Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

The official Halo 5 "Why was I banned?" thread

OP WulfwoodsSins

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 281
  4. 282
  5. 283
  6. 284
  7. 285
  8. ...
  9. 286
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Oslec wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
You played 20 games with that player. If you didn't notice that a bronze player was beating champions on multiple occasions while getting first place on your team, then that's your own fault.
But this is what we look for...low rank capable of carrying if needed, shall we run interviews or acessment days before we start matchmaking? He wasn't always great, what do you have to say about the negative KDA games? And the punishment is 10 days per game? Straight to death row...no trial. Make America great again!!
That's the problem. You just admitted that you intended to find a lower ranked account that had a more skilled player on it in attempt to manipulate matchmaking conditions. That is the kind of thing that resulted in your ban.
Never even met the guy before it's barely associating with them.
Difference is, it's kind of obvious that someone is robbing a bank - you get out before it's too late.
As also said previously, how am I supposed to run full background checks on people?
And it's hardly fair when there is champs with two Xbox's running in a team and getting one to quit out. Why are they not being penalized?
You chose to party up. You played quite a number of matches. Your comrade even admitted it was intentional. If it was ignorance on your part (which I sincerely doubt) then you should learn to be more careful with whom you put your faith in going forward.

The perceived guilt of another doesn't do anything to mitigate your own actions.
That does not mean that me personally have done something like that. I'm not like that.
Not being overdramatic or anything but when halo is legitimately the ONLY thing you enjoy in life I'm not going to put that in jeopardy because I haven't got anything else to keep me going in life.
I just wanna play the game and spend time with friends and now I can't do that. Once again because of the actions of others.
I don't understand how we can be penalized because someone is intentionally getting people banned without anyone's knowledge but their own.
Why is it wrong for me to post someones name, you need to know who these people are to stop intentional cheating. But because they are probably making money for 343 that's why its a big no no
Shogun1001 wrote:
Why is it wrong for me to post someones name, you need to know who these people are to stop intentional cheating. But because they are probably making money for 343 that's why its a big no no
Calling out an individual or group is against forum rules. Would you like it if we allowed someone to make a random accusation against you? That's essentially what you've done by accusing someone else of misbehavior. We wouldn't let it happen to you and we're not going to let you do it to other people.

Posting about moderation is against forum rules as well. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and just respond to you, but you need to take the time to read the rules.

Oslec wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
You played 20 games with that player. If you didn't notice that a bronze player was beating champions on multiple occasions while getting first place on your team, then that's your own fault.
But this is what we look for...low rank capable of carrying if needed, shall we run interviews or acessment days before we start matchmaking? He wasn't always great, what do you have to say about the negative KDA games? And the punishment is 10 days per game? Straight to death row...no trial. Make America great again!!
That's the problem. You just admitted that you intended to find a lower ranked account that had a more skilled player on it in attempt to manipulate matchmaking conditions. That is the kind of thing that resulted in your ban.
That does not mean that me personally have done something like that. I'm not like that.
Not being overdramatic or anything but when halo is legitimately the ONLY thing you enjoy in life I'm not going to put that in jeopardy because I haven't got anything else to keep me going in life.
I just wanna play the game and spend time with friends and now I can't do that. Once again because of the actions of others.
I don't understand how we can be penalized because someone is intentionally getting people banned without anyone's knowledge but their own.
You broke the rules. Instead of trying to make excuses, take some personal responsibility and learn from your mistakes. Correct the behavior so you won't face similar consequences in the future.
Shogun1001 wrote:
Why is it wrong for me to post someones name, you need to know who these people are to stop intentional cheating. But because they are probably making money for 343 that's why its a big no no
Calling out an individual or group is against forum rules. Would you like it if we allowed someone to make a random accusation against you? That's essentially what you've done by accusing someone else of misbehavior. We wouldn't let it happen to you and we're not going to let you do it to other people.

Posting about moderation is against forum rules as well. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and just respond to you, but you need to take the time to read the rules.

