4. 293
  5. 294
  6. 295
  7. 296
  8. ...
  9. 305
Zz Daddle wrote:
Zz Daddle wrote:
I think a 4.5 month is too brutal considering many players manipulate the game.
A lot of people commit murder! You can't send me to jail for it!

um ok?
I think they're trying to say that just because other people do it doesn't mean you can't be punished (correct me if I'm wrong)
I understand what he is saying and I do not agree with what he is saying.. 4.5 months period for anyone who does the wrong thing is a joke! no one deserves that type of ban..we got banned because certain players in the swat playlist did not appreciate that we got certain ranks and I got told they know people who work for 343 industries. funny that?
Zz Daddle wrote:
Zz Daddle wrote:
Zz Daddle wrote:

um ok?
I think they're trying to say that just because other people do it doesn't mean you can't be punished (correct me if I'm wrong)
I understand what he is saying and I do not agree with what he is saying.. 4.5 months period for anyone who does the wrong thing is a joke! no one deserves that type of ban..we got banned because certain players in the swat playlist did not appreciate that we got certain ranks and I got told they know people who work for 343 industries. funny that?
It wasn't because you got 'certain ranks'; you were banned because you used illicit methods to try and obtain ranks you didn't deserve. When the system detected that you were automatically banned. Trying to minimize your actions or claiming the penalty is to harsh isn't going to gain you any sympathy here. You chose to act badly and there are consequences for that action.
Zz Daddle wrote:
we got banned because certain players in the swat playlist did not appreciate that we got certain ranks and I got told they know people who work for 343 industries. funny that?
And you believed them?
This is just a question I had about ranked rules, (particularly the bans). I understand that people have been banned for quote "ruining the fun of the others". What exactly does this mean? (apologies if I sound like I'm being nosy, just curious)
Zz Daddle wrote:
Zz Daddle wrote:
Zz Daddle wrote:

um ok?
It wasn't because you got 'certain ranks'; you were banned because you used illicit methods to try and obtain ranks you didn't deserve. When the system detected that you were automatically banned. Trying to minimize your actions or claiming the penalty is to harsh isn't going to gain you any sympathy here. You chose to act badly and there are consequences for that action.
I am not going to debate this with you. What I will say is.. After reading the new update for matchmaking changes in the current season it is good to see they have implemented fair measures to stop people manipulating the ranking system. I look forward to playing in the next season.
Why did i get banned for quitting a ranked game that somehow got started 3v4
Zz Daddle wrote:

Do you not understand that even in jail there are ways to appeal a sentence (ban)?
The point that should be looked at is simple.
  • We waited 80+ days to try to appeal our ban, not a single post was made asking until now, showing that we accept our ban because we were guilty of breaching terms of service. Its called acceptance and its pretty important to realize we accepted the punishment due to our actions.
The ban is to give get people to regret their decisions and learn from them moving forward.
We (zDaddlez & i) both post showing that we regret our actions and wish to have a second chance.
We are obviously dedicated players who want to play again before the remaining time because everyone is stuck inside due to the pandemic. At this time we should be connecting, showing sympathy and being understanding for people during tough times. This is absolutely crazy to be made a mockery of on a forum asking for help,
  • Can we please feel connected with the ones we care about online and be able to play Halo 5 matchmaking?
Hunterish wrote:
Zz Daddle wrote:

Do you not understand that even in jail there are ways to appeal a sentence (ban)?
The point that should be looked at is simple.
  • We waited 80+ days to try to appeal our ban, not a single post was made asking until now, showing that we accept our ban because we were guilty of breaching terms of service. Its called acceptance and its pretty important to realize we accepted the punishment due to our actions.
The ban is to give get people to regret their decisions and learn from them moving forward.
We (zDaddlez & i) both post showing that we regret our actions and wish to have a second chance.
We are obviously dedicated players who want to play again before the remaining time because everyone is stuck inside due to the pandemic. At this time we should be connecting, showing sympathy and being understanding for people during tough times. This is absolutely crazy to be made a mockery of on a forum asking for help,
  • Can we please feel connected with the ones we care about online and be able to play Halo 5 matchmaking?
You can't appeal a ban here. This forum is only for help in finding why you were banned. If you know why already, you aren't going to get more out of it.
Hunterish wrote:
Which has nothing to do with the absurdity of the claim that 'a lot of people do it so I shouldn't be punished'

