2. ...
  3. 87
  4. 88
  5. 89
  6. 90
  7. 91
  8. ...
  9. 307
I have left 4 matches in Halo 5 Arena and received three bans. The first one I believe was excused, the other three I received a ban each one. Today, the most resent ban was for 2 hours. I'm wondering if leaving one match is considered too many matches to leave in halo 5. Yesterday I didn't play halo 5 and yet today I received a ban for just leaving one match.
you have 5 DNFs in 19 games to be exact. because you keep quitting right after you get done with a ban, or very recent of one, you keep getting banned, yes for even one. because you keep quitting also the times have grown exponentially as well. stop quitting your will stop getting longer and longer bans
So, do you know if there is a refresh time?
Kihn x ju wrote:
I have left 4 matches in Halo 5 Arena and received three bans. The first one I believe was excused, the other three I received a ban each one. Today, the most resent ban was for 2 hours. I'm wondering if leaving one match is considered too many matches to leave in halo 5. Yesterday I didn't play halo 5 and yet today I received a ban for just leaving one match.
you have 5 DNFs in 19 games to be exact. because you keep quitting right after you get done with a ban, or very recent of one, you keep getting banned, yes for even one. because you keep quitting also the times have grown exponentially as well. stop quitting your will stop getting longer and longer bans
if there is one it would be by the amount of games played not days in between. as of now no one that has received a ban over an hour or two has even been re banned at a later date and stating there ban was shorter then the previous. for now just dont quit and you wont have to worry. (unfortunately there might be times when life calls but until then stay in the game)
Kihn x ju wrote:
if there is one it would be by the amount of games played not days in between. as of now no one that has received a ban over an hour or two has even been re banned at a later date and stating there ban was shorter then the previous. for now just dont quit and you wont have to worry. (unfortunately there might be times when life calls but until then stay in the game)
Thanks for your help, I guess I'll just play Warzone for now. I was only banned from Arena.
Kihn x ju wrote:
Thanks for your help, I guess I'll just play Warzone for now. I was only banned from Arena.
no problem thank you for not being one of those ragers when someone answers their question for them
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
Spoiler:
Show

Well lets see, first, thanks for your kind words, you are truly a scholar and a noble gentleman.

Thing about quitting is, people do it habitually, if people are in a position where things are not going their way they quit. It essentially punishes those who refuse to quit, I've been in arena games where 2 people on my team have quit several times, i've been in 1 v 4's. Why should I have to put up with that just because others have no backbone and rage the second something is too hard for them. Truth is I want to play people who are better than me, I want the challenge of actually having to improve to beat people. I can't just give up every time something is too difficult, its weak and its pathetic.

Its called determination, it really separates the weak from the strong and the men from the boys.

Also please refrain from calling me an idiot whilst also spouting one of the most idiotic things I've read to date on this forum, it just makes you look silly and makes it really difficult for me to offer you any form of respect when you are clearly far too simple minded to deserve it. 99% of people are not being disconnected, I mean really, c'mon now. Clown.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
Spoiler:
Show

Well lets see, first, thanks for your kind words, you are truly a scholar and a noble gentleman.

Thing about quitting is, people do it habitually, if people are in a position where things are not going their way they quit. It essentially punishes those who refuse to quit, I've been in arena games where 2 people on my team have quit several times, i've been in 1 v 4's. Why should I have to put up with that just because others have no backbone and rage the second something is too hard for them. Truth is I want to play people who are better than me, I want the challenge of actually having to improve to beat people. I can't just give up every time something is too difficult, its weak and its pathetic.

Its called determination, it really separates the weak from the strong and the men from the boys.

Also please refrain from calling me an idiot whilst also spouting one of the most idiotic things I've read to date on this forum, it just makes you look silly and makes it really difficult for me to offer you any form of respect when you are clearly far too simple minded to deserve it. 99% of people are not being disconnected, I mean really, c'mon now. Clown.
The clown comment reminded me of vegeta from dbz lol
but good words. I would say less than 10% of ppl exp DC that are 343 end.
I havent done anything wrong but in the middle of the game it will kick me out and then put me on a ban. it is not my internet because this does not happen with any other game. im not hacking or betraying or suicideing just trying to play the game. i am currently on a 24 hr ban and halo is my most played and favorite game Please HELP!!!!

-Lil Rakus
Spoiler:
Show

I must say your words are inspiring but wrong. It has nothing to do with to hard or men from boys. It has to do with fun. Why should an individual who is getting dominated every time he turns around stay in a game he's not having fun in. Hell I've been a plat going against to onyx. I know my skills do not even come close. i spawned, took 3 steps and was re spawning. I wasn't getting any better.

