3. 272
  4. 273
  5. 274
  6. 275
  7. 276
  8. ...
  9. 280
Lt Ankia wrote:
Yah well sometimes you have to use a nerf account becuase the system wont match you up with anyone if you dont. If you looked to when i got banned it was like an hour in between matches before our so called friend was like i can jump on a lower account so we can get a match, bam! Insta que aaaand not only that both the macthes we played that night were against diamonds and champs anyways so no easy match was ever given! But naw how could we have known his account would be bronze one before we played with him when people wouldnt care to check the rank of someone they know before they play the match then bam the ban goes into effect! And alls we wanted was to play a match against our ranks of course and only did ever fight people our ranks but no your que system wont let us match late night games without nerfing our ranks alil. Now i admit all those games that guy threw to be bronze 1, totally bannable excuse, but my two friends and i who were just trying to get a match hurt no one and did no wrong! And further more you dont even need to reply 343 becuase i know you wont lift the bans.. i just want you to know how fed up i am with you guys and your supposable perfect banning system that bans for waaay too long When most people are accidental bystanderds in this! Who only just wanted to play this amazing game that you created for them! All ruined cuase your gods with all the power and banning indiscriminately, Like someone who overthrows a king and kills all of his family and all the friends of his family just so that they won’t be overthrown. Banning is necessary but not for everyone associated, The lesson can be learned so much easier than that. :’(,’,’ and In life when things aren't working people explore new ways to fix them without ill intent, like your matchmaking not giving us a game unless we lower our ranks. Should it be a bannable offense to try and quick fix something you guys havent been able to perfect yet? idk for sure but people will continue to do it as long as the matchmaking wont que and they will continusly get banned and hate you guys for not understanding with mercy afterword. Loseing you more and more loyal fans in the long run. i hope that by writing this doesn’t farther ban me, do not bully me please..
Unfortunately, having someone party with you in order to get around long wait times will get you banned.

The long wait times are there because, especially in a full party, there aren't any other good full parties for you to play against, or even groups of good solo players.

When you bring someone in to get you matches anyways in those situations, you are literally driving players out of the game. We measure this pretty closely and the amount of people a to4 like that drives away from the game in a single night is not worth letting the to4 play as they are.

If that is happening, it means there are no fair challengers around, and you would be better to drop the size of your party to play.

We know it's not ideal, and we're discussing how to help that in the future, but for now, the best compromise is to make sure teams are fair.
ZaedynFel wrote:
CAsShadow wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
CAsShadow wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
CAsShadow wrote:
Apparently I have been banned and I have no idea why. It just says banned for 2 weeks. How do I find out?
2 week bans are applied for matchmaking/rank manipulation. You can find more info here.
Told my wife I got banned for 2 weeks (I'm 57), she laughed - your kidding right? Nope - still no clue why. Somebody advised I was manipulating matchmaking/ranking. No reason to believe that based on what I read - I'm a gold 6, I'm usually gold something. According to my stats I win a bit more than I lose. No big changes there. Nothing obvious on dnf - does not seem to be anything anywhere that says dnf = 14 day suspension - I'll have to check how many - at first glance some I finished looked like dnfs - no reason to think a disconnect happens at the end of a game - unless there is a keystroke entry that trips something like hitting b once the games over.

So apparently I have 14 days to keep asking what the reason was unless you can also get banned for asking why.... - Anyone know what the monitoring turnaround time is for this thread by 343? Who has access to the ban flag database? Is there some reason for 343 not telling people what they were flagged for and their stats?
Unfortunately 343's mind reading software is still in it's infancy and cannot tell if you intended to play with a de ranker or if it happened by accident. Until that program is perfected they will have to make assumptions and hand out bans based on the evidence they have at hand.
Yes, unfortunately if you party with a player who has played intentionally worse than they really are, it looks to the banning system like you are complicit in ruining the experience for the players that you play against. When this happens, you get a match significantly easier than it should be, and your opponents have a much worse experience than they should.