"The point that should be looked at is simple.
        Your friend clearly did not. Every attempt was made to minimize the offense and at one point they claimed that they weren't guilty as 'we got banned because certain players in the swat playlist did not appreciate that we got certain ranks and I got told they know people who work for 343 industries.' That is hardly an acceptance of responsibility or the consequences of your actions. The conversation in no way mentioned an appeal system, nor is it relevant.If you were truly looking to appeal a ban you'd felt had been applied inappropriately you wouldn't have waited until now and asked for clemency based on being on 'lockdown.' Clemency and an appeal are not the same thing.
Quote:
"The ban is to give get people to regret their decisions and learn from them moving forward.
We (zDaddlez & i) both post showing that we regret our actions and wish to have a second chance."
You may show regret, but I've not seen remorse. You will have a second chance once your ban is over. You weren't permabanned yet.

Quote:
"We are obviously dedicated players who want to play again before the remaining time because everyone is stuck inside due to the pandemic. At this time we should be connecting, showing sympathy and being understanding for people during tough times. This is absolutely crazy to be made a mockery of on a forum asking for help,
You're asking for clemency, not help. A plea for sympathy is not acceptance of responsibility or an admission of your guilt. You could've chosen to be understanding and abided by the rules of matchmaking rather than trying to subvert the system to your own ends. There are always consequences for any action. A part of life is dealing with the fall out from your actions. In this case you can't even state that you meant well as you obviously did not.
  • Quote:
    This thread is about finding out information about the ban system. It isn't a place to beg for clemency, nor would I have any say if such were granted.
Hunterish wrote:
Which has nothing to do with the absurdity of the claim that 'a lot of people do it so I shouldn't be punished'

Your friend clearly did not. Every attempt was made to minimize the offense and at one point they claimed that they weren't guilty as 'we got banned because certain players in the swat playlist did not appreciate that we got certain ranks and I got told they know people who work for 343 industries.' That is hardly an acceptance of responsibility or the consequences of your actions. The conversation in now way mentioned an appeal system, nor is it relevant.If you were truly looking to appeal a ban you'd felt had been applied inappropriately you wouldn't have waited until now and asked for clemency based on being on 'lockdown.' Clemency and an appeal are not the same thing.
Quote:
"The ban is to give get people to regret their decisions and learn from them moving forward.
We (zDaddlez & i) both post showing that we regret our actions and wish to have a second chance."
You may show regret, but I've not seen remorse. You will have a second chance once your ban is over. You weren't permabanned yet.

Quote:
"We are obviously dedicated players who want to play again before the remaining time because everyone is stuck inside due to the pandemic. At this time we should be connecting, showing sympathy and being understanding for people during tough times. This is absolutely crazy to be made a mockery of on a forum asking for help,
You're asking for clemency, not help. A plea for sympathy is not acceptance of responsibility or an admission of your guilt. You could've chosen to be understanding and abided by the rules of matchmaking rather than trying to subvert the system to your own ends. There are always consequences for any action. A part of life is dealing with the fall out from your actions. In this case you can't even state that you meant well as you obviously did not.
  • Quote:
    This thread is about finding out information about the ban system. It isn't a place to beg for clemency, nor would I have any say if such were granted.
For one, check your tone with me. You speak to me as if Halo Monitor is a title i should be looking up to. I am far from begging you for anything. Acting as a father figure to me as if i were a 10year old kid humors me. I dont think the halo forum is where anyone searches out life advice, so calm down with your philosophical banter and telling me my actions are anything less of what Ive said they were, You dont get to sit biased then criticize my actions. You have the upper hand here. Im not oblivious to the fact you can act like you run the place because others just allowed you to speak sideways to them.. But lets get one thing straight, I wont be spoken down to, and if I am i wont go unheard.
Halo 5 was gifted to me, not a single dollar have I spent on REQ packs. Halo 5 is also the only halo i find interesting, never paid for past titles. Im not a loyal customer or a diehard fan. I havent placed a single dollar in 343s hands and I wont be anytime soon (Infinite will be a dud). Ive survived the ban so far by playing superior games that are out. I just like playing H5 with my friends from time to time.
Hi I have been banned for a while is this thread looked at still as my question I kept checking back on halo 5 and the time kept increasing

please help
Hunterish wrote:
Hunterish wrote:

Your friend clearly did not. Every attempt was made to minimize the offense and at one point they claimed that they weren't guilty as 'we got banned because certain players in the swat playlist did not appreciate that we got certain ranks and I got told they know people who work for 343 industries.' That is hardly an acceptance of responsibility or the consequences of your actions. The conversation in now way mentioned an appeal system, nor is it relevant.If you were truly looking to appeal a ban you'd felt had been applied inappropriately you wouldn't have waited until now and asked for clemency based on being on 'lockdown.' Clemency and an appeal are not the same thing.
Quote:

Quote:
  • Quote:
For one, check your tone with me. You speak to me as if Halo Monitor is a title i should be looking up to. I am far from begging you for anything. Acting as a father figure to me as if i were a 10year old kid humors me. I dont think the halo forum is where anyone searches out life advice, so calm down with your philosophical banter and telling me my actions are anything less of what Ive said they were, You dont get to sit biased then criticize my actions. You have the upper hand here. Im not oblivious to the fact you can act like you run the place because others just allowed you to speak sideways to them.. But lets get one thing straight, I wont be spoken down to, and if I am i wont go unheard.
Halo 5 was gifted to me, not a single dollar have I spent on REQ packs. Halo 5 is also the only halo i find interesting, never paid for past titles. Im not a loyal customer or a diehard fan. I havent placed a single dollar in 343s hands and I wont be anytime soon (Infinite will be a dud). Ive survived the ban so far by playing superior games that are out. I just like playing H5 with my friends from time to time.
That's not cool, don't hate on Halo, it hasn't did anything to you ☹️
Hunterish wrote:
For one, check your tone with me. You speak to me as if Halo Monitor is a title i should be looking up to. I am far from begging you for anything. Acting as a father figure to me as if i were a 10year old kid humors me.
I may be direct, but you're not going to get any special treament here. I'm not sure what you're reading into this, but calling out bad behavior and lapses of logic is something I've done on this site long before I was asked to help out.

Quote:
I dont think the halo forum is where anyone searches out life advice, so calm down with your philosophical banter and telling me my actions are anything less of what Ive said they were,
Yes, my long diatrabes on the interaction between determinism and the appearance of free will were such a large part of my post. Pointing out doing something bad has consequences (or something good for that matter) is hardly metaphysics.

Quote:
You dont get to sit biased then criticize my actions.
You chose to put your behavior onto a forum. Expecting people to heap praise on your actions without anyone pointing out they were wrong isn't going to happen. If you choose to post about your negative behavior, people have a right to respond as long as they can do so constructively and with a reasonable degree of politeness (both of which I managed.)
Quote:
You have the upper hand here. Im not oblivious to the fact you can act like you run the place because others just allowed you to speak sideways to them.. But lets get one thing straight, I wont be spoken down to, and if I am i wont go unheard.
You may have a different definition of 'being spoken down' to than most. I pointed out your misbehavior, the lapses in your logic, and offered more information on the way the ban system works.
Quote:
Most of that is irrelevant.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Wow. I woke up to all this rubbish. I think everyone needs to remember that this is just a game! People are currently dieing everyday around the world from COVID 19 and we are debating a ban on a video game. Grow up! I am over this issue I will deal with my ban as obviously nothing can be done here.
I want to know why someone gets banned for falling off a Husky Raid map 3 times but in a regular game, I had a "team mate" suicide by shooting a rocket at a wall 48, yes I repeat FORTY-EIGHT times. Obviously he wasn't kicked out of the game or banned. If I could add the screenshot I took, I would. Or you can look at it on my page. I posted it. Seriously Halo programmers, get with the game. I've fallen off a map three times and not been banned. But my true team mate got banned today and he didn't even know what it was. He's been playing Halo since 2004. Just makes no sense... Maybe it's just me but... Come on
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I believe I have been wrongfully banned. I got a 135 day suspension for “intentionally ruining the fun of the game for other players.” I can’t figure out why that would be. Could someone please look into this and tell me exactly why I was banned?
HELP! I have a 135 day ban. HELP Please look into this and reduce it at least. PLEASE!
I believe I have been wrongfully banned. I got a 135 day suspension for “intentionally ruining the fun of the game for other players.” I can’t figure out why that would be. Could someone please look into this and tell me exactly why I was banned?
That means you were messing around in ranked when you shouldn't have been (I think, no one has told me what it actually means)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 292
  4. 293
  5. 294
  6. 295
  7. 296
  8. ...
  9. 305