4. 63
  5. 64
  6. 65
  7. 66
  8. ...
  9. 313
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:
Hi. I'm writing this because I've been banned for 9 hours for quitting a SWAT match where the other team was spawn killing, it's not the fist time I've been banned. This chain of bans started on Friday, at my friends house, (I was there mainly to download Halo 5, which I bought a few days prior to Friday, because my internet was slow and it wouldn't download at my house. So that was the first time I played the game) there I left 3 times due to the fact that every time we started playing they wanted to do something else or we wanted to eat, etc, that got me banned for 19:50'ish minutes. After that I got banned again on Sunday for 3 hours for just leaving one game (I'll admit it, I raged quit) and then on Monday (yesterday) for 5 hours because of something urgent I had to do. Now, like I mentioned before, I'm banned for 9 hours because I didn't want to stay in that crappy lobby. Is there any way I can get my ban lifted?

PS: Please, 343, stop trying to get everyone to be "MLG" on Halo 5, it just takes the fun out of it.
one you admitted to quitting and two i counted 9 DNFs already for someone who just got the game. in under 70 games. whether the time you are banned for is reasonable or not the ban is next time dont quit
First off, before commenting get your facts straight, I have 7 "DNF" in Arena, 3 of which where when I was at my friend's house and I wouldn't count those as intentional, so that means I technically have 4 quits in 5 days: second, people just need help on this thread, not your bull -Yoink-.
Warzone also counts for arena band no matter how much you think it doesn't. I did get my facts straight. Also intentional or not it's still a quit so technically you still have 9. You just need to accept the facts your a quitter and can't complaint in truth. Like how are you going to use "I was at a friends house so those i don't count" well I've had friends come over and play and we don't quit lol

Also unless I'm getting dates mixed up you have quit three more times since you got banned so still

enjoy your ban I was trying to help I even said the time might not be reasonable but your ban was.
Telling people they quit is not helping. Arena and Warzone are two different things; you can get banned in Arena, but you won't get banned in Warzone. This has been confirmed by multiple people I've asked to, people with enough experience on this game to know if it's correct or not. This means that, no, the quits I have in Warzone are in no way linked to my ban. The ban I received at my friend's house was justified, it was either I get AFK or I leave and, in my opinion, going AFK is much worse than quitting. Also, whether I leave a game or not, it's my choice. I paid for a license to a game to have fun, not to have some stupid computer tell me when I can or can't play. I can have a 10 min ban, but it's just ridiculous to get a 9 hour ban just because I quit a game.

PS: It's true what people say about you in this thread... get a life, bro.
Lost connection during a infection game and got the banhammer. I did not deliberately leave the game yet I get punished. This is very frustrating.
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:
Hi. I'm writing this because I've been banned for 9 hours for quitting a SWAT match where the other team was spawn killing, it's not the fist time I've been banned. This chain of bans started on Friday, at my friends house, (I was there mainly to download Halo 5, which I bought a few days prior to Friday, because my internet was slow and it wouldn't download at my house. So that was the first time I played the game) there I left 3 times due to the fact that every time we started playing they wanted to do something else or we wanted to eat, etc, that got me banned for 19:50'ish minutes. After that I got banned again on Sunday for 3 hours for just leaving one game (I'll admit it, I raged quit) and then on Monday (yesterday) for 5 hours because of something urgent I had to do. Now, like I mentioned before, I'm banned for 9 hours because I didn't want to stay in that crappy lobby. Is there any way I can get my ban lifted?

PS: Please, 343, stop trying to get everyone to be "MLG" on Halo 5, it just takes the fun out of it.
one you admitted to quitting and two i counted 9 DNFs already for someone who just got the game. in under 70 games. whether the time you are banned for is reasonable or not the ban is next time dont quit
First off, before commenting get your facts straight, I have 7 "DNF" in Arena, 3 of which where when I was at my friend's house and I wouldn't count those as intentional, so that means I technically have 4 quits in 5 days: second, people just need help on this thread, not your bull -Yoink-.
Warzone also counts for arena band no matter how much you think it doesn't. I did get my facts straight. Also intentional or not it's still a quit so technically you still have 9. You just need to accept the facts your a quitter and can't complaint in truth. Like how are you going to use "I was at a friends house so those i don't count" well I've had friends come over and play and we don't quit lol

