Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

The official Halo 5 "Why was I banned?" thread

OP WulfwoodsSins

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 289
  4. 290
  5. 291
  6. 292
  7. 293
  8. ...
  9. 305
Banned because of committing suicide too many times on a Husky Raid Map (SPLEIPNR? sp) because i missed the lower platform too many times. Lame.
If there is a 343 rep or dev, I would like to kindly ask if you could reverse or shorten my 14 day matchmaking ban. I used the “rubber band method” once based on a friends recommendation. I was under the impression that it was ok to do. I learned that night that it was against the terms of use. I was not going to do it again. I expected to get a warning but instead I got a 14 day ban. I don’t get to play vary much and it’s vary demoralizing to get a harsh ban over a small mistake. I am sorry that I used a exploit. I’m willing to write a essay on the reasons why exploits are wrong and hurt the player experience. I just want to play Halo again, it’s the only game I’ve enjoyed playing recently. This was on the MCC btw. I couldn’t find the MCC version of this thread.
Good luck with getting someone who actually cares about unbanning people. Especially since you actually intentionally did something and have admitted it.
Some of us are on a 200 day ban for way less than what you have done so count your lucky stars and enjoy your 14 day ban.
I've been asking to speak to someone higher than the regular 'Monitor' that frequent this post, but have been ignored and even banned from the forums.

PS, all I want for Christmas is to be able to play H5 again.
Banned because of committing suicide too many times on a Husky Raid Map (SPLEIPNR? sp) because i missed the lower platform too many times. Lame.
343 has commented on this:
ZaedynFel wrote:
But if you notice you can't make a jump, you should stop trying to make it. That's not you being worse than your teammates, that's you repeatedly doing the same thing and dying expecting it to be different the next time.

If you want to practice jumps, open the map in customs, don't keep trying something you can't do, and get back in the fight.

When you failed the first 2 times you shouldn't have kept trying, that's what led to the suicide ban.
If there is a 343 rep or dev, I would like to kindly ask if you could reverse or shorten my 14 day matchmaking ban. I used the “rubber band method” once based on a friends recommendation. I was under the impression that it was ok to do. I learned that night that it was against the terms of use. I was not going to do it again. I expected to get a warning but instead I got a 14 day ban. I don’t get to play vary much and it’s vary demoralizing to get a harsh ban over a small mistake. I am sorry that I used a exploit. I’m willing to write a essay on the reasons why exploits are wrong and hurt the player experience. I just want to play Halo again, it’s the only game I’ve enjoyed playing recently. This was on the MCC btw. I couldn’t find the MCC version of this thread.
Good luck with getting someone who actually cares about unbanning people. Especially since you actually intentionally did something and have admitted it.
Some of us are on a 200 day ban for way less than what you have done so count your lucky stars and enjoy your 14 day ban.
I've been asking to speak to someone higher than the regular 'Monitor' that frequent this post, but have been ignored and even banned from the forums.

PS, all I want for Christmas is to be able to play H5 again.
Zaedynfel is the grand high master of matchmaking for 343, you won't get anyone with more influence.
I was banned for no reason I was not leaving in the middle of matches I am very angry my account has been banned for five hours
Just got banned for quitting out from a social playlist before it started so I could play with my friend, evening ruined
Halps98 wrote:
Just got banned for quitting out from a social playlist before it started so I could play with my friend, evening ruined
If you just quit out of one game, it wouldn't even ban you. At most, a 3-5 minute temp ban, then progressively gets longer, with subsequent quits.
Banned because of committing suicide too many times on a Husky Raid Map (SPLEIPNR? sp) because i missed the lower platform too many times. Lame.
Rip cBASS
bans for leaving the game before it starts and you are inactive are wrong. Arguments first you did not decide to enter the game and did not start by harming other players and the second you may have had a problem at the health emergency where you are playing and have to stop playing.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Well 1post out of 290+ pages of the whambulance. Fat chance for any feedback to get out of this echo chamber of a thread.

I will say. I've played Halo 1-5 for quite some time.
I can play somewhat competitive and in the mix on 1-4 but being honest I am trash at Halo 5. I stink. The whole contemporizing the controls and Spartan abilities has me upside down. I do need to ask the community manager, though.

Why does the system levey a ban over a suicides on a comparably treacherous custom map?

The map was one of the fiesta type 2flag varient with a path around the backside needing a very long but doable jump. Doable for those familiar with the abilities and controls.

Well seeing the advantage it offered the opposing team I decided to try an utilize the advantage to my own ends. Except the jump is admittedly a hard one and ended up falling due to my lack of ability to use that dash/boost.

