4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 307
naor 720 wrote:
AsGryffynn wrote:
CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THE F****** QUESTION AND SAY HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR THEM TO RESET?!
As. Long as you play a few rounds of slayer in between you won't get banned
but if you just wait it won't reset
Doesn't answer my question but since odds are that's more than what 343 will feed us, I'll thank you for trying to answer...
I had to run to the restroom and when I came back I was sitting at the menus banned for like 15 minutes or something. The game was still going on- a friend in my party was still playing and didn't realize I was booted. Seems a bit harsh for just a couple minutes of idle time.
Server Timed out 2 times last week - Banned for 40 minutes
Server timed out 2 days later - Banned for 8 hours
Server timed out this evening twice - Banned for 2 days.

I understand why this is in place, but punishing players for server issues is messed up. I'm for sure returning the game, because as much as I think this is the best multiplayer yet, the banning system in place has too many problems and it unfairly punishes players.
The following FAQ should answer some of your questions about Halo 5 bans. We will update this FAQ as necessary.

I received an in-game message saying I have been banned. Why?

If you are checking this page because of an in-game message, it is likely that you have been banned for violating the terms of use and/or committing a code of conduct violation. It is also possible, in the case of an especially egregious violation, that your Xbox One system itself is now banned from Matchmaking. The duration of this ban is based on the type, frequency or nature of the committed violation. In most cases, Custom Games will still be available. In extreme cases, they will not.

What types of actions can result in a ban?

Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:
  • Modifying your Xbox One hardware or game software and services in any way.
  • Idling through games, habitual quitting/suiciding/betraying, or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
  • Impersonating a 343 Industries or Microsoft employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players.
I shouldn't be banned. My brother/sister/cousin/dad/mom/friend must've logged on with my account and done bad things. Will you please reverse my ban?

If this is indeed the case, we do understand your frustration. However, it is your sole responsibility to keep your account information secure and not share it with others who would abuse it. We have no way of detecting who is playing with your account, and if your gamertag is caught making naughty, you will be banned. Those are the rules.

I didn't do anything wrong, and you can't prove it. Will you please reverse my ban?

Our automated system builds up a digital case of wrongdoing before any ban is enacted. If you accidentally disconnect a time or two, you won't get banned. Instead the system looks for patterns that can't happen accidentally. If the banhammer detects enough wrongdoing, you were doing wrong.

Will posting in this thread guarantee my ban will be lifted and that someone will respond personally to every post?

Unfortunately, no. We simply don't have enough eyes, ears and typing hands to respond to every single post. However, the community will help keep you honest. You have a public game history for everyone to see. If you post you were banned unjustly, the community is in their rights to check out your history to confirm or deny your claims. Please, just keep it clean.

The purpose of this thread is to keep all questions pertaining to bans in one place. Without a megathread for such questions, the rest of the forum will almost certainly turn into a cavalcade of ban questions.

If you were banned and think you have a case, this is the ONLY thread you should post in. If other moderators see posts pertaining to bans in other threads, they will either be deleted outright or a kind-hearted mod might just move the posts to this thread.

If any users are caught habitually spamming ban threads in other threads, we will consider that a violation of the forum Terms of Use. You will risk being banned here as well. We don't want to have to ban anyone, but we do want an open, honest and positive place to post about all things Halo, so a thread like this is necessary.

Thanks in advance!
All lies in this post, the "banhammer" system is indeed broken. Just automatically got booted twice in a row, then bam, banhammer strikes. They even deranked me lol. What an effing joke for real, get yo system straightened out and stop telling people lies.
Server Timed out 2 times last week - Banned for 40 minutes
Server timed out 2 days later - Banned for 8 hours
Server timed out this evening twice - Banned for 2 days.

I understand why this is in place, but punishing players for server issues is messed up. I'm for sure returning the game, because as much as I think this is the best multiplayer yet, the banning system in place has too many problems and it unfairly punishes players.
ya i feel your frustration, i see people quit all the time intentionally and i see them in the next game. But we get booted by the server and we"re the bad guys? For real they need to fix this system. The "banhammer" system should know not to punish players who the server booted out.
The following FAQ should answer some of your questions about Halo 5 bans. We will update this FAQ as necessary.