Also unless I'm getting dates mixed up you have quit three more times since you got banned so still

enjoy your ban I was trying to help I even said the time might not be reasonable but your ban was.
Telling people they quit is not helping. Arena and Warzone are two different things; you can get banned in Arena, but you won't get banned in Warzone. This has been confirmed by multiple people I've asked to, people with enough experience on this game to know if it's correct or not. This means that, no, the quits I have in Warzone are in no way linked to my ban. The ban I received at my friend's house was justified, it was either I get AFK or I leave and, in my opinion, going AFK is much worse than quitting. Also, whether I leave a game or not, it's my choice. I paid for a license to a game to have fun, not to have some stupid computer tell me when I can or can't play. I can have a 10 min ban, but it's just ridiculous to get a 9 hour ban just because I quit a game.

I think it's likely they've changed the system for the banhammer if it separete arena and warzone, as far as I'm concerned players got banned from both before. I haven't seen anyone up until recently saying they got banned from one but not the other.

The stories circling around here are getting more and more distressful. I've looked through a couple of player stating they've quit very little, or not disconnected at all. Quite a few turns out to be true. Something at some point has changed with the hammer, perhaps. Thing is that there was a workaroubd before, and that was using an alternative account to play. Seeing as you can share gold it's no problem making a secpndary accout to play with if your main is banned. Perhaps it was changed to register whatever it register from the xbox instead of the account.

Example, if you have an account quitting a lot and getting banned, it could be affecting all other accounts on the xbox as well, decreasing their threshold for having DNF games.

That's one possibility.

We don't even know if the timer reset, or decrease, I haven't seen anyone say they've experienced a time decrease, neither have I seen i343 comment on it.
Next to the apparently trigger happy banhammer, the worst thing is the lack of communication on the banhammer from i343. What about the issues that have been talked about here?

Spawning outside the map and suicide to the point of getting banned. This apparently happened at the introduction of grifball. People having had this issue should get something in return along with a banhammer reset.

Now we have solo players experiencing fire team changes and being booted. Something I never experienced while I still played, it cropped up after. Has that been adressed at all?

Now I do support the use of the banhammer, however I'd lile to see a change in what it does. Rather than prevent players from playing they should match up. The big "however" I have with the hammer though is that it seems to become more and more paranoid.
EvaWulf wrote:
The following FAQ should answer some of your questions about Halo 5 bans. We will update this FAQ as necessary.

I received an in-game message saying I have been banned. Why?
If you are checking this page because of an in-game message, it is likely that you have been banned for violating the terms of use and/or committing a code of conduct violation. It is also possible, in the case of an especially egregious violation, that your Xbox One system itself is now banned from Matchmaking. The duration of this ban is based on the type, frequency or nature of the committed violation. In most cases, Custom Games will still be available. In extreme cases, they will not.

How can I tell how long I was banned for?
Ban duration will be shown on the red ban screen as the ban hammer strikes. First offences are generally low and last only a few minutes, but will increase in duration incrementally with each subsequent ban. The ban timer itself displays times as follows - Days : Hours : Minutes : Seconds

What types of actions can result in a ban?
Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:
  • Modifying your Xbox One hardware or game software and services in any way.
  • Idling through games, habitual quitting/suiciding/betraying, or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
  • Impersonating a 343 Industries or Microsoft employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players.
I shouldn't be banned. My brother/sister/cousin/dad/mom/friend must've logged on with my account and done bad things. Will you please reverse my ban?
If this is indeed the case, we do understand your frustration. However, it is your sole responsibility to keep your account information secure and not share it with others who would abuse it. We have no way of detecting who is playing with your account, and if your gamertag is caught making naughty, you will be banned. Those are the rules.

I didn't do anything wrong, and you can't prove it. Will you please reverse my ban?
Our automated system builds up a digital case of wrongdoing before any ban is enacted. If you accidentally disconnect a time or two, you won't get banned. Instead the system looks for patterns that can't happen accidentally. If the banhammer detects enough wrongdoing, you were doing wrong.

