Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

The official Halo 5 "Why was I banned?" thread

OP WulfwoodsSins

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 306
  4. 307
  5. 308
  6. ...
  7. 309
IGRS wrote:
Can you define what you mean by "hacker" please?
You can link to the game or clip here..there’s no taboo. Yes it might be done in customs but I’ve yet to see it in matchmaking. The whole point of forge is that you can make custom scripts / maps / scenarios. Until someone has some evidence, it’s safe to say it doesn’t exist in matchmaking.
Yes, you can do all kinds of crazy stuff in Forge and these aren't hacks/mods/toolkits. These are just Forge features that players can use to modify the map and script itself using the game itself to do this. There is currently no way for foreign code to run inside any of the Xbox sandboxes (Xbox security was never cracked).

So you're not seeing some external hack, you're just seeing clever use of tools that we gave the players to do with as they please within Forge and customs.

But you won't see that in matchmaking.
ZaedynFel wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Can you define what you mean by "hacker" please?
You can link to the game or clip here..there’s no taboo. Yes it might be done in customs but I’ve yet to see it in matchmaking. The whole point of forge is that you can make custom scripts / maps / scenarios. Until someone has some evidence, it’s safe to say it doesn’t exist in matchmaking.
Yes, you can do all kinds of crazy stuff in Forge and these aren't hacks/mods/toolkits. These are just Forge features that players can use to modify the map and script itself using the game itself to do this. There is currently no way for foreign code to run inside any of the Xbox sandboxes (Xbox security was never cracked).

So you're not seeing some external hack, you're just seeing clever use of tools that we gave the players to do with as they please within Forge and customs.

But you won't see that in matchmaking.
You can modify the attributes of weapons in forge? Projectiles and damage outputs and effects of every weapon and vehicle?
ZaedynFel wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Can you define what you mean by "hacker" please?
Take a peek at my clip from 2019, I'm not sure what month. But I worry that something like that could end up in ranked, or super Fiesta, or even warzone. If things like that kind of hacking/modding/toolkits for certain hosts exists, think of what happens when it gets ported to warzone, or if someone finds a breach in the code to be able to utilize a mod menu. Also, if stickerboy tries to say I'm lying or fear mongering and bans me, expect me to raise a stink and go public with the evidence on some notable channels.
You can link to the game or clip here..there’s no taboo. Yes it might be done in customs but I’ve yet to see it in matchmaking. The whole point of forge is that you can make custom scripts / maps / scenarios. Until someone has some evidence, it’s safe to say it doesn’t exist in matchmaking.
Yes, you can do all kinds of crazy stuff in Forge and these aren't hacks/mods/toolkits. These are just Forge features that players can use to modify the map and script itself using the game itself to do this. There is currently no way for foreign code to run inside any of the Xbox sandboxes (Xbox security was never cracked).

So you're not seeing some external hack, you're just seeing clever use of tools that we gave the players to do with as they please within Forge and customs.

