OP EvaWulf

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 309
  4. 310
  5. ...
  6. 311
AshamanND wrote:
Just got Starlink and it's a game changer for rural internet users... buuut it frequently has very short interruptions or even disconnects that are not playing nicely with halo's servers and ban hammer. Got my first 5 min ban the other day, then a 10 min ban later the same day, and today its up to 50min. Looking online the bans just keep accumulating in length up to 100+ days? I get that I'm accruing several DNFs per play session and that affects the enjoyment of the game by others, but I really REALLY enjoy the game and don't want to be forced to not play. Is there really nothing I can do but cross my fingers every time I load into matchmaking?
Congrats on the new internet!

I'd like to find your source for that 100+ days, because that's not how I understand the system currently works.
Random google search, that sounded absurd to me too. But even a multi day ban seems pretty unreasonable to me. Any idea where the hammer tops out at?

My 3mbps down / 1 upload ISP never had these issues :(
unfortunately, the first post of this thread isn't as detailed as the MCC one, so I'm not sure where it caps out. but I doubt it's 100 days.
And I'm also sure there is a reset on the the period of time the auto bans look at.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Just got Starlink and it's a game changer for rural internet users... buuut it frequently has very short interruptions or even disconnects that are not playing nicely with halo's servers and ban hammer. Got my first 5 min ban the other day, then a 10 min ban later the same day, and today its up to 50min. Looking online the bans just keep accumulating in length up to 100+ days? I get that I'm accruing several DNFs per play session and that affects the enjoyment of the game by others, but I really REALLY enjoy the game and don't want to be forced to not play. Is there really nothing I can do but cross my fingers every time I load into matchmaking?
Congrats on the new internet!

I'd like to find your source for that 100+ days, because that's not how I understand the system currently works.
Random google search, that sounded absurd to me too. But even a multi day ban seems pretty unreasonable to me. Any idea where the hammer tops out at?

My 3mbps down / 1 upload ISP never had these issues :(
unfortunately, the first post of this thread isn't as detailed as the MCC one, so I'm not sure where it caps out. but I doubt it's 100 days.
And I'm also sure there is a reset on the the period of time the auto bans look at.
Thanks. Hopefully Elon can get more satellites in the sky ASAP and this will all be a non-issue in the near future :)

This post has been hidden.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Got banned twice tonight. Halo servers are having issues and has kicked me to the main screen a few times now. My internet is fine running plus 250 megabytes per second. Got out of jail booted the next match and immediately banned again. This is BS i just want to enjoy playing halo tonight but deal with this crap
I am banhammered with no time limit. I went to my Home Screen and it played another one I guess and I wasn’t active. When can I play??
I am banhammered with no time limit. I went to my Home Screen and it played another one I guess and I wasn’t active. When can I play??
I'd suggest you check again - there should be a time associated with any ban.
Got banned for repeatedly dying due to a pitfall in a husky raid map. I was actively participating in the match and did not die on purpose. Banned from arena for 27 days. I haven't played halo 5 but a few times a month and not sure why whatever previous bans (probably for similar accidents or internet related lost connections) would stack over such a long time. Why would I continue to play your game if I mess up once every month or so and get banned for a month?

Looks like it was lifted. Thank you if anyone did this manually for me. Much appreciated and happy to keep playing Arena.
Servers are not letting me connect, or I start a game and it disconnects. I've had "ban hammer" strike multiple times tonight, and it's BS. My service is high speed and never gives me issues. I'd like this lifted please and reset so next time it's not like 3 days or something. Thx
JMTMACHINE wrote:
Servers are not letting me connect, or I start a game and it disconnects. I've had "ban hammer" strike multiple times tonight, and it's BS. My service is high speed and never gives me issues. I'd like this lifted please and reset so next time it's not like 3 days or something. Thx
It doesn't seem like this account has played Halo 5
I’m having issues with connections and it said I’ve been banned for 40 minutes. I think it is regarding the servers because I have good connection. Just putting this here for reference and hoping it doesn’t happen again
Update
I’ve been having the same issues where I was disconnected from a game and have received a ban. If there’s any moderators out there can you please take note of this? I have strong connection and there shouldn’t be a reason I was ban.
No one cares about 343 stupid ban policies. If the game play was consistent due to locale and dedicated server connection like in COD people would not quit.

