2. ...
  3. 259
  4. 260
  5. 261
  6. 262
  7. 263
  8. ...
  9. 304
I left my Xbox mid game on big team battle one single game. I've never purposely betrayed anyone or suicide. Nor do I have a habit of leaving games early. But after literally 1 idle game I get banned. Does the program accumulate all mistakes and store it forever as a strike against you? Because then there's a flaw for long time gamers that have made a decent amount of mistakes unintentionally, if you play a lot then you make a lot of little mistakes over time and then one day you just break the camels back without even realizing that you a record of any misconduct habits.
I left my Xbox mid game on big team battle one single game. I've never purposely betrayed anyone or suicide. Nor do I have a habit of leaving games early. But after literally 1 idle game I get banned. Does the program accumulate all mistakes and store it forever as a strike against you? Because then there's a flaw for long time gamers that have made a decent amount of mistakes unintentionally, if you play a lot then you make a lot of little mistakes over time and then one day you just break the camels back without even realizing that you a record of any misconduct habits.
I'm fairly certain that idling even one time triggers a short ban.
I had to answer the door an earned a wake up john (fair)then in doubles its 2v1 no teamate even loaded in (cant see their name postgame) I run to overshield get tag teamed, die, realize im alone, and quit BANHAMMER! 10 minsreally? thought you fixed this awhile ago?ok
wait 10 mins...
play dubs and it happens again no teamate from second one..i quit an get a 20 minute banam i supposed to stay an go -25 k/d and have a miserable time because of others?
am I supposed to get banned for quitting like this?
I had to answer the door an earned a wake up john (fair)then in doubles its 2v1 no teamate even loaded in (cant see their name postgame) I run to overshield get tag teamed, die, realize im alone, and quit BANHAMMER! 10 minsreally? thought you fixed this awhile ago?ok
wait 10 mins...
play dubs and it happens again no teamate from second one..i quit an get a 20 minute banam i supposed to stay an go -25 k/d and have a miserable time because of others?
am I supposed to get banned for quitting like this?
You don't get a quit ban if you quit after someone else in the game quit (in ranked games). However, if people dashboard/quit the app before loading in, like at map selection, then the game doesn't register that as a quit, so when you quit it saw you as the first quit. Currently there isn't a way to account for when people leave the game before the match loads. It's crappy, yes, but we have to work with what we've got.

If you load into a match with no teammate, you should not quit. Just play as best you can, or purposefully allow the other team to kill you quickly to end the match quickly (don't idle, though). If you want to ensure that you'll have a teammate in doubles, queue up with a friend or find other players to party up with.
okay:( ya i think they dashboarded out of fear
thanks for the info
There should he no reason to penalize a person for quitting a social game, the player will likely be replaced and its SOCIAL!! Theres no point in sticking around a game if my teammates are less than useless, I dont want to go super negative because I'm essentially fighting 4 guys alone. What a joke.
There should he no reason to penalize a person for quitting a social game, the player will likely be replaced and its SOCIAL!! Theres no point in sticking around a game if my teammates are less than useless, I dont want to go super negative because I'm essentially fighting 4 guys alone. What a joke.
I believe your post is the sort of mentality that makes those penalties necessary.
Congratulations 343 for making such a ridiculous policy that no one likes and requires an entire thread to express frustrations. Coming from a business management point of view how well do you think it works to be pissing your customers off like this? I have suffered one of these ridiculous bans just as everyone has described. I am a seasoned Halo Player, I’ve been playing since the original Halo and I am a die hard fan. But now, this game is ruined for me. This piece of crap will be deleted from my system immediately. Know that gaming is a competitive field, and if you don’t listen to your customers you will ultimately suffer. Just look at the number of complaints you have for this very topic and have you listened? No. I should have listened when all of my friends said Halo is a dead. I can see why. Congratulations to losing yet another fan for your ridiculous antics. For me Halo ended with part 3. Forget this game. You can expect to never hear from me again and you have lost yet another fan. Of course you won’t care. So whatever.
Jaguar3001 wrote:
Congratulations 343 for making such a ridiculous policy that no one likes and requires an entire thread to express frustrations. Coming from a business management point of view how well do you think it works to be pissing your customers off like this? I have suffered one of these ridiculous bans just as everyone has described. I am a seasoned Halo Player, I’ve been playing since the original Halo and I am a die hard fan. But now, this game is ruined for me. This piece of crap will be deleted from my system immediately. Know that gaming is a competitive field, and if you don’t listen to your customers you will ultimately suffer. Just look at the number of complaints you have for this very topic and have you listened? No. I should have listened when all of my friends said Halo is a dead. I can see why. Congratulations to losing yet another fan for your ridiculous antics. For me Halo ended with part 3. Forget this game. You can expect to never hear from me again and you have lost yet another fan. Of course you won’t care. So whatever.
