2. ...
  3. 84
  4. 85
  5. 86
  6. 87
  7. 88
  8. ...
  9. 307
This ban system is a great way to get people to stop playing Halo 5. I haven't put it back in my Xbox since I was banned for 15 minutes.
This ban system is a great way to get people to stop playing Halo 5. I haven't put it back in my Xbox since I was banned for 15 minutes.
you quit 8 out of 52 arena games , the ban was not just given to you just to give it, you were put in time out
Kihn x ju wrote:
I have been banned for Griefing my teammates. This happened due in part to me accidentally betraying 2 teammates whilst driving a warthog. I have been banned in the past a numerical amount of times for stupid little things, but a ban for something like this that somehow applies for Arena too ? Even though it is in warzone is ridiculous. This ban also happens to be for 24 hours.
i assume they booted you from the game? if so that is technically a DNF, and after a certain amount of DNFs (or 1 if you have been banned in the past) can trigger a ban. are you banned in both arena and warzone or just arena?

side note not applied to you, would love for a certain user here to see you got banned in arena even though this happened in warzone.
No, i was not booted from the game which I found quite odd. If screenshots need to be provided I have them on the ready :( and yes, both arena and warzone
Kihn x ju wrote:
I have been banned for Griefing my teammates. This happened due in part to me accidentally betraying 2 teammates whilst driving a warthog. I have been banned in the past a numerical amount of times for stupid little things, but a ban for something like this that somehow applies for Arena too ? Even though it is in warzone is ridiculous. This ban also happens to be for 24 hours.
i assume they booted you from the game? if so that is technically a DNF, and after a certain amount of DNFs (or 1 if you have been banned in the past) can trigger a ban. are you banned in both arena and warzone or just arena?

side note not applied to you, would love for a certain user here to see you got banned in arena even though this happened in warzone.
No, i was not booted from the game which I found quite odd. If screenshots need to be provided I have them on the ready :( and yes, both arena and warzone
i was just asking, maybe warzone has an automatic boot for betrayal, since FF is off in that playlist, preventing team mates from being able to choose or not.
I hate the banhammer! Usually I don't leave matches. For the first time in a lon time have I left a match to quickly go. When I get back I resume my infection game that I just came back to the start of. In the middle of the game everyone just starts walking in place, and it says I lost connection to the server! Even though lag and losing connection ISNT my fault I still got banned for 59minutes! What is up with that? I thought the banhammer is suppose to catch and tell the difference between someones internet giving out and someone manually leaving??
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:

i was just asking, maybe warzone has an automatic boot for betrayal, since FF is off in that playlist, preventing team mates from being able to choose or not.
Are you not a 343 employee ? DANGIT ! Does anyone from there even check this thread ?
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:

Are you not a 343 employee ? DANGIT ! Does anyone from there even check this thread ?
no lol they dont really look at the ban thread, all responses are from fellow players.
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:

no lol they dont really look at the ban thread, all responses are from fellow players.
What the Frick am I supposed to do? Are there any helpful 343 employees that respond on Twitter ?
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:

What the Frick am I supposed to do? Are there any helpful 343 employees that respond on Twitter ?
the ban wont be reversed. unfortunately you did "break" the rules accident or not.
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:

the ban wont be reversed. unfortunately you did "break" the rules accident or not.
Bungie's Halos would've never allowed this
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:
Kihn x ju wrote:

They just allowed you to betray teammates every game with no consequences
Bungie's banhammer was exactly the same, an automated system. These exact same posts and topics happened on Bungie's forums too, which are still available to read
I just bought halo 5 and i was in my second game of slayer and it says im banned, i lagged out and then it said one player in your fireteam is banned. What a waste of my hard earned money
Run5k wrote:
The ban system needs to be changed, make it so it resets weekly because this stack stuff is ridiculous
If they did that, you must realize that people would abuse the "quitter's reset timer." We already see something similar within Arena matchmaking: an Arena Slayer "random" will intentionally team kill to steal a power weapon from a teammate, because they know that they can get away with it once.
I left my first game in like 3 weeks, got a 20 minute ban
I'm sorry to point out the obvious, but if you don't quit you won't get banned. People come to this thread and claim that it is their first offense in days/weeks, they blame server disconnects, etc. In contrast, I have completed over 1900 matchmaking games since launch day without ever quitting in the middle, and I have yet to be banned. That isn't a coincidence, folks.
To be fair, no one wants to play a game if it puts you in midgame, and your team is already getting destroyed
Run5k wrote:
The ban system needs to be changed, make it so it resets weekly because this stack stuff is ridiculous
If they did that, you must realize that people would abuse the "quitter's reset timer." We already see something similar within Arena matchmaking: an Arena Slayer "random" will intentionally team kill to steal a power weapon from a teammate, because they know that they can get away with it once.
I'm sorry to point out the obvious, but if you don't quit you won't get banned. People come to this thread and claim that it is their first offense in days/weeks, they blame server disconnects, etc. In contrast, I have completed over 1900 matchmaking games since launch day without ever quitting in the middle, and I have yet to be banned. That isn't a coincidence, folks.
To be fair, no one wants to play a game if it puts you in midgame, and your team is already getting destroyed
And to be fair, nobody wants to even start a game with people who quit... and that's you. The ban system exists to help the rest of us avoid quitters.

Once again, if you don't quit you won't get banned. This really isn't a difficult concept.
But it is still not fair when it is internet connection or power loss or lightning strikes that knock out the internet. Not everyone can get very fast high speed internet. And not everyone is trying to make it on a Tournament team! WE all don't need games that has the rules of a gaming conference. Some just want to come play to relieve stress and have fun at the end of the day. This banhammer has ruined Halo5 and has lost a many of loyal fans. I know we wont be buying any more. As the kids no longer find it fun. And I find it now frustrating
But it is still not fair when it is internet connection or power loss or lightning strikes that knock out the internet.
Yes, I can see how that would become very frustrating. On the other hand, if you actually encounter problems with lightning strikes, power loss, and an unstable Internet connection so often that you are getting auto-banned, you probably aren't in an ideal environment to attempt to play online games to begin with.
Getting very fed up of getting kicked out of games through no fault of my own and then getting banned. Also the only time I quit games is when they are really laggy and you have no chance.....more bans! Sick of it, it's putting me off the game.
Run5k wrote:
Run5k wrote:
And to be fair, nobody wants to even start a game with people who quit... and that's you. The ban system exists to help the rest of us avoid quitters.

Once again, if you don't quit you won't get banned. This really isn't a difficult concept.
What about when you get dropped because the halo servers decided to have a stroke? It's not fair that those people get banned or at least give them only like 10 minutes to try to get them to sort out their Internet if it's the problem
stckrboy wrote:
Bungie's banhammer was exactly the same, an automated system. These exact same posts and topics happened on Bungie's forums too, which are still available to read
Not an automated system that banned me in BOTH arenas and warzone for 24 hours for killing 2 teammates that didn't get outta my way. Come on, how can you defend a blatantly screwed up system ? What happened to me shouldn't be happening to anybody else and instead of just inciting an argument at me because I'm very aggravated, you should be telling somebody in charge
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 84
  4. 85
  5. 86
  6. 87
  7. 88
  8. ...
  9. 307