4. 274
  5. 275
  6. 276
  7. 277
  8. ...
  9. 294
Chimera30 wrote:
FlashyDIRK wrote:
Ok anyways I would like to know why I was banned for "Poor Performance" when I'm just a Gold 3 rank in Swat and for 2 games in a row I had to play against Diamond ranked players and the other players on the team I was on were also in the Gold range (I don't know if they were also banned) but it's kinda like being set up for a slaughter having to play against a team of players that are way outta my league and then I get banned for it why? Oh & btw the first match against the Diamonds I was in first place on my team & the second match I ended up in second place on the team that I was on. And one last question, Why in the heck am I having to play against Diamonds in the first place?
"Poor Performance" is not a criteria that leads to a ban. Can you recall the exact phrasing of the ban message you received? Also, what was the duration of the ban timer?

I looked at your game history going back to June 4, and I saw only 1 SWAT match where a Diamond 1 player was on the opposing team. In SWAT, skill-based matching is looser than in other ranked playlists because the nature of the gametype allows for lower skilled players to kill higher skilled players more often than in traditional Slayer. It's much easier and more common for a Gold player to kill a Diamond player in SWAT than in other ranked playlists.
Well it said "The Ban Hammer Strikes" "You are being banned from multiplayer games due to Poor Performance" and the timer was 5 minutes. Anyway this is why I'm asking about it because I've never heard of that kind of ban either.
I’m screwed I just had 2 games in a row that I was returned to the lobby for inactivity. Batteries in my control went dead so as I was changing them I got a wake up John message. Changed batteries and they registered as fully charged on the menu but round to came and them batteries also died 😡 guess I’ll find out tomorrow after I get new batteries if the hammer drops 🤦🏼‍♂️
Here's what I do to prevent 'wake up John' messages and potential ban hammers due to empty batteries:

Not all batteries are created equally! Your controller draws quite some juice out of them.
NiMH batteries typically have a lower voltage than some other types of batteries.
NiMH batteries also have a significantly lower mAh rating (some as low as 1200 mAh)
The mAh rating gives you an idea how long the batteries will last in your controller before being replaced/recharged (the higher the mAh the longer the battery last on a single charge).

I use rechargeable AA batteries only. I look for rechargeable batteries with 2400 mAh. I rotate 6 for one controller. I start recharging 4 of them once I put the last 2 in the controller. Charging the batteries takes about 5 hours while one set of 2400 mAh batteries lasts for at least 12-15 hours of game play (depends a bit on vibrate on/off and other things).
While I try to pay attention to the Xbox notification about low batteries in the controller it has happened that the controller went out on me in the middle of a match. Replacing them takes less than 30 seconds which is way below the 'wake up John' threshold of I think 3 minutes.

A good charger tells you when the batteries are too degraded and your controller is quite unforgiving when you try to use those degraded batteries. It is time to say good bye to them.

With that you shouldn't have to worry about getting a ban due to empty batteries.
Done and done. The nickel cadmium are awesome always thought lithium ions were the top dog but not any more!
I just had to chime in here... I've never gotten banned or even warned, so it isn't a huge deal, but I am so tired of hearing players on the losing team cry that they are going to report me, some other player, or the entire team after the game ends. It's become the gamer who sucks at video games grown up version of "I'M TELLING MY MOM ON YOU!". I mean look, I love Halo, but honestly I wouldn't even consider myself to be "great" at the game, so I can only imagine how often better players have to deal with the tears and threats from the losing side. I don't even know what I'm suggesting as a fix, maybe an option to report people who are....threatening to report you? Haha I know that doesn't make much sense, but I can't think of any better alternative. Thought maybe some of you that also experience the same level of poor sportsmanship in this game on a consistent level might have a better idea. One idea could maybe be to temporarily ban or at the very least warn players that are blatantly abusing "reporting" other players i.e. ones that are tossing out reports that are consistently against a player or team that they recently lost a game to. Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant!
aaronlav55 wrote:
I just had to chime in here... I've never gotten banned or even warned, so it isn't a huge deal, but I am so tired of hearing players on the losing team cry that they are going to report me, some other player, or the entire team after the game ends. It's become the gamer who sucks at video games grown up version of "I'M TELLING MY MOM ON YOU!". I mean look, I love Halo, but honestly I wouldn't even consider myself to be "great" at the game, so I can only imagine how often better players have to deal with the tears and threats from the losing side. I don't even know what I'm suggesting as a fix, maybe an option to report people who are....threatening to report you? Haha I know that doesn't make much sense, but I can't think of any better alternative. Thought maybe some of you that also experience the same level of poor sportsmanship in this game on a consistent level might have a better idea. One idea could maybe be to temporarily ban or at the very least warn players that are blatantly abusing "reporting" other players i.e. ones that are tossing out reports that are consistently against a player or team that they recently lost a game to. Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant!
Reporting in Halo 5 can only be done through the XBL report system. As such, any abuse of that system would be handled by XBLPET, not 343. This thread is only for discussing matchmaking bans.