If you have been around that long then you will remember the ban hammer from h3.
You can lift my 6 hour cool down now.,
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts. Please refrain from flaming other users.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Hello I was playing matchmaking and I got kicked from 2 games that claimed I lost connection when my xbox connection was fine and then I was playing on a fiesta map that had many holes in the ground and I kept accidentally dying in them until I was kicked from the game for suicides and now I'm banned until January 11th and I would really appreciate any assistance fixing this please don't ban me because I'm bad at the game
Djavul013 wrote:
You can lift my 6 hour cool down now.,
Unless people only play with a full team they will end up with the same types of players that you mentioned. The great majority of Halo players realize that nothing can be done about it and move on. I rarely play with a full team yet I have a decent k/d and I have never been banned for quitting in over 10,000 games played.
<p></p>
Jaguar3001 wrote:
If you have been around that long then you will remember the ban hammer from h3.
The ban hammer for Halo 3 wasn't as buggy or extreme as the Halo 5 one from my memory. I would have to go afk for 3 minutes, or get 4 teamkills, or 3 teamkills on a single player, or quit out of 3 matches in a row, or quit out of 10 matches in a day before the banhammer slammed on me with any hint of reason. Where's your memory at? The Halo 3 banhammer was quite reasonable. Halo 5, if you get two accidental tks, you're sol and can get banned in one game.
Jaguar3001 wrote:
The ban hammer for Halo 3 wasn't as buggy or extreme as the Halo 5 one from my memory. I would have to go afk for 3 minutes, or get 4 teamkills, or 3 teamkills on a single player, or quit out of 3 matches in a row, or quit out of 10 matches in a day before the banhammer slammed on me with any hint of reason. Where's your memory at? The Halo 3 banhammer was quite reasonable. Halo 5, if you get two accidental tks, you're sol and can get banned in one game.
The only thing about the banhammer that has had significant change would be the amount of dnfs it takes to catch a ban, and that this system is completely automated. I have never been booted after 2 betrayals, maybe it lowers the amount if you have a history of team killing. (I should add that this is my opinion after playing thousands of games and only receiving two idle bans for mexican food).
Jaguar3001 wrote:
The only thing about the banhammer that has had significant change would be the amount of dnfs it takes to catch a ban, and that this system is completely automated. I have never been booted after 2 betrayals, maybe it lowers the amount if you have a history of team killing. (I should add that this is my opinion after playing thousands of games and only receiving two idle bans for mexican food).
Nope. I had it in my recordings as of almost 2 years ago, where I splattered two of my teammates in a wraith trying to turbo away from a hijacking. Near the armory on escape from ARC; as one guy was trying to hop into my turret instead of shooting the blue, and another teammate jumps down from the arch rock towards the vehicle bay of garage. Of course, I got booted for the accidental tks, and received a 1 hour ban. Too bad I can't post videos on this forum from Xboxdvr. And before you accuse me of quitting beforehand, I encourage you to look through the entirety of my service record and conjure up a percentage of my quits/dnfs. Don't try and sugar coat it, or over-glorify the system, because it's not perfect.

Instead, ask people what happened prior to the ban, if there's any patterns, if they think something was wrong connection wise, etc. Make statements about the problems with the game that are known; such as while you're playing on wireless. Don't try to be helpful, but blame everything on the player.
Oh yeah, and A1tontoyoya, if you look at my service record, and look at the game details for the most recent game of Raid on Apex7... you'll notice that every single player "quit" except for two blue players. The whole server desynchronized, while running a 12 man warzone fire team, and gave everyone the loss except for those two blues.
Oh yeah, and A1tontoyoya, if you look at my service record, and look at the game details for the most recent game of Raid on Apex7... you'll notice that every single player "quit" except for two blue players. The whole server desynchronized, while running a 12 man warzone fire team, and gave everyone the loss except for those two blues.
You can send a link to the game in which 2 betrayals got you booted to me in a pm.https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/5283bb1c-bd7b-49ec-a52f-9ab4e32d286b/players/ghost%20chief%20ii?gameHistoryMatchIndex=2&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena That is a link that appears in your game history from last night, this game doesn't appear in my game history but I do remember it as someone on your team was teleporting around. Figure out who that was and you may have a much better experience.
Looking for a battery and replacing my battery and i got banned for idling??? that is why i went to one corner and hide as i replace my battery coz i dont want anybody to take my weapon. GEEEEZ!
I'm fairly certain that idling even one time triggers a short ban.
1, rarely 2 time earns a ban for idling. The system sees idling as more seriously than qutting.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 259
  4. 260
  5. 261
  6. 262
  7. 263
  8. ...
  9. 304