3. 267
  4. 268
  5. 269
  6. 270
  7. 271
  8. ...
  9. 280
ANGIOLET93 wrote:
Your server kicked me out 5 times and now I’m banned you guys need to lift bans if it’s your fault that I can’t play the game.
Not going to happen I'm afraid - leaves the game open to abuse if people could just disconnect from their network, claim they were kicked and not be penalised for it. All disconnects need to be treated the same
so wait if you were banned for being idle is it possible for you to be permanently banned just from being idle??? cuz that makes no sense... people will stop purchasing the game from bad reviews and halo i am positive will have to un-ban everyone if they want to stay alive...
idle is a common thing in games and not for the reason of "cheating" our way through or whatever as you may think, halo. im idle in minecraft a lot, but they simply just dont give me any experience points for those multiplayer matches which is fine since i wasnt there. can't you do something like that?
also how do i check how much longer i am banned? cuz it wont tell me...just sayd one or more on your team has been banned... i was just away in the bathroom for a minute or two...
McB Live wrote:
also how do i check how much longer i am banned? cuz it wont tell me...just sayd one or more on your team has been banned... i was just away in the bathroom for a minute or two...
Try closing the H5 app, then reopen it to see if the ban message reappears

I don’t think you can get permabanned for idling. If you get banned often, then your ban could be long, but not likely permanent.

