1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 305
  4. 306
  5. 307
  6. 308
  7. ...
  8. 309
Interested to hear a response to my active ban: I rarely disconnect from games and usually if I do it is only once or is resolved by a hard restart, but today I was removed from multiple Warzone and Social games back to back regardless of a hard restart. I find it hard to believe that the problem is on my end as a network test done both on the Xbox as well as a speed test app show perfect connection. So with my history of fairly strong connection, green speed tests, and large quantities of time played on Halo 5 this multiple disconnects seems suspicious.
You have no active bans at this time.
So I was banned for quitting, it's ok, my fault, I quit one match where it was 2 of us against a full team, then won the next one, then I was customizing my character and another match started so I quit and got banned, again my fault.

My question is, how many days was I actually banned? it doesn't say, just says "954", I hope I wasn't banned almost 3 years for 2 quits lol.
ShyKid5 wrote:
So I was banned for quitting, it's ok, my fault, I quit one match where it was 2 of us against a full team, then won the next one, then I was customizing my character and another match started so I quit and got banned, again my fault.

My question is, how many days was I actually banned? it doesn't say, just says "954", I hope I wasn't banned almost 3 years for 2 quits lol.
Looks like this was just a 10 minute ban.
I got banned because I accidentally killed my teammate one then it said I was greifing
Why did my account get banned for 2 weeks
I was given a temporary ban for “quitting too many matches” I’m sorry but is one match with a hacker too many times? This is outrageous. Fix it. I get kicked because others have a terrible connection and I leave when there’s a hacker. Start fixing the problems with the hackers then fix the bans or vice versa. You need to fix BOTH I was falsely given a temporary ban AGAIN. This is the reason why people don’t like Halo 5.
I was given a temporary ban for “quitting too many matches” I’m sorry but is one match with a hacker too many times? This is outrageous. Fix it. I get kicked because others have a terrible connection and I leave when there’s a hacker. Start fixing the problems with the hackers then fix the bans or vice versa. You need to fix BOTH I was falsely given a temporary ban AGAIN. This is the reason why people don’t like Halo 5.
How long was your ban for? I see a decent amount of DNFs in your recent games
Can you define what you mean by "hacker" please?
Hey, curious why i was banned, again.

I got a ban for 3 months a while ago because I let my kid mess around in war zone firefight games and would leave the controller and get kicked for inactivity, but since getting unbanned recently I haven’t had that happen. The only thing that I’ve experienced is network errors while searching for games or my game locking up while returning to lobby that required me to kill the game.

I got a ban for 3 months a while ago because I let my kid mess around in war zone firefight games and would leave the controller and get kicked for inactivity, but since getting unbanned recently I haven’t had that happen. The only thing that I’ve experienced is network errors while searching for games or my game locking up while returning to lobby that required me to kill the game.
Probably because of idling and intentionally avoiding the idle boot in several Firefight games:

Game 1

Game 2

Game 3
IGRS wrote:

Probably because of idling and intentionally avoiding the idle boot in several Firefight games:

Game 1

Game 2

Game 3
So a few things about that:

1 - from my understanding you cannot idle without getting booted from the game. Even rubber banding a joystick will get you kicked as the game can tell you are not actually playing. So in order to not get kicked you need to actually be doing stuff in the game.

2 - as I stated above I let my kid play Halo because he likes the game. I let him run around in Warzone Firefight, mostly getting killed as his hands aren’t big enough to really use the controller properly, but he loves it none the less because he watches me play Halo 5 and MCC all the time.

3 - Given statement 1 above the only way to avoid getting kicked is to actually run around and play. however, since someone was playing (my kid who just ran around in Warzone Firefight) what you are saying is that my account got banned for essentially having someone play on it who, was not breaking any rules, but who was so terrible at the game thought they were?

4 - if you look at my game history there are plenty of games of Social Fiesta, Big Team, Anniversary Slayer, and even Warzone Firefight games that clearly show the difference between when I play and my kid plays.
IGRS wrote:

Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

1 - from my understanding you cannot idle without getting booted from the game. Even rubber banding a joystick will get you kicked as the game can tell you are not actually playing. So in order to not get kicked you need to actually be doing stuff in the game.

2 - as I stated above I let my kid play Halo because he likes the game. I let him run around in Warzone Firefight, mostly getting killed as his hands aren’t big enough to really use the controller properly, but he loves it none the less because he watches me play Halo 5 and MCC all the time.