I've played halo almost 20 years and seriously if you don't want people to rage quit compensate their inability to connect to a closer dedicated server. Anyone who knows anything about network programming knows that distance and proximity makes a big difference. For goodness sake expand the persons kill box if they have a below average ping time. This never happens in COD but always happens in Halo. Either it is crappy programming, or inability to horizontally scale gameplay.

Oh and while we are on the topic of poor gameplay people jump and crouch-stand-crouch to increase the kill box rectangle this needs to be disabled, it is an inherent bug that people are taking advantage of and really makes other players disgrutled.

Overall banning people will just they do not purchase the next generation of halo. Your loss not theirs. There are plently of shooters out there. So respect the customer and listen to your programmers. Don't be driven by marketing deadlines and bro culture deliverables.

Understood?
No one cares about 343 stupid ban policies. If the game play was consistent due to locale and dedicated server connection like in COD people would not quit.

I've played halo almost 20 years and seriously if you don't want people to rage quit compensate their inability to connect to a closer dedicated server. Anyone who knows anything about network programming knows that distance and proximity makes a big difference. For goodness sake expand the persons kill box if they have a below average ping time. This never happens in COD but always happens in Halo. Either it is crappy programming, or inability to horizontally scale gameplay.

Oh and while we are on the topic of poor gameplay people jump and crouch-stand-crouch to increase the kill box rectangle this needs to be disabled, it is an inherent bug that people are taking advantage of and really makes other players disgrutled.

Overall banning people will just they do not purchase the next generation of halo. Your loss not theirs. There are plently of shooters out there. So respect the customer and listen to your programmers. Don't be driven by marketing deadlines and bro culture deliverables.

Understood?
You rage quit 41 times in the month of May, it may be time for a different hobby or some meditation or medication.

Understood?
You rage quit 41 times in the month of May, it may be time for a different hobby or some meditation or medication.
Actually 40 times in the month of May. Must have hit a nerve to get you to write such a judgemental reply. Just -Yoink- connection infrastructure and testing. Maybe therapy would work for you as well to deal with your ability to act so agreesively towards feedback. This is a forum for feedback, writing helps for folks to make better products. You should try it and write more than a sentence......if you can ;) LOL

Understood?
Actually 40 times in the month of May. Must have hit a nerve to get you to write such a judgemental reply. Just -Yoink- connection infrastructure and testing. Maybe therapy would work for you as well to deal with your ability to act so agreesively towards feedback. This is a forum for feedback, writing helps for folks to make better products. You should try it and write more than a sentence......if you can ;) LOL
Exactly, it’s a forum for feedback — “No one cares about 343 stupid ban policies.” isn’t feedback. That statement is obviously incorrect and condescending. First of all, comparing Halo to COD makes no sense. H5 plays smaller (8 people per game usually) so a quit has a much bigger impact. Second, it’s an almost 6 year old game so the population is tiny.

Quitting is not a big issue in the game for most. Everyone quits or gets dropped occasionally. A very small subset of the population habitually quits.

Understood?
I could have written a paragraph on the subject of your dnf "connection" problems and how it only appears to happen when you have a negative k/d in the game. Instead I simply alluded to your rage quitting and left it at that.
I cant log in the game, and the message doesn’t say how much time i got banned, well i think i was ban
Alright guys, I quit a single game. One game and I got banned tonight for 2+ days. Can you please check this and see if it’s correct? I love this game and don’t do anything wrong. GT: GardenSoup
AFK for my kids to give me hugs for fathers day after playing 75% of the match and got banned.... WTF..... much as I enjoy a ban system...wtf.

(Realized I quit ONE single game last night.... seriously... 2 quits, one not actually a quit, over two days and thats a "pattern"?)

Edit.... BTW, how about a clearer idea of how long and why we got banned posted on the MP screen?
I came back to the "Are you there John" screen and didn't see anything about being banned until I tried to get into another match.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 309
  4. 310
  5. ...
  6. 311