3. 85
  4. 86
  5. 87
  6. 88
  7. 89
  8. ...
  9. 306
When does the banhammer reset
Also there should be no FF in grifball because it is literally a game where you swing around giant hammer that cause splash damage like really both the times I got banned it was because there were teamates next to me when I was going after the other team.
What about when you get dropped because the halo servers decided to have a stroke? It's not fair that those people get banned or at least give them only like 10 minutes to try to get them to sort out their Internet if it's the problem.
If people have an unstable Internet service provider or equipment (modem, router, etc.) that is unfortunate, but we certainly can't blame 343i for that.

As for the times when the Halo servers "have a stroke" as you so eloquently put it, I will reiterate what I have said before: I have played over 1900 Halo 5 matchmaking games since launch day, and I have encountered server connectivity issues approximately 12-15 times. In other words, I have witnessed this problem in less than 1% of my games. That doesn't mean that other people haven't seen it more often, but I don't think the problem is nearly as prevalent as the ban hammer recipients would have us believe.

Realistically, it is a shame that even a small percentage of people will get banned when it actually isn't their fault. In a perfect world having a strict ban hammer in effect wouldn't be necessary, but unfortunately there are far too many self-centered people in the Halo community who will quit the moment their team starts losing, and many others who will intentionally betray their Arena teammates just because they had the audacity to pick up the sniper rifle first. As a result, the ban hammer becomes a necessity.
Fun Paste wrote:
I just bought halo 5 and i was in my second game of slayer and it says im banned, i lagged out and then it said one player in your fireteam is banned. What a waste of my hard earned money
Your first two games ever are DNF. 2/3 of the games you have played. You just got a crash course on the ban system
Banning people from playing Arena for more than 20 minutes at a time is absolutely ridiculous regardless of whether they quit on purpose or were accdidetily kicked due to network/server issues. I'm not saying people shouldn't be punished for leaving a game early, however, for those people whom get kicked out of a match it really blows when they get a 24 hour ban for something they couldn't prevent from happening. The punishment should fit the crime please address this issue and find a more efficient means of discipline.
Not an automated system that banned me in BOTH arenas and warzone for 24 hours for killing 2 teammates that didn't get outta my way. Come on, how can you defend a blatantly screwed up system ? What happened to me shouldn't be happening to anybody else and instead of just inciting an argument at me because I'm very aggravated, you should be telling somebody in charge
24 hour bans are only given if an account has previously been banned on a number of occassions. Your ban will have been influenced by that event, but placed because of your actions in game. I'm not inciting any arguments here, I'm just correcting facts about the ban hammer system.
stckrboy wrote:
Not an automated system that banned me in BOTH arenas and warzone for 24 hours for killing 2 teammates that didn't get outta my way. Come on, how can you defend a blatantly screwed up system ? What happened to me shouldn't be happening to anybody else and instead of just inciting an argument at me because I'm very aggravated, you should be telling somebody in charge
24 hour bans are only given if an account has previously been banned on a number of occassions. Your ban will have been influenced by that event, but placed because of your actions in game. I'm not inciting any arguments here, I'm just correcting facts about the ban hammer system.
Regardless of if I've been banned numerous times, do you consider a warzone ban effecting arena gameplay as well fair ? This forum is useless and just serves for players who are unjustly banned to be ridiculed by people who just scapegoat them for 343's wrongdoings. Im not dumb, neither are you. Don't sugarcoat me dude
When does the banhammer reset
Never, it just keeps adding up.
The Population is already low and getting lower every day (17 different times tried to get into a BTB in a 3 day period, never got a match). So keep banning people till they leave. Then when it takes 15 - 20 minutes to get a match wonder why?
The Population is already low and getting lower every day (17 different times tried to get into a BTB in a 3 day period, never got a match). So keep banning people till they leave. Then when it takes 15 - 20 minutes to get a match wonder why?
Preach it dude. These huge bans do nothing but get on people's nerves, and it doesn't help that 343 doesn't have an answer for it
Preach it dude. These huge bans do nothing but get on people's nerves, and it doesn't help that 343 doesn't have an answer for it
Even I agree. I've been playing the game for a little while now and noticed that it takes longer and longer to find matches, and I keep playing against the same people! These bans really need to at least be shorter, or not quite as often!
Even I agree. I've been playing the game for a little while now and noticed that it takes longer and longer to find matches, and I keep playing against the same people! These bans really need to at least be shorter, or not quite as often!
Exactly, i understand the ban and I don't disagree with it. But it needs to reset. Most of the time it's a heat of the moment quit. These happen quite often, especially if the player is not that good, or because of circumstances not in their control. Ban them for up to 1hr. Give them time to cool down. No matter how much or how long you ban them they will keep quitting until you drive them away.

For the people who say good riddance. You won't be saying that when you can't find a match.
Ok so I have playing halo 5 and it's a ton of fun. But every other game for some reason I get disconnected. Now I know it's not on my end because I have payed good money for my internet plus everything else works on it. But that's not the problem. The game things that all these disconnects are me leaving the match early. So now I'm banned. I think it's stupid to get banned for something I didn't do and even worse that it wasn't my fault to begin with. Now I can't play.
So did you guys just permanently ban me? I don't even see the playlist selection anymore? Really?
Wow, so they put mythic -Yoink- snipers back up, I tried to play it and ended up in a swat game. After 2 players quit I figured its not worth staying for a game I didn't intend to play anyways and quit. 3 hour ban! I'm so done with 343 and the ridiculous bans. If people already quit the game is ruined. Why stay to be repeatedly spawn killed. And I definately didn't pay $60 for their excessive bans. While bans are good to a degree, most are excessive to say the least. Last 343 game I'll ever buy. As much as I've loved halo since it's very first launch, I'd rather give it up than pay money for a game I can't play. And for some of us with lives, a 2-3 hr ban is our gaming window for the night, so it might as well be a 24 hr ban.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
this thread needs to be renamed to "The official pleas for unban requests Fallen on deaf ears" thread
Lol, I agree. I just like a place to vent when I feel like halo is being a piece of %>"@. It was 343'so playlist problems that caused my situation in the first place.
In halo five the message of the day is saying their having server issues so I wouldn't play matchmaking for a little that might be why you were put in a swat game
I didn't do anything wrong, and you can't prove it. Will you please reverse my ban?
Our automated system builds up a digital case of wrongdoing before any ban is enacted. If you accidentally disconnect a time or two, you won't get banned. Instead the system looks for patterns that can't happen accidentally. If the banhammer detects enough wrongdoing, you were doing wrong. ``` I have been banned multiple times not my fault the servers suck I paid good money for this game and want to play I would go into a game I=and it would kick me out right away or in middle of game sick of it I want the ban reserved NOW been having problems all day with this game
Over the past month, every time I quit a game (SWAT in particular) the very next game I play and complete it cuts my connection, making it seem like I quit and immediately bans me. This has happened literally every time I quit one game (which is around ~once a week)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 85
  4. 86
  5. 87
  6. 88
  7. 89
  8. ...
  9. 306