Well I suppose that has no consideration when it comes to the system in place. And with my infrequent playing only at a friend's behest. I'll be playing much less now.
The ban is laughable. It's ultimately a notice bench you to take 5from the game. It's nothing. If I wanted to keep playing, I would wait it out and be done with it. But being already on the skirts with halo5, I'm not really into it.

Did the idea to maybe not load the hammer over custom maps that would fail any OSHA inspection? We put guard rails up because hamhanded players like me don't fall off the ledge.

Being banned for being bad at a game on principle, is worth the reason to not play it. Halo going forward is now dead. And 343 killed it.

You've made slow but eventual progress with MCC, and that I've been playing with little issue. I just fear you(343) will somehow let that atrophied brain cell that engaged the system behind this Halo5 muckery get behind the console of the MCC. I suppose the phrase is "enjoy it while it lasts."

PS,
Is it too late to ask for a refund on 5?
I do feel kind of jerked paying for the multiplayer content.
The campaign was okay though. Kudos on that. Seemingly missing the same type of love halo1-3 and reach got, but still good.
Intentional suicides were used as a form of greifing in previous Halo games. These short bans were put in place to deter players from ruining the experience of other players.
Yes that is quite plain to see. My question again, is why such a policy in place for maps that are more conceptual and perhaps introduce hazards that may have not received official map refinement that the original maps have?

If 343 can't pair me up with comparable glue and crayon eaters on terms of skill, then why have this policy in place when I could be paired with players of my speed instead of being matched with a more aggressive and skilled crowd where my lack of skill would "ruin their game".

It's clear that this is policy, so on principle if this is a cross 343 is willing to die on, then that is reason enough to not play.
It will pair you with as tight as is available around a 5-minute radius from when you search. That won't always be super tight, depending on the playlist.

But if you notice you can't make a jump, you should stop trying to make it. That's not you being worse than your teammates, that's you repeatedly doing the thing and dying expecting it to be different the next time.

If you want to practice jumps, open the map in customs, don't keep trying something you can't do, and get back in the fight.

When you failed the first 2 times you shouldn't have kept trying, that's what led to the suicide ban.
Coupled with this official reply is the reason I petition for a partial refund. I realize it's never going to happen, but this is a poor policy and I can only hope it is isolated to halo5.

You want constructive. Okay.
Again, on a conceptual map varient and game varient, why levy this over players heads where such hazards are introduced and in some ways incorporated with the type of grab-bag type of gameplay?

I'll give you this, in ranked type matches, or large team matches, that type of ban policy is smart to combat griefing. but when you break away from that norm, you shouldn't hold the same types of standards and blanket policy as you would with the more conventional.

A good example and metaphor to extrapolate from is the way traffic is handled on road, off road, on sea, and in air.

Next,

"
But if you notice you can't make a jump, you should stop trying to make it. That's not you being worse than your teammates, that's you repeatedly doing the thing and dying expecting it to be different the next time."

Except this is exactly me being worse than my teammates or opponents. So by your recommendation,

"don't play or utilize factors and features of a map or game varient until you're comparably proficient"
Does this reccomendation apply to the equipment provided by the map and map varient? If I jump into a fiesta gametype (as this was as I was banned) and spawn with equipment that I'm less than proficient with,

What? Just stand still until I can respawn with another I'm more proficient with? Or as your solution advises, just not play until I can meet such proficiency standards?

Again. Because this is a policy, and all solutions to this policy are to remove myself from the multiplayer experience. I ask again, can I get a refund for the equivalent worth of the multiplayer experience?

Or is it more sensible to fit the rules to the arena?

Such as, in a "lax gameplay environment" where conventional (is it still called action sack?) situations are not the norm, and hazards and situations are introduced to induce an alternate style of gameplay, a different set of rules and policy should also follow?

And a related note, if say a race varient is reintroduced ala the fun times of halo3 and reach, and a section of the track is hazardous and in some way problves to be difficult to pass, or traverse,would the same policy be smart to employ in this said situation?

Both are non conventional gameplay, map and game varients. Both usher and support non conventional rules to proved an alternative style of gameplay. but would you say the same blanket policy fits? "You missed the gap, banned"

I feel the the policy is broken the way it's applied and needs more flexibility. On principle it's the reason I ask for a refund for the "value of the multiplayer experience".
Kratos982 wrote:
bans for leaving the game before it starts and you are inactive are wrong. Arguments first you did not decide to enter the game and did not start by harming other players and the second you may have had a problem at the health emergency where you are playing and have to stop playing.
Leaving a game after the lobby has been locked in but before the game starts leaves your team disadvantaged, because they enter the game down one teammate. This has a negative impact on the players you left behind. Social gametypes support JIP so it's possible that your empty slot will be filled in by another player, but this isn't gauranteed and still leaves your team disadvantaged until JIP finds a new player. Also, the game wants to discourage match dodging.