And to go on your theroy. You know their are quitters so you should expect to go 2 on 4 or even 1 on 4. Quitting is not exclusive on Halo, so GET OVER IT!
Most of the time it's a heat of the moment quit. These happen quite often, especially if the player is not that good, or because of circumstances not in their control.
Really? I'm not that good at all, but I have managed to finish over 1900 games without quitting even once. I'm sorry, but a "heat of the moment quit" should absolutely not be happening "quite often." That isn't a matchmaking problem, it is indicative of a maturity and attitude problem.

You know their are quitters so you should expect to go 2 on 4 or even 1 on 4. Quitting is not exclusive on Halo, so GET OVER IT!
Yes, unfortunately there will always be quitters. On the other hand, that is exactly why there is a strict ban hammer in place and I will have very little sympathy for someone who is banned after intentionally quitting.
Banned after quitting one game?? Seriously? What kind of bs is that? That can't possibly be how strict the ban hammer is.....come on
DarkDub12 wrote:
Banned after quitting one game?? Seriously? What kind of bs is that? That can't possibly be how strict the ban hammer is.....come on
Actually you have three DNF matches within your last eight Arena games, so getting banned really shouldn't be too surprising.
Run5k wrote:
DarkDub12 wrote:
Actually you have three DNF matches within your last eight Arena games, so getting banned really shouldn't be too surprising.
I mean it is. Because I haven't quit 3 games. I quit one...and i played AND finished a match right after that to place in the slayer playlist for this season. And my last 8 arena games were spread out over a 48 hour period. So wtf? I would gladly admit to backing out of said games...if i had. But I generally dont quit on principal. I know it's been frowned upon in previous Halo games so i dont.

So there isn't a 24 hour reset? It counts the games I've quit since the beginning of time??
DarkDub12 wrote:
Run5k wrote:
DarkDub12 wrote:
I mean it is. Because I haven't quit 3 games. I quit one...and i played AND finished a match right after that to place in the slayer playlist for this season. And my last 8 arena games were spread out over a 48 hour period. So wtf? I would gladly admit to backing out of said games...if i had. But I generally dont quit on principal. I know it's been frowned upon in previous Halo games so i dont.

So there isn't a 24 hour reset? It counts the games I've quit since the beginning of time??
Correct there is not reset. That would defeat the purpose of getting banned basically an would not TRY to deviate ppl from quitting. I mean you quit you get banned. It sucks but that's how it is. You have quit almost 50% of your last games according to the user above. That's a lot and not fair to your teammates. So as he said you should
not be surprised you got banned. It was not for one game it was for multiple. Also there is a game or two delay between your last quit and actuslly receiving the ban
Kihn x ju wrote:
DarkDub12 wrote:
Run5k wrote:
DarkDub12 wrote:

Correct there is not reset. That would defeat the purpose of getting banned basically an would not TRY to deviate ppl from quitting. I mean you quit you get banned. It sucks but that's how it is. You have quit almost 50% of your last games according to the user above. That's a lot and not fair to your teammates. So as he said you should
not be surprised you got banned. It was not for one game it was for multiple. Also there is a game or two delay between your last quit and actuslly receiving the ban
So, from now on, if let's say i have to let my dog out or attend to something in real life during a match and need to excuse myself, i can expect to be banned...that is unbelievably ridiculous. That doesn't deter me from quitting, that makes me not want to play at all. Which sucks because I love Halo. I understand being banned for quitting multiple matches in a short period of time. Hell I even understand having a 24 hour period where if you come back and just quit again you get banned. But having every quit logged against me since the launch date is insane. That level of policing is unnecessary.

Also, I guess you just ignored my side of the argument where i stated i hadn't in fact quit 3 of my past 8 games. Well...I went back and watched every single one of those past 8 matches in the theatre. Two of those DNF's were because of connection issues and i was kicked from the game. Which I remember but ASSUMED those didn't count against me as a "quit". And i can only assume they were on 343's side things because I never lost internet connection to my Xbox. I have extremely good internet speeds and stability and am hard wired to my router. I freely admit to quitting one game. One. And apparently because of 343i having technical difficulties I am kept from playing one of my favorite titles.

So, you are incorrect. It was for one game. And that is extremely upsetting to me. And on a personal note, one of my recent games my entire team quit out on me. Leaving me in a 4-1 losing battle, and i still did not quit out. So dont preach to me about it not being fair to my teammates. I know it isn't fair which is why i generally almost never quit. Please don't just band wagon and take sides ignoring my side of things. I'm a loyal Halo fan and always will be. Even with this ridiculous rule in place. I'm not the guy that leaves his squad out of rage from not doing good.
So I get why I got banned... Cause I'm not playing with a booster account and making the game horrible to play and I quit. I get it!!!

