Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

Today's update broke game

OP potloodslijper

After starting today's update download, it created a second Halo 5 emblem in 'My Games', which never disappeared. But the file also never completely installed. When I tried to start up the game itself, it referred me to the Store, where I could click 'Play'. Then it again referred me to the Store, on and on again. Reinstalled the game twice, second emblem remains there even when the game itself is removed.

Anyone encountering the same problem? Great achievement by 343, I imagine breaking an 80GB game with an 190MB update is impressive.
well it has forced me to reinstall the game, so ill be on next week with with my 8mb connection. great job 343.
I had no issues installing the patch.
WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY UNLESS YOU HARD RESET!
I have been kicked out of the first three games I have started
Even though the game hasn't crashed on me, there are 3-4 achievements that aren't unlocking for me, likely due to "profile error sync" notifications I've been getting since I downloaded the update.
ever since the update I havent been able to spawn reqs the last few nights i've played... ill admit it is fun using a pistol the entire time however it would be nice to get some consistency when i am able to get my reqs.. anyone else getting these problems?
Sockettoz wrote:
ever since the update I havent been able to spawn reqs the last few nights i've played... ill admit it is fun using a pistol the entire time however it would be nice to get some consistency when i am able to get my reqs.. anyone else getting these problems?
Yes sir. I have been. When I updated, it sat at 0% for quite some time. I then shut the console down and started back up. Everything was very slow for a few minutes. I have my console set on the normal startup, not the fast startup, so I always give it about 2-3 solid minutes to get itself ready. This was different though. Upon starting Halo 5. It sat on the welcome screen, where you only see Infinity. There was no stats either, such as the press X for friends list or the start button. I restarted again and everything was dandy. But, only 3 out of... man, honestly, quite a few matches, either warzone or arena, I was able to access my reqs. Not too sure what's up... but it is pretty cool though. Forces me to use my brain more (Hah!) Using only assault rifle and pistol and whatever I can find on the ground.
Sorry for being off topic above, anyhow, curious with the 2 icons.... Whoever commented earlier about hard reset, sounds like the way to go if no other ideas. I know that Xbox one Hdd works like a regular computer. In that, when you uninstall/delete a program, it still holds cached files in registry (program pending) or simply has a history folder containing some type of info concerning the uninstalled program. With that data still being read by the computer (Xbox) it may still think it is installed. Hard reset man... complete wipe... unless you put halo on an extended drive... you may be able to take that drive to your computer and do a full format from there.