It's also worth noting that even if someone reports you over XBL, it won't stop you from being able to play Halo 5. If you get many legitimate reports filed against you, then XBL could start only matching you with other problematic players.
3 months have passed and we didn't get a clearly answer, what gonna happen? I think that 3 months of ban it's enough, are you really not going to do anything?
Can our ban be removed? Ive been playing since the begging of the game and to me seems unfair pay me like this, do I really kill someone, or why is such an excessive ban?
Whatever we did, I guess wasn't too bad how to get a punish of 6 months, how I said before, from my POV, 3 months it's enough to reflection, and you guys have to consider remove our ban.
Ok it’s really freaking stupid to ban someone for leaving 2 games where his team is already down a person and getting crushed. If you are going to have join in progress in social then use it! Don’t punish the player for leaving a game where their team already had someone drop!
Ok it’s really freaking stupid to ban someone for leaving 2 games where his team is already down a person and getting crushed. If you are going to have join in progress in social then use it! Don’t punish the player for leaving a game where their team already had someone drop!
JIP isn't there to forgive quitting. It's there to ameliorate the issues quitting cause. They still want to discourage quitting and other negative player behavior.
So you get banned for leaving 3v4's in social now? Because that's literally all I've played today. Game is going fine, team mate quits for no reason, game falls apart. I DON'T WANT TO PLAY A 3V4 DON'T MAKE ME PLAY A 3V4 IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FUN I SHOULDN'T BE BANNED FOR LEAVING
Maceri wrote:
I am going to be unbanned at the beginning of June after 160 days so i have gladfully have no use to this Thread anymore 😋
Wow what the heck did you do?? I got a 5 min ban for idling. Actually my 4 year old boy did it. Other Then they may been smooth sailing!
Maceri wrote:
Maceri wrote:
I am going to be unbanned at the beginning of June after 160 days so i have gladfully have no use to this Thread anymore 😋
Wow what the heck did you do?? I got a 5 min ban for idling. Actually my 4 year old boy did it. Other Then they may been smooth sailing!
Maceri wrote:
Maceri wrote:
I did some smurfing in ranked to get into the top 10 in a champ division
I'm sorry I was unaware this thread existed. Can a moderator please move the following thread here? Please. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/support-halo-ce-day-one-halo-player/ff888c15-f3f2-42b0-aa14-4330a7cd1d16/posts
Maceri wrote:
Maceri wrote:
Maceri wrote:
I did some smurfing in ranked to get into the top 10 in a champ division
I’ve heard of it just no clue how it works. Actually the other day I saw in the “looking for groups” section someone had in the description that they wanted to boost their war zone rank and said he was wanting to smurf and looking for others who wanted to do the same. Guess I’ll google it
How do you get unban
How do you get unban
Have a read over the first post in the thread, that should provide you with that information
i was banned today for accidental suicides on a map with quite a few ledges that lead to a very large kill barrier, is there anyway this can be reversed, in no way were my intentions to be greifing. i just had a bad game missed a few edges.

EDIT: IDK if the ban timed out, or one of the really dope mods here went and fixed it, because im un banned, but i apprciate anyone who may of taken the time to read this, thank you :)
Guuver wrote:
i was banned today for accidental suicides on a map with quite a few ledges that lead to a very large kill barrier, is there anyway this can be reversed, in no way were my intentions to be greifing. i just had a bad game missed a few edges.

EDIT: IDK if the ban timed out, or one of the really dope mods here went and fixed it, because im un banned, but i apprciate anyone who may of taken the time to read this, thank you :)
Initial bans are always very short in duration, your ban was likely only for a few minutes. For future note though these bans are automated and cannot be reversed
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
stckrboy wrote:
Guuver wrote:

Initial bans are always very short in duration, your ban was likely only for a few minutes. For future note though these bans are automated and cannot be reversed
ii question then why there is a board on the forums for taking up cases of mistaken bans. if your just going to rely on an algorithm and not help anyone, why give your consumer base false hope with this forum page?
Guuver wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Guuver wrote:

ii question then why there is a board on the forums for taking up cases of mistaken bans. if your just going to rely on an algorithm and not help anyone, why give your consumer base false hope with this forum page?
This thread isn’t for overturning bans. It’s just for providing information about the reason behind bans. The first post of this thread explains what it’s for.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 273
  4. 274
  5. 275
  6. 276
  7. 277
  8. ...
  9. 294