3 - Given statement 1 above the only way to avoid getting kicked is to actually run around and play. however, since someone was playing (my kid who just ran around in Warzone Firefight) what you are saying is that my account got banned for essentially having someone play on it who, was not breaking any rules, but who was so terrible at the game thought they were?

4 - if you look at my game history there are plenty of games of Social Fiesta, Big Team, Anniversary Slayer, and even Warzone Firefight games that clearly show the difference between when I play and my kid plays.
You need to make your kid a separate account — those are the rules.

Also, you realize we can see the game footage right? What was happening wasn’t someone bad at the game, it’s someone doing nothing and moving around enough to not get kicked for idling, which affects everyone else in the game.
IGRS wrote:
IGRS wrote:

Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

You need to make your kid a separate account — those are the rules.

Also, you realize we can see the game footage right? What was happening wasn’t someone bad at the game, it’s someone doing nothing and moving around enough to not get kicked for idling, which affects everyone else in the game.
So much this^^

If what you're saying is true (your kid playing) then you REALLY need to make them their own MS account. Your xbox one is by default your 'home' xbox - anyone signed in on that xbox will have access to all the things you own digitally - including Gold (the ability to play online).

So either:
  1. Make your kid an account, or;
  2. Stop pretending to have a kid playing, and stop idling.
    (not trying to sound like a jerk here, but yeah - gotta make a new account for others)
There was that one time I was playing infection and kept being shot even the last person alive even though I was on the other side of the wall and they had a dmr, so they couldn’t use homing ammunition and all those other times I randomly was killed through walls and don’t get by me started on aim bot or the times that they couldn’t take damage. The maybe they had really good aim excuse is inapplicable due to the fact that they immediately locked on to my friend who was opposite of me and they never missed a shot. There is a reason I have decided to nearly entirely stop playing infection, it’s not a lack of skill as I have come out on top by about 25 points at times and there’s occasionally Arena matches that have hackers, but you can deal damage from a distance and have some help with it. There are also numerous glitches that become apparent in Infection, such as the time my friend who was INFECTED PICKED UP A MAGNUM A MAGNUM THE ENTIRE PREMISE OF BEING INFECTED IS KILLING PEOPLE WITH AN ENERGY SWORD AND NOT GUNS, there’s also time I’ve been hit by an infected on the other side of the map, them going through walls, and everything in between. The times I’ve been temporarily banned for others having bad connection is 2 which is 2 too many, I’m not the problem, there’s a router next to my Xbox 1 proving my connection is superior to most players. This is what I mean by fix it. The only way people will bug if is if you fix it and I’m sure that you want people to buy it, but there’s reasons not to.
IGRS wrote:
It was for 7:30, but it should not have been issued, I have finished nearly all my matches. Bans are for when people are hacking not when they don’t want to play with a hacker or when they get kicked because someone else has a bad connection. It’s not the consequence, it’s the concept of it, why I was, nit because I’m butt hurt because I lost a few minutes of my time, the concept.
IGRS wrote:
It was for 7:30, but it should not have been issued, I have finished nearly all my matches. Bans are for when people are hacking not when they don’t want to play with a hacker or when they get kicked because someone else has a bad connection. It’s not the consequence, it’s the concept of it, why I was, nit because I’m butt hurt because I lost a few minutes of my time, the concept.
Bans are for anything that breaks the rules, quitting is against the rules. One quit won’t get you banned

edit — you also keep referring to a “hacker” — that’s not a thing in H5, it was probably a ping issue
IGRS wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Bans are for anything that breaks the rules, quitting is against the rules. One quit won’t get you banned

edit — you also keep referring to a “hacker” — that’s not a thing in H5, it was probably a ping issue
Actually, there is such a thing as mods/hacks for halo 5. I've only ever seen them used in forge and custom games, but that doesn't mean they can't be ported into other modes. If everyone keeps dismissing them as fables or myths, nobody who uses them are ever going to see justice. I'm going to say this now; there needs to be something in place to deal with them in halo infinite besides silencing players who mention them. I have clips of them being used by someone, but they are passed off as taboo.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
You can link to the game or clip here..there’s no taboo. Yes it might be done in customs but I’ve yet to see it in matchmaking. The whole point of forge is that you can make custom scripts / maps / scenarios. Until someone has some evidence, it’s safe to say it doesn’t exist in matchmaking.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 305
  4. 306
  5. 307
  6. 308
  7. ...
  8. 309