Oslec wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
You played 20 games with that player. If you didn't notice that a bronze player was beating champions on multiple occasions while getting first place on your team, then that's your own fault.
But this is what we look for...low rank capable of carrying if needed, shall we run interviews or acessment days before we start matchmaking? He wasn't always great, what do you have to say about the negative KDA games? And the punishment is 10 days per game? Straight to death row...no trial. Make America great again!!
That's the problem. You just admitted that you intended to find a lower ranked account that had a more skilled player on it in attempt to manipulate matchmaking conditions. That is the kind of thing that resulted in your ban.
That does not mean that me personally have done something like that. I'm not like that.
Not being overdramatic or anything but when halo is legitimately the ONLY thing you enjoy in life I'm not going to put that in jeopardy because I haven't got anything else to keep me going in life.
I just wanna play the game and spend time with friends and now I can't do that. Once again because of the actions of others.
I don't understand how we can be penalized because someone is intentionally getting people banned without anyone's knowledge but their own.
You broke the rules. Instead of trying to make excuses, take some personal responsibility and learn from your mistakes. Correct the behavior so you won't face similar consequences in the future.
How am I the one breaking the rules when I haven't created boosting accounts!? I'm simply playing a game and getting penalized for doing so because I can't run a full DBS check on someone over the internet. How is that fair.
I've never intentionally broken the rules and would never do so because like I said halo is literally the only thing I actually enjoy and that keeps me sane.
So my sanity will now drop off because I have no release because of some fat kid in his mom's basement ruining the game intentionally for everyone else.
Ok, people who are champs should have their accounts regularly investigated, as it will be clear to say that they have multiple accounts linked there for a intact cheatinv
Shogun1001 wrote:
How am I the one breaking the rules when I haven't created boosting accounts!? I'm simply playing a game and getting penalized for doing so because I can't run a full DBS check on someone over the internet. How is that fair.
I've never intentionally broken the rules and would never do so because like I said halo is literally the only thing I actually enjoy and that keeps me sane.
So my sanity will now drop off because I have no release because of some fat kid in his mom's basement ruining the game intentionally for everyone else.
You partied with someone who was manipulating matchmaking, thus causing the same problems and reaping the same benefit as them. Nothing you say will change that.
Oslec wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
You played 20 games with that player. If you didn't notice that a bronze player was beating champions on multiple occasions while getting first place on your team, then that's your own fault.
But this is what we look for...low rank capable of carrying if needed, shall we run interviews or acessment days before we start matchmaking? He wasn't always great, what do you have to say about the negative KDA games? And the punishment is 10 days per game? Straight to death row...no trial. Make America great again!!
That's the problem. You just admitted that you intended to find a lower ranked account that had a more skilled player on it in attempt to manipulate matchmaking conditions. That is the kind of thing that resulted in your ban.
Never even met the guy before it's barely associating with them.
Difference is, it's kind of obvious that someone is robbing a bank - you get out before it's too late.
As also said previously, how am I supposed to run full background checks on people?
And it's hardly fair when there is champs with two Xbox's running in a team and getting one to quit out. Why are they not being penalized?
You chose to party up. You played quite a number of matches. Your comrade even admitted it was intentional. If it was ignorance on your part (which I sincerely doubt) then you should learn to be more careful with whom you put your faith in going forward.

The perceived guilt of another doesn't do anything to mitigate your own actions.
Oslec wrote:
Oslec wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
You played 20 games with that player. If you didn't notice that a bronze player was beating champions on multiple occasions while getting first place on your team, then that's your own fault.
Did I?
Yes. Yes, you did.
Quote:
So I'm not allowed to play with lower ranks?
What you described wasn't, "Hey my buddy chris is a bronze and I still like to play with him." What you described was an obviously deranked account. Someone of a low/lower rank that played better than they should at that rank.
Quote:
What if they suddenly become good? What if they just change some settings or fix something they had broken in the first 10 matches?
People don't spontaneously go from bronze to onyx. Bronze players don't consistently out perform platinums. The system can tell the difference between people slowly getting better over time and someone that tanked their placement matches so they'd be matched up against less skilled opponents.
Quote:
How meticulous is your investigation before sentencing the death row?
The death row comparison just doesn't work. There are rules to matchmaking and consequences. You aren't even permabanned yet.
Quote:
I admit that I know that this makes finding a match faster and possibly make the match a bit easier. In the past I had 7 wins in a row where I won 7 csr points and the loss after made me lose 30. Manipulate the ranking system? So you're telling met theother 2 were manipulating it to go past plat 3 and diamond 2?
Please ban everyone in every playlist top 20 as everyone played with lower ranks at some point. In fact I had a party with 3 champs and an onix once and waited for a match for over an hour so I'm not sure why this is such a big deal.
People should get a fair match when they join matchmaking. Manipulating matchmaking robs them of that. It ends up with lower skilled players being faced with players well above their skill margin which leads to people quitting the game which leads to lower population. When you manipulate the matchmaking system you harm the entire community.
Quote:
. I paid for the game and the xbox live fee, being prived of playing it, is insane.
You paid for a license that included the ability to play on line.There are rules in place. You violated those rules. Your license got revoked.
Quote:
Why would the punishment be a ban for 200 days?
I'd say this wasn't your first ban, though in the past manipulation such as this earned a permaban and repeated infraction still can do so.
Quote:
I really don't care to be honest., I'll sell the xbox and that is the end of it, not a problem for me as I actually needed a break, now punishing everyone that was in the fireteam is ridiculous
That's your choice. You could choose to correct your behavior and come back to halo when your ban ends better behaved and better able to contribute to the community, but if you prefer to leave it that's fine too.
You seem to know a lot about me.

