1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 308
  4. 309
  5. 310
  6. ...
  7. 311
Chimera30 wrote:
I play Halo 5 with my friend online every night, but we have the same issue every night where we create a fire team, try to begin a game, and one of us is Unable To Join. By the time the one account is given the message, the other is already stuck loading/deploying into game. Rather than make the other wait 6-10 minutes, we often just immediately quit the game and retry. We don’t want to keep leaving games so we often find ourselves trying to play social games more than ranked playlists we enjoy for the purpose of not pissing off our teammates. We’ve gotten hit with bans for this, I guess rightfully so, but when we get booted from each other’s teams multiple times a night, our alternative is not playing the game together at all to avoid leaving games too much, when we practically bought the Series S and Series X to play Halo with friends during the pandemic. Any ideas on how to avoid this problem? Or is there nothing I can do to avoid being banned other to play out every single game we don’t get placed into correctly? Is the Unable to Join problem common for other fireteams?
troubleshoot your networks. If one of you has a bad NAT, it could make joining a Fireteam together difficult. Investigate to see what kind of issues could be preventing you from forming a Fireteam before you try and play together again.
We’ve tried going through those steps for our networks, open NAT for all individuals. It’s odd, we see no rhyme or reason for who makes it into the fireteam, including for when my brother in my same household plays with us. I may make it in, but he won’t, or the third individual at another network won’t. My brother and I both use the Series X and the friend uses Series S. I feel like I’ve seen a few people on new-gen consoles mentioning this. Has there been any reporting of this issue or is this a seemingly isolated situation?
Definitely an issue with Series X. Happens to my group often. Best bet is to hard reset the box each time you boot up Halo, that should minimize the issues. It may stem (at least partially) from the quick resume feature.
Why did I get banned I was just playing roaming king
I quit 2 games in ranked slayer and 2 social slayer over the last week. The the ban was for 10 mins and this time I’m banned for 30. Why did I quit you ask? In the ranked game I had 2-3 quitters, so once it 1 v 4 with some very good players and the other 2v4 and a lot of game time left and they were just toying with us/me. In social slayer I had games with 2 players not quitting but not playing either. So I left. That’s why im banned now. I only get a limited to
a day to play this game and I’d rather not waste it on games like that. Your system should be able understand that and not ban players in those situations.
GOATDatty wrote:
I quit 2 games in ranked slayer and 2 social slayer over the last week. The the ban was for 10 mins and this time I’m banned for 30. Why did I quit you ask? In the ranked game I had 2-3 quitters, so once it 1 v 4 with some very good players and the other 2v4 and a lot of game time left and they were just toying with us/me. In social slayer I had games with 2 players not quitting but not playing either. So I left. That’s why im banned now. I only get a limited to
a day to play this game and I’d rather not waste it on games like that. Your system should be able understand that and not ban players in those situations.
You don’t get punished for quitting in ranked after someone on your team already quit.

For the social games, that’s on you, the idle players will get booted / banned eventually if they do it enough, you quitting just adds to the problem.
IGRS wrote:
GOATDatty wrote:
You don’t get punished for quitting in ranked after someone on your team already quit.

For the social games, that’s on you, the idle players will get booted / banned eventually if they do it enough, you quitting just adds to the problem.
Yes, idle players get booted and then they are backfilled so the match can go on fine.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Hello, why is KennyEatsMango banned for 2 weeks? Please and thanks.
May a 343 staff member please explain my recent ban of 90 days, all I'm doing is playing warzone fire fight, I have never been kicked out for being idle in the past 40 games i checked my game history on halo waypoint. I also check the past 400 games and i had 5 games were i was kicked for idle so 1.25 % of idle games in a set of 400. some of which i had to attend brief real life matters. also if found not guilty how may the ban be revoked?
May a 343 staff member please explain my recent ban of 90 days, all I'm doing is playing warzone fire fight, I have never been kicked out for being idle in the past 40 games i checked my game history on halo waypoint. I also check the past 400 games and i had 5 games were i was kicked for idle so 1.25 % of idle games in a set of 400. some of which i had to attend brief real life matters. also if found not guilty how may the ban be revoked?
Idle kicking isn't the only way you get banned. The system flags a number of behaviors.
Looks like you posted in January about a 30 day ban.

