2. ...
  3. 83
  4. 84
  5. 85
  6. 86
  7. 87
  8. ...
  9. 307
I just got ban the banhammer for quiting a game once, I had to take a -Yoink-. What the -Yoink- 343, get your damn -Yoink- together.
TheHal09uy wrote:
Well I just disconnected as soon as the game finished. This has been a very occurring problem for me and I now have a 50 minute ban that I would like removed as I have commited no recent offences and I only have a limited time to be playing for and I would like to spend it playing halo but I'll have to just play something else if these blooming servers keep acting up for people in the UK.
so by not committing offenses you forgot the 2 DNFs in a row right before your last game? you were banned for those games not the game you finished. once a game is complete you do not get banned for that one, you are DC to sit out for quitting, which your record shows
I just got ban the banhammer for quiting a game once, I had to take a -Yoink-. What the -Yoink- 343, get your damn -Yoink- together.
by once you mean 4 times in your last 10 games right? all those DNFs are why you got banned
OK NOW the BanHammer has gone to far. We just got our halo 5 guardians back working again from it not wanting to connect to any servers. It was a firewall setting. And my kids have been playing under there own gamer tags. Now today everytime my youngest has been playing some games would continue and others would get disconnected for no reason. 2 games they were winning they were on the final win and before the game could finnish it hung up and quit the game. So he went to forge and built more on his arena he was playing came back and played some more games NOTE: I am watching him play from the couch and know he is playing fairly. Now several games go with out a hitch. Then one in the middle disconnected. So he starts a different game. Hes playing and right as it was getting ready to finnish BAM it disconnects again. I tell him he better quit playing and not start another game before this stupid system unfairly banhammers you again like once before. Then Bam it shows up on the screen BANHAMMER. I am pissed his brother is pissed and he is very up set with this. How when server connections are crappy do we get punished for a game disconnecting before it finishes? And why does my son get punished for it. It did this yesterday with disconnecting and it did it several times today and then he unfairly gets the banhammer for it and really it is not fair at all. As I was watching it he was playing no different then other players and were helping the team to the best of his ability. Before we had figured it was a firewall setting that had us unable to play the game for several Months we just barely got this working again only now to have this happen to my 13 yo sons Gamertag MichaelHA12 wish Bungie was still with you guys because this game has gone down the tubes ever since then. My 16 yo says he will not have us buy any more games of Halo and we have all of them because Bungie is not with them any more and the game is just not the same with out them. Now how can we get this banhammer fixed.

Thanks
Angi And William Parents/ Harrover_Clan of MichaelHA12
OK NOW the BanHammer has gone to far. We just got our halo 5 guardians back working again from it not wanting to connect to any servers. It was a firewall setting. And my kids have been playing under there own gamer tags. Now today everytime my youngest has been playing some games would continue and others would get disconnected for no reason. 2 games they were winning they were on the final win and before the game could finnish it hung up and quit the game. So he went to forge and built more on his arena he was playing came back and played some more games NOTE: I am watching him play from the couch and know he is playing fairly. Now several games go with out a hitch. Then one in the middle disconnected. So he starts a different game. Hes playing and right as it was getting ready to finnish BAM it disconnects again. I tell him he better quit playing and not start another game before this stupid system unfairly banhammers you again like once before. Then Bam it shows up on the screen BANHAMMER. I am pissed his brother is pissed and he is very up set with this. How when server connections are crappy do we get punished for a game disconnecting before it finishes? And why does my son get punished for it. It did this yesterday with disconnecting and it did it several times today and then he unfairly gets the banhammer for it and really it is not fair at all. As I was watching it he was playing no different then other players and were helping the team to the best of his ability. Before we had figured it was a firewall setting that had us unable to play the game for several Months we just barely got this working again only now to have this happen to my 13 yo sons Gamertag MichaelHA12 wish Bungie was still with you guys because this game has gone down the tubes ever since then. My 16 yo says he will not have us buy any more games of Halo and we have all of them because Bungie is not with them any more and the game is just not the same with out them. Now how can we get this banhammer fixed.

