OP WulfwoodsSins

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 307
  4. 308
  5. 309
  6. ...
  7. 310
How do I check why and how long my ban was, I accidentally closed the ban screen before I could read it.
I know I am not special and I do not know if it is possible, but if an exemption for quit bans could be made for me, I would like to look into it. My xbox console has had a repeating issue having random shut-offs, this happens with games other than Halo. Tried cleaning the console, looking for any broken parts, nothing. The console continues to shut off in the middle of Halo matches and thus getting me banned in two matches, give or take. This has been happening for a while now, and its getting me to the point where I just stray away from playing Halo. If the system records offenses like I hear, anybody who looks should be able to see a pattern of how often I 'quit' matches, and hopefully there is some sort of steady pattern of how often it happens. Other games are able to detect these random shutoffs as disconnects but Halo 5 doesnt. Any luck with helping me would be greatly appreciated.
I know I am not special and I do not know if it is possible, but if an exemption for quit bans could be made for me, I would like to look into it. My xbox console has had a repeating issue having random shut-offs, this happens with games other than Halo. Tried cleaning the console, looking for any broken parts, nothing. The console continues to shut off in the middle of Halo matches and thus getting me banned in two matches, give or take. This has been happening for a while now, and its getting me to the point where I just stray away from playing Halo. If the system records offenses like I hear, anybody who looks should be able to see a pattern of how often I 'quit' matches, and hopefully there is some sort of steady pattern of how often it happens. Other games are able to detect these random shutoffs as disconnects but Halo 5 doesnt. Any luck with helping me would be greatly appreciated.
All DNFs are treated the same. If disconnects were exempt from bans, people would manipulate their networks to simulate disconnects to avoid punishment when leaving games. People would rip their ethernet cables, turn off their routers, or set up lag switches and could use such manipulations to leave games whenever they wanted. If your console is continuing to shut off and you don't know why, maybe you should consider seeing if you can get your console serviced, or at the very least contact Xbox support to see if they can help you identify the issue. For instance, one possibility I can think of off the top of my head is if your console is plugged in to a surge protector; I've heard that the power brick for the Xbox doesn't always play well with surge protectors and should be plugged directly into a wall.
Says i got banned for griefing my teammates
The following FAQ should answer some of your questions about Halo 5 bans. We will update this FAQ as necessary.

I received an in-game message saying I have been banned. Why?If you are checking this page because of an in-game message, it is likely that you have been banned for violating the terms of use and/or committing a code of conduct violation. It is also possible, in the case of an especially egregious violation, that your Xbox One system itself is now banned from Matchmaking. The duration of this ban is based on the type, frequency or nature of the committed violation. In most cases, Custom Games will still be available. In extreme cases, they will not.

How can I tell how long I was banned for?Ban duration will be shown on the red ban screen as the ban hammer strikes. First offences are generally low and last only a few minutes, but will increase in duration incrementally with each subsequent ban. The ban timer itself displays times as follows -
Days : Hours : Minutes : SecondsWhat types of actions can result in a ban?Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:
  • Modifying your Xbox One hardware or game software and services in any way.
  • Idling through games, habitual quitting/suiciding/betraying, or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
  • Impersonating a 343 Industries or Microsoft employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players.
Why was I banned for winning a match / quitting one match / quitting a custom game? *You weren't. The ban system runs at least 1 game behind so your ban will have been placed for a previous offence. After completing your next event, whether it is a matchmaking game, custom game, forge session, spectating a friend or viewing theatre, the system will then show you a message telling you that you have been banned. As it takes more than a single offence to earn a ban you will never be banned for leaving one match, it will be multiple offences that have led to a ban being placed on your account.

I shouldn't be banned. My brother/sister/cousin/dad/mom/friend must've logged on with my account and done bad things. Will you please reverse my ban?If this is indeed the case, we do understand your frustration. However, it is your sole responsibility to keep your account information secure and not share it with others who would abuse it. We have no way of detecting who is playing with your account, and if your gamertag is caught making naughty, you will be banned. Those are the rules.