I admit I loss my head after losing 6 ranks to booster groups and suspicious activity. What is even more frustrating is having players whom don't have a clue getting sucked in to play against people whom are abusing the rank system and making players like myself give up and quit.... Then when I do I find myself banned.

In the end it seems like your letting the community go to boosting account. Then your punishing the players whom don't want to play against them. A simple solution to suggest is a social play list or just remove all the ranks.

Side note when did 3 BR shots start to become instant kills or spawn trapping in BTB become the normal? So many things going wrong since the June season... So many things it appears the cancer is to deep and the only way to combat it is to become a part of the problem as no one is talking about fixing or stopping the issues that have been set free to run a muck

edit: I have 6 DNFs outta last 50 games and I gave up counting... Most of those where games the server dropped me from
As 343i would like to believe that the ban system is flawless. its not. Its glitchy and and can ban you even when the user hasn't played multiplayer all day. I was playing the campaign all day and decided to quit. I decided to get some breakfast and made myself some cereal. While I was eating, A message prompt appeared on my screen. I was banned for 45 minutes for leaving too many matches early. But how? I haven't touched multiplayer all day? I haven't quit a game since I got the game (I got it the previous day and spend the first day playing multiplayer). In fact, I've probably quit about 5 matches my entire halo 5 career. Then, later that month My entire fireteam was banned for quiting when none of us had quit any of the games we played. So is this system as good as they think it is? No, no it is not. They need to realize nothing is perfect and what can go wrong, will go wrong. The events I have mentioned were from back when I first bought the game and may have been fixed. But I did buy it about a month before memories of reach was released so they could still be present. I came across this and decided to warn you about the ban systems imperfections. Have a nice day.
DarkDub12 wrote:
So, from now on, if let's say i have to let my dog out or attend to something in real life during a match and need to excuse myself, i can expect to be banned...that is unbelievably ridiculous.
No, it isn't. If you have real-life commitments that are more important, don't start playing a Halo multiplayer game. It is a disservice to everyone else in the game, and there is actually a warning on the screen about quitting penalties before you even start searching for a match. As I have said many times before, I have played over 1900 matches since Halo 5 launched, and I still haven't encountered "something in real life" that is so important I need to quit in the middle of the game.
DarkDub12 wrote:
I quit one...
...and shortly after that, you were banned. We can only take your word for it that your other two DNF games were allegedly caused by a server connection problem, but the fact remains: if you hadn't quit, you would not have been banned. This really doesn't seem like a difficult concept.
Run5k wrote:
DarkDub12 wrote:
So, from now on, if let's say i have to let my dog out or attend to something in real life during a match and need to excuse myself, i can expect to be banned...that is unbelievably ridiculous.
No, it isn't. If you have real-life commitments that are more important, don't start playing a Halo multiplayer game. It is a disservice to everyone else in the game, and there is actually a warning on the screen about quitting penalties before you even start searching for a match. As I have said many times before, I have played over 1900 matches since Halo 5 launched, and I still haven't encountered "something in real life" that is so important I need to quit in the middle of the game.
DarkDub12 wrote:
I quit one...
...and shortly after that, you were banned. We can only take your word for it that your other two DNF games were allegedly caused by a server connection problem, but the fact remains: if you hadn't quit, you would not have been banned. This really doesn't seem like a difficult concept.
If you've played over 1900 matches and never been interrupted, then it's very safe to say you don't have a "real life". That doorbell doesn't ring much huh?? But for us in the real world, this kind of ridiculous rigidity is unnecessary. I have to work to pay my bills and keep my electricity on. If i got to sit around and do nothing but play Halo all day maybe my opinion would be different. But i dont. So when i get banned from doing what i want to do in what very little free time i have, for a reason that isn't valid, then it's bs.

It's not a difficult concept. You quit a lot, you get banned. Got it. Roger. Check. But what about when you don't quit a lot and you still get banned? Is it still okay to adhere to this iron fisted policy? The answer is simply no. Punishing players who have spent money on a product because of a problem on the developers end or because things in real life happen (and yes i promise they do) is ridiculous. There is a better algorithm out there. And if you can't see or understand that, then there isn't anything i can say to help you. And thats the end of it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 87
  4. 88
  5. 89
  6. 90
  7. 91
  8. ...
  9. 307