2. ...
  3. 261
  4. 262
  5. 263
  6. 264
  7. 265
  8. ...
  9. 293
Didn't know posting two times in a row was considered spam. Unless he deleted a handful of his posts that I didn't see. I would consider two posts in a row not to be spam if for say, the OP was adding information to the initial post, or asking a different question. I'm not sure if editing the post makes much of a difference.
You may not, but it is in accordance with our community guidelines. This isn't really the place to discuss this though, feel free to reach out to one of the moderation staff if you want to discuss it further
Didn't know posting two times in a row was considered spam. Unless he deleted a handful of his posts that I didn't see. I would consider two posts in a row not to be spam if for say, the OP was adding information to the initial post, or asking a different question. I'm not sure if editing the post makes much of a difference.
There is no need to post consecutively as the 'edit' button is available to add more information to a post that's been made. Therefore posting consecutively is classified as a form of spam. As you can see from the user that I quoted above, there was no need to post another comment saying thank you as that could have been edited into their first post.

If you have further questions about spam or posting consecutively please send me a private message as we are derailing this thread. Thank you kindly.
Okay I got banned because I jumped off a cliff trying to escape shooters. Not on purpose but it just happened twice. I'm trying to have fun here what the -Yoink- is going on? If I can't play I want my -Yoinking!- money back.
Okay I got banned because I jumped off a cliff trying to escape shooters. Not on purpose but it just happened twice. I'm trying to have fun here what the -Yoink- is going on? If I can't play I want my -Yoinking!- money back.
Intentional suiciding is a form of griefing; you're basically helping the enemy team and hindering your team. To prevent this and maintain a fun online experience for everyone, the game will kick you if you get too many suicides, obviously resulting in a DNF for that game (which can lead to a ban). In the future, mind your footing; if you die by falling off a ledge once, obviously don't go jumping off that same ledge again.
<p>Please unban me, genuine mistake of going idle (new kitten), wont happen again!!! 😣😣😥</p>
<p>Please unban me, genuine mistake of going idle (new kitten), wont happen again!!! 😣😣😥</p>
I have never herd of getting un banned, it looks like you will have to wait out the ban.
Can one of the moderators provide some data around how idling bans work?

I idled out of my first game of Halo 5 ever today, and it was social I would never do that in ranked, because I had to go to the bathroom and when I came back I was banned.

People quit out of social slayer all the time, I've never assumed it to be an issue but I've also never once quit or idled out of a single game.....so is it that the first time you idle out of a game you get a short ban as a lesson?

Any kind of clarity would be appreciated, any moderator can check my data....I also aggressively report people who quit in matchmaking and I wonder if some people have incorrectly reported me back out of vengeance and that somehow has led to this....
cicconmr00 wrote:
Can one of the moderators provide some data around how idling bans work?

I idled out of my first game of Halo 5 ever today, and it was social I would never do that in ranked, because I had to go to the bathroom and when I came back I was banned.People quit out of social slayer all the time, I've never assumed it to be an issue but I've also never once quit or idled out of a single game.....so is it that the first time you idle out of a game you get a short ban as a lesson?

Any kind of clarity would be appreciated, any moderator can check my data....I also aggressively report people who quit in matchmaking and I wonder if some people have incorrectly reported me back out of vengeance and that somehow has led to this....
If you're idle for three minutes you'll get kicked and banned. Ban lengths increase exponentially with each infraction. Quitting in patterns or significant amounts will also net you a ban.
Awesome thank you for that, my ban looked like it was only for a few minutes which is fair.
I seem to have been banned for 14 days. My family members complain that they are also unable to play Halo 5 with their accounts. Could you clarify what happened? It just says we got banned for "intentionally ruining the fun for others" which i find highly questionable since we never betray, suicide or quit during matches. So what's the deal here?
I seem to have been banned for 14 days. My family members complain that they are also unable to play Halo 5 with their accounts. Could you clarify what happened? It just says we got banned for "intentionally ruining the fun for others" which i find highly questionable since we never betray, suicide or quit during matches. So what's the deal here?
Where did you see the message that said you were "intentionally ruining the fun for others"? Was it the same message as the ban timer?
Also, 14 days is quite a lengthy ban. Are you sure you don't mean 14 hours? The format of the ban timer is Days : Hours : Minutes : Seconds, so 14 days would look like 14:00:00:00. A ban like that is usually reserved for major infractions, like manipulating matchmaking via deranking or something.
Yes, yesterday when i came home from work and launched Halo 5 i was greeted with a red / black screen stating:

You have been placed on a cool down from Arena matchmaking for intentionally choosing to ruin the fun of the game for other players. Check www.halowaypoint.com/ban for more information. Your cool down will last for the following duration: 13d 11:07:27

I'm unable to find more information about the ban. Is it somewhere in the profile area?
Yes, yesterday when i came home from work and launched Halo 5 i was greeted with a red / black screen stating:

You have been placed on a cool down from Arena matchmaking for intentionally choosing to ruin the fun of the game for other players. Check www.halowaypoint.com/ban for more information. Your cool down will last for the following duration: 13d 11:07:27

I'm unable to find more information about the ban. Is it somewhere in the profile area?
The ban message only appears once upon the first time logging in once the ban's been applied. You may be able to see the ban message again by closing the app fully and restarting it (not sure, never been banned before). It's an automated system. Halowaypoint.com/ban states that phrasing is used for people found cheating or griefing, but I've also been told that it's the default string for the ban message, so I'm not sure what exactly the ban was applied for. I will say that I've never seen a case where a ban of this severity was applied in error.
Chimera30 wrote:

The ban message only appears once upon the first time logging in once the ban's been applied. You may be able to see the ban message again by closing the app fully and restarting it (not sure, never been banned before). It's an automated system. Halowaypoint.com/ban states that phrasing is used for people found cheating or griefing, but I've also been told that it's the default string for the ban message, so I'm not sure what exactly the ban was applied for. I will say that I've never seen a case where a ban of this severity was applied in error.
Someone else just posted in the Support forums about this same exact ban. Went through their game history (recent 100 games), and only found 1 DNF within the last 5 days covering this span. I replied to their thread to post here, as 14 days seems excessively harsh, and we as a community are only able to check DNFs. I noticed nothing out of the ordinary but this person may request being looked into as well.
So I was banned for an entire 14 days (!!!) and do not even know why. I asked about it in a different thread but it got closed (again...don't understand why???).
I am really confused. I get banned for God knows what and when I ask about it I basically get muted by closing my thread without an explanation as to why?
The only thing that's actually been said is that it could have been about griefing or smurfing.
Please look into my account and my latest games to see that I have clearly never done one or the other. I am a regular Halo player with regular scores of a Gold/Platinum player. I am not even good enough to smurf and griefing about a video game is very alien to me. I play with the same people about everyday.

So please do not ignore this but tell me what's going on as this is one of the most unfair things I've come across :'(

Greetings,
Sonya
The bans in discussion were created when the ban system detected an account associated with their consoles that was clearly trying to manipulate the matchmaking and ranking system. Usually the system wants to permaban for that, but we've dialed it back to a temp ban for now.
How do I have anything to do with that??? I use the same account every single day with the same people every single day. I never used a different account. And you can see I play with that account for hours every single day as well. I have clearly NEVER tried to 'manipulate the matchmaking or ranking system'. You must be able to see this in my stats or last thousands of games.
How do I have anything to do with that??? I use the same account every single day with the same people every single day. I never used a different account. And you can see I play with that account for hours every single day as well. I have clearly NEVER tried to 'manipulate the matchmaking or ranking system'. You must be able to see this in my stats or last thousands of games.
Who else uses that console? It's likely that the console was affected due to the negative behavior of other people using it. If you're looking to blame someone I'm sure you'd know who the guilty party was.
My kid was banned and Im not sure why. It also does not indicate how long the ban will last.
My kid was banned and Im not sure why. It also does not indicate how long the ban will last.
The length of the ban is only displayed on the initial ban screen that pops up. If it is his first time being banned, then it is usually only a few minutes.
<p></p>
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 261
  4. 262
  5. 263
  6. 264
  7. 265
  8. ...
  9. 293