I didn't do anything wrong, and you can't prove it. Will you please reverse my ban?Our automated system builds up a digital case of wrongdoing before any ban is enacted. If you accidentally disconnect a time or two, you won't get banned. Instead the system looks for patterns that can't happen accidentally. If the banhammer detects enough wrongdoing, you were doing wrong.

Will posting in this thread guarantee my ban will be lifted and that someone will respond personally to every post?Unfortunately, no. We simply don't have enough eyes, ears and typing hands to respond to every single post. However, the community will help keep you honest. You have a public game history for everyone to see. If you post you were banned unjustly, the community is in their rights to check out your history to confirm or deny your claims.Please, just keep it clean.

The purpose of this thread is to keep all questions pertaining to bans in one place. Without a megathread for such questions, the rest of the forum will almost certainly turn into a cavalcade of ban questions.

If you were banned and think you have a case, this is the ONLY thread you should post in. If other moderators see posts pertaining to bans in other threads, they will either be deleted outright or a kind-hearted mod might just move the posts to this thread.

If any users are caught habitually spamming ban threads in other threads, we will consider that a violation of the forum Terms of Use. You will risk being banned here as well. We don't want to have to ban anyone, but we do want an open, honest and positive place to post about all things Halo, so a thread like this is necessary.

Thanks in advance!

* [updated: 05/25/2016]
So here I am, playing a regular match of Halo 5 with my brother and his friend. Its the fiesta mode, and its the railgun and sword one. For a bit everything was going fine, i was doing all right using only the railgun, but then for no reason i just died. Disintegrated, we all laughed it off, and i respawned, so I moved about 20 feet, then the same thing happened once again, well now i was really confused, i wasnt out of bounds, people were literally fighting around the area. So I tried heading back into the fight once more just to die for no reason again... and of course I got booted. Then, a few minutes later, i got banned. Im not sure what was even causing it. It happened literally only like 5 minutes ago and im just so confused. Will this be on my permanant record? I dont even know what happened. I have a slightly wonky wifi connection but my brother who was in the same room as me wasnt having the same issue.
Dear lord I hope i put this thing in the right place...
Says i got banned for griefing my teammates
Did you grief your teammates because that may be why.
The following FAQ should answer some of your questions about Halo 5 bans. We will update this FAQ as necessary.

I received an in-game message saying I have been banned. Why?If you are checking this page because of an in-game message, it is likely that you have been banned for violating the terms of use and/or committing a code of conduct violation. It is also possible, in the case of an especially egregious violation, that your Xbox One system itself is now banned from Matchmaking. The duration of this ban is based on the type, frequency or nature of the committed violation. In most cases, Custom Games will still be available. In extreme cases, they will not.

How can I tell how long I was banned for?Ban duration will be shown on the red ban screen as the ban hammer strikes. First offences are generally low and last only a few minutes, but will increase in duration incrementally with each subsequent ban. The ban timer itself displays times as follows -
Days : Hours : Minutes : SecondsWhat types of actions can result in a ban?Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:
  • Modifying your Xbox One hardware or game software and services in any way.
  • Idling through games, habitual quitting/suiciding/betraying, or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
  • Impersonating a 343 Industries or Microsoft employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players.
Why was I banned for winning a match / quitting one match / quitting a custom game? *You weren't. The ban system runs at least 1 game behind so your ban will have been placed for a previous offence. After completing your next event, whether it is a matchmaking game, custom game, forge session, spectating a friend or viewing theatre, the system will then show you a message telling you that you have been banned. As it takes more than a single offence to earn a ban you will never be banned for leaving one match, it will be multiple offences that have led to a ban being placed on your account.

I shouldn't be banned. My brother/sister/cousin/dad/mom/friend must've logged on with my account and done bad things. Will you please reverse my ban?If this is indeed the case, we do understand your frustration. However, it is your sole responsibility to keep your account information secure and not share it with others who would abuse it. We have no way of detecting who is playing with your account, and if your gamertag is caught making naughty, you will be banned. Those are the rules.