But you won't see that in matchmaking.
You can modify the attributes of weapons in forge? Projectiles and damage outputs and effects of every weapon and vehicle?
Yes, you can do all kinds of things including changing weapon and vehicle attributes.
Would love to know how the people that work for 343 industries can ban me the first time for 4.5 months and then decide to permanently ban me!? How is this even fair?
I thought it was two warnings and 3rd strike your out. It is just a game and people have paid money for a xbox and games to be able to play. I think your rules are too harsh and you need to give warnings before a perm ban is issued. Can you look into is as the person I complained to was not suitable in their response! Thanks
Zz Daddle wrote:
Would love to know how the people that work for 343 industries can ban me the first time for 4.5 months and then decide to permanently ban me!? How is this even fair?
I thought it was two warnings and 3rd strike your out. It is just a game and people have paid money for a xbox and games to be able to play. I think your rules are too harsh and you need to give warnings before a perm ban is issued. Can you look into is as the person I complained to was not suitable in their response! Thanks
They could theoretically perma ban you on your first offense if they deemed it serious enough. A 4.5 month ban is a pretty serious warning to not repeat the actions that got you banned.
Username: Iheardyoublow
literally was banned for misconduct. No clue why.
i quit one game because I was doing absolutely terrible and rage quit. I’d like to play please.... don’t have much free time to play and I would like too.
Can you please figure out why I’m an banned. I have played this game a lot in the past. For a long time. Never have I ever been banned like this. I haven’t broke any rules except rage quitting??? Which is like 5 minutes in the past... always has been. Please fix this. I never have a chance to play and right now is my chance. I’m this close to never playing again...... this is absolutely ridiculous....
You got the game pretty effed up... can’t lie I’m furious... never playing again... it was fun.
Can you please figure out why I’m an banned. I have played this game a lot in the past. For a long time. Never have I ever been banned like this. I haven’t broke any rules except rage quitting??? Which is like 5 minutes in the past... always has been. Please fix this. I never have a chance to play and right now is my chance. I’m this close to never playing again...... this is absolutely ridiculous....
How long were you banned for? You have 10 DNFs in your last 40 matches
IGRS wrote:
Can you please figure out why I’m an banned. I have played this game a lot in the past. For a long time. Never have I ever been banned like this. I haven’t broke any rules except rage quitting??? Which is like 5 minutes in the past... always has been. Please fix this. I never have a chance to play and right now is my chance. I’m this close to never playing again...... this is absolutely ridiculous....
How long were you banned for? You have 10 DNFs in your last 40 matches
I have started to give the people you say have a lot of DNFs in their recent games the benefit of the doubt. I have no reason why my friend who has at least double my DNFs in the last 20 games hasn’t been banned yet. I would like this explained because I get a 7:30 ban for quitting one match with a hacker, but he quits matches because he missed a shot hasn’t gotten a temp ban yet.
IGRS wrote:
Can you please figure out why I’m an banned. I have played this game a lot in the past. For a long time. Never have I ever been banned like this. I haven’t broke any rules except rage quitting??? Which is like 5 minutes in the past... always has been. Please fix this. I never have a chance to play and right now is my chance. I’m this close to never playing again...... this is absolutely ridiculous....
How long were you banned for? You have 10 DNFs in your last 40 matches
I have started to give the people you say have a lot of DNFs in their recent games the benefit of the doubt. I have no reason why my friend who has at least double my DNFs in the last 20 games hasn’t been banned yet. I would like this explained because I get a 7:30 ban for quitting one match with a hacker, but he quits matches because he missed a shot hasn’t gotten a temp ban yet.
It looks at a variety factors and for a pattern of quitting — they’re not going to share the formula because people would abuse it. I don’t think you can argue that 10 DNFs in 40 matches doesn’t deserve a temp ban.

One possible explanation of you vs your friend: in the last 20 games he has more quits than you but if it looked at his last 500 games (for example) his quit % might be quite low.
IGRS wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Can you please figure out why I’m an banned. I have played this game a lot in the past. For a long time. Never have I ever been banned like this. I haven’t broke any rules except rage quitting??? Which is like 5 minutes in the past... always has been. Please fix this. I never have a chance to play and right now is my chance. I’m this close to never playing again...... this is absolutely ridiculous....
How long were you banned for? You have 10 DNFs in your last 40 matches
I have started to give the people you say have a lot of DNFs in their recent games the benefit of the doubt. I have no reason why my friend who has at least double my DNFs in the last 20 games hasn’t been banned yet. I would like this explained because I get a 7:30 ban for quitting one match with a hacker, but he quits matches because he missed a shot hasn’t gotten a temp ban yet.
It looks at a variety factors and for a pattern of quitting — they’re not going to share the formula because people would abuse it. I don’t think you can argue that 10 DNFs in 40 matches doesn’t deserve a temp ban.