I did not admit anything, read it again. I got a low ranked player which happened to actually play well which is great. If he didn't play well I'd boot him, but he didn't. Everytime I face champs there are gold or silver players in their team. The amount of assumptions made are just impressive.
And no, I haven't been banned except once for innactivity if I remember well and that was like 10 minutes.
Permaban yet? Is that a threat? Freedom of speech is also not allowed here?
In the end...200 days is just ridiculous, derank us ban for a couple of weeks, or just do a propper job and check our full history rather than making such a big decision in 20 games of years of playing with no chance to appeal or contact anyone that can reverse it.
Oslec wrote:
You seem to know a lot about me. I did not admit anything, read it again. I got a low ranked player which happened to actually play well which is great. If he didn't play well I'd boot him, but he didn't.
So as long as the player wasn't ranked correctly you wanted them on your team, but if they performed as if they were ranked correctly you didn't. That's exactly the issue.

Oslec wrote:
Everytime I face champs there are gold or silver players in their team. The amount of assumptions made are just impressive.
And no, I haven't been banned except once for innactivity if I remember well and that was like 10 minutes.
Generally I would assume that a 200 day ban was not your first offense. If it was your actions must have been severe to garner such repercussions.

Oslec wrote:
Permaban yet? Is that a threat?
I have no control over in game bans (only forum ones), but continued negative behavior can and will lead to permabans.

Oslec wrote:
Freedom of speech is also not allowed here?
It doesn't relate to anything you've or I've written so far so this is coming a bit out of left field. Free speech is the basic idea that the government won't ban or jail you for most forms of speech. This is a privately hosted website so it wouldn't apply here. Freedom of speech doesn't mean that you have to be given a platform and some actions can lead to the platform that this forum allows you to be removed, but again I'm not sure why you brought that up.
Oslec wrote:
In the end...200 days is just ridiculous, derank us ban for a couple of weeks, or just do a propper job and check our full history rather than making such a big decision in 20 games of years of playing with no chance to appeal or contact anyone that can reverse it.
You may not like the consequences of your actions, but they are what they are. You can choose to learn from it or not. I guess we'll see which you choose.
Oslec wrote:
I got a low ranked player which happened to actually play well which is great. If he didn't play well I'd boot him, but he didn't. Everytime I face champs there are gold or silver players in their team. The amount of assumptions made are just impressive.
It's only an issue if the gold/silver is pretending to be bad when they're actually really good. A team of 3 Champs and a Gold isn't breaking any rules if the Gold player is actually a gold player. Because when they matchmake, the Gold player will ultimately be a liability and need protection so they don't feed the enemy team kills. In your case, though, the lower ranked player had been pretending to be bad and when they were playing with you, started playing for real. And when you noticed this, you accepted it and continued to play with them despite the suspicious nature of a gold/silver player playing at your skill level. Other teams who also play several games with derankers also get banned, so it's not like this punishment is specific to you.

It doesn't help your case that immediately after that player got their qualifying rank, you and I FoundYoou were the very next people they played with, and you all remained as a team until ultimately getting banned. Also it doesn't help that they're on your XBL friend's list. Surprisingly, there was one game when the deranker was still qualifying where they actually matched with I FoundYoou, and quit when it didn't look like they'd get a loss. I FoundYoou had no qualms playing with that player later after they'd ranked in Bronze, despite them quitting when they'd last teamed up, which seems odd for someone trying to legitimately rank up. It's also odd that a player ranked Bronze would suddenly match with you and I FoundYoou, who were Onyx and Diamond respectively at the time of your first match together in that group; even in Swat, that level of rank discrepancy is too large to allow for matching. The more likely scenario is that you formed a party after the deranker had finished qualifying and immediately went into Swat to take advantage of their low rank. It may even be the case that you knew this person beforehand and asked them to make a low ranked account with which you could use to benefit your account, since you are mutual XBL friends.