In the majority of cases, when this happens, it's a group of friends intentionally manipulating the matchmaking to get easier matches, which is a severe offense because the scope of the damage it causes. It's also not one we give warning about because 99.999% of the time the players know exactly what they are doing.
So I'm hearing this happens if I join a party (which - if I don't personally know them and the system can't tell me they are a risk before I join I don't plan to do anymore - chalk it up to great idea but not a helpful feature until you can warn people before they join there might be a problem).

So if I don't do any party's and the system matches me with someone or a team of cheaters - I won't get tagged - correct? This is an important question.

I can say the person I played with was only there for one game because something got messed up - I was in their party but they were not in any of my matches after the first game and ultimately I got a message saying I had been dropped from the party after a few games. They also said they had been getting their butt kicked all day - which maybe translates to the system deciding someone was cheating.
The ban system looks at Fireteam members, not teammates in this case.
Correct me if I'm wrong - Fireteam refers to players who invite others to join them in matching. Fireteam is not all of the people the game decides to put on my team in a match. What I want to avoid here if that is correct is forming or joining Halo Guardian Fireteams - until someone tells me I'm not going to get locked out by the system without telling me what happened and being told how to avoid it.

I hear people when they say - but we can't tell if it's intentional, worse things could happen and we are doing the best we can. On the other hand if I tell my customers its really difficult, we can't tell them who's problem it was and we need them to sit there and wait until the timer expires - you know what happens - their gone in a heartbeat.

Think about it - eating at a restaurant, shopping at a store, maintaining your vehicle - this is the perspective 343 needs to have on problem solving. I know its a game - it's also a business and your taking money to provide a service.

I can't imagine a problem so bad in my line of business that would result in customers being told they'll just have to accept the shortcomings. This literally has to be a horrible problem - or the company has literally no perspective with regard to customer service (granted I know most players are young). Pass this along to Bonnie Ross please - I have not seen any way to contact her outside of this forum - which - is another problem - I think I actually have better ability to get in contact with Mark Zuckerberg or Jeff Bezos and from personal experience - if you tell Jeff there might be an issue - he has a staff of managers that don't get to walk away until its fixed.
I got banned for killing a teammate who wouldn't stop shooting me. 3 or the 4 people on the other team quit, and this guy just wouldn't leave me alone. What kind of BS is that? I can't even figure out who to complain to to get it lifted or to report the player.
I can't even figure out who to complain to to get it lifted or to report the player.
You can report the player for Unsporting Behavior via Xbox Live.
CAsShadow wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
CAsShadow wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
CAsShadow wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
CAsShadow wrote:
Apparently I have been banned and I have no idea why. It just says banned for 2 weeks. How do I find out?
2 week bans are applied for matchmaking/rank manipulation. You can find more info here.
Told my wife I got banned for 2 weeks (I'm 57), she laughed - your kidding right? Nope - still no clue why. Somebody advised I was manipulating matchmaking/ranking. No reason to believe that based on what I read - I'm a gold 6, I'm usually gold something. According to my stats I win a bit more than I lose. No big changes there. Nothing obvious on dnf - does not seem to be anything anywhere that says dnf = 14 day suspension - I'll have to check how many - at first glance some I finished looked like dnfs - no reason to think a disconnect happens at the end of a game - unless there is a keystroke entry that trips something like hitting b once the games over.

So apparently I have 14 days to keep asking what the reason was unless you can also get banned for asking why.... - Anyone know what the monitoring turnaround time is for this thread by 343? Who has access to the ban flag database? Is there some reason for 343 not telling people what they were flagged for and their stats?
Unfortunately 343's mind reading software is still in it's infancy and cannot tell if you intended to play with a de ranker or if it happened by accident. Until that program is perfected they will have to make assumptions and hand out bans based on the evidence they have at hand.
Yes, unfortunately if you party with a player who has played intentionally worse than they really are, it looks to the banning system like you are complicit in ruining the experience for the players that you play against. When this happens, you get a match significantly easier than it should be, and your opponents have a much worse experience than they should.