One possible explanation of you vs your friend: in the last 20 games he has more quits than you but if it looked at his last 500 games (for example) his quit % might be quite low.
Also the matching algorithm might need to be looked at as when I played big team super fiesta with him the opponents were nearly untouched due to the immediate death we were dealt if we spawned; he quit and I played a few matches without him and there was nearly no spawn killing if any.
Hello I have received a ban for 35 days Idk why but it says for been idle that a mistake a always play all my games. I wish I could received a better explanation. Before I got ban I was playing warzone and I finished my last match then went to the lobby and close the game a hour pass and I went to play again and saw the ban hammer. I don't know if its a mistake or something but I think you guys should check the games before dropping the ban hammer.
halo0575 wrote:
Hello I have received a ban for 35 days Idk why but it says for been idle that a mistake a always play all my games. I wish I could received a better explanation. Before I got ban I was playing warzone and I finished my last match then went to the lobby and close the game a hour pass and I went to play again and saw the ban hammer. I don't know if its a mistake or something but I think you guys should check the games before dropping the ban hammer.
In the game that I glanced at that you start out playing normally, then aimlessly wander around/hide or run directly into enemies to die. At some points it looks like you have your left thumbstick pinned down because you're running into walls and such. That would be considered idling.
IGRS wrote:
IGRS wrote:
Can you please figure out why I’m an banned. I have played this game a lot in the past. For a long time. Never have I ever been banned like this. I haven’t broke any rules except rage quitting??? Which is like 5 minutes in the past... always has been. Please fix this. I never have a chance to play and right now is my chance. I’m this close to never playing again...... this is absolutely ridiculous....
How long were you banned for? You have 10 DNFs in your last 40 matches
I have started to give the people you say have a lot of DNFs in their recent games the benefit of the doubt. I have no reason why my friend who has at least double my DNFs in the last 20 games hasn’t been banned yet. I would like this explained because I get a 7:30 ban for quitting one match with a hacker, but he quits matches because he missed a shot hasn’t gotten a temp ban yet.
It looks at a variety factors and for a pattern of quitting — they’re not going to share the formula because people would abuse it. I don’t think you can argue that 10 DNFs in 40 matches doesn’t deserve a temp ban.

One possible explanation of you vs your friend: in the last 20 games he has more quits than you but if it looked at his last 500 games (for example) his quit % might be quite low.
Actually I should interject. My quit percentage is VERY low. 85% of my DNFs are dashboard bdrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr crashes, or server "disconnects". The same applies to halo wars 2. I don't quit matches, but the moment I find that circumstances require me to pause play, and scroll down to the button to leave game, and click it... I get punished. It's almost as if the system expects me to play out EVERY match, because I pretty much do, and if I don't, the system freaks out. I don't know how many times I've clipped it when Hw2 kicked me out from server problems. The game would freeze, stay frozen for 10-30 seconds, and then you see the ark. "Your connection to the online services has been lost". Out of all my DNFs for Hw2 in the last 6 months... I quit once. Halo 5? 6 months, I've quit twice. Been banned for the quits on halo 5 both times, albeit short durations.
Will you please lift my console ban? My accounts are BBlue bee, lip2nose, sScoobyyy, and puny god 20. I received a ban because of puny god 20. That is the only account I have ever tried that on. I play with a few people that aren’t very good, so I occasionally play on other accounts. I won’t derank an account again. I haven’t since halo 2 lmao goodness I’m old. Anyways, will you please lift my console ban? This game is 5 years old and I love halo. I don’t want to ruin it. It didn’t even feel good deranking. Like I did feel bad for losing some games. You can check though I didn’t keep trying to derank and I don’t habitually grief my teammates or the community. Anyways, worth a shot. This definitely sucks man
I've just recently been banned but I don't know what the offense was. Never received an email or a notification. How do I find out what the behavior was that caused the banning? I've only been playing for 2 weeks and then an hour ago I was banned. Thanks for any help.
I've just recently been banned but I don't know what the offense was. Never received an email or a notification. How do I find out what the behavior was that caused the banning? I've only been playing for 2 weeks and then an hour ago I was banned. Thanks for any help.
Likely because of your Quits/disconnects, it was probably a very short ban.
Hi there, I recently tried turning on search visibility for my map "Kino der Toten," a remake of the Call of Duty Zombies map of the same name. However, when I go to turn on search visibility, I get an in game message saying: "INVALID ENTRY This entry contains a reserved entry or violates the Xbox Live Code of Conduct."

As far as I know, nothing has changed about my map, it was a very popular map so to speak. Can someone tell me how I can fix this or if a 343 rep can fix this? Thanks! Here is the waypoint link.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=Darth%20Diink#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_Darth%20Diink_0c6d7058-0a72-432e-b318-8c626f844f56
I got banned for running teammates over. I was on big team battle flying around and teammates loaded in front of me and they were around a blind corner.

I don't kill teammates on purpose. Its unfortunate that this happened but its not a normal part of how I play if you look at my full history I don't quit or grief on purpose ever.

I don't understand how this works because my system isn't loading the message that tells me how long the ban was for. I have a ton of hours in this game and ive been playing it on and off for a long time now. Id hate to not be able to play halo because I ran some teammates over in a match. If you can explain how long id appreciate it. I also don't know if ive had previous bans because its been a long time between time I play halo 5. I may have been banned before but I cant remember its been a long time.

ok forget that its already over I guess.
sorry for wasting your time
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 306
  4. 307
  5. 308
  6. ...
  7. 309