2. ...
  3. 266
  4. 267
  5. 268
  6. 269
  7. 270
  8. ...
  9. 290
The graph is the quit rate of any player.

If you only look at solo players it's about the same.

If you only look at duo players, it drops to 50%, which is still too high (pretty much 100% chance one of the two quits, or 50% chance they both quit).
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
The banning system will usually ban 14 days, except in the case of a players on the leaderboards (Champs) it will ban for the current and next season.
I understand this, but do you not see that it is becoming harder and harder for players to find games? The statistics released showed that 240 000 accounts were smurfs and 120 000 were main accounts. Which means the higher ranks are vastly making new accounts just to be able to find games. A small majority may do it for the leaderboards and I understand that. But champion last season was around onyx 1750 which is very low for champion and this season on my ban I was onyx 1510 due to it being the start of the season which put me into champion. This is very very low onyx but we both got hit with 175 days just due to hitting champion rank. My placement games were against champions so I didn't have an easy run to getting ranked and at the time of the ban we had played 17 games on my account to achieve that rank. We are trying to offer feedback to why higher ranked players are making these new accounts (admittedly there will be some players doing it for leaderboards) and now they are getting banned making the higher ranked population lower, making it harder again to find games. The back end of last season and start of this season is when we felt we needed these accounts just to find games which can be seen through the Gunderdog's game history as we always played on mains until last season. The reply you gave is explaining why we got the ban and I understand that. Smurfing was a problem and needed to be solved which honestly I applaud you for.. but with the state of halo 5s population now for higher ranks I'm sure you can see why the community is feeling the need to make these accounts to be able to get games. We would like a discussion about this please. We did ruin the fun of other players and I get that. But we were also unable to have fun because we couldn't find games and with no feedback or solutions to this the community had taking it upon themselves to find one. This lead to making low ranked accounts. We just would like to be seen as people and not a number/statistic so you can understand the reasoning behind the actions. Lowering the search skill level as in champ can match to diamond 1 would be a simple solution for this. As I stated, last season onyx 1750 was around champ which isn't too high and will be what diamonds are aiming to achieve and wouldn't be much different from myself matching a pro player in skill difference. I'm not a pro player. Not at all. But playing against them helped me learn and improve
Where are you getting your smurfing statistics? I'm not familiar with those numbers and they don't look anywhere near accurate to me.

I understand your frustration at finding games, though you will find them fine if you search solo for the most part. But either way, as you stated, that doesn't justify the offense.

We recently went through each playlist with a fine-tooth comb to see if we could expand the search parameters. In Doubles, we roughly doubled the previous width just yesterday.

But that's about as far as we can go in Doubles because Doubles players are extremely sensitive to the skill gap.

Below is a graph of the chance a single player will quit given the skill gap for Doubles. Notice that a gap of only 3 raw MMR results in a 68% chance that one of the players will quit, or a 100% chance that at least one of them will quit, and 36% chance the other will too. That would completely ruin any doubles match.

So we can't go looser than we do now without allowing meaningless matches.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/halo-5-s-true-population-size/6ea2f30b-2be5-4dd5-af3b-b68deec25e0e/posts?page=1

This is the link to the statistics I saw with the 120 000 mains and 240 000 smurf accounts. This was done by a member of the community it seems so the authenticity I'm unsure of (which I didnt check at the time) but as a community it has been the only statistics that we are able to view (again, unless they are on another site/thread that I'm unaware of)
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
The banning system will usually ban 14 days, except in the case of a players on the leaderboards (Champs) it will ban for the current and next season.
I understand this, but do you not see that it is becoming harder and harder for players to find games? The statistics released showed that 240 000 accounts were smurfs and 120 000 were main accounts. Which means the higher ranks are vastly making new accounts just to be able to find games. A small majority may do it for the leaderboards and I understand that. But champion last season was around onyx 1750 which is very low for champion and this season on my ban I was onyx 1510 due to it being the start of the season which put me into champion. This is very very low onyx but we both got hit with 175 days just due to hitting champion rank. My placement games were against champions so I didn't have an easy run to getting ranked and at the time of the ban we had played 17 games on my account to achieve that rank. We are trying to offer feedback to why higher ranked players are making these new accounts (admittedly there will be some players doing it for leaderboards) and now they are getting banned making the higher ranked population lower, making it harder again to find games. The back end of last season and start of this season is when we felt we needed these accounts just to find games which can be seen through the Gunderdog's game history as we always played on mains until last season. The reply you gave is explaining why we got the ban and I understand that. Smurfing was a problem and needed to be solved which honestly I applaud you for.. but with the state of halo 5s population now for higher ranks I'm sure you can see why the community is feeling the need to make these accounts to be able to get games. We would like a discussion about this please. We did ruin the fun of other players and I get that. But we were also unable to have fun because we couldn't find games and with no feedback or solutions to this the community had taking it upon themselves to find one. This lead to making low ranked accounts. We just would like to be seen as people and not a number/statistic so you can understand the reasoning behind the actions. Lowering the search skill level as in champ can match to diamond 1 would be a simple solution for this. As I stated, last season onyx 1750 was around champ which isn't too high and will be what diamonds are aiming to achieve and wouldn't be much different from myself matching a pro player in skill difference. I'm not a pro player. Not at all. But playing against them helped me learn and improve
Where are you getting your smurfing statistics? I'm not familiar with those numbers and they don't look anywhere near accurate to me.