Will posting in this thread guarantee my ban will be lifted and that someone will respond personally to every post?
Unfortunately, no. We simply don't have enough eyes, ears and typing hands to respond to every single post. However, the community will help keep you honest. You have a public game history for everyone to see. If you post you were banned unjustly, the community is in their rights to check out your history to confirm or deny your claims.Please, just keep it clean.

The purpose of this thread is to keep all questions pertaining to bans in one place. Without a megathread for such questions, the rest of the forum will almost certainly turn into a cavalcade of ban questions.

If you were banned and think you have a case, this is the ONLY thread you should post in. If other moderators see posts pertaining to bans in other threads, they will either be deleted outright or a kind-hearted mod might just move the posts to this thread.

If any users are caught habitually spamming ban threads in other threads, we will consider that a violation of the forum Terms of Use. You will risk being banned here as well. We don't want to have to ban anyone, but we do want an open, honest and positive place to post about all things Halo, so a thread like this is necessary.

Thanks in advance!
you guys are ridiculous the server with serious problems and you guys assume the right to punish people.
agreeing the first server bunch of slackers voces of 343
Yeah so about febuary I think it was. The servers were acting up like crazy (there was an xbox live service alert) which resulted in quite a few disconnects in the middle of matches. These disconnects resulted in 3-4 bans within the same day . Started off at 10 minutes, then 20, then half an hour. For the third one , I didn't even disconnect, I simply joined my friends fireteam at the end of the game after req were awarded and I got a ban! Since then, whenever I disconnect or get a boot from 3 accidental betrays in griffball (honestly I have stopped playing griffball because of this as it happens surprisingly often ) I get a ban! I have probably left two or three games intentionally since I bought the game on DAY 1 and that was because the game was lagging too hard and I didn't want to wreck my already struggling KD. I don't like leaving games mid play, it's not fair on the your team or on anyone else playing, it isn't fun. But for whatever reason I get lagged out of a lot of games and I even reconsider playing with my friends because joining their fireteams seems to result in a ban for me. I have purposefully taken a break from playing Halo often in hopes that this banning system might reset , or at the very least if I play enough games with whole matches complete that it wont disconnect and wont result in a DNF and a ban. I'm getting tired of this, the first time I got banned it was because of the servers, the game started and then bokm I'm on title screen with a 10 minute ban. I played last night, lagged out during a game and aparrently that's fine because I could still matchmake (I checked). Then I get banned after joining my friend. BETTER YET!! Sometimes your banning system bans MID GAME even when I didn't do anything which again resulted in a DNF on my games history! This is putting me off Halo, because with every update I get excited to play and every time I'm met with this same issue. The banning system is broken. It needs to have a system where it resets each month (or season as is said in game) so that at least we know that if our situation is screed now , at least next month will be better. It will deter trolls because they will have to wait a whole month or till the end of the season. It wont be worth it will it?
Until then id like to request that whatever it is that sorts out the banson my account gets reset.
You said if the banning system says you did wrong, then you did wrong and I appreciate your confidence in the system you have in place, but I know I didn do "wrong". I'm just trying to play the game and it seems that your system is doing its very best to prevent that from happening enjoyably. >:(
Naqser wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:

Spawning outside the map and suicide to the point of getting banned. This apparently happened at the introduction of grifball. People having had this issue should get something in return along with a banhammer reset.

Now we have solo players experiencing fire team changes and being booted. Something I never experienced while I still played, it cropped up after. Has that been adressed at all?

Now I do support the use of the banhammer, however I'd lile to see a change in what it does. Rather than prevent players from playing they should match up. The big "however" I have with the hammer though is that it seems to become more and more paranoid.
That's a good idea about having them match up. And I wish they would communicate about every rule and facet of this banhammer they've laid on everyone who bought Halo 5 but they never do. However, the easiest fix for 343 that would require VERY little work and changes, would to just have the ban history RESET after every day or every week or every month. Just give everyone some kind of reset. Because let's be honest. Someone quitting, let's say hypothetically, 12 games a year for two years out of 1000 games is NOT A BAD THING. That is normal. But now, thanks to the banhammer (which 343 supports like there is nothing wrong with it) this person has "quit" 24 games in two years and.... well, hey, you're welcome man, you quit too many games and have a several day game ban after every "quit" after that 15th quit for the rest of the time you play halo 5.