Thanks
Angi And William Parents/ Harrover_Clan of MichaelHA12
there is only one game that shows up as a DNF in the record, from the past few days, all the other DC didnt even register towards the ban. are you sure he wasnt kicked out of the game in the mythic weapons playlist? a lot of ppl have been accidentally killing their own teammates. and its not the easiest to tell why actually playing. the score shows the enemy died 39 times but his team only scored 36 times, thats three betrayals in that game. which would lead to a ban. warzone still seems to DC after the update and give a DNF but the arena games have stopped doing that from what ive seen on other profiles. regardless it looks like he was booted from the game for team killing just by looking at the service record, and with 4 total DNFs in arena in 20 games he would receive a ban, but what 5-10 mins?
NO its still banned as he tried to go back on. We just got the game back working. So he should get a betrayal for an accidental grenade bouncing off the offending player on the other team and killing other players? Just do not understand. He used to love this game its one game he loves and now does not understand why this is happening. Its only happened since April. He has Autisum and adhd and its hard to explain to him how a game that servers will do this to. Or those people that will report just because a matchmaking game put him who is not very good into a game with better players them him and because he is not good he gets kicked for it. Just don't seem fair or right. And the game has gone down hill since the April updates and the servers are very unreliable any more. Bungie why did you have to leave 343 and 343 why did you have to get rid of Bungie the game is just not the same since.

Harrover Clan
NO its still banned as he tried to go back on. We just got the game back working. So he should get a betrayal for an accidental grenade bouncing off the offending player on the other team and killing other players? Just do not understand. He used to love this game its one game he loves and now does not understand why this is happening. Its only happened since April. He has Autisum and adhd and its hard to explain to him how a game that servers will do this to. Or those people that will report just because a matchmaking game put him who is not very good into a game with better players them him and because he is not good he gets kicked for it. Just don't seem fair or right. And the game has gone down hill since the April updates and the servers are very unreliable any more. Bungie why did you have to leave 343 and 343 why did you have to get rid of Bungie the game is just not the same since.

Harrover Clan
yea if he kills his own players he gets a betrayal whether its accident or not, and thats odd he is still banned. specially if its warzone and arena, for only a few DNFs,

Bungie ruined Halo when they brought out reach, that was one of the worse installments ever. its like they knew they were heading out and just gave us some lame game.

i owuld try warzone, let him play campaign or try and play customs with him if he likes the game then, until the ban wears off
I have been banned multiple time now and its beginning to irritate me. I will be playing a match of infection and when the game ends and shows the winner then I will sometimes "lose connection" and get banned because of it happening too many times help me before I break something please
The ban system needs to be changed, make it so it resets weekly because this stack stuff is ridiculous

I left my first game in like 3 weeks, got a 20 minute ban
The ban system needs to be changed, make it so it resets weekly because this stack stuff is ridiculous
If they did that, you must realize that people would abuse the "quitter's reset timer." We already see something similar within Arena matchmaking: an Arena Slayer "random" will intentionally team kill to steal a power weapon from a teammate, because they know that they can get away with it once.
I'm sorry to point out the obvious, but if you don't quit you won't get banned. People come to this thread and claim that it is their first offense in days/weeks, they blame server disconnects, etc. In contrast, I have completed over 1900 matchmaking games since launch day without ever quitting in the middle, and I have yet to be banned. That isn't a coincidence, folks.
Will being disconnected by lagging out of a game cause a ban, or count against me, aside from losing whatever XP or RP boost I had used?
yes
Will being disconnected by lagging out of a game cause a ban, or count against me, aside from losing whatever XP or RP boost I had used?
That is the story of my life with Halo 5. I've got the ban hammer many times by lagging out or losing XBL connection. So frustrating!!
I was banned from arena matchmaking for 4 hours because I "committed suicide too many times".
None of these times where I died were on purpose, it was during a game of infection and I was trying to clamber on certain objects but i fell off a lot of them because you are not able to clamber on certain objects in infection. This was on the map called drill site which has a lot of places where you can fall from.
My kdr has more kills than deaths and I have been quite good with the code of conduct. I have never purposefully committed suicide and I like to play halo from time to time to have fun and not to annoy my teammates.
Since I got banned during this game I should have no proof of me actually trying to play the game fairly but I was lucky to be playing with my cousin who has the whole game saved in his theatre for proof.
All I want to do is revert this ban and give myself a clean sheet because If I ever go against the rules again I will be banned for an even longer time than 4 hours and it might be for stupid reasons jus like the ban I currently have.
Does anyone know how I can contact 343 because apparently the have not customer support.
slipkick01 wrote:
I was banned from arena matchmaking for 4 hours because I "committed suicide too many times".
None of these times where I died were on purpose, it was during a game of infection and I was trying to clamber on certain objects but i fell off a lot of them because you are not able to clamber on certain objects in infection. This was on the map called drill site which has a lot of places where you can fall from.
My kdr has more kills than deaths and I have been quite good with the code of conduct. I have never purposefully committed suicide and I like to play halo from time to time to have fun and not to annoy my teammates.
Since I got banned during this game I should have no proof of me actually trying to play the game fairly but I was lucky to be playing with my cousin who has the whole game saved in his theatre for proof.
All I want to do is revert this ban and give myself a clean sheet because If I ever go against the rules again I will be banned for an even longer time than 4 hours and it might be for stupid reasons jus like the ban I currently have.
Does anyone know how I can contact 343 because apparently the have not customer support.
unfortunately a 4 hour ban suggest you have been banned in the past, and most ppl generally dont suicide on purpose anyways, but because your GT has a history of DNFs, whether it be suicides, betrayal or leaving early even one DNF can and will most likely lead to a ban again in the future. if a spot is hard to get to then you shouldnt keep trying. from personal experience i have played that map numerous times and never fell off once. if you jumped off 4 times it sounds like you were trying to get to that spot under the stairs?
I have been banned multiple time now and its beginning to irritate me. I will be playing a match of infection and when the game ends and shows the winner then I will sometimes "lose connection" and get banned because of it happening too many times help me before I break something please
stop quitting, as stated before in this thread, if you receive that message after the game ends its because you have a DNF in the game or two before it. the hammer has a delay 1-2 games before it strikes. you do not get banned for finishing a game.