I understand your frustration at finding games, though you will find them fine if you search solo for the most part. But either way, as you stated, that doesn't justify the offense.

We recently went through each playlist with a fine-tooth comb to see if we could expand the search parameters. In Doubles, we roughly doubled the previous width just yesterday.

But that's about as far as we can go in Doubles because Doubles players are extremely sensitive to the skill gap.

Below is a graph of the chance a single player will quit given the skill gap for Doubles. Notice that a gap of only 3 raw MMR results in a 68% chance that one of the players will quit, or a 100% chance that at least one of them will quit, and 36% chance the other will too. That would completely ruin any doubles match.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/halo-5-s-true-population-size/6ea2f30b-2be5-4dd5-af3b-b68deec25e0e/posts?page=1

This is the link to the statistics I saw with the 120 000 mains and 240 000 smurf accounts. This was done by a member of the community it seems so the authenticity I'm unsure of (which I didnt check at the time) but as a community it has been the only statistics that we are able to view (again, unless they are on another site/thread that I'm unaware of)
Yeah, that's not accurate at all. We are able to dedupe alt accounts, and it's by far not 2:1 like that. The pop estimates are also way off. There are a lot more than that. Interesting post though.
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:

Yeah, that's not accurate at all. We are able to dedupe alt accounts, and it's by far not 2:1 like that. The pop estimates are also way off. There are a lot more than that. Interesting post though.
As a community these are the only stats that have been available for us to view (to my knowledge) and we haven't seen any update posts for playlists. So as a community we have nothing to go on or ways to find out what changes are happening meaning to our knowledge making smurf accounts are the only way for us to find games because as far as we are aware there aren't any changes happening for higher ranked players to find games. This then leads to higher ranked players being banned and further decreasing the population creating a snowball effect of losing players and increasing search times. It is 100% your game and your choices of how you approach situations but I feel with lack of communication between developer and community that halo 5 is slowly losing its population and as a player from halo 3 I hate to see this happening. I'm simply giving feedback for a ban that I feel has been a bit unjust for a first time offence, at the start of a new season when only trying to fix a problem that we didn't know was being looked into. But thank you for the clarification and communicating with us on this issue.
ZaedynFel,

I'll add in as well that we are thankful for the clarification with all this. The changes you discussed to broadening the doubles matching criteria is exactly what we have been after, so we're grateful for the changes to help the community. You can see the confusion we have faced, basing our actions around the only statistics we had to hand.

In light of all this discussion can we perhaps now discuss the length of the ban? We feel 175 days for entering onyx 1505 (and by extension, falling into champ!) is somewhat extreme for two players' first offense. And clearly, you can see we are very passionate about H5! It would be unfortunate to try find other games till September 2nd based on what you have read here.
ZaedynFel,

I'll add in as well that we are thankful for the clarification with all this. The changes you discussed to broadening the doubles matching criteria is exactly what we have been after, so we're grateful for the changes to help the community. You can see the confusion we have faced, basing our actions around the only statistics we had to hand.