Bans for idling are not wrong. If you are inactive for 3 minutes in Halo 5, you get kicked for inactivity (and subsequently trigger a ban). 3 minutes of idling leaves you an open target for 180 seconds; not to mention, 180 seconds of you not helping your team. Idling is arguably worse than quitting because not only do you leave your team disadvantaged, you also feed the enemy team free kills. Alot can happen in 3 min; 3 min can change the tide of a match. If there is an actual emergency that forces you to stop playing, then you wouldn't be worried about getting a temporary ban. If you're inactive because you went to the bathroom or to warm up some food, that hardly counts as an emergency. But even if it were an emergency, how is the game supposed to know? You gonna tell the game that you had a "legitimate" reason for idling? How's the game supposed to judge the legitimacy of your reason for being inactive?
Chimera30 wrote:
Kratos982 wrote:
bans for leaving the game before it starts and you are inactive are wrong. Arguments first you did not decide to enter the game and did not start by harming other players and the second you may have had a problem at the health emergency where you are playing and have to stop playing.
Leaving a game after the lobby has been locked in but before the game starts leaves your team disadvantaged, because they enter the game down one teammate. This has a negative impact on the players you left behind. Social gametypes support JIP so it's possible that your empty slot will be filled in by another player, but this isn't gauranteed and still leaves your team disadvantaged until JIP finds a new player. Also, the game wants to discourage match dodging.

Bans for idling are not wrong. If you are inactive for 3 minutes in Halo 5, you get kicked for inactivity (and subsequently trigger a ban). 3 minutes of idling leaves you an open target for 180 seconds; not to mention, 180 seconds of you not helping your team. Idling is arguably worse than quitting because not only do you leave your team disadvantaged, you also feed the enemy team free kills. Alot can happen in 3 min; 3 min can change the tide of a match. If there is an actual emergency that forces you to stop playing, then you wouldn't be worried about getting a temporary ban. If you're inactive because you went to the bathroom or to warm up some food, that hardly counts as an emergency. But even if it were an emergency, how is the game supposed to know? You gonna tell the game that you had a "legitimate" reason for idling? How's the game supposed to judge the legitimacy of your reason for being inactive?
A new single playlist with " rules of misconduct " off, called " chaos arena", 12-15 m time limit, and half of the half of standard xp rewards can be a solution for every afker or betrayer.
What's the ban policy for social playlist now? For example if my team mates quit and it's 4v1 and I back out do you get banned still?
What's the ban policy for social playlist now? For example if my team mates quit and it's 4v1 and I back out do you get banned still?
Yes, eventually. Not on first offence though.
dgoBites wrote:
When does the Banhammer reset?
Daily?

Weekly?
Monthy?
Yearly?
Never?
It depends on how much matches you quit

my guess is daily
dgoBites wrote:
When does the Banhammer reset?
Daily?

Weekly?
Monthy?
Yearly?
Never?
It depends on how much matches you quit

my guess is daily
It resets after you complete many matches without continuing to get dnf's. At least several dozen matches if not 100+ for a full reset.
banned for killing a teammate that was repeatedly attacking and greefing me including using the covent plasma gun to temp disable my rathe and then shoot at me in tell my shealds drop so the hostel team can kill me why did he not get kicked/banned for the repeated attacks on me? note iv play on halo servers from halo 3 and on and this is the first time iv been banned iv been kicked before for accidental team kills with rockets or grenades but not this and i dont know who long the ban is for ither
I got banned because the Halo Servers kept crashing on me while I was playing Warzone Firefight. Now it's saying I can't play because I "quit" too many times. Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, how long of a ban is it and/or is there any way to fix it?
I got banned because the Halo Servers kept crashing on me while I was playing Warzone Firefight. Now it's saying I can't play because I "quit" too many times. Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, how long of a ban is it and/or is there any way to fix it?
Initial bans are a couple minutes, they basically double with additional transgressions. You don't get banned for one DNF, it takes a quite a few or a pattern. You'll need to wait out your ban.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 289
  4. 290
  5. 291
  6. 292
  7. 293
  8. ...
  9. 305