no resets would get abused so much. and there would be even more quitters for having no fear of getting banned. stop leaving games and it was 20 minutes not that big a deal. one warzone game and its done
Kihn x ju wrote:
slipkick01 wrote:
unfortunately a 4 hour ban suggest you have been banned in the past, and most ppl generally dont suicide on purpose anyways, but because your GT has a history of DNFs, whether it be suicides, betrayal or leaving early even one DNF can and will most likely lead to a ban again in the future. if a spot is hard to get to then you shouldnt keep trying. from personal experience i have played that map numerous times and never fell off once. if you jumped off 4 times it sounds like you were trying to get to that spot under the stairs?
Yeah I got a ban once before from leaving a few games but I haven't left any games since ... If you get penalised from little petty things like leaving games (when people usually join to replace you anyway) and committing suicide 4 times which is way too low then I feel i should sell the game a buy a different one that actually allows you to play it and not get suspended from the main feature because let's face it custom games is useless without split screen. I don't think I will be buying any more of the halo games and I have played all of them apart from combat evolved so i have a very strong connection with the halo franchise and i think many people will agree with me and just move on to other games or even consoles. I actually like 343 industries and wish them well but i am trying to mention faults in the game to make it a game which is more fun to play and the people working in 343 will be getting better pay due to an increase of sales of halo games... no one actually likes the ban hammer. It puts a load on people so that you feel you have to be hooked into the game. Games are a lot more fun when you can relax and not worry about the consequences that will happen if you leave game either for an emergency or your mother wants you to do the dishes instanly and for other reasons that are meaningless.
I'm banned for like 7 hours, I'm not mad or infuriated.
i would just like to know why it's so long? I've got a few accidental betrayals for trying to do my grenade kills for my Spartan company commendation and like left 4 games or so(not consecutively) if that's just how the system processes things I guess I can't argue but 7 hours! Oh, whale. Any info would be nice, thank you for your time.
I'm banned for like 7 hours, I'm not mad or infuriated.
i would just like to know why it's so long? I've got a few accidental betrayals for trying to do my grenade kills for my Spartan company commendation and like left 4 games or so(not consecutively) if that's just how the system processes things I guess I can't argue but 7 hours! Oh, whale. Any info would be nice, thank you for your time.
12 DNFs pat few days. but 7 hours means you have been banned in the past a few times, so each time you get banned it will increase. as of now there are no reports of ban time decreasing either, but no one has ever stopped gettting DNFs for 4 months to test it out
I have been banned for Griefing my teammates. This happened due in part to me accidentally betraying 2 teammates whilst driving a warthog. I have been banned in the past a numerical amount of times for stupid little things, but a ban for something like this that somehow applies for Arena too ? Even though it is in warzone is ridiculous. This ban also happens to be for 24 hours.
I have been banned for Griefing my teammates. This happened due in part to me accidentally betraying 2 teammates whilst driving a warthog. I have been banned in the past a numerical amount of times for stupid little things, but a ban for something like this that somehow applies for Arena too ? Even though it is in warzone is ridiculous. This ban also happens to be for 24 hours.
i assume they booted you from the game? if so that is technically a DNF, and after a certain amount of DNFs (or 1 if you have been banned in the past) can trigger a ban. are you banned in both arena and warzone or just arena?

side note not applied to you, would love for a certain user here to see you got banned in arena even though this happened in warzone.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 83
  4. 84
  5. 85
  6. 86
  7. 87
  8. ...
  9. 307