And now you've received a 90 day ban.

I don't know what you're doing or what they are seeing, but I would guess it's because they detected the same behavior as before, and they escalated the ban.
ZaedynFel wrote:
Idle kicking isn't the only way you get banned. The system flags a number of behaviors.
Yes but the notification when I open h5 says banned for idling when I wasn't so? I'm really passionate about halo and want to play I have learnt from my passed 30 day ban a vowed not to behave poorly how can this be?
ZaedynFel wrote:
Yes but the notification when I open h5 says banned for idling when I wasn't so? I'm really passionate about halo and want to play I have learnt from my passed 30 day ban a vowed not to behave poorly how can this be?
It means that was the closest of the canned messages available to why you were banned. Likely means you were clearly AFK despite still taking in-game actions.
How long is the ban for just killing three teammates?
should be
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
It means that was the closest of the canned messages available to why you were banned. Likely means you were clearly AFK despite still taking in-game actions.
no evidence but banned anyway cool. seems un fair i guess ill have to film myself in front of the screen and also film my controller now and get in the top 4 score placing just to play the game again. Why aren't bronze or silver or gold players banned from ruining the game by having kds below 0.5 despite still taking in-game actions?
should be
ZaedynFel wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
no evidence but banned anyway cool. seems un fair i guess ill have to film myself in front of the screen and also film my controller now and get in the top 4 score placing just to play the game again. Why aren't bronze or silver or gold players banned from ruining the game by having kds below 0.5 despite still taking in-game actions?
Had nothing to do with your KD. Enforcement pulled your replays and there wasn't any doubt.
I don't understand why I was banned. After reading the frequently asked questions it said that people would not unjustly be banned that they had to do something on purpose however the last three games I played my Halo 5 multiplayer game cutout and said that there was a problem with the server and that it was disconnected from my Wi-Fi. Since this is beyond my control and I have never had this problem before what can I do about this in the future if this happens again?
I don't understand why I was banned. After reading the frequently asked questions it said that people would not unjustly be banned that they had to do something on purpose however the last three games I played my Halo 5 multiplayer game cutout and said that there was a problem with the server and that it was disconnected from my Wi-Fi. Since this is beyond my control and I have never had this problem before what can I do about this in the future if this happens again?
You’ve got to figure out what’s causing the disconnects..read the forum to find people with similar issues and submit a support ticket if needed. If it disconnected from WiFi that does sound like your problem right there...
Just got Starlink and it's a game changer for rural internet users... buuut it frequently has very short interruptions or even disconnects that are not playing nicely with halo's servers and ban hammer. Got my first 5 min ban the other day, then a 10 min ban later the same day, and today its up to 50min. Looking online the bans just keep accumulating in length up to 100+ days? I get that I'm accruing several DNFs per play session and that affects the enjoyment of the game by others, but I really REALLY enjoy the game and don't want to be forced to not play. Is there really nothing I can do but cross my fingers every time I load into matchmaking?
Just got Starlink and it's a game changer for rural internet users... buuut it frequently has very short interruptions or even disconnects that are not playing nicely with halo's servers and ban hammer. Got my first 5 min ban the other day, then a 10 min ban later the same day, and today its up to 50min. Looking online the bans just keep accumulating in length up to 100+ days? I get that I'm accruing several DNFs per play session and that affects the enjoyment of the game by others, but I really REALLY enjoy the game and don't want to be forced to not play. Is there really nothing I can do but cross my fingers every time I load into matchmaking?
Congrats on the new internet!

I'd like to find your source for that 100+ days, because that's not how I understand the system currently works.
AshamanND wrote:
Congrats on the new internet!

I'd like to find your source for that 100+ days, because that's not how I understand the system currently works.
Random google search, that sounded absurd to me too. But even a multi day ban seems pretty unreasonable to me. Any idea where the hammer tops out at?

My 3mbps down / 1 upload ISP never had these issues :(
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 308
  4. 309
  5. 310
  6. ...
  7. 311