In light of all this discussion can we perhaps now discuss the length of the ban? We feel 175 days for entering onyx 1505 (and by extension, falling into champ!) is somewhat extreme for two players' first offense. And clearly, you can see we are very passionate about H5! It would be unfortunate to try find other games till September 2nd based on what you have read here.
You do have a fair point that you were pre-season Champs and not late season ones, so I'll see what enforcement thinks.
That's kind, thanks for checking.
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel,

You do have a fair point that you were pre-season Champs and not late season ones, so I'll see what enforcement thinks.
In Mexico, we are many people with the same problem, a ban of 175 days is exaggerated for people who commit their first penalty, and more when halo 5 is losing its population, I stream that game and at this moment I no longer have Champs. Would be grateful if you could reconsider that ban, for something lower, 15 days would be fine, since it is our first mistake. We also have the right to fail.
Alldo Mex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel,

In Mexico, we are many people with the same problem, a ban of 175 days is exaggerated for people who commit their first penalty, and more when halo 5 is losing its population, I stream that game and at this moment I no longer have Champs. Would be grateful if you could reconsider that ban, for something lower, 15 days would be fine, since it is our first mistake. We also have the right to fail.
Your situation is different. This is the difference between 1500-level Champs (not really Champs), and #1 Champ (in your case), which is a lot more abusive.
good afternoon
I share what was said by my community partners.
In the same way I was banned for 175 days, I know what I did was wrong and personally I feel sorry, I know that creating lower-level accounts affects the fun of others, personally believes them because it was excessive to find a game and to some extent boring, (I do not try to justify myself) but this penalty is somewhat excessive, because I practically bought the xbox for the halo and now I feel frustrated because I did not receive any warning, and I did not know about the changes that would be made to the regulation, in my opinion when one looked at the daily messages published in the game I watched important news, but it is important for me to communicate what is being done (I am referring to the investigation of the low level accounts) and the measures that are going to be taken to eradicate this. I feel that in that part communication was lost a bit.
Returning, instantly, I was banned, without a previous warning, for me that is important, because one does not know what is being done wrong until they announce it or correct it, but as I mentioned earlier, the ban is excessive.
I would like to know what is going to happen, I do not know if I hope to buy another game or sell the xbox. I get some important information.
Thanks for your attention

This post has been hidden.

ZaedynFel wrote:
Alldo Mex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel,

Your situation is different. This is the difference between 1500-level Champs (not really Champs), and #1 Champ (in your case), which is a lot more abusive.
I'm not champ # 1, how much I've arrived is # 110 I think, and I'm currently Onix. I think that's why I deserve a reconsideration in my house. Since I never tried to abuse the system, I just did not know it was good and that it was wrong. There was no warning, just a very long punishment, for someone who is making his first mistake. I am seriously thinking about selling my xbox, since halo 5 is the only thing I play, it is not a threat to you, since a single player will not affect the whole world of Halo, I only express my opinion based on what another person with This same problem they are thinking. Since this punishment is exaggerated and even unfair to many people. I hope not only an answer if I do not solve, it's been 2 days without being able to play and counting ..
good afternoon
Like the other classmates banned me for 175 days and I think it's something excessive, I know that the use of secondary accounts ruins the happiness of someone, but have they started thinking or seeing the community?
I looked with my colleagues in the original accounts and it took us up to 2 hours to find something illogical that they gave us just for that reason and do not take into account that it takes hours to find a game, the only reason why I continue in xbox is halo and I find it very difficult to be without playing this game and its banning is very excessive I understand them but I think the most appropriate is 10 or 14 days of banning not 175!
I hope they can solve something because halo is very important for many people!
It is not fair that they are doing this kind of bangles to people who play clean even worse is the servers are disgusting, I mean you can only get to find a game if you use a new account, as you can play, I can not see just this error, that way they will make the game die and I think that the 175 days is exaggerated, just as their game is going to die completely.
Like other people I've been banned for 175 days, so I've read is due to the use of Smurf accounts.
This shows that the 343 team doesn't have the minimum attention on their H5 community, in case, they didn't know, we have many players that we can't play together because the rank system doesn't find a game, and this ruins us too much that we still have teams and we want to practice in matchmaking, which is completely impossible cause the game never find a match for us, this forces us to create new accounts to be able to find games, it's the only exit that you, 343, leave us, so I don't understand the reason for such an excessive ban, if you don't like the Smurf account are used, fix your rank system so that players like me and my teammates we can find games and don't wait to hours looking for a match, I really hope a quick and good solution.
The 6 month bans are not for smurfing, they are for boosting to near the top of the Champ leaderboard. That goes well beyond just making alt accounts in order to matchmake.

