2. ...
  3. 280
  4. 281
  5. 282
  6. 283
  7. 284
  8. ...
  9. 286
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Been banned again.
No idea what for this time but for almost 200 days?
Literally all I enjoy in life is playing Halo and now I'm being stopped from playing again?
I mean that's great and all but when halo is all someone has, kinda ruins their life man.
Been banned again.
Literally all I enjoy in life is playing Halo and now I'm being stopped from playing again?
I mean that's great and all but when halo is all someone has, kinda ruins their life man.
Last time you were banned like this (back in February), it was for playing over a dozen games with a deranker, effectively manipulating matchmaking.
You've likely been banned for repeating that behavior. You were told that continuing to do that would lead to longer bans.
Chimera30 wrote:
Been banned again.
Last time you were banned like this (back in February), it was for playing over a dozen games with a deranker, effectively manipulating matchmaking.
You've likely been banned for repeating that behavior. You were told that continuing to do that would lead to longer bans.
I've literally played with the same people I always play with. How am I supposed to know if they are a de-ranker in their spare time? This is ridiculous getting banned twice because of other people doing crappy things? I'm not like that and would never intentionally ruin someone's game play because it happens all the time with me, champs getting unranked people to quit the game so we lose more rank.
I've been banned as well while playing with I FoundYoou, I've never been banned before, that I remember of at least. I don't know why is it my responsibility to run a background check on whoever is playing with me. Also what makes you think someone deranked on purpose? I know plenty of people that just use their kids account or a guest use account. I'm not sure where the problem was either as I recall the games were not completely unbalanced, ranks wise was similar and quite hard matches so where was the gain really? You should re-think your ranking system as I have hundreds of matches where I don't rank up because someone quits and immediately rank down 30 points for a balanced loss or even going positive 10kda. Also the match selection, since it looks like if you get a party of champs you simply can't get a match and therefore you look for a lower rank to get matches. If he deranked on purpose, this shouldn't be our concern. I think 200 days is ridiculous even if you were right...I guess this is the end of us, shame. I guess no one ever got banned from any of my reports but I play 1 evening with a low rank and that's it. At least I can still sell my elite controller for good money since I won't be needing it anymore. How do we contact 343 exactly? I have some things I'd like to discuss. I played Halo 2 with bungie and got destroyed by hackers all the time and still had fun, you ban me with no proof of anything and think this is ok? FYI, I only play halo, any history in another game was when I shared house.
Oslec wrote:
I've been banned as well while playing with I FoundYoou, I've never been banned before, that I remember of at least. I don't know why is it my responsibility to run a background check on whoever is playing with me. Also what makes you think someone deranked on purpose? I know plenty of people that just use their kids account or a guest use account. I'm not sure where the problem was either as I recall the games were not completely unbalanced, ranks wise was similar and quite hard matches so where was the gain really? You should re-think your ranking system as I have hundreds of matches where I don't rank up because someone quits and immediately rank down 30 points for a balanced loss or even going positive 10kda. Also the match selection, since it looks like if you get a party of champs you simply can't get a match and therefore you look for a lower rank to get matches. If he deranked on purpose, this shouldn't be our concern. I think 200 days is ridiculous even if you were right...I guess this is the end of us, shame. I guess no one ever got banned from any of my reports but I play 1 evening with a low rank and that's it. At least I can still sell my elite controller for good money since I won't be needing it anymore. How do we contact 343 exactly? I have some things I'd like to discuss. I played Halo 2 with bungie and got destroyed by hackers all the time and still had fun, you ban me with no proof of anything and think this is ok? FYI, I only play halo, any history in another game was when I shared house.
Neither of you noticed that the guy that placed silver 6 was outslaying Diamonds and champs? In my opinion, that is a huge red flag. Also the other guy stated that he played with the same people he always does, but the account in question is an Sr8 with zero campaign.
<p></p>
Oslec wrote:
Neither of you noticed that the guy that placed silver 6 was outslaying Diamonds and champs? In my opinion, that is a huge red flag. Also the other guy stated that he played with the same people he always does, but the account in question is an Sr8 with zero campaign.
<p></p>
The silver 6 we didn't know, and didn't even realise they were a de-ranking account. Obviously it makes sense now, but It's impossible to run a background check on everyone you play with. The silver 6 didn't even speak in party. I don't understand how we get penalized for someone else's decisions? We were slaying diamonds and champs because we had an onyx/champ on our team or so I thought at least. Ever thought these people might be getting people banned just so they can stay at a higher rank themselves? I don't understand but I'm genuinely heart broken over this.