I didn't do anything wrong, and you can't prove it. Will you please reverse my ban?Our automated system builds up a digital case of wrongdoing before any ban is enacted. If you accidentally disconnect a time or two, you won't get banned. Instead the system looks for patterns that can't happen accidentally. If the banhammer detects enough wrongdoing, you were doing wrong.

Will posting in this thread guarantee my ban will be lifted and that someone will respond personally to every post?Unfortunately, no. We simply don't have enough eyes, ears and typing hands to respond to every single post. However, the community will help keep you honest. You have a public game history for everyone to see. If you post you were banned unjustly, the community is in their rights to check out your history to confirm or deny your claims.Please, just keep it clean.

The purpose of this thread is to keep all questions pertaining to bans in one place. Without a megathread for such questions, the rest of the forum will almost certainly turn into a cavalcade of ban questions.

If you were banned and think you have a case, this is the ONLY thread you should post in. If other moderators see posts pertaining to bans in other threads, they will either be deleted outright or a kind-hearted mod might just move the posts to this thread.

If any users are caught habitually spamming ban threads in other threads, we will consider that a violation of the forum Terms of Use. You will risk being banned here as well. We don't want to have to ban anyone, but we do want an open, honest and positive place to post about all things Halo, so a thread like this is necessary.

Thanks in advance!

* [updated: 05/25/2016]
So here I am, playing a regular match of Halo 5 with my brother and his friend. Its the fiesta mode, and its the railgun and sword one. For a bit everything was going fine, i was doing all right using only the railgun, but then for no reason i just died. Disintegrated, we all laughed it off, and i respawned, so I moved about 20 feet, then the same thing happened once again, well now i was really confused, i wasnt out of bounds, people were literally fighting around the area. So I tried heading back into the fight once more just to die for no reason again... and of course I got booted. Then, a few minutes later, i got banned. Im not sure what was even causing it. It happened literally only like 5 minutes ago and im just so confused. Will this be on my permanant record? I dont even know what happened. I have a slightly wonky wifi connection but my brother who was in the same room as me wasnt having the same issue.
I have a clip of a teammate and I being -Yoink- through the wall at the start of a game; I don’t think it’s you.
Hi.

I've played WZF and I encountered with two people who aren't playing, one of them was only spamming meele [1] to avoid being kicked of the game and the other one was moving randomly [2] for the same purpose.

The GT's are:
[1] windaflame (I played with this one two games with the same behaviour)
[2] Ahhh Beees

The last two clips in my profile verify what I said.
Also, the last Screenshot shows that they didn't kill any enemy 'cause they were inactive.

Thanks.
Hi.

I've played WZF and I encountered with two people who aren't playing, one of them was only spamming meele [1] to avoid being kicked of the game and the other one was moving randomly [2] for the same purpose.

The GT's are:
[2] Ahhh Beees

Also, the last Screenshot shows that they didn't kill any enemy 'cause they were inactive.

Thanks.
You'll want to submit a ticket on the support site.

https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-usPosting it here doesn't do anything.
AshamanND wrote:
Hi.

The GT's are:
[2] Ahhh Beees

Thanks.
You'll want to submit a ticket on the support site.