In the majority of cases, when this happens, it's a group of friends intentionally manipulating the matchmaking to get easier matches, which is a severe offense because the scope of the damage it causes. It's also not one we give warning about because 99.999% of the time the players know exactly what they are doing.
So I'm hearing this happens if I join a party (which - if I don't personally know them and the system can't tell me they are a risk before I join I don't plan to do anymore - chalk it up to great idea but not a helpful feature until you can warn people before they join there might be a problem).

So if I don't do any party's and the system matches me with someone or a team of cheaters - I won't get tagged - correct? This is an important question.

I can say the person I played with was only there for one game because something got messed up - I was in their party but they were not in any of my matches after the first game and ultimately I got a message saying I had been dropped from the party after a few games. They also said they had been getting their butt kicked all day - which maybe translates to the system deciding someone was cheating.
The ban system looks at Fireteam members, not teammates in this case.
Correct me if I'm wrong - Fireteam refers to players who invite others to join them in matching. Fireteam is not all of the people the game decides to put on my team in a match. What I want to avoid here if that is correct is forming or joining Halo Guardian Fireteams - until someone tells me I'm not going to get locked out by the system without telling me what happened and being told how to avoid it.

I hear people when they say - but we can't tell if it's intentional, worse things could happen and we are doing the best we can. On the other hand if I tell my customers its really difficult, we can't tell them who's problem it was and we need them to sit there and wait until the timer expires - you know what happens - their gone in a heartbeat.

Think about it - eating at a restaurant, shopping at a store, maintaining your vehicle - this is the perspective 343 needs to have on problem solving. I know its a game - it's also a business and your taking money to provide a service.

I can't imagine a problem so bad in my line of business that would result in customers being told they'll just have to accept the shortcomings. This literally has to be a horrible problem - or the company has literally no perspective with regard to customer service (granted I know most players are young). Pass this along to Bonnie Ross please - I have not seen any way to contact her outside of this forum - which - is another problem - I think I actually have better ability to get in contact with Mark Zuckerberg or Jeff Bezos and from personal experience - if you tell Jeff there might be an issue - he has a staff of managers that don't get to walk away until its fixed.
Yes, Fireteams are when you intentionally party up with players before going into matchmaking. The ban system doesn't look at the random players the game matched you with.
what is the maximum possible time length for a ban? ive been told that its 36 hours :v
Hi again... , I was banned during more than 100 days , and yesterday was supposed be the last day of them , so here I am, can you explain me why I can not pass the main screen , it appears a notification , that said that there is problem connecting my user with Halo sever’s, I’m conscious that my ban is over because I can access with other accounts ( the ban was for the VPN address) . Except for my main.
what is the maximum possible time length for a ban? ive been told that its 36 hours :v
Permanent ban is the longest.
I've seen one for 533 years. Someone was trying to join the Spartan Company that I'm in and when I went to check out their H5 gaming history there was a red banner explaining how long they have been banned for and what they were banned for. I saw that they had requested to join just before their banning.
FlashyDIRK wrote:
I've seen one for 533 years. Someone was trying to join the Spartan Company that I'm in and when I went to check out their H5 gaming history there was a red banner explaining how long they have been banned for and what they were banned for. I saw that they had requested to join just before their banning.
That's a ban from Halo Waypoint. Those bans have no effect on the games at all, solely for the forums.
Quote:
I didn't do anything wrong, and you can't prove it. Will you please reverse my ban?Our automated system builds up a digital case of wrongdoing before any ban is enacted. If you accidentally disconnect a time or two, you won't get banned. Instead the system looks for patterns that can't happen accidentally. If the banhammer detects enough wrongdoing, you were doing wrong.
^^^^ Wrong.