The game doesn’t kick you for idling until 3 min have passed, so you were in the bathroom for a bit longer than 1 or 2 minutes.
iWaiLeD wrote:
It is absurd 175 days to "play with low accounts" is not our fault that their pairings are wrong, when I play alone I always find "low accounts and it's not my fault.
We do not ban for that.
Being honest and short here, i was smurfing other accounts but not my main account. 168 day ban to all my accounts. I'm guessing it was a console I.D banned. Lesson learned. Will buying a new Xbox and using my banned gamertag let me play matchmaking (I'm speaking about my main account banned for association to the my console i.d. I suppose) .
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not make inappropriate comments or flame / attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Got banned yesterday after I quit 3 times through the day, I quit second once third once and last once, I want to know why me quitting third and last gets me a ban. Granted the ban was small and I understand that quitting second is probably not ok but quitting third and last should not earn me a strike in my opinion. could you please explain why you think quitting third and last on a game should earn me a strike and potential ban? Thank you.
McB Live wrote:
so wait if you were banned for being idle is it possible for you to be permanently banned just from being idle??? cuz that makes no sense... people will stop purchasing the game from bad reviews and halo i am positive will have to un-ban everyone if they want to stay alive...
idle is a common thing in games and not for the reason of "cheating" our way through or whatever as you may think, halo. im idle in minecraft a lot, but they simply just dont give me any experience points for those multiplayer matches which is fine since i wasnt there. can't you do something like that?
Dude you shouldn't be idle mate simple, The came is balanced on a knife edge and someone being idle at the start of a game can mean the difference between a win and a loss and although you may not be bothered some people want to win games and not get trashed.
I was playing Big TeamFiesta or whatever and I suddenly got kicked because I was repeatedly killing myself, then was banned for griefing my teammates. I kept trying to jump onto a platform, but fell off and died every time. As for griefing, I did grief in a Warzone Firefight match about 2-3 days ago, but then considered the fact that running over teammates might be illegall, so l stopped. I was only banned for 10 minutes, but I would like to know why I got banned.
I was playing Big TeamFiesta or whatever and I suddenly got kicked because I was repeatedly killing myself, then was banned for griefing my teammates. I kept trying to jump onto a platform, but fell off and died every time. As for griefing, I did grief in a Warzone Firefight match about 2-3 days ago, but then considered the fact that running over teammates might be illegall, so l stopped. I was only banned for 10 minutes, but I would like to know why I got banned.
Repeated suicides can be used as form of griefing, as it lowers your team's score, making it harder for your team to win. If you accidentally kill yourself in a match via a failed jump, badly placed grenade, etc., the best thing to do is to change your strategy and not repeat the behavior. Otherwise, you end up continually killing yourself, at which point it can't really be considered an accident anymore. Maybe your intent wasn't to grief your team, but by continually suiciding, that's ultimately what your behavior was doing, and so the game booted you to stop that behavior.
Just wanted to post i was banned last night 2 times due to 6 lagouts not caused by my network. Stayed in party chat the whole time, but lagged out of many games. Very frustrating.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/2af8d06c-37d6-41fe-909f-12a4639d4217/players/fox%20killa?gameHistoryMatchIndex=24&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/50c86e80-97a0-48bf-ae1d-ff12004587b0/players/fox%20killa?gameHistoryMatchIndex=22&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/e5a208b0-66c0-4804-ab15-e875d50d7eb9/players/fox%20killa?gameHistoryMatchIndex=13&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/d0e403ca-fb10-4c67-b2db-7433889796cc/players/fox%20killa?gameHistoryMatchIndex=10&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/c329267d-673e-4452-9b9b-c499b730831b/players/fox%20killa?gameHistoryMatchIndex=7&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/c9bc39eb-6e4d-49b7-9fda-3c13fc36da4a/players/fox%20killa?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=Arena
I was banned for like 5 minutes my son likes to play as well and since he’s only 4 it’s hard telling what he did lol. Anyway after reading these posts I’m surprised I’ve only had that single ban cause I’ll play and do pretty well for a while then he plays and I don’t watch him for a bit so I can’t imagine what he’s been doing! He knows not to run over teammates, and knows he can’t quit the game or just sit there. But he’s notorious for getting a scout or mongoose and driving around aimlessly so now I’m wondering if if I gotta watch him at all times and intervene when he’s messing up 🤷‍♂️ He gets so upset cause he’s trying his best and wants to get better so if I grab the controller he obviously gets upset. We mainly play war zone. Glad I came across this cause I never had a clue the severity that can be brought down. Having said that I do get it’s a team game and if you’re bringing down the team it’s only fair. So I’ll continue to play as we have been cause like I said it only happened once. He came running in and said the Xbox broke. I looked and didn’t know what was going on I’d never heard of the ban hammer! See you on the field Spartans 🔥🔥
FoX KiLLa wrote:
Just wanted to post i was banned last night 2 times due to 6 lagouts not caused by my network. Stayed in party chat the whole time, but lagged out of many games. Very frustrating....
Question for 343i: Why would the ban hammer come down on someone who gets disconnected from a H5 match while their XBL party is still running smoothly?
Why is such a game disconnect the responsibility of the player (repeated disconnects of this particular kind still result in H5 rewarding the player with an auto-ban, don't they?)
What actually causes those kind of disconnects? I doubt a single or even a handful of "lost" packages would cause that since the TCP/IP protocol typically has enough fault tolerance to mitigate that.
FoX KiLLa wrote:
Just wanted to post i was banned last night 2 times due to 6 lagouts not caused by my network. Stayed in party chat the whole time, but lagged out of many games. Very frustrating....
Question for 343i: Why would the ban hammer come down on someone who gets disconnected from a H5 match while their XBL party is still running smoothly?
Why is such a game disconnect the responsibility of the player (repeated disconnects of this particular kind still result in H5 rewarding the player with an auto-ban, don't they?)
What actually causes those kind of disconnects? I doubt a single or even a handful of "lost" packages would cause that since the TCP/IP protocol typically has enough fault tolerance to mitigate that.
Problem is trying to determine whether the internet was wonky of the cord was unplugged. The system treats them all the same.
FoX KiLLa wrote:
Problem is trying to determine whether the internet was wonky of the cord was unplugged. The system treats them all the same.
The problem is exactly that :)
It shouldn't be rocket science for 343i to sync their data with that of another Microsoft subsidiary/division to determine whether the issue was with the connection to the H5 dedicated server only or if both the H5 DS and Xbox Live in general noticed that the GT in question had any kind of disconnect.
The punishment for getting disconnected from the H5 DS is harsh enough in terms of lost XP and waste of time - when it is out of the control of the player.