https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-usPosting it here doesn't do anything.
Thanks bro.
Hello may an admin help me understand why the ban time is 30 days for a first time offence. At max i had 3 DNF games in the course of 5 days. Can it be reduced ill make every effort to dedicate to the match. In particular WZFF. I understand why bans are in ranked however WZFF is casual.
GT: HalfSaiyanBlood
Hello may an admin help me understand why the ban time is 30 days for a first time offence. At max i had 3 DNF games in the course of 5 days. Can it be reduced ill make every effort to dedicate to the match. In particular WZFF. I understand why bans are in ranked however WZFF is casual.
GT: HalfSaiyanBlood
This forum isn't for appealing bans, it's only for asking why you got banned. If you were banned for 30 days, it wasn't for DNFs.
Thank you for the response ZaedynFel where and may I post a screen shot on the appropriate form citing the in game text referring to DNF / game Idle as the reason for the ban.
Thank you for the response ZaedynFel where and may I post a screen shot on the appropriate form citing the in game text referring to DNF / game Idle as the reason for the ban.
You were banned for idling, not quitting games.
Hey guys just got a quick question about a 2 week ban of all of my accounts. As most of the players do i also use a smurf account here and there to hang out with friends on lower skill levels or if i‘m just too tired to play in 100% tryhard lobbies. The banhammer was saying something about ruin the game for others?!
If thats actually the case every single player on a higher level should get a banhammer, cause everyone smurfs sometimes. Thats why i think its a bit weird to get a 14 day ban on every single account including my main. This really makes me get off h5 completely in 2021. Whats the issue right here?
Hey guys just got a quick question about a 2 week ban of all of my accounts. As most of the players do i also use a smurf account here and there to hang out with friends on lower skill levels or if i‘m just too tired to play in 100% tryhard lobbies. The banhammer was saying something about ruin the game for others?!
If thats actually the case every single player on a higher level should get a banhammer, cause everyone smurfs sometimes. Thats why i think its a bit weird to get a 14 day ban on every single account including my main. This really makes me get off h5 completely in 2021. Whats the issue right here?
That sounds like you got a deranking ban. Having an alt is fine. Intentionally playing terrible to have a lower rank is not. Everyone who does that gets banned for 2, then 4, then 8, etc., weeks. Some have even been permabanned.

It ruins the game for all the players in the matches where you play poorly on purpose, and then ruins the game for the weaker players you dominate when you start playing for "real"

What you did is by far not the norm for players on alts, it's a much smaller group that we keep close tabs on.
I play Halo 5 with my friend online every night, but we have the same issue every night where we create a fire team, try to begin a game, and one of us is Unable To Join. By the time the one account is given the message, the other is already stuck loading/deploying into game. Rather than make the other wait 6-10 minutes, we often just immediately quit the game and retry. We don’t want to keep leaving games so we often find ourselves trying to play social games more than ranked playlists we enjoy for the purpose of not pissing off our teammates. We’ve gotten hit with bans for this, I guess rightfully so, but when we get booted from each other’s teams multiple times a night, our alternative is not playing the game together at all to avoid leaving games too much, when we practically bought the Series S and Series X to play Halo with friends during the pandemic. Any ideas on how to avoid this problem? Or is there nothing I can do to avoid being banned other to play out every single game we don’t get placed into correctly? Is the Unable to Join problem common for other fireteams?
I play Halo 5 with my friend online every night, but we have the same issue every night where we create a fire team, try to begin a game, and one of us is Unable To Join. By the time the one account is given the message, the other is already stuck loading/deploying into game. Rather than make the other wait 6-10 minutes, we often just immediately quit the game and retry. We don’t want to keep leaving games so we often find ourselves trying to play social games more than ranked playlists we enjoy for the purpose of not pissing off our teammates. We’ve gotten hit with bans for this, I guess rightfully so, but when we get booted from each other’s teams multiple times a night, our alternative is not playing the game together at all to avoid leaving games too much, when we practically bought the Series S and Series X to play Halo with friends during the pandemic. Any ideas on how to avoid this problem? Or is there nothing I can do to avoid being banned other to play out every single game we don’t get placed into correctly? Is the Unable to Join problem common for other fireteams?
troubleshoot your networks. If one of you has a bad NAT, it could make joining a Fireteam together difficult. Investigate to see what kind of issues could be preventing you from forming a Fireteam before you try and play together again.
Chimera30 wrote:
troubleshoot your networks. If one of you has a bad NAT, it could make joining a Fireteam together difficult. Investigate to see what kind of issues could be preventing you from forming a Fireteam before you try and play together again.
We’ve tried going through those steps for our networks, open NAT for all individuals. It’s odd, we see no rhyme or reason for who makes it into the fireteam, including for when my brother in my same household plays with us. I may make it in, but he won’t, or the third individual at another network won’t. My brother and I both use the Series X and the friend uses Series S. I feel like I’ve seen a few people on new-gen consoles mentioning this. Has there been any reporting of this issue or is this a seemingly isolated situation?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 307
  4. 308
  5. 309
  6. ...
  7. 310