I lagged out of one game when I haven't even played in the last few days. I didn't quit out of anything today, the lag out was not my fault and I got banned right away. It was over quickly, but I still should not be getting banned for a single lag out that is the fault of my internet provider.
It probably wasn't a single lag out. Rather than calling someone wrong reach out to see why that was the pursued action.
stckrboy wrote:
FlashyDIRK wrote:
That's a ban from Halo Waypoint. Those bans have no effect on the games at all, solely for the forums.
Yeah I know but he is still getting into Waypoint and demanding that we let him join, so he has obviously hacked his way back or past the ban.
FlashyDIRK wrote:
Yeah I know but he is still getting into Waypoint and demanding that we let him join, so he has obviously hacked his way back or past the ban.
Bans don't prohibit the use of Private messaging. If it's an issue or you don't want to communicate with that user, you can block them from sending your messages. See the block users tag in your message inbox
stckrboy wrote:
FlashyDIRK wrote:
Bans don't prohibit the use of Private messaging. If it's an issue or you don't want to communicate with that user, you can block them from sending your messages. See the block users tag in your message inbox
That's just it, I blocked him a week ago and he isn't just using the messaging he's going through the Company join request part which means that he's getting into Waypoint.
His GT is REDACTED
FlashyDIRK wrote:
That's just it, I blocked him a week ago and he isn't just using the messaging he's going through the Company join request part which means that he's getting into Waypoint.
That part of Waypoint isn't restricted for users who have been banned from the forums, just their use of the forums is restricted. As a Company leader / admin you can block users from submitting requests to your company though: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/heresy%20ascended/blockedAlso, no need for gamertags to be shared publicly
stckrboy wrote:
FlashyDIRK wrote:
That part of Waypoint isn't restricted for users who have been banned from the forums, just their use of the forums is restricted. As a Company leader / admin you can block users from submitting requests to your company though: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/heresy%20ascended/blocked
Yeah I keep banning him from the join requests but he still gets through, I've been even telling him to go and try to join a different Company because I'm never gonna let him in at any cost. Especially for the reasons that he was banned for, I don't need the headache nor do the other members, know what I mean.
Ok anyways I would like to know why I was banned for "Poor Performance" when I'm just a Gold 3 rank in Swat and for 2 games in a row I had to play against Diamond ranked players and the other players on the team I was on were also in the Gold range (I don't know if they were also banned) but it's kinda like being set up for a slaughter having to play against a team of players that are way outta my league and then I get banned for it why? Oh & btw the first match against the Diamonds I was in first place on my team & the second match I ended up in second place on the team that I was on. And one last question, Why in the heck am I having to play against Diamonds in the first place?
FlashyDIRK wrote:
Ok anyways I would like to know why I was banned for "Poor Performance" when I'm just a Gold 3 rank in Swat and for 2 games in a row I had to play against Diamond ranked players and the other players on the team I was on were also in the Gold range (I don't know if they were also banned) but it's kinda like being set up for a slaughter having to play against a team of players that are way outta my league and then I get banned for it why? Oh & btw the first match against the Diamonds I was in first place on my team & the second match I ended up in second place on the team that I was on. And one last question, Why in the heck am I having to play against Diamonds in the first place?
This was earlier today and the ban has been over for several hours now, I just want to know how I can get banned for Poor Performance when having to play against a team that's way outta my league because of course it'll be Poor Performance.
FlashyDIRK wrote:
"Poor Performance" is not a criteria that leads to a ban. Can you recall the exact phrasing of the ban message you received? Also, what was the duration of the ban timer?

I looked at your game history going back to June 4, and I saw only 1 SWAT match where a Diamond 1 player was on the opposing team. In SWAT, skill-based matching is looser than in other ranked playlists because the nature of the gametype allows for lower skilled players to kill higher skilled players more often than in traditional Slayer. It's much easier and more common for a Gold player to kill a Diamond player in SWAT than in other ranked playlists.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 272
  4. 273
  5. 274
  6. 275
  7. 276
  8. ...
  9. 280