This is just what's available from public game records, and it's at the very least suspicious, even if it is only circumstantial evidence. The information the Enforcement team has access to is much more specific and detailed.
Chimera30 wrote:
Oslec wrote:
I got a low ranked player which happened to actually play well which is great. If he didn't play well I'd boot him, but he didn't. Everytime I face champs there are gold or silver players in their team. The amount of assumptions made are just impressive.
It's only an issue if the gold/silver is pretending to be bad when they're actually really good. A team of 3 Champs and a Gold isn't breaking any rules if the Gold player is actually a gold player. Because when they matchmake, the Gold player will ultimately be a liability and need protection so they don't feed the enemy team kills. In your case, though, the lower ranked player had been pretending to be bad and when they were playing with you, started playing for real. And when you noticed this, you accepted it and continued to play with them despite the suspicious nature of a gold/silver player playing at your skill level. Other teams who also play several games with derankers also get banned, so it's not like this punishment is specific to you.

It doesn't help your case that immediately after that player got their qualifying rank, you and I FoundYoou were the very next people they played with, and you all remained as a team until ultimately getting banned. Also it doesn't help that they're on your XBL friend's list. Surprisingly, there was one game when the deranker was still qualifying where they actually matched with I FoundYoou, and quit when it didn't look like they'd get a loss. I FoundYoou had no qualms playing with that player later after they'd ranked in Bronze, despite them quitting when they'd last teamed up, which seems odd for someone trying to legitimately rank up. It's also odd that a player ranked Bronze would suddenly match with you and I FoundYoou, who were Onyx and Diamond respectively at the time of your first match together in that group; even in Swat, that level of rank discrepancy is too large to allow for matching. The more likely scenario is that you formed a party after the deranker had finished qualifying and immediately went into Swat to take advantage of their low rank. It may even be the case that you knew this person beforehand and asked them to make a low ranked account with which you could use to benefit your account, since you are mutual XBL friends.

This is just what's available from public game records, and it's at the very least suspicious, even if it is only circumstantial evidence. The information the Enforcement team has access to is much more specific and detailed.
Even if it was known to us I've never asked anyone to derank on purpose. I've consistently been around 1800 1900 CSR every season easily, I did not require such boosting. You can check my history and see I play with all kinds of ranks, I don't specifically look for low ranks, I look for a good team. It's not rare for me to have a horrible game and be saved by a lower rank especially playing against USA Canada or any country across the ocean due to connection advantage.
It's also easy to pretend they are a liability until it matters and get those last 3 or 4 kills if necessary, there are many smurfs around.
Can we contact that Enforcement team directly then? I'd like to have a word.
Oslec wrote:
Even if it was known to us I've never asked anyone to derank on purpose.
I didn't ask him to rob the gas station, I just hung out with him when he did, and split the money.
Oslec wrote:
Even if it was known to us I've never asked anyone to derank on purpose.
I didn't ask him to rob the gas station, I just hung out with him when he did, and split the money.
You definitely could get off on those charges, along with the earlier bank job reference. If you are truly just out in the car oblivious to the preplanned intentions, and friend goes in a place, subsequently robbing it, with no visible commotion resulting. Say they go in, and tie up the teller/ cashier, then come back out walking, and then later that day offer to buy you an Xbox, for an early birthday/ just for being a good friend. Now if they offer to buy you a new car, that would be harder to explain off in court. Not everything is so cut, and dry.
Oslec wrote:
Even if it was known to us I've never asked anyone to derank on purpose.
I didn't ask him to rob the gas station, I just hung out with him when he did, and split the money.
Wow, this thread is looking more like something from 4chan than an official Halo 5: Guardians thread on an official Halo site, and no side really sounds like a side to get behind, even the official side.