And to make it clear: when you know you have a bad connection and your router or modem are already sending smoke signals indicating they have seen better days then that is in the control of the player :)
I’m screwed I just had 2 games in a row that I was returned to the lobby for inactivity. Batteries in my control went dead so as I was changing them I got a wake up John message. Changed batteries and they registered as fully charged on the menu but round to came and them batteries also died 😡 guess I’ll find out tomorrow after I get new batteries if the hammer drops 🤦🏼‍♂️
The problem is exactly that :)
It shouldn't be rocket science for 343i to sync their data with that of another Microsoft subsidiary/division to determine whether the issue was with the connection to the H5 dedicated server only or if both the H5 DS and Xbox Live in general noticed that the GT in question had any kind of disconnect.
The punishment for getting disconnected from the H5 DS is harsh enough in terms of lost XP and waste of time - when it is out of the control of the player.
If it was as easy as this to do, 343 would have implemented this a long time ago. This issue is not being able to discern the difference between a user dropping from the server or unluggin their cable / switching off their wifi. They're just no longer in game and the game is no longer receiving information from that client. We don't have the tech yet to see if this is something that the user has done, hence why they need to be treated the same. Left unchecked it becomes open to abuse, as we seen late last year with MCC.
stckrboy wrote:
If it was as easy as this to do, 343 would have implemented this a long time ago. This issue is not being able to discern the difference between a user dropping from the server or unluggin their cable / switching off their wifi. They're just no longer in game and the game is no longer receiving information from that client. We don't have the tech yet to see if this is something that the user has done, hence why they need to be treated the same. Left unchecked it becomes open to abuse, as we seen late last year with MCC.
When someone disconnects from the game but their Xbox Live connection is still active they apparently haven't unplugged their cable nor turned off their wifi. I hope this is one simple fact we can agree upon.
Don't get me wrong, I am all for punishing the offender since I hardly hate anything more than [pick something very colorful lol] early quitters and other DNFs.

But what you are saying (and what in reality is happening) is like the crime lab declaring everyone guilty just because they ran out of test strips.

I know I am over simplifying now just so that the basic principle can be seen:
Game notices a DNF -> Game notifies XBL -> XBL checks whether GT had a disconnect on XBL as well or whether console reports 'dashboarding' (this might need to be implemented but shouldn't be rocket science either) -> XBL sends results back to Game server -> if complete disconnect or dashboarding was detected game server takes action

Shouldn't Microsoft/343i follow the principle of 'in dubio pro reo' rather than 'shoot first then ask'?
However, with proper data collection there shouldn't be much doubt left about who is guilty :)
I’m screwed I just had 2 games in a row that I was returned to the lobby for inactivity. Batteries in my control went dead so as I was changing them I got a wake up John message. Changed batteries and they registered as fully charged on the menu but round to came and them batteries also died 😡 guess I’ll find out tomorrow after I get new batteries if the hammer drops 🤦🏼‍♂️
Here's what I do to prevent 'wake up John' messages and potential ban hammers due to empty batteries:

Not all batteries are created equally! Your controller draws quite some juice out of them.
NiMH batteries typically have a lower voltage than some other types of batteries.
NiMH batteries also have a significantly lower mAh rating (some as low as 1200 mAh)
The mAh rating gives you an idea how long the batteries will last in your controller before being replaced/recharged (the higher the mAh the longer the battery last on a single charge).

I use rechargeable AA batteries only. I look for rechargeable batteries with 2400 mAh. I rotate 6 for one controller. I start recharging 4 of them once I put the last 2 in the controller. Charging the batteries takes about 5 hours while one set of 2400 mAh batteries lasts for at least 12-15 hours of game play (depends a bit on vibrate on/off and other things).
While I try to pay attention to the Xbox notification about low batteries in the controller it has happened that the controller went out on me in the middle of a match. Replacing them takes less than 30 seconds which is way below the 'wake up John' threshold of I think 3 minutes.

A good charger tells you when the batteries are too degraded and your controller is quite unforgiving when you try to use those degraded batteries. It is time to say good bye to them.

With that you shouldn't have to worry about getting a ban due to empty batteries.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 267
  4. 268
  5. 269
  6. 270
  7. 271
  8. ...
  9. 280