Halo is my escape from my miserable life and I'm not even being dramatic when I say it's literally the only thing that makes me happy. Without it, what's the point?
Oslec wrote:
I've been banned as well while playing with I FoundYoou, I've never been banned before, that I remember of at least. I don't know why is it my responsibility to run a background check on whoever is playing with me. Also what makes you think someone deranked on purpose? I know plenty of people that just use their kids account or a guest use account.
Pretty sure it was the NOOB guy you were playing with for numerous games that got you banned. He was playing horribly in his placement matches and then once he ranked and played with you guys he started getting decent stats. For the previous post above mine, you had high ranking players on your team, but he was also playing very well against high ranking players, so I don't know how you didn't notice that. Do I believe that you didn't know anything? No, but my opinion is not the one that matters.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Oslec wrote:
I've been banned as well while playing with I FoundYoou, I've never been banned before, that I remember of at least. I don't know why is it my responsibility to run a background check on whoever is playing with me. Also what makes you think someone deranked on purpose? I know plenty of people that just use their kids account or a guest use account.
Pretty sure it was the NOOB guy you were playing with for numerous games that got you banned. He was playing horribly in his placement matches and then once he ranked and played with you guys he started getting decent stats. Do I believe that you didn't know anything? No, but my opinion is not the one that matters.
How do you judge how many knew if any?
This is the american way right? Shoot first, ask questions later!
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Oslec wrote:
Pretty sure it was the NOOB guy you were playing with for numerous games that got you banned. He was playing horribly in his placement matches and then once he ranked and played with you guys he started getting decent stats. Do I believe that you didn't know anything? No, but my opinion is not the one that matters.
The whole matchmaking system is a joke without adding someone like that to the mix. I didn't know and especially having been through this whole situation before - getting banned because of some idiot doing the same thing. I wouldn't have intentionally gone out of my way to do it again.
Oslec wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Oslec wrote:
How do you judge how many knew if any?
This is the american way right? Shoot first, ask questions later!
And since you're in detective duties, did I not face other champs and onixes? How easier were my matches?
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Oslec wrote:
The whole matchmaking system is a joke without adding someone like that to the mix. I didn't know and especially having been through this whole situation before - getting banned because of some idiot doing the same thing. I wouldn't have intentionally gone out of my way to do it again.
But he joined you as soon as he got placed for one, and he was placed so low yet no one questioned why he was so good? The silver guy was carrying you against diamonds and champs, if he can do that then he didn't place in silver on his true skill.
You played 20 games with that player. If you didn't notice that a bronze player was beating champions on multiple occasions while getting first place on your team, then that's your own fault.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Oslec wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
You played 20 games with that player. If you didn't notice that a bronze player was beating champions on multiple occasions while getting first place on your team, then that's your own fault.
That's the problem. You just admitted that you intended to find a lower ranked account that had a more skilled player on it in attempt to manipulate matchmaking conditions. That is the kind of thing that resulted in your ban.
Oslec wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
But this is what we look for...low rank capable of carrying if needed, shall we run interviews or acessment days before we start matchmaking? He wasn't always great, what do you have to say about the negative KDA games? And the punishment is 10 days per game? Straight to death row...no trial. Make America great again!!
That's the problem. You just admitted that you intended to find a lower ranked account that had a more skilled player on it in attempt to manipulate matchmaking conditions. That is the kind of thing that resulted in your ban.
That certainly wasn't MY intention. As I have mentioned in previous replies, halo is literally the only thing decent in my life. I wouldn't do something like that to jeopardize the only thing that keeps me sane.
Now what? Nothing.
All because someone intentionally did that stuff to get us banned or whatever.
Oslec wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
But this is what we look for...low rank capable of carrying if needed, shall we run interviews or acessment days before we start matchmaking? He wasn't always great, what do you have to say about the negative KDA games? And the punishment is 10 days per game? Straight to death row...no trial. Make America great again!!
That certainly wasn't MY intention. As I have mentioned in previous replies, halo is literally the only thing decent in my life. I wouldn't do something like that to jeopardize the only thing that keeps me sane.
Now what? Nothing.
You chose to get into a party with a group of people. If I get in a car with a group of guys and they happen to rob a bank while I sit in the car playing tetris on my phone. I'm still going to face consequences. You are who you associate with.
Oslec wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Now what? Nothing.
You chose to get into a party with a group of people. If I get in a car with a group of guys and they happen to rob a bank while I sit in the car playing tetris on my phone. I'm still going to face consequences. You are who you associate with.