If you are checking this page because of an in-game message, it is likely that you have been banned for violating the terms of use and/or committing a code of conduct violation. It is also possible, in the case of an especially egregious violation, that your Xbox One system itself is now banned from Matchmaking. The duration of this ban is based on the type, frequency or nature of the committed violation. In most cases, Custom Games will still be available. In extreme cases, they will not.

Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:
  • Idling through games, habitual quitting/suiciding/betraying, or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
  • Impersonating a 343 Industries or Microsoft employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players.
I shouldn't be banned. My brother/sister/cousin/dad/mom/friend must've logged on with my account and done bad things. Will you please reverse my ban?

If this is indeed the case, we do understand your frustration. However, it is your sole responsibility to keep your account information secure and not share it with others who would abuse it. We have no way of detecting who is playing with your account, and if your gamertag is caught making naughty, you will be banned. Those are the rules.

I didn't do anything wrong, and you can't prove it. Will you please reverse my ban?

Our automated system builds up a digital case of wrongdoing before any ban is enacted. If you accidentally disconnect a time or two, you won't get banned. Instead the system looks for patterns that can't happen accidentally. If the banhammer detects enough wrongdoing, you were doing wrong.

Will posting in this thread guarantee my ban will be lifted and that someone will respond personally to every post?

Unfortunately, no. We simply don't have enough eyes, ears and typing hands to respond to every single post. However, the community will help keep you honest. You have a public game history for everyone to see. If you post you were banned unjustly, the community is in their rights to check out your history to confirm or deny your claims. Please, just keep it clean.

The purpose of this thread is to keep all questions pertaining to bans in one place. Without a megathread for such questions, the rest of the forum will almost certainly turn into a cavalcade of ban questions.

If you were banned and think you have a case, this is the ONLY thread you should post in. If other moderators see posts pertaining to bans in other threads, they will either be deleted outright or a kind-hearted mod might just move the posts to this thread.

If any users are caught habitually spamming ban threads in other threads, we will consider that a violation of the forum Terms of Use. You will risk being banned here as well. We don't want to have to ban anyone, but we do want an open, honest and positive place to post about all things Halo, so a thread like this is necessary.

Thanks in advance!
All lies in this post, the "banhammer" system is indeed broken. Just automatically got booted twice in a row, then bam, banhammer strikes. They even deranked me lol. What an effing joke for real, get yo system straightened out and stop telling people lies.
Yet your game history tells us you quit 6 times out of your last 20 games, let alone the percentage on your first page was 50% DNF. "Note to self, check game history before posting "
Ankles32 wrote:

Thanks in advance!
Yet your game history tells us you quit 6 times out of your last 20 games, let alone the percentage on your first page was 50% DNF. "Note to self, check game history before posting "
Burn. People fail to realize that it can be checked and then don't even bother reading OP statement saying the community will indeed check. Lol. I just went outside smoked a cigarette went to the bathroom made a few hotpockets checked my email and now I'm banned. WTF 343i fix your game. Reading this thread has been fun.
I don't know how to play halo 5 anymore, when I play regular games that end quickly at the end and ban me for 2 days for idling. I am playing all of these games to the end and it just bans me anyways. I have put in so much time and money in halo and getting reqs and I just want to play online with my friends and this feels like you're stealing your game back from me. I don't know if is possible to get appealed on a ban but this is frustrating and making me hate halo 5. I would love to continue playing halo and being good at it but this is just unfair because I actually finish the games and it just ignores that fact and bans me for winning. I just got unbanned for a day ban and now after 3-4 games i'm banned for 48 hours.
I received a ban after being disconnected to an already completed match. Why is this? I'd also like to note that I did not act unsportsmanlike in the match I completed. No betrayals, no idling, nothing. Is it possible that the system can have a hiccup and issue a false ban? I feel that may have happened to me, as I rarely ever quit matches. In the past of quitting only one match, I did not receive a ban. The ban that recently happened was lifted after about 30 minutes, but it could have been longer or shorter because the system banned me without a notified reason or duration. It's not an issue for me now, as the ban is lifted, but it is discouraging me from playing if the system is giving out false bans. I'd like to add that if it was because of quitting, I quit one match out of nearly 22 matches over nearly a week. Is that even enough to be issued a ban? I was under the impression that consistent quitting would result in a ban, not one. And I wasn't even banned after quitting. I was banned after completing a match to the very end when I eventually got disconnected in the outro sequence. Some enlightenment on this matter would be nice.
well i have never been banned so i intend to keep it that way
I am one in the same! If I have one game I get disconnected from (I have awesome internet so its rare) I just stop playing halo until my connection goes back up to optimal. Its not that hard to figure out ppl!
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/banned-for-actually-no-reason/1d0dc380-a454-4aaa-9b28-6c4c2644dab4/posts?page=1#post12 Did not mean to double post this but if this helps my case at all I'd like it to be looked at. I would appreciate an appeal very much if I could be so lucky to receive one.
I have no idea
Can I please be appealed from my ban or answered by a mod.
Got banned after 2 games of Griftball. I'm the last to betray on purpose, but 343i needs to understand that in griftball, its gonna accidentally happen. This is crap
Seriously need to get rid of friendly fire or bans in grifball, I'm so tired of getting kicked from games because the gravity hammer is ridiculously powerful.
Hello
Within the last month i ran a lot of times into a problem xbox live core issues and on Microsoft page xbox.com/status was written that it doesn't affect playing online. Nonetheless, it affected and didnt let me to play any games on xbox online. In case with Halo 5 it just didn't let me connect to the lobby. My xbox one is connected to the WiFi (using ubnt.com devices) Got a good server behind with connection speed reaching 200mbs up and down. Server is located 3.6km (air distance) from my home.
Today i ran again into a problem, i downloaded the new update (funny part is it was downloading so slow) and i am sure it was not a problem from my side. After updating the game i tried to play Social Assault. I joined the game without any problems and after a few minutes got kicked. Then i tried once more. Instaconnect (game started fast). I joined a game already in progress and got kicked after a minute of game with message banned for 46 minutes.

It was for the first time with me and i experienced a discomfort.

With the message above I would like to offer 343 to think something out.

For example

To make a system(game) understand when to ban and when to give a so called "Cooldown" or do nothing.

System could be smart enough to ban players for X-minutes/hours/days who left the game on purpose with a pre-warning on 2nd rage quit. Those who got disconnected/kicked because of their connection could get 10-15 minute cooldown with a pre-warning on 2nd disconnection. If the problem is with the server then system does nothing to a player. Ignores that.
i hale lost conectshon and got baned
why am I banned
I purchased Halo 5 a couple of weeks ago, and being used to Call of Duty, I would quit out of a game and not think anything of it. I got banned for the first time but not for very long. So I became more cautious and didn't quit out of as many games. I then began having problems where I would finish the game, but right as the game would end to take me back to the lobby, it would say I was disconnected, and this happened to the point to where I was getting bans for it. 2 nights ago I was banned for the same thing for a duration of about 8 hours. Get on last night, played for a few hours and had no problems. Get on just about 20 min ago, and it says there's an update. I updated my game, start my game back up, and "The ban hammer strikes" pops up on my screen. What I don't understand is how I play all last night no problems, get off, and then it tells me I have been banned for quitting too many matches. Any help/ideas are appreciated.
What's up guys ? some crazy -Yoink- appened today after the update ...i quit 1 game and i got ban for 1 hour ....1 -Yoinking!- hour for 1 quit ... and this happened also after finishing one game regular , not even after the game i quit ,,,, my game history prove this as well ...so i read that u implemented the ban system but i think you have to fix it first ...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 307