1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 309
Will being disconnected by lagging out of a game cause a ban, or count against me, aside from losing whatever XP or RP boost I had used?
If done enough times, yes, I believe so.
Yes it will. It happened to ALOT of people during the infamous Great Super Bowl weekend dropout incident of 2016. I got dropped from at least 7 games throughout the course of the day that Saturday, many times right at the end of the match, and got my first banhammer that night.
Will being disconnected by lagging out of a game cause a ban, or count against me, aside from losing whatever XP or RP boost I had used?
Yes it will. Even quitting one game will get you banned, like I been even though I haven't quit in 2-4 weeks. Then when I quit one game this morning I got banned. FIX YOUR PROBLEMS FOR ONCE 343!!!!!!
I've never been banned
Yes it will. Even quitting one game will get you banned, like I been even though I haven't quit in 2-4 weeks. Then when I quit one game this morning I got banned. FIX YOUR PROBLEMS FOR ONCE 343!!!!!!
That's because it counts all your dnf's altogether. It doesn't reset after a small period of time. So it's not how many quits today, it's how many quits you've done since you started playing.
But I had a match were I quit because two of my four teammates were inactive...This was the first time I has quit in 3 days.
I got a 24 hour ban...surely thats not right...
Had to wait it out and a day of social CTF.
Can anyone tell me why I got a 24 hour ban for this?
I' m not mad ( ANYMORE ) but would still like to know why I got the huge ban if possible.
Also just wanted to tell whomever is monitor on this thread, I feel for ya dude.
I DSG I wrote:
But I had a match were I quit because two of my four teammates were inactive...This was the first time I has quit in 3 days.
I got a 24 hour ban...surely thats not right...
Had to wait it out and a day of social CTF.
Can anyone tell me why I got a 24 hour ban for this?
I' m not mad ( ANYMORE ) but would still like to know why I got the huge ban if possible.
Was this your first ban? Most likely not. Each time you're banned the ban length becomes longer.
Crying shame this thread has to even exist. But im not complaining, tired of people with 10+ dnf in a row coming here acting as though they did nothing wrong.
Yes it will even if it's not your fault and the game says that it lost connection to halo servers or if it says retrieving data after a match and then says failed to retrieve data from last match that counts too. And too many of those and youll get banned for a certain amount of time. It views it as if you got booted from a game or quit out of one. It's dumb but at the same time there's no way for them to distinguish the diff between them so is causes a lot of grief to gamers who constantly have that issue due to there internet quality or servers for that area.
Alright, in the name of everyone who believes they've been unjustly banned up until now... would someone bloody tell us all when the bans reset?
AsGryffynn wrote:
Alright, in the name of everyone who believes they've been unjustly banned up until now... would someone bloody tell us all when the bans reset?
Never. It keeps going and going. its really stupid. I didn't quit since december I left 3 games got a 25 minute ban. Lagged out of one game of social CTF and had a 45 minute ban.
But is it possible for you to make it so that when you get kicked bc of the servers it doesn't count as a quit?
Yes it will. Just got banned for 13 minutes (a minor inconvenience, but a ban nonetheless) for lagging out of 3 games. I assume the bans become increasingly harsh each time the banhammer comes down, but I'm not certain. Until 343 can find a way to distinguish between good faith disconnects and intentional quitting - and factor that distinction into their player conduct algorithm - your best bet is to address any potential network issues after the first time you disconnect from a game.
I got banned five times in a row because the servers are garbage; why wasn't that included?
This gave me a good chuckle, lol
well it is serious most of my friends have had that happen to them
I have only been able to play 17 Arena games this month due to ban-lag.
It's Hell, feel lucky if it doesn't affect you
Check your NAT settings and see if you PnP enabled or if you need to port forward. Xbox support would have a list of how to do this on most router/modems
Uko1418 wrote:
Yes it will. Just got banned for 13 minutes (a minor inconvenience, but a ban nonetheless) for lagging out of 3 games. I assume the bans become increasingly harsh each time the banhammer comes down, but I'm not certain. Until 343 can find a way to distinguish between good faith disconnects and intentional quitting - and factor that distinction into their player conduct algorithm - your best bet is to address any potential network issues after the first time you disconnect from a game.
They likely do have a way to see if that is the case. If you constantly "lag out" while you're being destroyed in matches that'd be a red flag. If it happens just as often on games you're actually winning not so much.
TaCs197 wrote:
Uko1418 wrote:
They likely do have a way to see if that is the case. If you constantly "lag out" while you're being destroyed in matches that'd be a red flag. If it happens just as often on games you're actually winning not so much.
Works for me... also, banned after a DNF but noticed it is down to 2 minutes (my last one was longer), so perhaps it does reset, but I don't know the specifics, especially since season wise I have a lot, but they are less than the total number of games I've accrued...
Nevermind. It was an Xbox live issue.
I have been banned a few times after completing a game. I have not quit any games. My gamer record says I have a perfect record. I have even finished countless 4 v 1 or 4 v 2 games just so I don't get banned and then I still get banned anyway. It says I lost connection right after the game finishes and then I'm banned. Please fix this
NIMSS wrote:
I've been banned for 2 hours and I didn't even quit!! I'm going to lose it. I hate this game so much now. I quit one game 2 hours ago because of lag issues, that was it! And now I can't play for two hours! This is unacceptable man. Absolute garbage system.
4 DNFs in your last 14 games.
By the way, most people in this thread are focusing on quitting and bans. Betrayals, suicides, and griefing are also worthy of the banhammer. So even if you're finishing every game, but betraying people for power weapons or idling...enjoy your ban.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 309