaking feedback thread. This forum is for discussing bans.
So I haven't really played any xbox live game since my college days with Halo 3 and have had some spare time recently b/c I broke my leg.

Anyway, long story short, I got a short ban and I'm trying to figure out why. I did quit a few games here and there, but usually when there was an 0 kill 14 death guy making the game not fun so I don't really think I deserved a ban.

I got booted a few times for Grifball when I wasn't really trying to, does that count for why I got a short ban?

This is pretty silly if so, because you can't control not betraying people if you play Grifball.

Anyway, my question is, now that I've been given a short ban, am I going to get longer and longer bans if I continue playing Grifball? This seems crazy, I get the idea behind it, but it needs to be enforced better so you don't ban people who aren't necessarily negative to the game.
So I haven't really played any xbox live game since my college days with Halo 3 and have had some spare time recently b/c I broke my leg.

Anyway, long story short, I got a short ban and I'm trying to figure out why. I did quit a few games here and there, but usually when there was an 0 kill 14 death guy making the game not fun so I don't really think I deserved a ban.

I got booted a few times for Grifball when I wasn't really trying to, does that count for why I got a short ban?

This is pretty silly if so, because you can't control not betraying people if you play Grifball.

Anyway, my question is, now that I've been given a short ban, am I going to get longer and longer bans if I continue playing Grifball? This seems crazy, I get the idea behind it, but it needs to be enforced better so you don't ban people who aren't necessarily negative to the game.
Just to add to this, I finally figured out how to check my game history and see a lot of ODDBALL DNF's which I don't understand? I think I got booted from an oddball game, but haven't quit any, and the final score on the oddball game is like something crazy like 5-2 when it's playing to 150... so it looks like those games just lost their servers?

Obviously I'm out of my league here. I miss Halo 3 lol.
One funny thing is I do remember getting booted from a game for 3 suicides. They were accidental. I don't know any of these maps because I haven't played Halo of any kind in like 9 years. Booted from the game. Don't boot the guys going 0 kills 14 deaths but boot the guy who doesn't know a map has all these damn holes in it.

Well, Halo's doing a good job encouraging people who stopped playing Halo don't get back into it haha.

Just to add to this, I finally figured out how to check my game history and see a lot of ODDBALL DNF's which I don't understand? I think I got booted from an oddball game, but haven't quit any, and the final score on the oddball game is like something crazy like 5-2 when it's playing to 150... so it looks like those games just lost their servers?

You have 18 dnfs out of 69 games, bans usually seem to start kicking in at about the 10% range. This is most likely why you were banned and yes the bans do double every time you get one and there is no reset.
<p></p>

You have 18 dnfs out of 69 games, bans usually seem to start kicking in at about the 10% range. This is most likely why you were banned and yes the bans do double every time you get one and there is no reset.
<p></p>
And there's no consideration given to Grifball? Or internet lagging you out? Because that probably accounts for at least 12 of my 18.
And there's no consideration given to Grifball? Or internet lagging you out? Because that probably accounts for at least 12 of my 18.
In Grifball you have to betray a teammate multiple times to get booted. If after the first time you don't start playing more carefully, the system could look at that like griefing. Most people who play Grifball manage to not betray their teammates or get booted, so it's entirely controlable.

The system can tell the difference between a quit and a disconnect. However, it can't tell the difference between a disconnect by lag-out and someone who ripped out their ethernet cable/router to cut an internet connection on purpose. Therefore, all DNFs must be treated equally.

Please refrain from posting multiple times in a row. You can edit your posts to add information and respond to more than one person in a single post.

<p></p>
None for grifball, it's just best to play that in a party. If the servers drop you for a fault on their end It almost never shows as a dnf, the game will simply not be on your record. If you are running your xbox on a wireless connection that could explain some of your drops.
Chimera30 wrote:
In Grifball you have to betray a teammate multiple times to get booted. If after the first time you don't start playing more carefully, the system could look at that like griefing. Most people who play Grifball manage to not betray their teammates or get booted, so it's entirely controlable.

The system can tell the difference between a quit and a disconnect. However, it can't tell the difference between a disconnect by lag-out and someone who ripped out their ethernet cable/router to cut an internet connection on purpose. Therefore, all DNFs must be treated equally.
Hell, I haven't been playing for long and I've already been asked whether I wanted to boot someone out of Grifball like 10 times... and only one of the times was the guy trying to kill people by smashing his teammates with no one around. So let's just call a spade a spade. The game punishes you if you like to play Grifball by banning you from using a game you paid money for the sole purpose of accessing online.

Pretty embarrassing. If it becomes a problem with my genuinely trying to play, I'll just return it and get my money back.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I got a short ban after quitting a couple of games because they weren’t including my fireteam. That’s certainly not fair to the rest of the team for me to quit, so I understand that. But shortly before that I had quit two arena matches because the opposing team was doing so poorly it wasn’t even fun (20 to -2 when I quit one of them) and one of the two games the opposing team had only one player left in the game when I quit. (Presumably the other three users quit on their teammate).

Is quitting a game when the opposing team lost most of its members first, while your team has the lead with 20 to -2, penalized?
CyBrian wrote:
Is quitting a game when the opposing team lost most of its members first, while your team has the lead with 20 to -2, penalized?
Yes. Yes it is.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
Do ban lengths decrease if you haven't had a ban in a long time and if they don't then why not? I just got an almost 10 minute ban for an accidental betrayal boot and I think the last time I was banned was like a year and half or two years ago.

I think ban lengths should slowly decrease from your last banned time amount if you've shown good behavior and not had a ban in a long time.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 258
  4. 259
  5. 260
  6. 261
  7. 262
  8. ...
  9. 293