Everyone has a reason that they start a game and it takes too long for them to finish or they have internet connection issues. Having no reset is just the ABSOLUTE stupidest thing.
I was banned for getting disconnected from the halo 5 guardians servers. I mean it was my first time getting banned so it was only for like 10 minutes but still I have been seeing all these threads saying, "I got banned for getting disconnected from the server", and all of that but the banning system is indeed broken hopefully you fix it so we all can come back have fun playing halo again. Thank you.
I got banned five times in a row because the servers are garbage; why wasn't that included?
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:

what the few salty ppl here who are pissed cause im telling them they are wrong? after they tried bashing me? when before i was simply helping. so two and now your third opinion doesn't matter. and i laugh at ppl like you saying get a life cause if only you knew what i do outside of halo. it is prob something you wont ever come close to achieving or doing. so the little amount of time i have to play halo i would like my experience to not be ruined by ppl like you and your two other friends earlier in the thread.
and yes just cause you pay for a game you agree to a TOA and there are warnings about quitting. so yea its your choice but you know full well the consequences of doing it. sounds stubborn.
I keep randomly getting 10 minute bans because at the very end of some games the game says I have lost connection but I haven't. I have a recorded clip of it happening, and it gets really frustrating as the amount of time I am banned for keeps incrasing by a minute or so every time it happens to me. I don't understand why this keeps happening, but its definetly on your end.

If you could try to fix this it would be appreciated, thanks.
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:

what the few salty ppl here who are pissed cause im telling them they are wrong? after they tried bashing me? when before i was simply helping. so two and now your third opinion doesn't matter. and i laugh at ppl like you saying get a life cause if only you knew what i do outside of halo. it is prob something you wont ever come close to achieving or doing. so the little amount of time i have to play halo i would like my experience to not be ruined by ppl like you and your two other friends earlier in the thread.
and yes just cause you pay for a game you agree to a TOA and there are warnings about quitting. so yea its your choice but you know full well the consequences of doing it. sounds stubborn.
Nobody. Wants. Your. Advice. They. Want. An. Admin. To. Answer. Their. Complaints.

Bye Felicia.
MadSciMeg wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:

Nobody. Wants. Your. Advice. They. Want. An. Admin. To. Answer. Their. Complaints.

Bye Felicia.
and if admin had time they would say the same thing. if you havent noticed these are the responses ppl always get no matter who its from lmao

1) you have numerous DNF
2) 343 wont lift a ban
3) stop quitting, fix your internet

also if you havent noticed 99% of the time ppl complaining about being banned usually show they earned it. ive only seen a handful of players who truly had head scratching bans.

ignorance is bliss which you clearly show. thinking you are going to get a different answer from someone else. the only reason you feel that way is because you dont like the answers im giving yet if i had monitor next to me name you would I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking. and move on with it. (which thats how it goes, someone claims banned poorly, poull service history see DNFs tell them they have DNFs and move on. there isnt anything else to do other then that.) hell one guy even admits he was leaving games just cause he was at a friends house and thinks his ban was unjustified still.
Kihn x ju wrote:
dfd
Kihn x ju wrote:
MadSciMeg wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:

after they tried bashing me? when before i was simply helping. so two and now your third opinion doesn't matter. and i laugh at ppl like you saying get a life cause if only you knew what i do outside of halo. it is prob something you wont ever come close to achieving or doing. so the little amount of time i have to play halo i would like my experience to not be ruined by ppl like you and your two other friends earlier in the thread.