Never even met the guy before it's barely associating with them.
Difference is, it's kind of obvious that someone is robbing a bank - you get out before it's too late.
As also said previously, how am I supposed to run full background checks on people?
And it's hardly fair when there is champs with two Xbox's running in a team and getting one to quit out. Why are they not being penalized?
Oslec wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Did I? So I'm not allowed to play with lower ranks? What if they suddenly become good? What if they just change some settings or fix something they had broken in the first 10 matches? How meticulous is your investigation before sentencing the death row?
I admit that I know that this makes finding a match faster and possibly make the match a bit easier. In the past I had 7 wins in a row where I won 7 csr points and the loss after made me lose 30. Manipulate the ranking system? So you're telling met theother 2 were manipulating it to go past plat 3 and diamond 2?
Please ban everyone in every playlist top 20 as everyone played with lower ranks at some point. In fact I had a party with 3 champs and an onix once and waited for a match for over an hour so I'm not sure why this is such a big deal.
It's not my job to question anyone's skill, I'm an engineer not an FBI agent and don't care anyway because it could be someone's 6 year old account just being used by his dad. Many of the high champs play with low ranks and they may just be playing safe and not kill much to stay under the radar (and this is a fact). Why would the punishment be a ban for 200 days? I really don't care to be honest., I'll sell the xbox and that is the end of it, not a problem for me as I actually needed a break, now punishing everyone that was in the fireteam is ridiculous. Why not just derank to where we started then? I paid for the game and the xbox live fee, being prived of playing it, is insane. (Thanks mom!)
I think this is pathetic but ok.
Oslec wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Never even met the guy before it's barely associating with them.
Difference is, it's kind of obvious that someone is robbing a bank - you get out before it's too late.
As also said previously, how am I supposed to run full background checks on people?
And it's hardly fair when there is champs with two Xbox's running in a team and getting one to quit out. Why are they not being penalized?
You chose to party up. You played quite a number of matches. Your comrade even admitted it was intentional. If it was ignorance on your part (which I sincerely doubt) then you should learn to be more careful with whom you put your faith in going forward.

The perceived guilt of another doesn't do anything to mitigate your own actions.
Oslec wrote:
Oslec wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Did I?
Yes. Yes, you did.
Quote:
So I'm not allowed to play with lower ranks?
What you described wasn't, "Hey my buddy chris is a bronze and I still like to play with him." What you described was an obviously deranked account. Someone of a low/lower rank that played better than they should at that rank.
Quote:
What if they suddenly become good? What if they just change some settings or fix something they had broken in the first 10 matches?
People don't spontaneously go from bronze to onyx. Bronze players don't consistently out perform platinums. The system can tell the difference between people slowly getting better over time and someone that tanked their placement matches so they'd be matched up against less skilled opponents.
Quote:
How meticulous is your investigation before sentencing the death row?
The death row comparison just doesn't work. There are rules to matchmaking and consequences. You aren't even permabanned yet.
Quote:
I admit that I know that this makes finding a match faster and possibly make the match a bit easier. In the past I had 7 wins in a row where I won 7 csr points and the loss after made me lose 30. Manipulate the ranking system? So you're telling met theother 2 were manipulating it to go past plat 3 and diamond 2?
Please ban everyone in every playlist top 20 as everyone played with lower ranks at some point. In fact I had a party with 3 champs and an onix once and waited for a match for over an hour so I'm not sure why this is such a big deal.
People should get a fair match when they join matchmaking. Manipulating matchmaking robs them of that. It ends up with lower skilled players being faced with players well above their skill margin which leads to people quitting the game which leads to lower population. When you manipulate the matchmaking system you harm the entire community.
Quote:
. I paid for the game and the xbox live fee, being prived of playing it, is insane.
You paid for a license that included the ability to play on line.There are rules in place. You violated those rules. Your license got revoked.
Quote:
Why would the punishment be a ban for 200 days?
I'd say this wasn't your first ban, though in the past manipulation such as this earned a permaban and repeated infraction still can do so.
Quote:
I really don't care to be honest., I'll sell the xbox and that is the end of it, not a problem for me as I actually needed a break, now punishing everyone that was in the fireteam is ridiculous
That's your choice. You could choose to correct your behavior and come back to halo when your ban ends better behaved and better able to contribute to the community, but if you prefer to leave it that's fine too.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 280
  4. 281
  5. 282
  6. 283
  7. 284
  8. ...
  9. 286