Apparently it’s a good thing I stopped playing 5’s multiplayer, from how all this is looking.
Oslec wrote:
Even if it was known to us I've never asked anyone to derank on purpose.
I didn't ask him to rob the gas station, I just hung out with him when he did, and split the money.
At least I'd go to trial with the right to an attorney...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
If you have any constructive comments or discussions you wish to bring up regarding bans for rank / matchmaking manipulation, feel free to use this thread: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-and-ranking-manipulation-bans/33494f76-41cc-4090-b537-01a46582f88f/posts
Oslec wrote:
Zakkerus wrote:
Oslec wrote:
Even if it was known to us I've never asked anyone to derank on purpose.
I didn't ask him to rob the gas station, I just hung out with him when he did, and split the money.
Wow, this thread is looking more like something from 4chan than an official Halo 5: Guardians thread on an official Halo site, and no side really sounds like a side to get behind, even the official side.

Apparently it’s a good thing I stopped playing 5’s multiplayer, from how all this is looking.
You probably did well. There's this claim that this is all automated when they can't even sort out connections and servers.
I even know who reported me...this guys reports me every single time and he tells me he reported me just because I beat him every time even though I never trash talked him or anything like that, no matter who I'm playing with or how I play...he reports me and that's what triggered all this. All the rest is just this awesome intention prediction algorithm they developed. This is being ruled out now in the streets to predict and prevent crime on the streets as well.
I'm honoured of being part of this pioneering project.
Reports are through XBL, not through the game client. 343 aren’t not the ones who review those XBL reports, and XBLPET actions affect your whole XBL profile, not just one game. Your H5 ban comes from H5 ban system detecting misdeeds within the game, not from one person reporting you many times.
Chimera30 wrote:
Oslec wrote:
Zakkerus wrote:
Oslec wrote:
Even if it was known to us I've never asked anyone to derank on purpose.
I didn't ask him to rob the gas station, I just hung out with him when he did, and split the money.
Wow, this thread is looking more like something from 4chan than an official Halo 5: Guardians thread on an official Halo site, and no side really sounds like a side to get behind, even the official side.

Apparently it’s a good thing I stopped playing 5’s multiplayer, from how all this is looking.
You probably did well. There's this claim that this is all automated when they can't even sort out connections and servers.
I even know who reported me...this guys reports me every single time and he tells me he reported me just because I beat him every time even though I never trash talked him or anything like that, no matter who I'm playing with or how I play...he reports me and that's what triggered all this. All the rest is just this awesome intention prediction algorithm they developed. This is being ruled out now in the streets to predict and prevent crime on the streets as well.
I'm honoured of being part of this pioneering project.
Reports are through XBL, not through the game client. 343 aren’t not the ones who review those XBL reports, and XBLPET actions affect your whole XBL profile, not just one game. Your H5 ban comes from H5 ban system detecting misdeeds within the game, not from one person reporting you many times.
That isn't true, just go to page 278 on this very Forum Topic, and scroll down to the person whose name starts with a D. Or you can look up the post prior to that, they most definitely do review a report, maybe not XBL reports, the ones on here they do.
Chimera30 wrote:
Oslec wrote:
Zakkerus wrote:
Oslec wrote:
Even if it was known to us I've never asked anyone to derank on purpose.
I didn't ask him to rob the gas station, I just hung out with him when he did, and split the money.
Wow, this thread is looking more like something from 4chan than an official Halo 5: Guardians thread on an official Halo site, and no side really sounds like a side to get behind, even the official side.

Apparently it’s a good thing I stopped playing 5’s multiplayer, from how all this is looking.
You probably did well. There's this claim that this is all automated when they can't even sort out connections and servers.
I even know who reported me...this guys reports me every single time and he tells me he reported me just because I beat him every time even though I never trash talked him or anything like that, no matter who I'm playing with or how I play...he reports me and that's what triggered all this. All the rest is just this awesome intention prediction algorithm they developed. This is being ruled out now in the streets to predict and prevent crime on the streets as well.
I'm honoured of being part of this pioneering project.
Reports are through XBL, not through the game client. 343 aren’t not the ones who review those XBL reports, and XBLPET actions affect your whole XBL profile, not just one game. Your H5 ban comes from H5 ban system detecting misdeeds within the game, not from one person reporting you many times.
That isn't true, just go to page 278 on this very Forum Topic, and scroll down to the person whose name starts with a D. Or you can look up the post prior to that, they most definitely do review a report, maybe not XBL reports, the ones on here they do.
Just because someone reports you and you get banned in H5 doesn't mean the ban was caused by that report. The system can detect matchmaking shenanigans independently of reports filed through XBL.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 281
  4. 282
  5. 283
  6. 284
  7. 285
  8. ...
  9. 286