Bye Felicia.
and if admin had time they would say the same thing. if you havent noticed these are the responses ppl always get no matter who its from lmao

1) you have numerous DNF
2) 343 wont lift a ban
3) stop quitting, fix your internet

also if you havent noticed 99% of the time ppl complaining about being banned usually show they earned it. ive only seen a handful of players who truly had head scratching bans.

ignorance is bliss which you clearly show. thinking you are going to get a different answer from someone else. the only reason you feel that way is because you dont like the answers im giving yet if i had monitor next to me name you would I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking. and move on with it. (which thats how it goes, someone claims banned poorly, poull service history see DNFs tell them they have DNFs and move on. there isnt anything else to do other then that.) hell one guy even admits he was leaving games just cause he was at a friends house and thinks his ban was unjustified still.
"If your aunt had balls, she woulda been your uncle."
There is no "monitor" next to your name and even if there were, I wouldn't give a rat's behind about what you're saying... Because I don't listen to people who wax eloquent about "ALL the things they have accomplished" and "I'm better than just about anyone else because of everything I have accomplished," and yet this person can't spell all the words in a single sentence correctly or at least make coherent sentences.

People quit. People have lives outside of the game. The matchmaking games sometimes take WAY longer than normal and people can't stay. People get disconnected from servers due to poor connection or poor Halo servers. It happens. And here is the main thing.... EVERYONE has the right to choose to not finish a game. If I am paying you 60$ and 5 million other people are also paying 60$ for a game and you are making billions of dollars on a game.... then HEY, guess what. I have the right to quit. I have an exam. I have to go to work on short notice. My house is burning down. My newborn is screaming to be fed. My new puppy just pissed on the carpet. My grandma from 5 hours away just surprised me by showing up at my door.... I have the right to quit. If you give me NO CHOICE other than to play and I can't even go AFK for a couple minutes to deal with something OR quit.... Then there is a serious issue. There are other ways to punish people for being a-holes than to take away EVERYONE's ability to play a game they paid alot of money for. You can't punish everyone so harshly because you'll kill your own product.

And if I quit, let's say 20 games out of 1000 and now I'm at a 3 day ban because it doesn't reset.... That is legitimately messed up. 20 games is not that many when you consider the thousands of games many people play and yet they are getting banned for days at a time. The system is messed up. Let people complain.

I don't have any issue with what you are saying. I have no complaints other than to stick up for the overabundance of people who don't deserve bans that last days at a time. Get out of here with your "better and more righteous than thou" attitude. People don't listen to people like you. You don't want people to ruin "the few times you have to play the game", well hey... easy solution... don't pick up your tablet, computer or phone... don't open up your web browser.... don't type in "halo waypoint".... don't click on this thread.... and don't read what people are saying.... Problem solved. You can get back to your horribly busy/accomplished life and rare instances of being able to play your video games, you can continue adding on to the 2000 games and 11 DAYS of gaming you have already contributed to the newest Halo game... and no one will ruin it for you.
I actually think they've done some tinkering with the ban hammer.

I play grifball. Betrayals happen. That said, a couple of weeks ago I had worked up to a 24 hr ban. Went back to playing Grifball and the next time I got booted it was 10 minute ban of which 8 had been burned by the catchup game so really only 1.5 minutes. Then the next one was 30 minutes. Then 2hrs....anyway the point I'm trying to get to is after the drop of MOR I Played more Grifball got booted during overtime on the map bloodsport with freaking 30something seconds left....no ban! So. Maybe. Just maybe some ban tinkering has been done.

Crossing fingers as Grifball is my favorite game type. Has been since Reach (over 2000 games👍)
Is there a bug with the ban algorithm ? I just got banned without doing anything wrong... good work 343i.
Alkuzaar wrote:
Is there a bug with the ban algorithm ? I just got banned without doing anything wrong... good work 343i.
You had a DNF where you either quit or were disconnected. The ban for quitting has a lag time of 1-3 games that you are able to start and finish after the game that you quit before the ban kicks in.
Have no idea why was I banned for 5 hours....
Because you have DNF's. They add up unfortunately.
I just got a 47 minute ban after being disconnected at the end of a match. I come to this thread only to find 343's incredibly patronising response to the idea of being banned for no reason. So not only am I not allowed to to use a service I paid for, I basically get told off when I try t appeal the ban.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 62
  4. 63
  5. 64
  6. 65
  7. 66
  8. ...
  9. 313