In the banning logs it's very obvious these accounts were boosting, not just smurfing, and for that, they do not get to finish this or the next ranked season.

In past Halos, leaderboard rank boosting was an automatic lifetime permanent console ban from matchmaking, relative to that, Enforcement is being lenient with only seasonal bans.

When players do this, they ruin the game for everyone in their placement matches, and then they ruin the game for everyone they play against that they shouldn't be playing against.

It also drastically raises the quit rates of everyone they play against (there were a ton more quits from players in just the games these players played in), which leads to a spreading network of negativity and disengagement among all of the players affected.

Just because there isn't enough pop in a playlist to matchmake a stacked team doesn't justify ruining the game for a much larger group of players than just yourself. If you can't matchmake, it means there aren't any matches available that would be fair for a stacked team, and not lead to ruining someone elses' game. In those cases, you have to play in smaller parties just like every other Halo, and not ruin the game for other players.

We lose a lot more players due to deranking and boosting than we do to banning the small amount that do this.
Alldo Mex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
Alldo Mex wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel,

I'm not champ # 1, how much I've arrived is # 110 I think, and I'm currently Onix. I think that's why I deserve a reconsideration in my house. Since I never tried to abuse the system, I just did not know it was good and that it was wrong. There was no warning, just a very long punishment, for someone who is making his first mistake. I am seriously thinking about selling my xbox, since halo 5 is the only thing I play, it is not a threat to you, since a single player will not affect the whole world of Halo, I only express my opinion based on what another person with This same problem they are thinking. Since this punishment is exaggerated and even unfair to many people. I hope not only an answer if I do not solve, it's been 2 days without being able to play and counting ..
The account you were boosting with attained a high rank in Champ.

There's no warning for banning for rank-boosting because it's so obviously a terrible behavior. It ruinis the game for everyone the account touches.

The goal here is that enforcement doesn't want boosters on the leaderboards, and so they are banned from affecting them both the current and next seasons.
ZaedynFel wrote:
The 6 month bans are not for smurfing, they are for boosting to near the top of the Champ leaderboard. That goes well beyond just making alt accounts in order to matchmake.

In the banning logs it's very obvious these accounts were boosting, not just smurfing, and for that, they do not get to finish this or the next ranked season.

In past Halos, leaderboard rank boosting was an automatic lifetime permanent console ban from matchmaking, relative to that, Enforcement is being lenient with only seasonal bans.

When players do this, they ruin the game for everyone in their placement matches, and then they ruin the game for everyone they play against that they shouldn't be playing against.

It also drastically raises the quit rates of everyone they play against (there were a ton more quits from players in just the games these players played in), which leads to a spreading network of negativity and disengagement among all of the players affected.

Just because there isn't enough pop in a playlist to matchmake a stacked team doesn't justify ruining the game for a much larger group of players than just yourself. If you can't matchmake, it means there aren't any matches available that would be fair for a stacked team, and not lead to ruining someone elses' game. In those cases, you have to play in smaller parties just like every other Halo, and not ruin the game for other players.

We lose a lot more players due to deranking and boosting than we do to banning the small amount that do this.
I agree with you but I've been champion for 5 seasons and for one time only one of my teammates enters a smurf with a platinum rank. Do they give me a 6 month ban?
it's something very unfair, I accept 2 or 3 weeks but months?
and more apart you comment that players lose for that reason, lose more players unnecessarily banning players who only seek to find a game and not waiting 3 or 4 hours to play a single game, and another good thing is fine if my account has already been banned. Well, why not play on another account?
he paid for my gold, he paid for my Halo 5 and they refuse to play me just because we resorted to using a platinum account to find a game?
Do not you feel it's very drastic?
I tell you good if I got ban from my main account I accept it even if it is somewhat exaggerated, but why not let it play in other accounts, is it even in other consoles it leaves me?
this is worthy of demand because they forbid us to play something for what we pay.
Your server kicked me out 5 times and now I’m banned you guys need to lift bans if it’s your fault that I can’t play the game.
It is absurd 175 days to "play with low accounts" is not our fault that their pairings are wrong, when I play alone I always find "low accounts and it's not my fault.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 266
  4. 267
  5. 268
  6. 269
  7. 270
  8. ...
  9. 290